HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

AHL Attendance

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Chartrand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
Newsday had a picture of the empty seats in Hartford for a playoff game.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...-rangers-print

THE FANS — all 2,023 of them — were few and far between for the Wolf Pack’s playoff opener.

It's like that everywhere. Chicago only drew about 3000 I think.

Old
04-22-2005, 04:34 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
I think he's refering to the fact that the Kings are in the top 5, top 10?, in average attendance each year.
The Kings are usually in the mid-range for attendance, although it has been upward trending. They were 11th in 2003-04, 12th for 2002-03, 16th in 2001-02, and 17th in 2000-01.

Edit: They were 8th in percentage for 2003-04 but that was the only year they were in the top ten for the last four years.

Last edited by Sam: 04-22-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old
04-22-2005, 05:46 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm
You are?

Im at every kings game.... and i didnt know we are? I know we are great when the games a huge.... ie..... Ducks .... Wings.... Av's....... but the other games dont draw the crazed fans =P

Old
04-23-2005, 10:30 AM
eafiii

Yeah, Attendance in Milwaukee is low

I have season tickets to the Admirals, and I'm always amazed that more people don't come watch. Tickets are all $15 and $12 and the still only draw acouple thousand for weeknights and maybe 5 thousand on the weekends.

And we're the defending Calder Cup champs with some really exciting players like Simon Gamache, Darren Haydar, Ryan Suter, Jordin Tootoo. I'm very dissappointed at the lack of support and interest for good pro hockey in a town the size of Milwaukee.

Fortunately, a new group of younger owners have bought the team and I think they look at it as an investment that should pay off, so they will invest in marketing. The old owner was an elderly mega millionairess, who really didn't know much about or enjoy hockey, she just owned the team as a civic charitable contribution to Milwaukee, and because her second husband was Lloyd Pettit, the old Blackhawks announcer. Nowe that they are both dead and the team is in younger hands, I hope more people show up, even if it means I have to give up my choice of good seats every night.

Closed Thread