HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2013, 03:24 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
How much time did the Jets players you mentioned miss due having suffered brain injuries? None? The reason I ask is because brain injuries carry with them specific affiliated future risks, and as such your analogy doesn't apply. The point being of course that a 20 y/o player that has already suffered two brain injuries by that age has perhaps near garnered the damaged goods label.
So if evander Kane gets a 6 game concussion tomorrow, when he comes back he's now damaged goods?

Old
03-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
So if evander Kane gets a 6 game concussion tomorrow, when he comes back he's now damaged goods?
We aren't discussing Evander Kane nor theoretical injuries but rather are discussing Jeff Skinner and that he has already suffered two real brain injuries at age 20. That reality suggests the potential future risks - red flag when considering trading for a player with that history.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:33 PM
jetkarma

Add the risk to the value Carolina would place on him would make the price too steep imo.

Carolina isn't nor should they discount him , but hard to make this trade for multiple reasons. Where we may find a trade that works is moving a Dman , as we have a very young , elite level prospect ready or almost ready and top 2/3 Dmen are valued and in demand.

Moving one for the equivalent player upfront could make sense and we have some picks and other players to massage a deal.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:23 PM
I Am Beat You

Do any of you think Bogosian might be available for the right price?

Old
03-29-2013, 05:32 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Beat You View Post
Doubt it.

You are talking about a fan favorite that loves the market here and will be under contractual control for several more years.

Old
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
puck stoppa

Quote:
Straight up for someone like Malkin maybe

Old
03-29-2013, 07:19 PM
BigZ65

Quote:
We aren't discussing Evander Kane nor theoretical injuries but rather are discussing Jeff Skinner and that he has already suffered two real brain injuries at age 20. That reality suggests the potential future risks - red flag when considering trading for a player with that history.
Is there an elite hockey player Skinner's age who hasn't suffered a brain injury? Kane did miss time with a concussion last season. Seems to me it is just part of the game. If you red flagged every player who has had a concussion you'd have no one left.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:24 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 365
Quote:
No, can't see it happening. The price would have to be mighty high. My guess is much more than you would want to pay.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:33 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Doubt it.

You are talking about a fan favorite that loves the market here and will be under contractual control for several more years.
Other fan favorites with years before UFA status have been mentioned in all sorts of trade talk.

Not that I think Bogo is going anywhere. Just saying.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:37 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
Other fan favorites with years before UFA status have been mentioned in all sorts of trade talk.
The poster asked if any of us thought that player would be available for the right price. I'd consider that player to probably be on the team's list of untouchables and as a result my own answer was "doubt it". Your own mileage apparently varies; cool.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:45 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
The poster asked if any of us thought that player would be available for the right price. I'd consider that player to probably be on the team's list of untouchables and as a result my own answer was "doubt it". Your own mileage apparently varies; cool.
I doubt it too.

Just don't see the "fan favorite" or "contractual control" as reasons not to move a player.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:53 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

Quote:
I doubt it too.

Just don't see the "fan favorite" or "contractual control" as reasons not to move a player.
In real life I don't imagine a GM worries too much about a player being a "fan favorite" but in my experience on a fan forum it's a pretty big deal

Old
03-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
I doubt it too.

Really? Player status in the market and years left under team control are both factors that GMs consider when making trades.

Old
03-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
In real life I don't imagine a GM worries too much about a player being a "fan favorite" but in my experience on a fan forum it's a pretty big deal
Yeah, I'd bet it wasn't at all under consideration when Gretzky and Iginla were traded for example.

It likely isn't an easy choice to trade a popular player, but it is often surely done regardless. I'd bet other trades also haven't been made for the same reasons though.

In fact, according to Spector on Sportsnet yesterday, Calgary management wanted to trade Iginla two years ago but the owners wouldn't agree to do it at that time because of his standing in the market.

Huh.

Last edited by Gump Hasek: 03-29-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old
03-29-2013, 08:07 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

Quote:
Yeah, I'd bet it wasn't at all under consideration when Gretzky and Iginla were traded for example.

It likely isn't an easy choice to trade a popular player, but it is often surely done regardless. I'd bet other trades also haven't been made for the same reasons though.

