HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 12

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2013, 10:59 AM
mopar40

vCash: 500
Quote:
Has anyone EVER been able to recover a pack that glitched out? I still have the confirmation emails of the purchase, just no cards to show for it. I submitted a thread on the EA forums and I have been in and out of waiting for chat support, it just takes forever. Is there hope for me?!?@!
I've had the same thing happen to me, where it crashed or just wouldn't load after comfirming I'd bought the pack. I had to restart, and when I'd reloaded it, it also prompted me that I had to open a pack.

My only concern though is just that I also bought the $20 pack (i know, i know..) and it crapped out on me as well. After spending an hour basically restarting, I was able to get back on to my HUT team a few times, but when I go into the store I wasn't prompted to open a pack. It also didn't let me buy packs though, so it's almost like the HUT game wasn't communicating with the PS Store, so I have no clue. Anyone else having the problem?

Old
03-16-2013, 11:00 AM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Second line C, Mike Richards or Kesler
Kesler for sure

Old
03-16-2013, 11:02 AM
Dyingfetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
Well made some major moves over the week and bought a few of the packs today and was rewarded well. Now lines are lookin like this.

SOTW Benn-SOTW Giroux-SOTW St. Louis
SOTW Nash-SOTW Lecavalier-SOTW Pavelski
SOTW Steen-Legend Gretzky-SOTW Voracek
SOTW Kunitz-SOTW Carter-SOTW Stewart

SOTW Phaneuf-SOTW Subban
SOTW Staal-SOTW McDonough
SOTW Erhoff-SOTW Shattenkirk

SOTW Bishop
Whoever
holy **** think about the ice tilt

Old
03-16-2013, 11:19 AM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyingfetus View Post
holy **** think about the ice tilt
Yeah seriously, you should dress a scrub 4th line to compensate for that ice tilt.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:22 PM
Ginger Jesus

Who do you guys think is the best player non SOTW? Also I don't mean best stats I mean the one that feels the best.

Old
03-16-2013, 12:34 PM
LemieuxFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by iiTzLaMia View Post
Who do you guys think is the best player non SOTW? Also I don't mean best stats I mean the one that feels the best.
I think it just comes down to personal preference if you like righties or lefties.

If you count Legends as non-SOTW, the Oilers Gretzky is a monster to use... despite his small frame he hangs onto the puck when he gets leaned on, and as expected has a very accurate shot and pass, agile skating... could be a little quicker but he isn't slow by any means.

Lemieux is big and hard to knock off the puck, can hit etc... a little slower than expected but he is a truck.

Regular players I've had success with are Crosby, Datsyuk, Malkin, Kovalchuk... if you're on a budget for real cheaper guys go for guys like Kesler,Toews, Sedins..

Old
03-16-2013, 12:47 PM
Ginger Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
I think it just comes down to personal preference if you like righties or lefties.

If you count Legends as non-SOTW, the Oilers Gretzky is a monster to use... despite his small frame he hangs onto the puck when he gets leaned on, and as expected has a very accurate shot and pass, agile skating... could be a little quicker but he isn't slow by any means.

Lemieux is big and hard to knock off the puck, can hit etc... a little slower than expected but he is a truck.

Regular players I've had success with are Crosby, Datsyuk, Malkin, Kovalchuk... if you're on a budget for real cheaper guys go for guys like Kesler,Toews, Sedins..
I have Kesler already. I don't care lefties or righties. After I sell my SOTW Subban I am hoping to get a Datsyuk, Toews, or Malkin not sure who to pick though. Don't want Gretzky because too many people already have him from the Stanley Cup edition. I also want current players so no legends.

Old
03-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Lower midrange players I picked up ultra cheap:
Olli Jokinen, James Reimer, Patrick Hornqvist, Derek Brassard, Michal HandzusX2, Karl Alzner.

Anybody in that list that I should be relisting instead of quick-selling? I got everyone listed there for 100 pucks, so I'd be profitting with a quick-sell but I have no idea if there's any market for any of these players ever, just bought them cause I saw them bidding for less than quick sell value.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:00 PM
PookDo

Had some weird thing happen this morning. Asked me to renew my annual Season Ticket subscription which I purchased in early September of last year

Old
03-16-2013, 02:32 PM
Ginger Jesus

Anyone want to trade for a SOTW Subban? Xbox.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:33 PM
nerdybeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar40 View Post
I've had the same thing happen to me, where it crashed or just wouldn't load after comfirming I'd bought the pack. I had to restart, and when I'd reloaded it, it also prompted me that I had to open a pack.

My only concern though is just that I also bought the $20 pack (i know, i know..) and it crapped out on me as well. After spending an hour basically restarting, I was able to get back on to my HUT team a few times, but when I go into the store I wasn't prompted to open a pack. It also didn't let me buy packs though, so it's almost like the HUT game wasn't communicating with the PS Store, so I have no clue. Anyone else having the problem?
OK so, update to my same experience from last night: buying one, opened fine. 2nd pack, didn't ever open.

