HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs on Tradecentre Part 2 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 07:07 AM
TennisMenace

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Repeat after me: we do not trade Eller.
Anyone even thinking this should be sent to time out.

By the way, no to Gaborik. No to Clowe for Kristo. Give them a 2nd only and even that is generous.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:20 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
If he can't handle Torts, Montreal would chew Gaborik up and spit him out. He'd be in a fetal position before long.
Let's compare apples to apples. Therrien will ask for your best effort but he doesn't use the media to constantly attack, berate and unmotivated his players the way Torts does.

As I said, I doubt Gabs finds his way here but where ever he does go, I ca easily see him get back to firm. He's been the 6th leader scorer in the NHL for the last 5 or 6 years. The kids got game. Torts is over playing his hand and it shows with other star players that have given up on him.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:46 AM
bsl

Quote:
We do not trade Eller.

Old
03-17-2013, 07:57 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
You seem to be insinuating that both sides need to agree to trades. This is a confusing turn of events...
Hee Hee.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:01 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out East View Post
We do not trade Kristo.
We do not trade Kristo.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:41 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Do trade we eller not

Old
03-17-2013, 08:53 AM
schumway2

IMHO I wouldn't make any significant moves right now. The team seems to have a certain chemistry and I don't see a glaring hole that requires immediate patching. We're still in a transition period with this roster, and the picks and prospects we have will go a long way in replacing some of our rapidly aging players.

Old
03-17-2013, 08:58 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
we do not trade Eller.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Tyson

Watching the Bruin highlights while reading this thread makes me believe that we need a player who can answer the bell. I am not advocating this because I enjoy bully hockey, I am advocating this because you have to be able to play any style, much like the Habs team of the 70's or the Habs team that won the Cup in 86. I would love to land Kyle Clifford from LA.

Oh btw, this Bruins team and their fans are the most despicable I have ever seen. Damn I hate that team.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:16 AM
WhiskeySeven
BargainUnbinned

vCash: 300
Nos non negotiarentur vocavit homo Eller

Old
03-17-2013, 09:19 AM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I will first say that I have always liked Eller and have really been happy he has, this year, been given the chance to play with talent and been given good ice-time, Eller hasnt disappointed. To get quality you usually have to give up quality. The Blues appear to be open at moving Chris Stewart. Apparently they are looking for either a two-way forward and a top 4 d-man. If Diaz wasnt out he might be of interest to the Blues, but he is out. I really do like Eller, I see him as a solid, big two way forward who could probably get us 20-25 goals and 50 or so points, who also hits, with us rolling 3 lines. There is talk of us trying for Clowe, who really looks like he may be in decline and is UFA at seasons end. Stewart is more the kind of guy I see MB interested in since he certainly can be part of and contributing to this team for years ( hes RFA at seasons end and getting $3M now). So, do you pull the trigger on Eller for Stewart and why or why not ?
I wouldn't trade Eller for Stewart because Eller gives us something that we've lacked for years a big two way centre that can play. Taking him away from centre opens up a huge hole, as much as I love Galchy he isn't ready and doesn't bring the physical aspect that Eller does. Losing Eller now would affect this team the same way losing Lang affected that 2008-2009 team. We just can't do it. Centre is too important of a position.

Blues are said to be looking for defensemen anyway. If they want a physical two way forward back then Bourque might interest them. He's signed to a reasonable contract for the next three years and is as inconsistent as Stewart can be.

But the last thing we should be doing is opening up holes on this team.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Schwang

I admit I'm very impressed with Ellers play this year. He shows some flashes of brilliance. That being said, he has got to learn how to finish. Three goals with his level of talent is pathetic.

Old
03-17-2013, 09:30 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
I admit I'm very impressed with Ellers play this year. He shows some flashes of brilliance. That being said, he has got to learn how to finish. Three goals with his level of talent is pathetic.
This I agree. He also need to use his line mates better, but he has been better...much better.

Old
03-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Habsterix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
We do not trade Eller.
Quote:
We do not trade Kristo.
Repeat after me: Give us your best players but we'll only offer you scrap in return.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Bullsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Repeat after me: Give us your best players but we'll only offer you scrap in return.
Trading Eller would affect the current chemistry of the team. Much as I'm against trading away prospects for short term gain, trading a Kristo would be a very different thing.

Old
03-17-2013, 11:20 AM
vokiel
#FireBergerrien

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsmith View Post
Trading Eller would affect the current chemistry of the team. Much as I'm against trading away prospects for short term gain, trading a Kristo would be a very different thing.
Trading either of them only makes sense if the return is worth it. And NO ffs.. Clowe isn't worth it (to answer the fixation in this thread...)

I'd do Moen for Clowe or Armstrong for Clowe and if that's not enough than go with the next target.

Old
03-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Garrioch says we might have interest in Robin Regehr from Buffalo, and that Gionta might be dealt this summer. He also reported we might inquire about Clowe and Perry.

Regehr, for the right price, is fine with me. It looks more than likely we'll be in the playoffs. And he could really help us at this point. We need a checking/crease clearing body out there.

Old
03-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Why the **** would flyers trade one of their the top young fowards for an unproven D prospect who has never played an NHL game, and say, a bad pick? How does this help them next year or year after?

The proposals her boggle my mind sometimes.
Wasn't my proposal. Someone else was saying that was too much to give up

I was just saying I would do it in a heartbeat.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:20 PM
rockjngo

These days you trade a player because of these 3 things.

1. There's something wrong with the player. He's not scoring when he's suppose to ala Erik Cole.
2. To improve the team now and in the long term. Rivet for Gorges and Pacioretty.
3. Salary dump.

Old
03-17-2013, 02:25 PM
BrimStone64

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE View Post
Garrioch says we might have interest in Robin Regehr from Buffalo, and that Gionta might be dealt this summer. He also reported we might inquire about Clowe and Perry.

Regehr, for the right price, is fine with me. It looks more than likely we'll be in the playoffs. And he could really help us at this point. We need a checking/crease clearing body out there.
By time we give up something for Regehr he may not mean any points to us than if Tinordi had those minutes

Old
03-17-2013, 02:29 PM
radicalcenter

Renaud Lavoie keeps mentionning Ladislav Smid when asked about what player the Habs should try to get. I don't know if he just has a man crush on him or if there's some rumors going on. Is there anyone who's heard anything about that?

Old
03-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Dada

Lavoie said that we could forget about Perry in MTL this summer, $@&$****

Old
03-17-2013, 03:47 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
Lavoie said that we could forget about Perry in MTL this summer, $@&$****
Did he specify summer? I thought he meant that forget about trading for Perry this season.

Old
03-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Ice Poutine
I like thoup-Lindros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwang View Post
I admit I'm very impressed with Ellers play this year. He shows some flashes of brilliance. That being said, he has got to learn how to finish. ...
He's Danish, not Finnish...

Old
03-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Did he specify summer? I thought he meant that forget about trading for Perry this season.
My bad, he did not specify this summer, he just said forget about him. Like forever

Closed Thread