HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposed Coyotes Rebrand (concept) (NEW concept on page 15)

Old
07-07-2013, 06:16 PM
strizzy16

vCash: 500
I'm having way too much fun with these to stop now.

Here's a quick n' simple idea based off the current unis. Shoulder yoke on the homes, completely dropped white from the dark jerseys as well, added a hem stripe to make it look a little more old school, new color scheme with gold and burgundy used minimally, new font, C moon logo, and also another try at a really subtle rising sun pattern behind the crest.

I have more ideas so not planning on stopping, haha.

strizzy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 06:21 PM
strizzy16

Oh, and in regards to having sand as an away jersey, I'd hope that the NHL would allow it, but I suspect that they probably wouldn't. There's probably a rue against it, not completely sure. But, having seen the old-timey off white used in Winter Classic games, it's obvious that there's plenty of contrast between the teams and I personally think it would be fitting for a desert team like the Yotes.

Old
07-07-2013, 06:24 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by strizzy16 View Post

Here's a quick n' simple idea based off the current unis. Shoulder yoke on the homes, completely dropped white from the dark jerseys as well, added a hem stripe to make it look a little more old school, new color scheme with gold and burgundy used minimally, new font, C moon logo, and also another try at a really subtle rising sun pattern behind the crest.

These are cool but a personal pet peeve of mine is light shoulder yoke on dark jersey. I'd like it a lot more if the burgundy uniform was without that light yoke. Maybe use the burgundy as the yoke on the red?

Last edited by rt: 07-07-2013 at 07:35 PM.
rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:13 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krepitch View Post
They'll be the Phoenix, Arizona Coyotes.

Just enough to make everyone angry.
Arizona Coyotes of Glendale?

DirtyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
Arizona Coyotes of Glendale?
Phoenix Arizona Mighty Coyotes of Glendale Not California.

Old
07-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Desert Ice 11
Release 20140726 :|

vCash: 450
Quote:

I dislike this

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 07:40 PM
Tanic

With apologies to the Golden State Warriors... the Copper State Coyotes!

Tanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2013, 08:05 PM
_Del_

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Phoenix Arizona Mighty Coyotes of Glendale Not California.
It's got a certain flow to it...

_Del_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 01:21 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan11 View Post
I see your point. There are a lot of transplants here and people that probably feel the same. Guess I was being selfish on that

Here is the Atlanta Flame uniform.

Quote:

Something like an non-crappy MSPaint version of this...
Do they really look similar?

Old
07-14-2013, 10:56 AM
Desert Ice 11

This one looked similar to the Atlanta Flames one to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihekah19 View Post

This uniform does not look similar to the Atlanta Flames but...the logo (even though there are some different colors) still reminds me of the Atlanta Flames logo. Not saying it is a copy or a ripoff but it looks similar to me.

Old
07-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
I think I would puke if I saw us skating around in those Arizona state flag jerseys. Any variation of them. They are ugly.

Kimahri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:34 PM
Stay in AZ

Does anyone know the name of the original font the coyotes used from 1996-2003? I can't find it or even the name of the font anywhere.

Stay in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:50 PM
Vip
fun must be always

vCash: 50
I'm a huge fan of the Arizona state flag jerseys. Those are gorgeous.

I'm getting excited just thinking about the goalie pad colorway possibilities with those jerseys. And the player gloves. Those things would be beautiful.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Desert Ice 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipassana View Post
I'm a huge fan of the Arizona state flag jerseys. Those are gorgeous.

I'm getting excited just thinking about the goalie pad colorway possibilities with those jerseys. And the player gloves. Those things would be beautiful.
Oh yea, that would be pretty cool for goalie pads. I like the flag ones to but I agree with what some points someone made about it to agree maybe not the best choice.

Old
07-23-2013, 11:58 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Mosby View Post
It seems many think something like this could be a simple solution to our jersey issue. Basically take the third jersey and replace the 'dead dog' logo with our primary logo.

At the very, very least they MUST do this. Make these the home uniforms. I like the white road uniforms just fine and what you did, here, would be just great as the home darks. Really it's just that solid red Block-O-Color, I don't like. I was scrolling through some of the photo galleries on the Coyotes site, and boy do those solid reds look like batting practice. Or children's "onesy" pajamas.

Leave the whites "as is" and replace the primary logo on the thirds to the standard, in order to convert it to the home darks, and we're all set. Then in a few years, GO CRAZY with the thirds. Kachina print, AZ flag colors, whatever you want. Go nuts.