I took another HFer's advice and went into my save data for NHL13 and NUKED IT ALL. I did have a GM mode 2 seasons in , but I hadn't played it in months. (Might try just your recent settings etc from the last few days, but I just nuked it all)

So after nuking all the settings and saved, I logged back into NHL 13. Everything looked like I just got the game obviously, but I went through all that, downloaded tuner set and roster updates, and logged into HUT. *Note: the first time I tried to log into the store it said updating store catalog for a couple minutes and I got impatient and quit the game and deleted setting again. Then when I logged back in again, went to the store THERE IT WAS!!!.

My pack said it was ready to open, and it was the bonus pack from this weekend. Of course, it blew ass.... but at least I got it and feel a little better. I should also note that before my roster on my main page of my fave team never really updated.. it was like the starting roster from opening day. Now it updates and has the current roster!

Don't even bother with the EA online chat....

Avneesh: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Avneesh how may I help you?
you: Hi there! I just purchased 2 of the new $19.99 packs from the NHL 13 HUT store. The first came through fine, and gave me some really nice cards. The 2nd however, stuck at PLEASE WAIT for over 20 minutes, so I quit the game. When I came back into HUT, it did not load the pack, instead went right to the game screen.
you: S3 gamertag: nerdybeat176 Time: 6:22PM (have confirmation emails)
you: PS3* gamertag: nerdybeat176 Time: 6:22PM (have confirmation emails)
Avneesh: I am sorry to hear that you got this problem
Avneesh: Before we proceed, may I have your first and last name to update our internal database?
you: Dominic Marsili
Avneesh: Thanks for the information, Dominic.
Avneesh: May I know when did you purchase these cards?
you: 3/15/13, 6:22PM PST
you: I bought 2 packs, $19.99 each. I got the first one, but the 2nd one never came.
Avneesh: It means you purchased the card today, right?.
you: Well, it was on Friday. It just turned Saturday here =)
Avneesh: You should wait for 24 to 48 hours to appear the card on HUT.
Avneesh: If problem persists then contact us back and we will forward your information to our HUT engineers.
you: Ok, thank you. However, I have had this issue before with a cheap pack a few weeks ago. I waited a few days, and it never came through. I am worried that will happen again, except this is a $19 pack.
Avneesh: Do not worry, we will escalate both issues if you get the same problem.
you: Ok. so if in 48 hours I do not see the cards, come in to chat again like this?
Avneesh: Yes, sure.
Avneesh: Thank you for contacting EA. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
you: Nope, thank you
info: Your chat transcript will be sent toXXX
Avneesh: If you need help with anything else, please feel free to contact us anytime!
Avneesh: Bye bye & take care!

Last edited by nerdybeard: 03-16-2013 at 02:42 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 02:34 PM
LemieuxFTW

my team so far

I need some help finishing off my team, these are my lines at the moment not finalized.

SOTW Stamkos 99 Crobsy Malkin
Kovalchuk Lemieux SOTW Jagr
Kurri 93 Gretzky SOTW Nash
SOTW Marleau SOTW Thornton SOTW Iginla

SOTW Martin SOTW Letang
SOTW Suter SOTW Gonchar
SOTW Orpik SOTW Boyle

SOTW Fleury
SOTW Brodeur

I'm looking for SOTW Chara, SOTW Weber, Ovi and maybe Datsyuk. I have an extra Lemieux and 93 Gretzky for trade along with about 440k pucks. PM me if you have any of these guys and are willing to trade.

Old
03-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
Yeah seriously, you should dress a scrub 4th line to compensate for that ice tilt.
I've tried dressing a crappy 4th line but outcomes are usually the same.

SOTW Bishop does great when I'm playing against another person. His size allows him to stop a lot of the cheesy goals most people score such as the breakaway backhand forehand deke that almost always scores.

EDIT: This is the stupid stuff I hate seeing. Star of the Week St. Louis being outsakted by an OHL player skating backwards.

Last edited by Bluesman91: 03-16-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdybeat View Post
THERE IT WAS!!!.
Glad I could help.

Looking for Mr Toews.

Depending if I'm able to sell any of these guys, Boumeester (X5), Zetterberg, Lucic, Filppula, and possibly SOTW Lecavalier available in return.

Old
03-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Grounded Star
HUT Rookie Sensation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman91 View Post
I've tried dressing a crappy 4th line but outcomes are usually the same.

SOTW Bishop does great when I'm playing against another person. His size allows him to stop a lot of the cheesy goals most people score such as the breakaway backhand forehand deke that almost always scores.

