HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Ottawa - Bruins win 3 - 2!!! S/O

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 10:35 PM
  #276
JRull86
Registered User
 
JRull86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Abington
Country: United States
Posts: 15,134
vCash: 500
Had to listen on the radio tonight. Any video of this aforementioned shoot out move?

JRull86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:38 PM
  #277
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
After a slow start we really turned on the jets and played well...great win

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
  #278
Rookie Chargers
Registered User
 
Rookie Chargers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Quebec
Country: Azores
Posts: 7,750
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbah4 View Post
Saw this on twitter from Haggs. Claude Julien termed Chris Neil hit on Chris Kelly as "accidental" and didn't think it merited a penalty: "It happened right in front of me"
NHL have warned teams about to the media most likely.

Neil went down later so it could be pay back for the Bruins.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:39 PM
  #279
SupremefartMachine
Registered User
 
SupremefartMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Clowe to Boston, it's happening now.

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:41 PM
  #280
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Every goalie gets beat on those shots. Show me the numbers that say he sucks high glove or high blocker.

What is his SvPct on those shots?
How does that compare to around the league?

I won't hold my breath waiting for these numbers either like all of the blueline shots he has let in this year.
You said you weren't holding your breath for me to illustrate how he was beaten glove side from 40 feet on shots he saw all the way. I gave you two examples from one game.

There was an example tonight. You're saying it was an unstoppable shot. I'm saying a goalie w/ an elite glove stops that. Or, at the least has his glove in the ballpark. We disagree. Get over it.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:42 PM
  #281
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
Didn't Neil hit someone from behind over this pass weekend ?

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:43 PM
  #282
howaryuh
Registered User
 
howaryuh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
Clowe to Boston, it's happening now.
Say what?

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
  #283
SupremefartMachine
Registered User
 
SupremefartMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howaryuh View Post
Say what?
Kelly injured

Trade for Clowe

Can be done for a 2nd/3rd pick.

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:47 PM
  #284
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 9,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Best you can expect on a breakaway is 50/50. Certainly not going to eat his lunch over a breakaway that shouldn't have happened.

We were spoiled w/ TT. But what did his detractors say? 5-hole. What did he do? He closed it. Then no one had any clue where to go on him. Tuukka needs to do the same. Right now that's difference between Tuukka being elite, and very, very good.
I agree with you, but I think he would benefit by being more aggressive. Sometimes I feel he makes himself too small in these situations. Breakaway goals are rarely the goalies fault,

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:48 PM
  #285
mashmont
Registered User
 
mashmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Country: United States
Posts: 662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
Kelly injured

Trade for Clowe

Can be done for a 2nd/3rd pick.

Or call up Spoons.

mashmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:49 PM
  #286
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 20,860
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremefartMachine View Post
Kelly injured

Trade for Clowe

Can be done for a 2nd/3rd pick.
They don't know the extent of the injury yet.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:50 PM
  #287
Bruin4Life
Registered User
 
Bruin4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,079
vCash: 500
Peverly to center. Caron and Bourque will be his wingers.

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:51 PM
  #288
neelyforpresident
Registered User
 
neelyforpresident's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Washington
Country: United States
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Peverly to center. Caron and Bourque will be his wingers.
That is a terrible line.

neelyforpresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:51 PM
  #289
SupremefartMachine
Registered User
 
SupremefartMachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 2,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupahSeguin View Post
Or call up Spoons.
I wouldn't be surprised if Chia went with the trade as opposed to calling a player up.

SupremefartMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:52 PM
  #290
finchster
Registered User
 
finchster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Moscow
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 9,614
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Peverly to center. Caron and Bourque will be his wingers.
Your avatar cracks me up to this day

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:54 PM
  #291
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 24,581
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Peverly to center. Caron and Bourque will be his wingers.
This line will be even worse than when Kelly was healthy and playing with Bourque.

Bourque experiment is done IMO, if they are going to pull somebody up from Providence it should be somebody else given the opportunity.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:55 PM
  #292
sjaustin77
Registered User
 
sjaustin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
You said you weren't holding your breath for me to illustrate how he was beaten glove side from 40 feet on shots he saw all the way. I gave you two examples from one game.

There was an example tonight. You're saying it was an unstoppable shot. I'm saying a goalie w/ an elite glove stops that. Or, at the least has his glove in the ballpark. We disagree. Get over it.
You are wrong. He was screened on Pacioretty's shot and it was the only one from that game. Markov didn't score at all in that game. So no you haven't given me any examples. You haven't given me any stats that show he needs to work on this area.

Tonight's shot was also tipped, it wasn't a clean shot. I also never said it was unstoppable so I'll wait for you to show me where I said that too. Now that I have seen that it was tipped I will say that it was unstoppable and no goalie stops that shot. He is an elite goalie.

We do disagree. You are wrong on every shot you have used to show he is bad high glove. Get over it.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:56 PM
  #293
Open Ice
Registered User
 
Open Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Valley
Posts: 924
vCash: 500
A few notable all time stats related things from tonight's game:

1.) Chara played his 500th game for the Bruins. Tomorrow night he'll be in a tie with Brad Park for 17th all-time for Bruins' defensemen.

2.) Chara's assist tonight puts him in a tie for 7th all-time in assists for Bruins' defensemen. He needs 20 more to tie Glen Wesley for fifth. The assist also gave him 294 points for the B's. He needs 8 more points to tie Dallas Smith for 5th all time in points for B's defensemen. Fourteen more points and he'll pass Glen Wesley for 4th all time in points for B's defenseman. After that, it's exclusive company as it'll be awhile before he goes any higher points-wise. He has a decent shot at 417 and Brad Park, but it'll be a couple years at least one would think. It's interesting to consider that already, Chara will statistically be in the top five Bruins defenseman of all-time.

