HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 05:59 PM
jetkarma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
My previous comment was just me hating on Button.

However, I am just not a fan of Stewart either. Has the wheels and strength, but just doesn't do enough, IMO. He is frustrating player that never seems be quite physical enough, never seems to be involved in the game like you would like. IDK, just something about him makes me hesitate on that guy.
Honestly I have not watched him enough to truly form a good opinion of him. What I do know and see is he would be someone I would delve into if he was available. It comes down to paying for what you get basically , and he has positives as you mentioned , is he an underperformer? maybe.

So for the right price? Yeah I'm interested , but again I don't know him well enough to put a price tag on him.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:12 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I don't know if the JETS have the necessary piece (s) to acquire Stewart. I would think they're going to want a forward in return. Doubtful that Hainsey, a UFA to be would get Stewart unless they have soured on him which doesn't seem to be the case. He's currently a big part of their team Apparently they're also looking at Kulemin and Toronto does have defensemen to spare.

Meh, not really high on Stewart so not winning the Stewart sweepstakes doesn't really bother me.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Ulf Hullberg

There is no doubt Stewart has a few flaws in his game, but he is still young, and the kid is a 20+ goal scorer with size.

A top 6 RW spot on the Jets is wide open right now, and this guy would fill it nicely.

I'd love to see Scheifele between Kane & Stewart next year.

Old
03-14-2013, 06:30 PM
ahplk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries56 View Post
Stewart's talent analysis from back when he first made it to the league:

I always thought Stewart was a shoot first kinda guy. I'm not sure how he would work on Kane's line, you would need one heck of a playmaker between them to help cycle the puck.
I think Stewart could fit in if we had a true #1 C, giving us two solid offensive lines.

Kane (Shoot 1st) - #1C - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Stewart (Shoot 1st)

Old
03-14-2013, 06:41 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Stewart might be more realistic in the offseason, if St. Louis has to make some budgetary decisions on players who are RFA. That said, if available, there will be quite a few teams interested. Seems like a player the Penguins would roll the dice on.

Don't see them shipping him out if they are heading into the playoffs. A more likely candidate for the JETS from the Blues at the deadline might be Matt D'Agostini.

Old
03-14-2013, 08:54 PM
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Lawless confirms Detroit and Philadelphia have shown interest in Byfuglien.

03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
No **** Dick Tracy. Thank you Lawless for confirming that, but givin how big buff has been playing they'd have to trade us enough pieces to make this team a cup contender to get him out of here.

The two teams that lost their number 1 Defensmen are after Buff. Go figure. I bet their interested in a lot of other defensmen too.

That's directed at Lawless, not you Guerz.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:41 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
No **** Dick Tracy. Thank you Lawless for confirming that, but givin how big buff has been playing they'd have to trade us enough pieces to make this team a cup contender to get him out of here.

The two teams that lost their number 1 Defensmen are after Buff. Go figure. I bet their interested in a lot of other defensmen too.

That's directed at Lawless, not you Guerz.
To be fair you can't blame Lawless for confirming the rumor. He didn't say it was breaking news , and personally while I severely doubt there is any interest to move him from Winnipeg's end , I do like to know teams have actually asked.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:48 PM
JetsHomer

Buff is so good right now. Top 10 Dman in the league.

Old
03-14-2013, 10:51 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Buff is so good right now. Top 10 Dman in the league.
The facy that he can do that with Clitty is BOSS!

Old
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
The facy that he can do that with Clitty is BOSS!
Clitsome makes several poor plays/decisions each game , sure all players make errors but a fair portion of his are avoidable imo. Add Meech to the D corp and you have to be impressed we are on this roll , Hainsey would be tough to lose through FA .

Sure Chevy is on top of things , but that situation is pretty key to this organization .

Old
03-14-2013, 11:01 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Probably the same way I'm interested in a Maserati.

What outside of the obvious non-starters (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Giroux) would they offer that would entice us to deal him?

Old
03-14-2013, 11:04 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post

What outside of the obvious non-starters (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Giroux) would they offer that would entice us to deal him?
Get your point , but Philly and Detroit are kind of like guys that can buy Maserati's , they have eff you money . Just would they use it for that?

Last edited by jetkarma: 03-15-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Old
03-14-2013, 11:05 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:

Exactly. Detroit and Philadelphia have probably called about Buff and Chevy told them that it would cost an arm and a leg to get them. Why would we deal Buff right now? Won't happen...

Old
03-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetkarma View Post
Get your point , but Philly and Detroit are kind of like guy guys that can buy Maserati's , they have eff you money . Just would they use it for that?
Having money doesn't mean you can rip teams off in trades.

