HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Interview Dave Feschuk talks about his last article in the Star. Burke wants credit

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 10:03 AM
MajorityRules
ExcellencewithVigour

vCash: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
mediocre burke .......he gets way too much ink ......u ever notice u hardly hear ken holland spouting off ?that's class .....burke took 4 years to retool a team that likley will finish between 8th and 12th .. so before we make a statue of him here ,lets fremember the last good gm ,s we had ..this crap all started when richard peddie had to try to run the leafs ....i can bet u right now THE NEW MSLE is picking every good sports expert around's brain to get it right ....IMO .this current management team is short term at best and i think in the long run a hockey man will become president and the buck will stop with him ,this burke crap is old now ,,,,he shouldnt be running around taking credit for stupid contracts and a team that may fall out of the playoffs at any time ,as early as this weekend .
Burke was a hockey man and he doesnt get near enough credit for the great things he did. My guess is you and the rest of the simple-minded folk wouldn't know a good hockey man if he met you in a barn and punched you in the head.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
hotpaws

vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorityRules View Post
Burke was a hockey man and he doesnt get near enough credit for the great things he did. My guess is you and the rest of the simple-minded folk wouldn't know a good hockey man if he met you in a barn and punched you in the head.
All the great things he did ?

All he did was transform us into a playoffs bubble team . It seems that folk such as yourself can't admit when you're wrong .

Last edited by Mess: 04-17-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old
04-17-2013, 09:25 AM
The Iceman

vCash: 500
What I am happiest about Burke is that he went away during the start of free agency when #1 on his shopping list was Brad Richards.
Richards has scored 22 points in 35 games this year as a 32 year old.
He is being paid $12 million this year
$9 million next year
then $8.5, $8.5, $7 million
With an annual cap hit of $6.666667 million for the next 7 years or until he is almost 40 years old.
Can you say OUCH!!!!

Old
04-17-2013, 11:13 AM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Reporters don't need permission to search out the news or truth.
In other words, reporters like Feschuk don't have ethics.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:18 AM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpaws View Post

All he did was transform us into a playoffs bubble team . It seems that simple-minded folk such as yourself can't admit when you're wrong .
hey glass half full or half empty?

u see a playoff bubble team i see a franchise with a lot of young talent in the system with a very competitive NHL team, and burke built it... unless of course u think mclaren and o'bryn are the best players on the team.

Old
04-17-2013, 11:23 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

In a recent interview I think Carlyle said it best when ask what Nonis and himself had set for a goal for this year.

Randy Carlyle summed up the goal for his hockey club. "We're trying to earn respect back for the organization", he said..

It was a pretty embarrassing time for Leaf Nation to be dragged through the depths at the bottom of the NHL standings. So our current success this season is restoring respect back for Leaf Nation again, which in my opinion was long overdue for such a storied franchise.

04-17-2013, 11:38 AM
hotpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
hey glass half full or half empty?

u see a playoff bubble team i see a franchise with a lot of young talent in the system with a very competitive NHL team, and burke built it... unless of course u think mclaren and o'bryn are the best players on the team.
GM's of bottom end team teams add youth/assets through high draft picks and selling at the deadline . Burke isn't alone in this and in fact he missed an opportunity to sell Mac/Grabo/JML at lest years deadline because he was always more concerned with short term goals .

Burke brought in Gusto-Giggy-Scrivens-Rynnas but if wasn't for Reims a JFJ draft pick the Leafs wouldn't be sitting where they are .

Gunner-Kul-Komorov-Frattin-Grabo-Reims were all here before Burke and we were only able to acquire JVR because we had Schenn so pretty much a full 3rd of the team doesn't belong to Burke if you want to look at it that way . Burke was also able to draft Kadri because of JFJ/Cliffy ineptitude .

There's not much difference between a large number of teams and while Nonis didn't have much time to shape the team he did move out dead weight ( komi-tc-lambo ) and allowed the coach to dress the lineup he believes would be the most successful .

Old
04-17-2013, 02:48 PM
eyeball11

I love seeing Brian Burke's team running at paces that would equal all time franchise records, being the only guy in the league with 3 forwards 25 and under in the top 50 scoring forwards, etc.

Good times. No worries Brian, we'll remember your efforts and reap its benefits for many years to come.

Old
04-17-2013, 02:58 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
I love seeing Brian Burke's team running at paces that would equal all time franchise records, being the only guy in the league with 3 forwards 25 and under in the top 50 scoring forwards, etc.

Good times. No worries Brian, we'll remember your efforts and reap its benefits for many years to come.
JVR is tied for 53rd with 8 other players one of whom was a former Leaf who's also 25 and who Burkie dumped for nothing .

Old
04-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Krazy

Quote:
JVR is tied for 53rd with 8 other players one of whom was a former Leaf who's also 25 and who Burkie dumped for nothing .
Sad thing is both Burkes acquisition and cast off are doing better than 63rd placed Tyler seguin. Imagine burke drafted him, you would lose your mind about how he cant beat tlusty. Bahahahahahahahaha

I love how you come back after every loss.

I do agree though that Burke should have traded grabo and saw what he had in Kadri. Then again I also wanted him to trade liles who has been great this year.

Old
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Krazy

Quote:

All he did was transform us into a playoffs bubble team . It seems that folk such as yourself can't admit when you're wrong .
Tied for 7th overall is a playoff bubble team? Ok....

Old
04-17-2013, 03:53 PM
hotpaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
Sad thing is both Burkes acquisition and cast off are doing better than 63rd placed Tyler seguin. Imagine burke drafted him, you would lose your mind about how he cant beat tlusty. Bahahahahahahahaha

I love how you come back after every loss.

I do agree though that Burke should have traded grabo and saw what he had in Kadri. Then again I also wanted him to trade liles who has been great this year.
The B's are more about winning cups than counting how many points there players have in any given season .

It's unbelievable how obsessed you are with the Kessel trade , it's pretty much all you post about . I guess you have to get your shots in while you still can .

I'm here during the wins and the losses but this thread has nothing to do with last nights game .

Burke should have dumped Grabo-JML-Mac , all of whom have proven to be expendable . I said this last year as well so I don't need to hear the hindsight crap and when has JML played great .

Old
04-17-2013, 04:40 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Must have got beat bad last night. The "realists" are back in all of their glory bashing Burke.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:48 PM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
Must have got beat bad last night. The "realists" are back in all of their glory bashing Burke.
Gotta love the self proclaimed "realists", their posts are good for a few laughs.

Old
04-17-2013, 04:53 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post
Gotta love the self proclaimed "realists", their posts are good for a few laughs.
Ayup. If you have to proclaim to the world repeatedly that you're a realist, chances are you aren't.

The lady doth protest too much and all that.

Old
04-17-2013, 05:19 PM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by egd27 View Post
funny thing this team has played its best hockey since burke got canned ,,,,no connolly .no knomiserik ,no brown ....no steckel and NOOOOOO WILSON
just saying what coincidence huh ,,,,,,he was an averagE GM period

Old
04-17-2013, 05:42 PM
egd27
#freethebigpicture

Quote:
Originally Posted by hullsy47 View Post
funny thing this team has played its best hockey since burke got canned ,,,,no connolly .no knomiserik ,no brown ....no steckel and NOOOOOO WILSON
just saying what coincidence huh ,,,,,,he was an averagE GM period
So they're playing their best hockey with Kadri, with Kessel, with Phaneuf, with McClement and wiiiiiiiith Carlyle.

what a coincidence indeed.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:25 PM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStreetBullies View Post
If one side is referred to as the "realists", and proven right by Burke's dismissal, then what is the opposing or opposite point of view referred to as the "unrealists", because they were wrong?

Old
04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
mikeo1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
If one side is referred to as the "realists", and proven right by Burke's dismissal, then what is the opposing or opposite point of view referred to as the "unrealists", because they were wrong?
huh?

Old
04-17-2013, 06:35 PM
BayStreetBullies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
huh?
My thoughts exactly.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:35 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
How could they be wrong? His team is running at franchise point records for a near 100 year history.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:42 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
I guess I'll apologize for not having looked at today's stats.

Then I'll laugh that all club reality has to cling to is that he's 51st instead of 50th.

Then I'll laugh some more that club reality now wants Tlusty when at the time of his photos, they were some of the loudest proponents that he had to be removed from the team immediately.

Ya just gotta love it!

Old
04-17-2013, 06:44 PM
eyeball11

Quote:
The B's are more about winning cups than counting how many points there players have in any given season .
Give them another 2 centuries and maybe they'll catch up to the Leafs. Geez, we've given them almost a 50 year reprieve.....

Old
04-17-2013, 06:49 PM
MrLegend28

even when the leafs are doing well you have idiot bitter fans who wanna complain. go like Edmonton or something.

Old
04-17-2013, 07:01 PM
Dio666

@ WeWantACup

Good job with the interviews!

Thanks for sharing

Closed Thread