HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Closed Thread

Old
04-01-2013, 02:12 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
There was a segment on HNIC where a coach (can't remember who exactly) was running through film with a player. The clip showed the player laying a hit on someone on the side boards. It wasn't necessarily a bad play; nothing bad came out of it. But the thing is the opposing player was already separated from the puck. The coach pulled the player in and told him to take the puck first. 'You come to the boards and you think 'hit' first. Put the puck was there for you to take. If the opportunity is there to take the puck, take the puck. You don't always have to throw the hit.'
I think your referring to a segment of that show about the Habs, 24CH. They showed a clip on HNIC. It was Therien in discussion with Subban.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:31 PM
leer2006

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
I totally agree,as a fan I love the good stuff Buff does out there but the bad stuff out weighs the good stuff.You can not build a structured game around a out of shape player like Buff.If there is interest in Buff and the return fills some of the big holes in our line up I think you have to move him while his value is still there.i think Buffs weight is his biggest challenge when he won the cup he was way lighter allowing him to be more effective,the majority of mistakes he makes out there are due to being tired,I say you ask him to commit to himself and the organization by coming into camp in real good shape and if he doesn't then you look at moving him.
I don't think it's really that Buff is out of shape as much as it is that he just plays to many minutes. Buff should never be leading our d-core in minutes on the ice. His body type can just not play hard for that long. Cut his shift lengths down and manage his ice time to arround 18-20 minutes instead of 25 minutes and Buff will be a much better player.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
I think your referring to a segment of that show about the Habs, 24CH. They showed a clip on HNIC. It was Therien in discussion with Subban.
Yeah that was exactly it, thanks.

Old
04-01-2013, 02:44 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by leer2006 View Post
I don't think it's really that Buff is out of shape as much as it is that he just plays to many minutes. Buff should never be leading our d-core in minutes on the ice. His body type can just not play hard for that long. Cut his shift lengths down and manage his ice time to arround 18-20 minutes instead of 25 minutes and Buff will be a much better player.
You really don't have to cut his mins down to below 20. It's more when he's putting in around 25 every night that it starts to show. He could play 22 a night be perfectly fine. But those extra couple of minutes seem to wear on him when they build up over the season.

Enstrom and Bogo can both play heavy heavy minutes. If they're playing well they should eat up minutes. But Bogo hasn't looked that great lately unfortunately.

I actually just took a look at Buff's TOI for each game over the course of the season and lately he's been kept around 22-24 a night but looking back through the season he's played heavy heavy minutes. We just don't need to wear him out.

Last edited by BigTuna49: 04-01-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: lol
Old
04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Gil Fisher

Bogo and Toby are about the only two D we have that haven't played togther - and they should be our top pairing. They could play nearly 30mins. Let Buff and Ron settle into 20 mins per game as the second pairing.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:08 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
gary lawless ‏@garylawless 4m

Told Ron Hainsey not being shopped but #nhljets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff is willing to listen to offers. Alex Burmistrov keeps popping up #bn
Interesting

Old
04-01-2013, 03:12 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Interesting
I had a feeling about that when it comes to Hainsey. Was thinking that might be the reason we hadn't heard anything.

The Burmi thing is intriguing... Teams might be thinking this is a good chance to buy low on a kid that could be a 2nd liner soon.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

I am fine with keeping or trading Burmistrov. I've felt for the last month he'll be dealt though, as many have. We'll see.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:30 PM
bazaaa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke49 View Post
I had a feeling about that when it comes to Hainsey. Was thinking that might be the reason we hadn't heard anything.

The Burmi thing is intriguing... Teams might be thinking this is a good chance to buy low on a kid that could be a 2nd liner soon.
GMs see we aren't using him, so want to buy low, I think we'd regret it.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
GMs see we aren't using him, so want to buy low, I think we'd regret it.
That could be a big reason why his name keeps popping up bazaaa. I hope Chevy won't sell him low here. I doubt he will, for whatever reason(s) I feel pretty confident in Chevy protecting our assets.

It'll be an interesting next couple of days.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:45 PM
Huffer

I don't necessarily want to trade Burmistrov, but if the right deal came along that makes us better (I guess that's the point of all trades).

How about one of the Jackets 1st round picks? More? (Considering Burmi was drafted 7th himself).

Old
04-01-2013, 03:50 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
I'd hate to trade Burmi but as stated above if the right deal came along, possibly a young scoring RW with top 6 potential I'd probably bite. The Jets seemed to to well without Burmi in the lineup for that 4 game stretch and I just don't see him fitting the TNSE mold of north/south with size.

Old
04-01-2013, 03:56 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Guy who writes for a lot of T.O blogs said he wants Burmistrov bad and was wondering on Jet fans views of Bozak+

hahah I said how bout Kadri for Hainsey

Old
04-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1200
Did they sign Lowry yet?

Old
04-01-2013, 04:13 PM
broinwhyteridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Did they sign Lowry yet?
LOL @ the avatar.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:16 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Guy who writes for a lot of T.O blogs said he wants Burmistrov bad and was wondering on Jet fans views of Bozak+

hahah I said how bout Kadri for Hainsey
Looks like you don't need any intelligence to write for a T.O blog.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Fisher View Post
Bogo and Toby are about the only two D we have that haven't played togther - and they should be our top pairing. They could play nearly 30mins. Let Buff and Ron settle into 20 mins per game as the second pairing.
Except those two pairs have played together historically... and ended up TERRIBAD.

Tobi-Bogo has never seemed to fit in the many seasons together (including last season)
Ron-Buff is a natural disaster

Why not? I'm not sure... probably due to chemistry.
Then add in the fact that Noel likes to push his pairs into opposite zones (one in d-zone and one in o-zone), so specialization improves the end results
Then add in the fact that Bogosian has been really outspoken about preferring to be with Ron and Enstrom likewise with Byfuglien.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Detroit's GM said they were looking for a 4th line center; perfect fit.

Anything above a collection of old newspaper clippings in return will represent a win on this end; addition via subtraction.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:28 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Did they sign Lowry yet?
If I'm not mistaken, if a prospect signs an ELC after March 1st doesn't it automatically revert to June or July 1st? Then he'd have to sign an ATO to play in the AHL.

I could be completely wrong. Calling Holden?

Old
04-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, if a prospect signs an ELC after March 1st doesn't it automatically revert to June or July 1st? Then he'd have to sign an ATO to play in the AHL.

That is the correct process IIRC.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Jet Bomber
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
LOL @ the avatar.
Great avatar. I know that girl too, pretty good friends with her

Old
04-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:

It's not automatic, but many teams do that to save a year on ELC. It is not necessary for junior aged prospects like Jacob Trouba or Adam Lowry.

If it was automatic you couldn't play prospects in NHL signed late in the season then could you?

Old
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
It's not automatic, but many teams do that to save a year on ELC. It is not necessary for junior aged prospects like Jacob Trouba or Adam Lowry.

If it was automatic you couldn't play prospects in NHL signed late in the season then could you?
Thanks for the clarification.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:36 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
It may seem like a dumb question, but there's lots of bad information out there.

In signing one of those "june 1st" contracts, management essentially ties their own hands on purpose.

Old
04-01-2013, 04:44 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

Apparently we were in the running for Handzus, but he had an NMC and Chicago had the better offer. Lawless and others are reporting.

Closed Thread