HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Q All-Star Team

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2013, 03:49 PM
  #1
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Q All-Star Team

The regular season is done, so let's form an all-star team of the best players from this season ...

Copied from the Maritimes board ...

Rules are, you pick 12F and 6D (honorable mentions if you so desire) and stick to the CHL rules, 2 Euros, 3 OA.

Interesting to see what happens. Go!

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
  #2
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Drouin - MacKinnon - Jaskin
Trainor - Currie - Duffy
Andrighetto - Danault - Ashley
Dea - Paquette - Mantha

HM - Miceli, Clapperton ... With the rules, we're kind of ignoring Lavoie, O'Brien, Zlobin and Frk who had great seasons, but there's no room for ...

Gagné - Oligny
Brouillard - Weegar
Noreau - Ouellet

HM - Racine, Gelina, Culkin ... Brisebois, Konrad, and Narbonne are all great too, but don't get in over Gagne who had a great season.

Auger
Marcoux

I love Auger. Could be the best in league, and faces a big workload everynight ... Fucale and Bibeau almost get in too.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 04:08 PM
  #3
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Marcoux
Bibeau

Ouellet Brisebois
Culkin Weeger
Brouillard Racine

Drouin MacKinnon Jaskin
Duffy Grigorenko Currie
Mantha Danault Trainor
Beauviller Paquette Hudon

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 08:10 PM
  #4
TheDinosaur
Registered User
 
TheDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
I think the whole Acidie-Bathurst Titan should be the Q all-star team for having to put up with such a ****** organization.

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 09:21 PM
  #5
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Andrews View Post
I think the whole Acidie-Bathurst Titan should be the Q all-star team for having to put up with such a ****** organization.
Don't you want to be on there though? You had a career season!! Oh, congrats on being drafted by Nashville

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2013, 06:00 PM
  #6
TheDinosaur
Registered User
 
TheDinosaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Don't you want to be on there though? You had a career season!! Oh, congrats on being drafted by Nashville
NO thank you. Thank you, I'll be making the most of it

TheDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 04:45 PM
  #7
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
http://theqmjhl.ca/article/the-golde...ttable-evening

1st All-Star Team

G – Zachary Fucale (Halifax Mooseheads)
D – Kevin Gagné (Rimouski Océanic/Saint John Sea Dogs)
D – Xavier Ouellet (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada)
C – Josh Currie (Prince-Edouard-Island Rocket)
LW – Jonathan Drouin (Halifax Mooseheads)
RW – Dmitrij Jaskin (Moncton Wildcats)


2nd All-Star Team

G – Étienne Marcoux (Blainville-Boisbriand Armada)
D – Mathieu Brisebois (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies)
D – Konrad Abeltshauser (Halifax Mooseheads)
C – Nathan MacKinnon (Halifax Mooseheads)
LW – Peter Trainor (Rimouski Océanic)
RW – Anthony Mantha (Val-d’Or Foreurs)


Rookie All-Star Team

G – Philippe Desrosiers (Rimouski Océanic)
D – Jan Kostalek (Rimouski Océanic)
D – Mackenzie Weegar (Halifax Mooseheads)
C – Frédérik Gauthier (Rimouski Océanic)
LW – Ivan Barbashev (Moncton Wildcats)
RW – Valentin Zykov (Baie-Comeau Drakkar)

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:00 PM
  #8
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Sucks when the all-rookie team is all 17+

There were a few 16 year olds who did really well this season but because their numbers weren't sexy they don't get the recognition.

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:07 PM
  #9
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
Sucks when the all-rookie team is all 17+

There were a few 16 year olds who did really well this season but because their numbers weren't sexy they don't get the recognition.
Agreed. I think i'm going to make my own All-Star team of '96 players.. I'll post it when i'm done.

EDIT:

G - Julio Billia (Chicoutimi)
D - Julien Bahl (Blainville-Boisbriand)
D - Carl Neill (Sherbrooke)
RW - Conor Garland (Moncton)
LW - Joey Ratelle (Drumondville)
C - Daniel Audette (Sherbrooke)


Last edited by Kurdt Kobain: 04-04-2013 at 05:28 PM.
Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:40 PM
  #10
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Agreed. I think i'm going to make my own All-Star team of '96 players.. I'll post it when i'm done.

EDIT:

G - Julio Billia (Chicoutimi)
D - Julien Bahl (Blainville-Boisbriand)
D - Carl Neill (Sherbrooke)
RW - Conor Garland (Moncton)
LW - Joey Ratelle (Drumondville)
C - Daniel Audette (Sherbrooke)
That's how I see it if I had to choose..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 05:41 PM
  #11
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Ben Duffy won the scoring race and wasn't even named to the second "all-star" team

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
  #12
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Agreed. I think i'm going to make my own All-Star team of '96 players.. I'll post it when i'm done.

EDIT:

G - Julio Billia (Chicoutimi)
D - Julien Bahl (Blainville-Boisbriand)
D - Carl Neill (Sherbrooke)
RW - Conor Garland (Moncton)
LW - Joey Ratelle (Drumondville)
C - Daniel Audette (Sherbrooke)
Pépin is far and away the best '96 in the league, far and away. Phyically and skill wise.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 08:16 PM
  #13
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 View Post
Pépin is far and away the best '96 in the league, far and away. Phyically and skill wise.
Yeah, center was the most difficult to figure out because of Pepin... and while Audette's +/- is horrifying, he was on one of the worst teams in the league and managed to post 1pt less in 10 fewer games.

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:14 PM
  #14
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Well done Q league. Top scorer not on the all-star teams.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 10:17 PM
  #15
Hockey Buff
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 188
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Yeah, center was the most difficult to figure out because of Pepin... and while Audette's +/- is horrifying, he was on one of the worst teams in the league and managed to post 1pt less in 10 fewer games.
2 very good players with different styles. I haven't checked yet but I am sure Audette has more PP points....while Duffy and Currie were taking up most of the PEI PP minutes. They will be big parts of their respective teams next season.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2013, 11:29 PM
  #16
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
2 very good players with different styles. I haven't checked yet but I am sure Audette has more PP points....while Duffy and Currie were taking up most of the PEI PP minutes. They will be big parts of their respective teams next season.
You're right, Audette had 12PP/pts (3g 9a) and Pepin had 9PP/pts (5g 4a).

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 10:19 AM
  #17
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Well done Q league. Top scorer not on the all-star teams.
He's from Sackville and speaks english..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:26 PM
  #18
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
He's from Sackville and speaks english..
Gross...

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 03:35 PM
  #19
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Gross...
The gross ones are in Lower Sackville, example James Sheppard

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:12 PM
  #20
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
The gross ones are in Lower Sackville, example James Sheppard
Best 9th ovr pick EVAR!!!1!11!

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 04:58 PM
  #21
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
Best 9th ovr pick EVAR!!!1!11!
There's worse, much worse

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 05:21 PM
  #22
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994
 
Kurdt Kobain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: nova sGOATia
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,304
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
There's worse, much worse
I won't disagree with that. He's certainly one of the worst in the last 10 years though.

Kurdt Kobain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2013, 11:21 PM
  #23
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
ATV accident had a lot to do with his career too... Still, hasn't panned out to nearly the player he could have been.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 07:15 AM
  #24
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
ATV accident had a lot to do with his career too... Still, hasn't panned out to nearly the player he could have been.
They ruined him when they took him up a year early. He had another year of QMJHL hockey available to him, likely an appearance at the U20s, instead he played 3rd line minutes with Minnesota and never regained his confidence, before or after the ATV accident. His career will always be followed with a "what could have been"

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2013, 10:19 AM
  #25
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
They ruined him when they took him up a year early. He had another year of QMJHL hockey available to him, likely an appearance at the U20s, instead he played 3rd line minutes with Minnesota and never regained his confidence, before or after the ATV accident. His career will always be followed with a "what could have been"
I agree with that. He was one or two years away minimal when drafted. Minnesota should be charged for killing his career.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.