2.) Krejci played game number 400 for the Bruins which places him 14th all time for Bruins centers. If he plays every game the rest of the way, he'll finish at number 10 all time.

Points-wise, he has 17th place all to himself for Bruins centers all-time. He needs a measly 9 more to tie Mr. Marc Savard for 16th all time. If he can grab another 15 points this season he'll take Fleming Mackell's position at 15 all time for B's centers. In terms of points overall Krejci is 41st all time and is four points away from his 300th career point. He's poised to move a good six or seven spots up the ladder by the end of the season should all go smoothly.

3.) Tuukka's win tonight was his 60th for the B's. No movement up the all time stat sheet on which he currently sits 14th in wins all time. 8 more wins, though, and knocks Don Simmons out of the 13th spot. Should be his no prob. If things go winningly next year, Tuukka will be in the top 10 all time for Bruins' goalies in wins.

4.) And, of course, Claude Julien tied Mr. Schmidt for 2nd all time in wins for Bruins coaches. If this reign of winning carries on and he can grab 30-40 wins a season over the next, say, 3 years, he has a shot at the top spot which is 361. That would be really cool to see.

Stats certainly don't prove the whole measure of the player, but it's pretty cool to watch the way our current B's players are impacting the organizational record books. Still probably WAAAAAY more info than you wanted to know!!!!

Open Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 10:58 PM
  #294
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the overrated View Post
The line (as a cumulative trio) might be "awful" for 4 games, but IMHO that's because Horton has been invisible. Krejci, as an individual, is on a 4 game point streak - it's daft to say that he's been "awful". Lucic had a gamer going before being kept off the score sheet tonight (admittedly, all assists), so it's tough to say that he's been "awful". Meanwhile, Bergeron is pointless in 3 of his past 4 ... yet he's the one that's not playing "awful".

It just slays me to see people talk about how "streaky" and "awful" a guy that's on a 4 game point streak and has points in 7 of his last 9 games. If only the whole team could be so "awful".
Stats don't really tell the story , over. They got points last game on the PP. Game before that DK got hit w/a puck before someone put it in. I said 5 on 5, they aren't doing much. It would be one thing if they were generating chances (which Bergy's line is). I expect them to do more than dump it in, bat it around the boards a few times, then go to the bench. Worse, buried in their zone. You're preaching to the choir on Lucic. I expect his linemates to do more when he overpowers 2 guys for a puck. He spends his entire shift on the perimeter getting them the puck, and the best they can do it bat it back into a corner. That line should be dominating, at least physically. DK, ok, I don't expect that. Horton? Craig Janney could knock him over right now.

Tired of arguing. LKH line is playing to expectations w/ the 3rd line ******** the bed, and now down a center. Tuukka has the best glove since Patrick Roy.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:00 PM
  #295
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 8,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
Peverly to center. Caron and Bourque will be his wingers.
Please, no more Bourque. That ship has sailed....to the Port of Providence.

Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:03 PM
  #296
Shaun
Registered User
 
Shaun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,771
vCash: 500
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  #297
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Ice View Post
A few notable all time stats related things from tonight's game:

1.) Chara played his 500th game for the Bruins. Tomorrow night he'll be in a tie with Brad Park for 17th all-time for Bruins' defensemen.

2.) Chara's assist tonight puts him in a tie for 7th all-time in assists for Bruins' defensemen. He needs 20 more to tie Glen Wesley for fifth. The assist also gave him 294 points for the B's. He needs 8 more points to tie Dallas Smith for 5th all time in points for B's defensemen. Fourteen more points and he'll pass Glen Wesley for 4th all time in points for B's defenseman. After that, it's exclusive company as it'll be awhile before he goes any higher points-wise. He has a decent shot at 417 and Brad Park, but it'll be a couple years at least one would think. It's interesting to consider that already, Chara will statistically be in the top five Bruins defenseman of all-time.

2.) Krejci played game number 400 for the Bruins which places him 14th all time for Bruins centers. If he plays every game the rest of the way, he'll finish at number 10 all time.

Points-wise, he has 17th place all to himself for Bruins centers all-time. He needs a measly 9 more to tie Mr. Marc Savard for 16th all time. If he can grab another 15 points this season he'll take Fleming Mackell's position at 15 all time for B's centers. In terms of points overall Krejci is 41st all time and is four points away from his 300th career point. He's poised to move a good six or seven spots up the ladder by the end of the season should all go smoothly.

3.) Tuukka's win tonight was his 60th for the B's. No movement up the all time stat sheet on which he currently sits 14th in wins all time. 8 more wins, though, and knocks Don Simmons out of the 13th spot. Should be his no prob. If things go winningly next year, Tuukka will be in the top 10 all time for Bruins' goalies in wins.

4.) And, of course, Claude Julien tied Mr. Schmidt for 2nd all time in wins for Bruins coaches. If this reign of winning carries on and he can grab 30-40 wins a season over the next, say, 3 years, he has a shot at the top spot which is 361. That would be really cool to see.

Stats certainly don't prove the whole measure of the player, but it's pretty cool to watch the way our current B's players are impacting the organizational record books. Still probably WAAAAAY more info than you wanted to know!!!!
Great info ! Thanks

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  #298
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
So a sprain?

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
  #299
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,242
vCash: 500
Have only read a few comments of some people mustering about Tuukka giviing up a few goals tonight...seriously people think about it...you go down 2-0 early on in the game and Rask shut the door after that came up huge in regulation and then in the shootout seals the deal. All you can possibly ask for from your goaltender..give your team a chance to win and battle until the final horn sounds...another spectacular performance from Tuukka Rask

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #300
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 18,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
i want no damage at all.Just sprain at most

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.