HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Bruins @ Ottawa - Bruins win 3 - 2!!! S/O

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  #301
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
So a sprain?

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:06 PM
  #302
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Have only read a few comments of some people mustering about Tuukka giviing up a few goals tonight...seriously people think about it...you go down 2-0 early on in the game and Rask shut the door after that came up huge in regulation and then in the shootout seals the deal. All you can possibly ask for from your goaltender..give your team a chance to win and battle until the final horn sounds...another spectacular performance from Tuukka Rask

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:08 PM
  #303
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
i want no damage at all.Just sprain at most

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:09 PM
  #304
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
So a sprain?
Let's hope so.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:10 PM
  #305
Alicat
Charge!
 
Alicat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: BOSTON
Country: United States
Posts: 20,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
Wahoo!

__________________
"I choose to focus on the things I CAN do and am passionate about." - Sam Berns

I am Boston Strong
6.15.11
4.15.13

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:14 PM
  #306
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
I hate to say it, but you are right , he has had alot of time to work on that Billy Buckner glove and has been slightly better up top on that side ......please tell me he will improve before the playoffs
We won because of Tuukka Rask...comment not directed towards you specifically but to others mustering about an irrelevant goal...there's no satisfying us Bruins fans eh? Oh well I'm happy

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:33 PM
  #307
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever
 
bobbyorr04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Is there REALLY Rask haters on your board? Really? Nah...can't believe it, people frustrating by a save or 2 he could have make but haters? This kid is a freakin gem, thanks to the Leafs who's your farm team....
It's funny in these forums. If you criticise a player for his performance in a game or two, some fans like to put a "label" on you by calling you a hater.

bobbyorr04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:37 PM
  #308
Altimus
Probably drunk
 
Altimus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,984
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
I am really sorry at how ugly the hitting got this game. I really hope you wont hold a grudge to our fan base how ugly it got. I honestly love Kelly as a player and was very concerned as to his well being. I hope he bounces back soon.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:38 PM
  #309
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Tonight's game is a testament to Bruins team as a whole...down 2-0 early on while on the road and battle back to win in a shootout...how much easier would it have been to mail it in and focus for tomorrow night's game...not this team...stubborn and will to win...any fan who complains about this personnel is clueless. There are some upgrades that could be made but we, unlike many other teams have no glaring holes to fill.

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
  #310
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose
 
Son of Marshmont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: West Meff
Country: United States
Posts: 7,912
vCash: 2038
McKenzie actually made a series of tweets about Cage's knee:

Quote:
Accurate prognosis on Kelly knee injury not possible til swelling is down but initial reports lean towards no significant structural damage.
Quote:
Now, take that FWIW, because a) things sometime change in 24 hours b) he could still be on the shelf for undetermined period of time.
Quote:
But good news for BOS, for now, is as bad as it looked when Kelly left, there's no initial/evident massive damage to knee. We'll see.
Mostly good, but knees are a funky thing. Swelling can hide damage that isn't found until later.

Also sounds like he's traveling to Pittsburgh with the team instead of coming back to Boston tonight.

Fingers crossed, but I'm not feeling relief quite yet. Hope I'm wrong.

Son of Marshmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:39 PM
  #311
bobbyorr04
Bruins fan 4ever
 
bobbyorr04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,216
vCash: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
Kelly was in a vulnerable position and Neil had to change directions to hit him knee on knee and moved his knee out. So, it's pretty easy to tell intent. If you could get into Neil's mind you'd probably only hear the Ocean, but he meant to do what he did.

bobbyorr04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:40 PM
  #312
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 17,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
I am really sorry at how ugly the hitting got this game. I really hope you wont hold a grudge to our fan base how ugly it got. I honestly love Kelly as a player and was very concerned as to his well being. I hope he bounces back soon.
Unless your forum is full of posters rooting for Bruins injuries, why would anyone hold a grudge?

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:41 PM
  #313
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus View Post
I am really sorry at how ugly the hitting got this game. I really hope you wont hold a grudge to our fan base how ugly it got. I honestly love Kelly as a player and was very concerned as to his well being. I hope he bounces back soon.
I personally enjoy the Senators games, always clean competitive hockey! I don't have a damn thing against you guys! good luck the rest of the way, you have a great team this year, (and don't kill the messenger but I think Lehner is better than Anderson)

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:42 PM
  #314
22Brad Park
Registered User
 
22Brad Park's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
McKenzie actually made a series of tweets about Cage's knee:







Mostly good, but knees are a funky thing. Swelling can hide damage that isn't found until later.

Also sounds like he's traveling to Pittsburgh with the team instead of coming back to Boston tonight.