Voracek, Simmonds, Franzen and Brunner are the names that come to mind for the possible return, and those really just seem like lateral moves at best for both teams.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:18 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
So if we keep this up we gotta be buyers at the trade deadline right? what is our biggest need at the deadline??

Old
03-14-2013, 11:22 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Clitsome makes several poor plays/decisions each game , sure all players make errors but a fair portion of his are avoidable imo. Add Meech to the D corp and you have to be impressed we are on this roll , Hainsey would be tough to lose through FA .

Sure Chevy is on top of things , but that situation is pretty key to this organization .
The big question is, has Buff carried Clitty to the point that he is a ttradeable asset. Somebody is going to have to move on. We all assume it is Hainsey, could it be Clitsome.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:24 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
So if we keep this up we gotta be buyers at the trade deadline right? what is our biggest need at the deadline??
Healthy D-core and on top of his game Pavelec

Old
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
My guess is nothing.

Tey to make it with wgat you've got.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:27 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'd rank it:

1) C
2) RW
3) defensive depth

I don't know that we're buyers in the truest sense, where we'll by giving up 2nd or 3rd round draft picks for pending UFAs. Could be wrong though.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
I'd rank it:

1) C
2) RW
3) defensive depth

I don't know that we're buyers in the truest sense, where we'll by giving up 2nd or 3rd round draft picks for pending UFAs. Could be wrong though.
Agreed. IMO, we should ride what we have. We don't need to buy, but we should not sell. Let's let this group ride it out, see what we have. IMO.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Agreed. IMO, we should ride what we have. We don't need to buy, but we should not sell. Let's let this group ride it out, see what we have. IMO.
Yeah, I'm at the point where I really don't want to see Antropov or Hainsey dealt for picks. Wellwood, Miettinen and Clitsome, fine. If you can get any kind of value for them, have at it.

Postma is a bit of an interesting wildcard, mind you I don't imagine his trade value is particularly high at the moment.

Old
03-14-2013, 11:41 PM
jetkarma

Quote:
Having money doesn't mean you can rip teams off in trades.

Voracek, Simmonds, Franzen and Brunner are the names that come to mind for the possible return, and those really just seem like lateral moves at best for both teams.
Never intimated they would rip Wpg. off in trade. They may WANT to do that , but Chevy isn't Mike Milbury . The point was , they have the assets to spend , just will they or do they want to spend what it would take , ie overpayment.

Have no concerns about Chevy being approached.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:26 AM
almostawake

Quote:

I think the Flyers have an awful lot of young NHL proven guys that Cheveldayoff would be more than happy to talk trade on. The Schenns, Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier, etc.

Holmgren also has a record of being aggressive to get the guy he wants. Now on the other hand, it is pretty rare that he loses a big trade so I'm not certain how I'd feel trading with him.

Detroit has far less young NHL proven talent but they have a lot of close to NHL ready prospects. Their fans are sky high on most of them, and I don't really believe them, but at the same time some of them are probably quite good and I'm sure Cheveldayoff has them thoroughly scouted and has carefully evaluated each one.

Old
03-15-2013, 10:42 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Never intimated they would rip Wpg. off in trade. They may WANT to do that , but Chevy isn't Mike Milbury . The point was , they have the assets to spend , just will they or do they want to spend what it would take , ie overpayment.

Have no concerns about Chevy being approached.
My bad, misinterpreted your quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
I think the Flyers have an awful lot of young NHL proven guys that Cheveldayoff would be more than happy to talk trade on. The Schenns, Simmonds, Voracek, Couturier, etc.

Holmgren also has a record of being aggressive to get the guy he wants. Now on the other hand, it is pretty rare that he loses a big trade so I'm not certain how I'd feel trading with him.

Detroit has far less young NHL proven talent but they have a lot of close to NHL ready prospects. Their fans are sky high on most of them, and I don't really believe them, but at the same time some of them are probably quite good and I'm sure Cheveldayoff has them thoroughly scouted and has carefully evaluated each one.
I'm not dealing Buff if the main piece coming back is either one of Voracek or Simmonds, and I'm pretty sure the Flyers aren't either. It's a lateral move that really accomplishes nothing for either team. If the main pieces are either one of the Schenn brothers or Couturier then it's even more pointless.

Same can be said for Detroit. Of course Nyquist and Smith brimming with potential, so why would Detroit entertain dealing them? And conversely, why would we dump a proven entity for players that may or may not live up to that potential.

If this sounds like I'm pouring cold water on this trade talk, you're absolutely right.

Closed Thread