EDIT: This is the stupid stuff I hate seeing. Star of the Week St. Louis being outsakted by an OHL player skating backwards.

Makes me wonder how tired St. Louis was, but maybe i just don't believe in ice tilt cause my team isn't good enough to suffer it?

Nash - SOTW Vinny - Richards (needs Toews...)
Zetterberg - LAGretzky(free) - J Carter
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Lucic/Ponikarovsky - Stoll/Filppula - Hemsky/Langenbrunner/Kobasew

Chara - Doughty
Hamhuis - Myers (can anyone recommend a replacement for Hamhuis? TWD LD)
Bouwmeester - Burns

SOTW Bishop - 71Ovr backup

Old
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Shroomtastic71

They seriously just released a pack for $19.99/100k pucks? That's crazy. It's 26 players though.

Edit: Such a ****ing waste. The best I got in one pack was 2 85 players.

Old
03-16-2013, 04:40 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grounded Star View Post
Makes me wonder how tired St. Louis was, but maybe i just don't believe in ice tilt cause my team isn't good enough to suffer it?

Nash - SOTW Vinny - Richards (needs Toews...)
Zetterberg - LAGretzky(free) - J Carter
Hall - RNH - Eberle
Lucic/Ponikarovsky - Stoll/Filppula - Hemsky/Langenbrunner/Kobasew

Chara - Doughty
Hamhuis - Myers (can anyone recommend a replacement for Hamhuis? TWD LD)
Bouwmeester - Burns

SOTW Bishop - 71Ovr backup
St. Louis had fresh legs. I change lines every faceoff

Old
03-16-2013, 04:45 PM
Joel Ward
2nd round

Updated team is:

SOTW St.Louis (C) - SOTW Stamkos - SOTW Purcell
SOTW Zetterberg - Datsyuk - SOTW Tavares
SOTW Marleau - SOTW Thornton - SOTW Pavelski
Need a new 4th line.

SOTW Chara - SOTW Karlsson
SOTW Phaneuf - SOTW Letang
Bouwmeester - Myers

Rinne
SOTW Holtby

Thinking about getting SOTW Ott, SOTW Staal and SOTW Clarkson for my fourth line, anyone have some other suggestions? Looking for some good checking defensively sound players.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:01 PM
presidentCarter
Waterbury Open?

Been trying out randoms on the 4th line to see what works, and I definitely found a 4th line magician! Filppula at center has 4 goals & 3 assists in 5 games for me...playing on the 4TH LINE. Also insane on the PK, a very low-key guy I HIGHLY recommend him!

Old
03-16-2013, 05:11 PM
presidentCarter
Waterbury Open?

Btw, the price of position changes has become absurd. I need two C-RW's and the only ones on the market are upwards of 15k You've gotta be ******** to bite on one of those. Need another value/mega pack...

Old
03-16-2013, 05:21 PM
TheQuackAttack

First cut on the dark auction made. To submit a new offer, same deal. Private message, and put it on the card.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:43 PM
nerdybeard

My current lineup:

Kovalchuk / Zetterberg(C) / SOTW Brunner
Thornton(A) / SOTW Pavelski / Marleau
SOTW Oshie / Kesler / Nash
Booth / M. Richards / Carter

Phaneuf / Burns(A)
Keith / Myers
SOTW Suter / Green

Ward/Lehtonen

Not sure if I'm 100% set on it, only played a couple games. Might need a bigger body than Brunner with zetter and kovy on 1. Also may upgrade defense a bit.

Trade pile:
UT Marleau
Spezza
85k pucks

Old
03-16-2013, 05:47 PM
ChillX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
Xbox 360

SOTW Simmonds
SOTW Stewart
SOTW Kunitz
SOTW M. Staal
SOTW Vermette
SOTW Clutterbuck
SOTW Strome
SOTW Jagr (dallas) (gotta watch because the philly one isnt as good.
SOTW Orpik
Coach Samuels (sells for 75k it's +2 everything)

Looking to trade for a sotw Duchene, sotw Stasny, sotw Chara, sotw Myers, or sotw Byfuglien.
What do you want for Jagr?

Old
03-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Mav3rick07
PS4

vCash: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomtastic71 View Post
They seriously just released a pack for $19.99/100k pucks? That's crazy. It's 26 players though.

Edit: Such a ****ing waste. The best I got in one pack was 2 85 players.
Agreed. I got a bunch of 80's players, the best being Franzen and Anderson. Such a waste of 20 dollars. False advertisement, they make the pack sound like you're getting stamkos or something.

Old
03-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Mav3rick07
PS4

vCash: 83
How do you get stacked, high end players? By winning? Or by paying money? Or working the market.

I'm just wondering, I'm no n00b to NHL to say the least, been playing every year since 1999 and I'm about level 50 on my overall online rank. I just really want to improve my HUT.

Closed Thread