Fingers crossed, but I'm not feeling relief quite yet. Hope I'm wrong.
Scary to lose a guy over a a dumb play like that.Neil really should have more respect for his friends.

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
  #315
jmiller010
Registered User
 
jmiller010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bolton Valley, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 4,604
vCash: 500
Some of you people need to lighten up as far as the shootout move.

Quit getting all worked up about inconsequential matters. If the guy wants to try that move he can? How is he showing off? So, you don't think he's attempting to win the game for his team? Let him try whatever he likes. Who are you people that take it upon yourselves to get pissed off at some guy you've likely never seen play before for trying something completely out of left field? I just can't even begin to fathom how it is something that can upset certain people in the way it does...just get over it. Yes, I'm rambling on.

Anyways, always nice to see a comeback. Pitt should be a quick game; will be tough given the back-to-back and travel. Would love to get at least a point.

jmiller010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:45 PM
  #316
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
You are wrong. He was screened on Pacioretty's shot and it was the only one from that game. Markov didn't score at all in that game. So no you haven't given me any examples. You haven't given me any stats that show he needs to work on this area.
If he were screened I wouldn't say a word, he wasn't. That was bad goal. The one off the faceoff was the Caps, sorry. Surely he was screened right off the faceoff, right? 2nd goal also roofed. They got another one in OT. So, bonus. Backstrom and AO were going high all night. Not a coincidence.

Quote:
Tonight's shot was also tipped, it wasn't a clean shot. I also never said it was unstoppable so I'll wait for you to show me where I said that too. Now that I have seen that it was tipped I will say that it was unstoppable and no goalie stops that shot. He is an elite goalie.
Looked like a rocket straight upstairs. Like he knew exactly where to put it on TR the second he got it. You know these guys scout goalies, right?

Quote:
You are wrong on every shot you have used to show he is bad high glove. Get over it.
Happens nearly once a game. In games where he's been genuinely bad, which have been very few, even more.

Anyway, love Tuukka. Thinks he's great and should obviously be signed. But, I'd like to see him at improve in that area. I totally disagree that it's a strength of his. That is all.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:46 PM
  #317
Lordstanley
Playoffs!
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
We won because of Tuukka Rask...comment not directed towards you specifically but to others mustering about an irrelevant goal...there's no satisfying us Bruins fans eh? Oh well I'm happy
Listen I think Rask is doing very good this year , and will still get better in the years to come. He has flaws like all goalies. I'll tell you how I really feel about him when the playoffs start how's those beans

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:46 PM
  #318
ChocolateLeclaire
Registered User
 
ChocolateLeclaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 500
Hey Bruins fans,

Great game out there tonight. Seguin is a beast. Just wanted to throw my two cents on the Neil hit. I know it looks bad and it's Chris Neil who has a history but you need to know that Kelly and Neil are very close friends. In fact, they spent the summer and the time after Kelly got back from Switzerland training together. If Neil is going to take out the knee of a guy, it's not going to be the knee of the guy who was at his kid's christening.

Like Julien says, it was an accident. Sucks about the end result because Ottawa still loves Kelly and seeing him down on the ice sucked.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:51 PM
  #319
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Some of you people need to lighten up as far as the shootout move.

Quit getting all worked up about inconsequential matters. If the guy wants to try that move he can? How is he showing off? So, you don't think he's attempting to win the game for his team? Let him try whatever he likes. Who are you people that take it upon yourselves to get pissed off at some guy you've likely never seen play before for trying something completely out of left field? I just can't even begin to fathom how it is something that can upset certain people in the way it does...just get over it. Yes, I'm rambling on.

Anyways, always nice to see a comeback. Pitt should be a quick game; will be tough given the back-to-back and travel. Would love to get at least a point.
Personally, when the ref pointed to the puck, and he just stood there, I was expecting full out youngblood spin-o-rama when he took the puck. Was kind of disappointed.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:52 PM
  #320
NastyNate17
Registered User
 
NastyNate17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fort Sam Houston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstanley View Post
Listen I think Rask is doing very good this year , and will still get better in the years to come. He has flaws like all goalies. I'll tell you how I really feel about him when the playoffs start how's those beans
He certainly has flaws, but when we were down 2-0 at the halfway point in the first period he didn't throw in the towel and quit on his team...people don't always necessarily appreciate this fact about Tuukka Rask, maybe he took a page out of Tim Thomas' playbook but the guy will not quit or accept defeat...he kept his cool tonight and kept his team in the game...he was great in the shootout and deserved a victory...did he let up a weak goal high glove side? yeah he did...more importantly how did he respond? I think people can figure that one out themselves

NastyNate17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2013, 11:58 PM
  #321
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Rumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,442
vCash: 500
The only thing I don't like about Rask is he has a tendency to let in early goals. Or is that just me? Seems like his first 2 or 3 shots always have me worried no matter where they are from. Once he gets past those he's as good as anybody in the league.