In fact, according to Spector on Sportsnet yesterday, Calgary management wanted to trade Iginla two years ago but the owners wouldn't agree to do it at that time because of his standing in the market.

Huh.
I think we pretty much agree on this issue. I just can't see under what circumstances Chevy would consider trading Bogo other than for a similarly talented young defenseman. Or maybe a young #1 Center. When if ever has a trade like that happened?

Even then I'm pretty sure Chipman loves the fact that Bogo seems to really like being a Jet and living in Winnipeg and I'm sure that carries some weight with him.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:40 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
Fan favorites like Burmi and Kane have been subject to all sorts of trade speculation. Forums are a strange strange place.

Old
03-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Forums are a strange strange place.
Agreed - with that part anyway.

Old
03-29-2013, 11:00 PM
JetsTrueNorth

Quote:
NOT A CHANCE!

Byfuglien would be moved long before Bogo. Our "D" will be built around Bogo, Trouba and Enstrom. Unless Buff decides to play forward, there's no way he'll play out his current contract as a Jet (3 more seasons)

Old
03-30-2013, 01:25 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsTrueNorth View Post
NOT A CHANCE!

Byfuglien would be moved long before Bogo. Our "D" will be built around Bogo, Trouba and Enstrom. Unless Buff decides to play forward, there's no way he'll play out his current contract as a Jet (3 more seasons)
What does playing forward have to do with anything?

For the vast majority of time he's been great this year.

Plus he is WAY better at D than at forward.

Old
03-30-2013, 06:57 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
NOT A CHANCE!

well if you say so....

Old
03-30-2013, 08:41 AM
fatschoonerrat

Quote:
NOT A CHANCE!

Right, cuz

Enstrom-Buff
Bogo-Trouba
anyone-anyone

sounds like a terrible idea. And I hear Buff and Enstrom hate playing with each other.

Old
03-30-2013, 09:12 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

If we wait until the last hour of the trade deadline we might something really good, for anyone if we are trading them.

Old
03-31-2013, 01:35 AM
GoldenJet89

the only way buff gets moved is say next year IF trouba were to be lighting it up. cause we would have a pretty solid top 5 then.

thats when maybe we consider moving him. cause he would definitely bring back a great combination of assets... probably a first plus a top 6 forward or top 4 dman.

but until then, hes way to valuable to move. the only offers id listen to THIS season would be if it involved a star forward under contract, or a top 4 draft pick this year

Old
03-31-2013, 02:28 AM
jiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenJet89 View Post
the only way buff gets moved is say next year IF trouba were to be lighting it up. cause we would have a pretty solid top 5 then.

thats when maybe we consider moving him. cause he would definitely bring back a great combination of assets... probably a first plus a top 6 forward or top 4 dman.

but until then, hes way to valuable to move. the only offers id listen to THIS season would be if it involved a star forward under contract, or a top 4 draft pick this year
Way to valuable to move? He does many good things offensively but he makes way too many other mistakes that offset his good things. His lack of conditioning is a joke. When he falls on the ice he can barely get up. I trust Chevy and the Jets management know what they are doing and I am not sure this is the right time to trade Buff, but I am sure Buff will be traded this off season. You hear Noel say that the players must do the right things all the time. This has to go for everyone not nineteen guys. I am sure Chevy, Noel and Co know they will never win with Buff. I would like to see him traded to the Leafs for Gardiner and Kadri/Frattin/Van Riemsdyk or some package including those players.

Old
03-31-2013, 02:50 AM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiho View Post
Way to valuable to move? He does many good things offensively but he makes way too many other mistakes that offset his good things. His lack of conditioning is a joke. When he falls on the ice he can barely get up. I trust Chevy and the Jets management know what they are doing and I am not sure this is the right time to trade Buff, but I am sure Buff will be traded this off season. You hear Noel say that the players must do the right things all the time. This has to go for everyone not nineteen guys. I am sure Chevy, Noel and Co know they will never win with Buff. I would like to see him traded to the Leafs for Gardiner and Kadri/Frattin/Van Riemsdyk or some package including those players.
If he's as bad as you say why is any team giving up anything of value for him?

Closed Thread