Old
07-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Ted Mosby

Anaheim is bringing back the purple and green Mighty Duck jersey as a 3rd jersey, so we can definitely bring back the Kachina.

Ted Mosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 10:39 AM
NHLfan4life
Who is PKP???

Quote:
At the very, very least they MUST do this. Make these the home uniforms. I like the white road uniforms just fine and what you did, here, would be just great as the home darks. Really it's just that solid red Block-O-Color, I don't like. I was scrolling through some of the photo galleries on the Coyotes site, and boy do those solid reds look like batting practice. Or children's "onesy" pajamas.

Leave the whites "as is" and replace the primary logo on the thirds to the standard, in order to convert it to the home darks, and we're all set. Then in a few years, GO CRAZY with the thirds. Kachina print, AZ flag colors, whatever you want. Go nuts.
I agree with this 100%. They need to go all out on the 3rd.

NHLfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 11:58 AM
strizzy16

Quote:

No, thanks. I can do without that hideous reebok template. Not to mention the bad color balance of red helmets and red pants with the black jerseys, pants should almost never be lighter than the jerseys, and helmets should NEVER be lighter than the jerseys. I wouldn't mind a black home uniform, but that third jersey template is awful and needs to go.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
No, thanks. I can do without that hideous reebok template. Not to mention the bad color balance of red helmets and red pants with the black jerseys, pants should almost never be lighter than the jerseys, and helmets should NEVER be lighter than the jerseys. I wouldn't mind a black home uniform, but that third jersey template is awful and needs to go.
Fair. All fair. Still, I can't take the solid block of color that is the red home uniform.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:27 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Never? There's no universal design rule that guides what makes a great uniform. If anything, the thirds with the red gear provide a really unique look. I'm not particularly fond of the black, as plenty of teams in our division use it. But the third with the regular logo would be an upgrade on the terrible home uniforms.

Hell, some simple white striping at the bottom would do the same.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 12:29 PM
AZCOYOT

I like the Arizona state flag colors personally.

Overall, we need to add Sand/Cactus Green/Black to our Sedona Red scheme. Keep the current logo and redesign the uniforms as a whole.

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:43 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I can sum up this entire thread. "That sucks but this is awesome. No that sucks, but this is awesome". I think this is why most uniforms are safe and bland.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2013, 03:46 PM
strizzy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Never? There's no universal design rule that guides what makes a great uniform. If anything, the thirds with the red gear provide a really unique look. I'm not particularly fond of the black, as plenty of teams in our division use it. But the third with the regular logo would be an upgrade on the terrible home uniforms.

Hell, some simple white striping at the bottom would do the same.
Mmm, there's general design principles that apply to all sports uniforms. White it's not completely universal, the Coyotes red helmet with black jersey doesn't look right. The Islanders blue helmet with black jersey looks even worse. And it's used frequently in International/European leagues, with similar effects. I could start listing examples in college football and NFL but we won't even go there. The sport it works most often in is baseball-- but then again, when the Marlins wear Black jerseys with bright Orange hats, it certainly is not aesthetically pleasing.

I don't think the yotes have the best home jerseys in the league, but they certainly aren't the worst. The easiest fix would be to add the same stripes on the hem, and remove the pants stripe, but then you basically have the Gretzky era uniforms again. The removal of the bottom stripe is Reebok's way of trying to make a more "modern" looking uniform, but it ends up looking like pajamas. Still, although our uniforms walk the line between "simple" and "bland", we still have a recognizable look with a striping pattern that in my opinion fits the team and some modern elements such as the logos and font. It's classy.

That being said, a color scheme like the one I proposed in the original concept in this thread (shameless plug alert!) would be even more fitting. It could be refined obviously, but the two tone sedona red with slight beige and gold accents would be awesome. Just saying.

Old
07-24-2013, 03:47 PM
strizzy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
I can sum up this entire thread. "That sucks but this is awesome. No that sucks, but this is awesome". I think this is why most uniforms are safe and bland.
I think a better way to summarize this thread is "everyone has their own opinions."

Old
07-24-2013, 03:49 PM
strizzy16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay in AZ View Post
Does anyone know the name of the original font the coyotes used from 1996-2003? I can't find it or even the name of the font anywhere.
That is what we call a "custom font". In otherwords, it's not available as a downloadable font like Times New Roman or Helvetica. You'd have to recreate it yourself.