Is this just me? I think it happened quite often in the 2010 playoffs so maybe I have him stereotyped?

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:05 AM
  #322
Neely08
Registered User
 
Neely08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: North of Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 17,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Hey Bruins fans,

Great game out there tonight. Seguin is a beast. Just wanted to throw my two cents on the Neil hit. I know it looks bad and it's Chris Neil who has a history but you need to know that Kelly and Neil are very close friends. In fact, they spent the summer and the time after Kelly got back from Switzerland training together. If Neil is going to take out the knee of a guy, it's not going to be the knee of the guy who was at his kid's christening.

Like Julien says, it was an accident. Sucks about the end result because Ottawa still loves Kelly and seeing him down on the ice sucked.
That's nice. And, if Julien wants to give him the benefit of the doubt, that's his prerogative. By the way, Julien also defended Lucic when he ran over Ryan Miller. Said he had run over a coach in practice by accident. You know what? No one gave a flying carpet.

If Neil didn't do **** like this:



I'd easily believe it was an accident. But considering it was Neil, I find it a little hard to believe. For all we know Neil is pissed at Kelly for stealing his lindt chocolates, and fedexing his front teeth to Lucic. Only Neil knows why he skated into his friend's knee w/ his own leg planted. Either he meant to do it, or he's beyond borderline retarded and leaning towards extra-crispy.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:09 AM
  #323
Lordstanley
Playoffs!
 
Lordstanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Loge - 4 + Sec -316
Country: United States
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate17 View Post
He certainly has flaws, but when we were down 2-0 at the halfway point in the first period he didn't throw in the towel and quit on his team...people don't always necessarily appreciate this fact about Tuukka Rask, maybe he took a page out of Tim Thomas' playbook but the guy will not quit or accept defeat...he kept his cool tonight and kept his team in the game...he was great in the shootout and deserved a victory...did he let up a weak goal high glove side? yeah he did...more importantly how did he respond? I think people can figure that one out themselves
I think that's great that he didn't quit or give up early, that's a sign that the young goalie is learning and maturing with more games played each year. Hope this kid can bring us to the promised land again soon, if not we need to sign Timmy soon just kidding

Lordstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 12:23 AM
  #324
sjaustin77
Registered User
 
sjaustin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
If he were screened I wouldn't say a word, he wasn't. That was bad goal. The one off the faceoff was the Caps, sorry. Surely he was screened right off the faceoff, right? 2nd goal also roofed. They got another one in OT. So, bonus. Backstrom and AO were going high all night. Not a coincidence.


Looked like a rocket straight upstairs. Like he knew exactly where to put it on TR the second he got it. You know these guys scout goalies, right?


Happens nearly once a game. In games where he's been genuinely bad, which have been very few, even more.

Anyway, love Tuukka. Thinks he's great and should obviously be signed. But, I'd like to see him at improve in that area. I totally disagree that it's a strength of his. That is all.
Pacioretty - Wrong, go watch it again. Listen to the announcers. They accurately describe the play as a good screen shot. It also wasn't high glove. It only went half way up the net.

Caps game - The 2nd goal by Kundratek was both tipped by a Bruin forward, and a screen shot. If you are accurate that Backstrom and AO were going high all night that disproves your point because neither one scored on Rask at all, let alone high glove. If I were you I wouldn't point out that 2 of the best players in the league couldn't score on what you think is a weakness.

Fehr's OT goal is the only high glove unscreened shot so far of any that you have pointed out, and it was from halfway inside the slot. Rask was taking away the low ice as he should and it was a great shot.

Turris' shot was tipped. Go watch it again. Chara even said it was tipped in his post game interview. No I didn't know goalies are scouted, but thanks for letting me know. If Turris knew to put it high glove, then why did he go low blocker on the shootout shot? Why aren't all these guys going high glove and beating Rask in the shootout?

It doesn't happen even close to once a game. You are just wrong. Keep trying though if you want. Trust me you really don't want me to show you screenshots of these goals. They will prove you wrong.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:42 AM
  #325
west side beaner
Registered Bruins-er
 
west side beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 34
vCash: 500
phew, what a game. personally not a huge fan of shootouts in general, but we came away with two points so I'm happy,

NOT a fan of Daugavin's display, I just loved that Rask stayed with him, and Krejci just goes in and shows him how a real goal is scored...

west side beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.