HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preseason game 5 | Coyotes @ Sharks | 9-26-14 | 7:30 p.m. PDT

Old
09-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Miss Misery

vCash: 564
Preseason game 5 | Coyotes @ Sharks | 9-26-14 | 7:30 p.m. PDT

@

Lineups: Who knows, I mean hell the NHL preview page still shows Mike Ribeiro's stats

Television: Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Radio: Neither the Coyotes nor Sharks have a listing for any kind of radio

Chances of us being able to follow this game: Slim

09-26-2014, 12:36 PM
Desert Ice 11

vCash: 450
Southwest NHL slum team VS Nor Cal hipsters.. If that's offensive to you I am kidding

Probably only way to follow the game is using NHL game tracker.

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 12:44 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 442
I'll be here:

Earth & Space Open House Sept. 26, 2014
Today at 7:00pm
ASU ISTB 4 in Tempe, Arizona

I'll catch up on the game when I get home. Hope the coaches make the right decision on who to keep and who to let go.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 01:13 PM
Grimes

vCash: 500
Per Sarah M

This is going to be a great test for the kids. This also makes me more confident that Tippett thinks the rookies have a shot at playing in the big league.

Grimes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 01:18 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
Per Sarah M

This is going to be a great test for the kids. This also makes me more confident that Tippett thinks the rookies have a shot at playing in the big league.
This the game where you make your statement for one of the last spots. Wish it was televised.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 01:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Yep. **** is now real.

09-26-2014, 01:28 PM
0point1
Sharks=cupYotes=McDa

vCash: 1387
I agree this is a huge test... 10 or so Sharks NHLers and rookies verses 4 or 5 Coyotes NHLers and our rookies. Plus they are playing their number 1 goalie last season, Niemi. Let's all hope for a stellar performance by our rookies.

0point1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 01:37 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
boots and pants

Since this is not on TV or radio in either market.....can someone who is going to the game give a little rundown on how a few Sharks look tonite?

Goldobin
Tarasov
Tierney
Mueller
Abeltshauser

......would appreciate impartial eyes letting us Sharks fan know how our youngsters look, if possible.

09-26-2014, 02:04 PM
_Del_

Well, this is definitely the time to make a statement if you're one of the bubble guys. Obviously a "show me what you've got" lineup. Some of these guys will be getting big minutes. Wish this was going to be streamed somewhere! Even a radio feed would be nice.

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 02:15 PM
Grimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Del_ View Post
Well, this is definitely the time to make a statement if you're one of the bubble guys. Obviously a "show me what you've got" lineup. Some of these guys will be getting big minutes. Wish this was going to be streamed somewhere! Even a radio feed would be nice.
I don't understand in this day and age how you don't at least stream preseason games. Why wouldn't you want other GM's to be able to see your prospects either? It's bizarre.

Old
09-26-2014, 03:03 PM
MIG
Undocumented User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimes View Post
I don't understand in this day and age how you don't at least stream preseason games. Why wouldn't you want other GM's to be able to see your prospects either? It's bizarre.
So you think they don't stream it to prevent scouting? doubtful.

Why does the NFL broadcast every preseason game....cuz people want to watch it (in other words $$$)

The reason most NHL games are not broadcast is because there's no money it. Trust me, if FSAZ thought they could make money on Coyotes preseason games instead of showing the D-backs finish up another losing season they would do it. Of course, they are contracted to show the d-backs lose, so I guess they're stuck.

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 03:08 PM
MIG
Undocumented User

On the other hand, what does it actually cost to stream a game? The game is being filmed already I'm assuming. Anybody have an educated guess about how much $ to put it on the web.

MIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 03:29 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
On the other hand, what does it actually cost to stream a game? The game is being filmed already I'm assuming. Anybody have an educated guess about how much $ to put it on the web.
Well, you'd have to factor in the costs of the equipment, multiple cameras, crew, and on-air talent, so it's not cheap.

That said, you'd think that the home team broadcast crew would take the time to knock the rust off their game a bit prior to the season starting.

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 03:35 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
Well, you'd have to factor in the costs of the equipment, multiple cameras, crew, and on-air talent, so it's not cheap.

That said, you'd think that the home team broadcast crew would take the time to knock the rust off their game a bit prior to the season starting.
You wouldn't need to do all that. Isn't there a way to stream the jumbotron feed? Maybe plug in some ads during the intermissions?

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 03:39 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
You wouldn't need to do all that. Isn't there a way to stream the jumbotron feed? Maybe plug in some ads during the intermissions?
The jumbotron feed is still run by humans - the only thing you'd be missing is the commentary crew.

Old
09-26-2014, 04:12 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by zyllyx View Post
The jumbotron feed is still run by humans - the only thing you'd be missing is the commentary crew.
Humans already there, already running it. It's simply streaming the in house video on the big screen to the Internet for at home consumption. I'm sure Dave Vest is paid a salary so it wouldn't cost extra to have him post a quick notice and link to the stream. I suspect it would cost roughly zero dollars. Between zero dollars and one hundred dollars.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 04:15 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Humans already there, already running it. It's simply streaming the in house video on the big screen to the Internet for at home consumption. I'm sure Dave Vest is paid a salary so it wouldn't cost extra to have him post a quick notice and link to the stream. I suspect it would cost roughly zero dollars. Between zero dollars and one hundred dollars.
Okay, then, what about the NHL's streaming policies for preseason games? I don't know what exclusivity clauses are in the NHL agreements but I figure since camps are streamed but preseason isn't, it would have to be in violation of some sort of NHL streaming exclusivity clause.

Old
09-26-2014, 04:16 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Probably.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 05:56 PM
Grimes

Good point zyllyx. There has to be something barring it outside of pure laziness. At least I'd hope so.

Old
09-26-2014, 06:08 PM
kihekah19

The lack of coverage is annoying to those of us who really want to follow the game and players progression. Watching them play in the A, or Jr's is all fine and good, but until they are paired up with and matched up against those who are at the top level, we're really left with more questions than answers.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 06:10 PM
Primrose Everdeen
Miss Misery

vCash: 564
Getting a stream up of something really, really depends on the quality and how many viewers you have. For video, the bandwidth can add up quite fast. For 3 hours (rounding of course) of an NHL game you're probably not looking at more than a few hundred bucks worth of bandwidth to stream video though.

Radio's even less, but then you have to have a person calling the game; I'm sure fans like us would be happy with just the jumbotron feed for video.

Primrose Everdeen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 08:41 PM
doaner

Glad I'm on a daddy daughter date since the game seems to be unavailable to me. Box troll kids here we go!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 08:46 PM
Muppet
Howlin' For You

Well, it looks like every game so far today is on GCL, so I'm holding out hope for this one as well. It's a shame I have zero interest in any of the games currently on.

edit: I take that back. Clicked on the Tampa-Dallas game, it was playing for about 10 seconds and then stopped, saying preseason games aren't available.. and neither are the others.

Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 09:06 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Well, it looks like every game so far today is on GCL, so I'm holding out hope for this one as well. It's a shame I have zero interest in any of the games currently on.
Like monday's game if they have a Radio feed GCL seems to take that and combine it with the in-arena feed for a stream. Since there is no radio at all in this game......

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Muppet
Howlin' For You

Ah well, looks like we're all boxscore watching. This is a real test for the kids, as SJ seem to be icing a fairly strong team.

Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote