HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Morrow to the Bruins?

Old
03-12-2013, 11:17 AM
JesusNPucks

vCash: 500
Morrow to the Bruins?

SportsDayDFW Link

I know it has been talked about generally on the boards before, but perhaps this makes the speculation a little more official.

What does everyone think? Could Morrow be headed to the Bruins? And, what would it take?

JesusNPucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:25 AM
8BostonRocker24

Yes please.
I think Morrow is worth a fair amount but it sounds like Dallas management and fans are ready to ship him out of town for a bag of pucks.

I'm sure his value is somewhere in between.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:31 AM
Prongo
Beer

Not too long ago the Bruins had three scouts at the Dallas game. I think it was last week some time. My initial thought was they were looking at Morrow. It makes a lot of sense. The Bruins are looking for another scoring forward, and he fits the mold of Bruins hockey I think.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:36 AM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

vCash: 50
Been saying it for a while.

Makes a lot of sense. He is the type of player the Bruins would pick up and plug on the 3rd line for production and leadership.

Seems like a great idea.

Wonder if Caron and a pick would get it done?

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:40 AM
Oates2Neely

I havent watched much of Morrow the past 2 seasons, where is his game at these days?

I wouldnt give up too much for Morrow, while solid, he doesn't exactly look like the missing ingredient on the Bruins 3rd line.

I'm more intrigued by Jagr..

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

Id take Morrow for sure if he was available at a reasonable price. I doubt anyone considers him a 'impact' addition to their team. I think he is going to be viewed as a third liner.

His value will fall somewhere between a guy like Paul Gausted whom Nashville intended to resign and Dominek Moore who is usually never intended to be someone a team resigns.

So more then a second rounder... less then a middle of the pack first rounder.

Jordon Caron and a second? A first that will be in the final 5 of the first round? Ryan Spooner?

Maybe expand the deal if Dallas is looking to move Robidas and his contract too. Boston might be a little uncomfortable with their current options for their 4th dman behind Chara/Seidenberg/Boychuck. Hamilton might be a year away from being the answer.

A first and Spooner for Robidais and Morrow then just try to deal Robidais after the year to recover a prospect/pick that could replace Spooner in our depth chart down the line...

its not the perfect trade for Boston and maybe we should look elsewhere, but if this was the deal that went down... id live with it

Alberta_OReilly_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Kelly got hurt last night and is out for a while, no estimated time until his leg stops swelling.. Doesn't look awful, thank God, but it might speed up a trade. Most of us Boston fans are very interested in Morrow.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:19 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
A first and Spooner for Robidais and Morrow then just try to deal Robidais after the year to recover a prospect/pick that could replace Spooner in our depth chart down the line...
I'd do that in a heart beat, but I don't think that Robidas is moving mid-season. He's someone I see getting shopped in the summer.

GM Joe only moves veterans when he feels he has younger options to replace them. Morrow for Caron makes sense because Caron is added to a group of wings that Dallas already feels comfortable playing: Reilly Smith, Roussel, Fraser, and Vincour. My guess is Caron would immediately go to Texas (AHL), but he provides positive depth right now without Morrow.

With Robidas, I want him moved. It's time for a fresh start for everyone involved. You could make a reasonable argument that Dallas would feel OK about trading Robidas right now, but not as well as the one you can for Morrow. I think GM Joe could potential view Philip Larsen as a replacement for Robidas. Then you'd have:

Dillon-Daley
Goligoski-Oleksiak
Rome/Benn-Larsen/Benn
Rome/Larsen/Benn

It's not something I'd say is impossible, but I would be very surprised to see Robidas moved during the season .... with Dallas points out of the playoffs.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:55 PM
TrillMike

Quote:

Sign me up. I'd be freaking stoked if it were to happen.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:02 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Id take Morrow for sure if he was available at a reasonable price. I doubt anyone considers him a 'impact' addition to their team. I think he is going to be viewed as a third liner.

His value will fall somewhere between a guy like Paul Gausted whom Nashville intended to resign and Dominek Moore who is usually never intended to be someone a team resigns.

Jordon Caron and a second? A first that will be in the final 5 of the first round? Ryan Spooner?

Maybe expand the deal if Dallas is looking to move Robidas and his contract too. Boston might be a little uncomfortable with their current options for their 4th dman behind Chara/Seidenberg/Boychuck. Hamilton might be a year away from being the answer.

its not the perfect trade for Boston and maybe we should look elsewhere, but if this was the deal that went down... id live with it
Too much. I'm thinking more of a second for Morrow. I'd love to see Morrow on the Bruins but am terrible at these proposals.

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

hell i'd give back a pick for spooner. morrow & a 3rd for spooner.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:

I don't think Spooner is going anywhere.

03-12-2013, 01:58 PM
PlayMakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
I'd do that in a heart beat, but I don't think that Robidas is moving mid-season. He's someone I see getting shopped in the summer.

GM Joe only moves veterans when he feels he has younger options to replace them. Morrow for Caron makes sense because Caron is added to a group of wings that Dallas already feels comfortable playing: Reilly Smith, Roussel, Fraser, and Vincour. My guess is Caron would immediately go to Texas (AHL), but he provides positive depth right now without Morrow.
Morrow for Caron makes a ton of sense and if I were a betting man, that's where I'd put my money for the B's and deadline day.

PlayMakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:59 PM
8thRoundPick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
Morrow for Caron makes a ton of sense and if I were a betting man, that's where I'd put my money for the B's and deadline day.
Almost makes too much sense. I have a feeling a pick would be going to Dallas as well, maybe a 3rd or a 4th;

Morrow

for

Caron
3rd

8thRoundPick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
TMLFC
Registered abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
That is about as good as you can get for the Bruins.

Spooner has looked really good. But these pieces are the expandable ones that land you cups. Solid offer.

TMLFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:02 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
I don't think it would be that simple. Spooner isn't one of the best prospects out there or anything, but he's one of Boston's best. He's also continuing to play at a high level as a pro. He's not a guy that gets moved IMO for throw away assets. A 3rd is just kinda meh ... and you can get Morrow for much less than Spooner. He's the type of a guy that goes in a deal for a final piece to push a team over the edge. That's now Morrow. Brenden is a nice compliment who elevates his game when the pressure is on (Olympics, playoffs). Sure that's a nice asset ... it's just not a top prospect asset IMO.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ladd View Post
The only thing I'd add is I don't see this as a deadline deal. Dallas needs to move fast probably.

With Whitney healthy, and Benn only on the mend for what should be a game or two, Dallas will either have to bench Morrow or send a promising young player to the minors.

GM Joe sees more interested in sticking with the young assets so now that the team is close to healthy ... a move should come quickly.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:45 PM
Oates2Neely

What would Dallas want for Jagr (assuming they're out of a playoff spot come April)?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:01 PM
batmansuncle

vCash: 620
If its for Caron or a pick, then why would Dallas be scouting Boston? I'd be happy with Caron, but wonder if its for someone else. Or maybe they're just scouting for the fun of it

batmansuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmansuncle View Post
If its for Caron or a pick, then why would Dallas be scouting Boston? I'd be happy with Caron, but wonder if its for someone else. Or maybe they're just scouting for the fun of it
Just because they've probably focused in on someone doesn't mean they don't do their due diligence. I imagine they are looking at Spooner to see what they value him at and whether Boston would even entertain moving him.

Hell they may just want to verify that Caron is their guy vs say someone from Ottawa or Montreal instead of Boston. I would hope they'd go to all three and say give us your best offer we're moving him this week to see who bites. They absolutely should scout till the last minute, including their AHL club and junior prospects. You never know what you may get if you don't ask and who do you ask for if you haven't seen them.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:25 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thRoundPick View Post
Almost makes too much sense. I have a feeling a pick would be going to Dallas as well, maybe a 3rd or a 4th;

Morrow

for

Caron
3rd
IMO it'll be one for one.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:37 PM
Zdeno33Lucic*

Caron has been playing pretty decently, but i'd still do morrow for caron!

Lucic-Krejci-Horton
Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin
Morrow-kelly-peverley
Thornton-Campbell-Paille

Looks like a SCF team

Zdeno33Lucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
POPNDOUGH

I'm not ready to give up on Caron. He fits in well with the 3rd line, is a former 1st round pick, and is still improving at 22.

I'd rather give up some combination of picks/lesser prospects.

Apparently, Morrow is injured with a bad groin as well.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/2013/3/...-tomas-vincour

POPNDOUGH is offline   Reply With Quote