HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Proposed Coyotes Rebrand (concept) (NEW concept on page 15)

Old
07-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Etch

vCash: 193

What exactly was wrong with the design posted way back on the first page? I think it's just different enough but still retains the Coyotes theme, also LOVE the sand color.

I must be in the minority but the blue and the striped shoulders really don't do it for me. Maybe it's a "you have to live in Arizona to appreciate our flag" thing. Not saying it's bad, just that I liked the first designs better in my opinion

Etch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:48 AM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
i would think so, thats what $45-50 k worth of seats. nice little finders fee

More like 73K plus, with the cheapest option - Gila River Club access. Perhaps lower level seats would be nearly as appealing and more prudent?

The idea may also spur sth increase for those who want a say in the new look.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:49 AM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etch View Post

What exactly was wrong with the design posted way back on the first page? I think it's just different enough but still retains the Coyotes theme, also LOVE the sand color.

I must be in the minority but the blue and the striped shoulders really don't do it for me. Maybe it's a "you have to live in Arizona to appreciate our flag" thing. Not saying it's bad, just that I liked the first designs better in my opinion
Colors are okay, but the logo looks like a wild hog with the mane of a lion.

Old
07-07-2013, 11:49 AM
TucsonYotesFan

Quote:

Nope, it's not just you. I can't say that I'm a fan of the AZ flag look, either. I like the color-scheme from your designs but I think that I'd prefer to keep the look of our current coyote.

TucsonYotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 11:52 AM
huhwhtfkr

Quote:

I'm with you,its kind of busy and distracting in state colors.

huhwhtfkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Leblanc has said they 'love the logo and don't plan to change it' so we're screwed. Maybe a jersey tweak. Who knows? Hopefully they'll ask around and find out that rebranding is lucrative.
I know he said that but for a third jersey? Isn't that what the third set is for? to be different from the other two sets of jerseys.

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 12:22 PM
huhwhtfkr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan11 View Post
I know he said that but for a third jersey? Isn't that what the third set is for? to be different from the other two sets of jerseys.
how about something along the lines of the one RT (?) had up earlier with the sweater in black and the sunburst patterned yoke in sand and red and put the state shape on the chest, something like the centennial jersey from last season?

huhwhtfkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhwhtfkr View Post
how about something along the lines of the one RT (?) had up earlier with the sweater in black and the sunburst patterned yoke in sand and red and put the state shape on the chest, something like the centennial jersey from last season?
I have seen three different ones on here.

The first one was the one with the a shaggy looking coyote head. Sorry, I think it is great work but I don't care for it because in my opinion it looks cartoonie to me. I like the color scheme but the logos kill it for me.

The second one I saw was with the A and the coyote in the middle. I really liked it but it reminded me of the Atlanta Flame jerseys. I would rather not be compared to Atlanta in anyway. Instead be unique and not compared to anything.

The third is the one that I hated but grew to like because it is very different. It shows state pride and it shows that our team is different. I like the colors and would think black or white would be a good base color. I am not sold to much on the blue I think the flag stripes should stay the same. As for the logo on the front, almost any Coyote logo would suffice.

Old
07-07-2013, 01:22 PM
HerrDonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan11 View Post
I have seen three different ones on here.

The first one was the one with the a shaggy looking coyote head. Sorry, I think it is great work but I don't care for it because in my opinion it looks cartoonie to me. I like the color scheme but the logos kill it for me.

The second one I saw was with the A and the coyote in the middle. I really liked it but it reminded me of the Atlanta Flame jerseys. I would rather not be compared to Atlanta in anyway. Instead be unique and not compared to anything.

The third is the one that I hated but grew to like because it is very different. It shows state pride and it shows that our team is different. I like the colors and would think black or white would be a good base color. I am not sold to much on the blue I think the flag stripes should stay the same. As for the logo on the front, almost any Coyote logo would suffice.
I agree with your comments on the first set, the rebranding that was posted on the page one. Maybe someone should put together a mock-up replacing that 'cartoon-y' coyote head logo with the current one (which the new owners don't want to change anyway)?

Agreed on your second comment as well, rebranding to look more like another team isn't a great idea in my mind (though I don't know anything about an Atlanta Flame team?).

I don't see eye-to-eye with you on the third proposal; the bold comments specifically.
I dislike the colors of the AZ state flag and I've never been particularly proud to have been born and raised in this state, especially in recent years. In general, warm colors aren't as favorable as cool colors, and in my case that is especially true- I really don't like the gold or red (or the copper star on the flag).

HerrDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:28 PM
strizzy16

Continuing to work with the original design, here's my first logo update. Still not quite there, but I think it's moving in the right direction. (I'll post one with the current logos too, seems like people want to see that...)

Messing with some merchandise designs...

Thanks for all the feedback btw everyone, I appreciate all the comments, whether you like the designs or not!

strizzy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Jakey53

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzy16 View Post
Continuing to work with the original design, here's my first logo update. Still not quite there, but I think it's moving in the right direction. (I'll post one with the current logos too, seems like people want to see that...)

Thanks for all the feedback btw everyone, I appreciate all the comments, whether you like the designs or not!
I like the A logo. This coyote head reminds me of the C on Calgary's, looks to busy. I like a clean look. Other than that, these are nice.

Jakey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
ck26
Alcoholab User

vCash: 133
I like the jerseys, but I don't like the logo. The color and texture looks more like a desert flower than a coyote head. Current coyote head is fine.

ck26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Lyotes

I was thinking more like miss piggy from the Muppets.

Lyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 01:57 PM
strizzy16

haha I guess I don't really see the pig resemblance with the latest update, I definitely see it with the nose of the original logo.

I was simply trying something new though! By popular demand...

(I would LOVE to see these on the ice)

strizzy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Llewzaher

I actually like that with , looks good with current logo.. maybe without the orange lettering .. improved for sure tho

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:12 PM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

This design is pretty and the color palette would be fine for a website, but it's just too busy / subtle / monochromatic and faded for a hockey jersey IMO. We need bright, bold colors & high contrast; the sand & orange variations would become bland and boring really fast. This style would not age well.

A hockey jersey is no supposed to be trendy, it needs to be aggressive and somewhat tacky. This is no place for good taste.

But hey, that's just one guy's opinion.

Last edited by zz: 07-07-2013 at 06:32 PM.
zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:12 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
haha I guess I don't really see the pig resemblance with the latest update, I definitely see it with the nose of the original logo.

Sorry and no offense. I thought I would like this sweater with the current logo, but now I see I don't like the sweater at all, it's imo a step back from what we currently have. just my opinion.

Old
07-07-2013, 02:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Continuing to work with the original design...

[IMG]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z127/phoco16/coyotes-logo-up

Maybe if you cut out the one piece of stray fur under the chin? That might clean up the shagginess that folks seem to be complaining about.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 02:28 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewzaher View Post
I actually like that with , looks good with current logo.. maybe without the orange lettering .. improved for sure tho
Yeah, the league might not allow the orange on the sand for the name plate. A little too difficult to read, probably.

I really like the way that dark burgundy and sand color work together, though.

They look good. They are more southwestern than the current set without being kitsch. They aren't gift shop tourist worthy by any means. I personally prefer a more traditional look, but if we want to wink at the southwest, these are a tasteful way to do it.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Yeah, the league might not allow the orange on the sand for the name plate. A little too difficult to read, probably.

I really like the way that dark burgundy and sand color work together, though.

Maybe leave the lettering orange but just make the nameplate the dark burgundy. Speaking of what the league allows, would they allow a sand colored road jersey or do they all have to be white?

I'd also love for the home jersey to be the dark burgundy instead of the straight red in that concept. Really love the overall color palate though.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:15 PM
HerrDonut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceva Sct View Post
I'd also love for the home jersey to be the dark burgundy instead of the straight red in that concept.
Me too. Gotta go with whichever shade of red makes the logo more visible on that home jersey, though.

HerrDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewDonut View Post
I don't see eye-to-eye with you on the third proposal; the bold comments specifically.
I dislike the colors of the AZ state flag and I've never been particularly proud to have been born and raised in this state, especially in recent years. In general, warm colors aren't as favorable as cool colors, and in my case that is especially true- I really don't like the gold or red (or the copper star on the flag).
I see your point. There are a lot of transplants here and people that probably feel the same. Guess I was being selfish on that

Here is the Atlanta Flame uniform.

Old
07-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:

i like it

Old
07-07-2013, 03:49 PM
TucsonYotesFan

Quote:

I'd buy one!!

TucsonYotesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 05:58 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Maybe if you cut out the one piece of stray fur under the chin? That might clean up the shagginess that folks seem to be complaining about.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I love the sand, orange, burgundy color theme.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote