HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/12/13 "Is It Over Yet?" - Panthers vs Lightning

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 12:58 AM
Panthersfan1989

vCash: 500
Who comes up for versteeg? Howden maybe?

Old
03-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Which for ME, points to the conditioning of the players, not the coach.

I'm willing to give Dineen some leeway here. He's icing an AHL team to compete with NHL teams.
Completely agree. I have brought this up in other threads. Someone on the medical staff (or maybe the entire medical staff) needs to be fired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Can't outshoot a team 39-13 and lose. Just unacceptable.

And is it me or was that tripping call on gudbranson a really soft call?
Against awful goaltending. And this isn't the first time this has happened. We actually usually do outshoot opponents. It just shows we're not getting the quality scoring chances we need.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:03 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Completely agree. I have brought this up in other threads. Someone on the medical staff (or maybe the entire medical staff) needs to be fired.
I always wondered if trainer fires/hires make the media.

The fact that this team is riddled with injuries every.single.year has got to say something about our people. Way too many man games lost.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:10 AM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Markstrom deserves most of the blame for this loss tonight. That 3rd goal was brutal, I know Stamkos shot it but it was an impossible angle. Plus 3 goals against on 13 shots is not proving he's ready for 50+ games next year.

Frustrating loss as we dominated most of that game, I was really hoping Matthias could tie it up there. Another injury with Versteeg just rubs salt,glass, gas, metal, etc in an already gapping wound.

Night everyone!
First two goals were the defense.

Old
03-13-2013, 06:07 AM
RogerBR

Yes, defense problem.. Check Muller trying to get the goal front on first goal... awful.

Kid Line blanked.
Markstron Ok, but not outstanding as we need/expect
Matthias and Skille making it worth as latelly often
Shore toasted in a lot of draws
No PP goal
Awful passes
Awful goals, looks that our goals is always a matter of luck and never a pretty play.
Maybe Kovalev could cash some of that thousant SOG. we need experience.
Parros.. I like him, like to see him on ice but he have to make some plays too... Is clear that his linemates thinks twice before give him a pass... Also, has to hit more the other team bad guys, as that stupidy rookie yesterday. The hit was not that big but he has a history of penalties in AHL, for me, that´s enough.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:54 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

I can't stand the way Parros "lightens" up on his hits. Its like hes playing a pick up game. He should hit people the way Gudbrandson does in the corners. A team that is starving for physicality and he plays like that, I don't get it

Old
03-13-2013, 08:16 AM
ShootIt

Parros isn't a physical player. He's a Nice fighter that has a moustache.

I hope We can dump his contract to another team.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
Parros isn't a physical player. He's a Nice fighter that has a moustache.

I hope We can dump his contract to another team.
He isn't physical and does not have any skating abilities what so ever. I miss barch/bradley. Parros is a waste of space.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:49 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
If the Panthers want someone that can skate, isn't afraid to hit, and is willing to defend teammates...

He's wearing #15 in San Antonio.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:51 AM
RogerBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I can't stand the way Parros "lightens" up on his hits. Its like hes playing a pick up game. He should hit people the way Gudbrandson does in the corners. A team that is starving for physicality and he plays like that, I don't get it
Yes, as they do on All Star Game... so boring

Old
03-13-2013, 09:01 AM
billysbreakdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
If the Panthers want someone that can skate, isn't afraid to hit, and is willing to defend teammates...

He's wearing #15 in San Antonio.
Who would you compare Selleck's play to? Skille's?

Btw, how has Hamill played since coming to SA?

Old
03-13-2013, 09:13 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

We outshoot/ out chance/ outwork the opponent and lost.

Talented hard-workers beat the hard-workers.

Depressing environment for the kids. That's what we get for trying to patch up our mistakes over the years.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:19 AM
SeasonTicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
I always wondered if trainer fires/hires make the media.

The fact that this team is riddled with injuries every.single.year has got to say something about our people. Way too many man games lost.
Originally Posted by Benched

Since the players were locked out till January the trainers could not work with them. The players were on their own to make sure they were ready physically to play at this level if and when a season was to start. Just like every off season. Obviously some of them did not put in the time.

In Versteeg's case he was recovering from hip surgery. I believe he was able to work with the trainers and if you remember it was reported that he was working out at the Panthers training facility up till about November at which time it was determined he was fit to play. He was also paid up till that time. Not sure what he did to prepare himself for a possible season after November but he syre did not look in game ready shape when the season began.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:24 AM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
Who would you compare Selleck's play to? Skille's?

Btw, how has Hamill played since coming to SA?
I honestly don't know enough about Skille's game to compare the two.

Selleck is a surprisingly good skater. Plays at full speed the entire time he's on the ice and isn't afraid to go the corners/front of the net. Hands are iffy. His energy feeds the crowd and vice versa. Seen several instances where he is put on the ice to just hit people to try and shift momentum. He has also trained with professional boxers so he can certainly handle himself in that arena.

He's a very hard worker and should be rewarded, IMO.

Hamill is a very good AHL player. Not sure how well his game will translate to the NHL. Very gifted offensively and the best passer on the team. He's a good all-around player, playing on both the PP and the PK. Could surprise me, but I see him as a fill-in 3rd line center in the NHL and a #1 in the AHL.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:26 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post

Originally Posted by Benched

Since the players were locked out till January the trainers could not work with them. The players were on their own to make sure they were ready physically to play at this level if and when a season was to start. Just like every off season. Obviously some of them did not put in the time.

In Versteeg's case he was recovering from hip surgery. I believe he was able to work with the trainers and if you remember it was reported that he was working out at the Panthers training facility up till about November at which time it was determined he was fit to play. He was also paid up till that time. Not sure what he did to prepare himself for a possible season after November but he syre did not look in game ready shape when the season began.
Chilled at some local college near his home and coached / worked with the hockey team. Not exactly trying to prepare himself for the upcoming season.

If you're a professional hockey player and you don't know when you're going back to work.. Should you not be prepared to start at any given day? I don't understand why some guys thought they could just chill / relax / play shinny hockey and then wake up the next day and play game one of the season. We're never going to know who did what and how hard, etc but one thing is a growing fact. Versteeg is injury-prone.

Old
03-13-2013, 09:37 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

For the life of me I dont understand why with glorious chances our professional athlete players constantly keep firing pucks into the goalies chest? ISnt the point of this sport is to beat the goalie?

I swear its like talented players come here and all of a sudden they revert back to pee wee hockey. Is everyone on this team insane? They certainly are doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results?

Old
03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
For the life of me I dont understand why with glorious chances our professional athlete players constantly keep firing pucks into the goalies chest? ISnt the point of this sport is to beat the goalie?

I swear its like talented players come here and all of a sudden they revert back to pee wee hockey. Is everyone on this team insane? They certainly are doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results?
Besides Huby (19-year-old rookie mind you), we don't have skilled guys like St. Louis, Stamkos and x or St. Louis, Lecavalier and x or St. Louis, Stamkos and Lecavalier to go tic-tac-toe like its nothing. It's nothing to them because they're talented players who love to score and be creative. They also have the ability to score and be creative. So, ya.. It's a wake up call every time we play teams with elite talent like TB, PITT, etc. The only thing elite about the Panthers is the snack bar.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:21 AM
ursavolta

Quote:
I honestly don't know enough about Skille's game to compare the two.

Selleck is a surprisingly good skater. Plays at full speed the entire time he's on the ice and isn't afraid to go the corners/front of the net. Hands are iffy. His energy feeds the crowd and vice versa. Seen several instances where he is put on the ice to just hit people to try and shift momentum. He has also trained with professional boxers so he can certainly handle himself in that arena.

He's a very hard worker and should be rewarded, IMO.

Hamill is a very good AHL player. Not sure how well his game will translate to the NHL. Very gifted offensively and the best passer on the team. He's a good all-around player, playing on both the PP and the PK. Could surprise me, but I see him as a fill-in 3rd line center in the NHL and a #1 in the AHL.
I would not mind Selleck playing on the team, I think we need that spark plug to keep the passion and the game gritty. We currently have none. I would move santorelli back down to SA and bring up selleck..

but tank mode is engaged currently

Old
03-13-2013, 10:23 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

The power play looked silly last night any time kopescky wasn't on the ice screening the goalie. 2 Guys on the goal line playing keep away is purposeless.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:47 AM
slovakfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
The fact that we've given up almost 100 goals in 26 games has numbed me as a fan of this team. But, any team can win on any given night in this league so we'll see what happens.
boston is next

Old
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthersfan1989 View Post
Who comes up for versteeg? Howden maybe?
Probably not. Likely Rheault again, according to GR.

Quote:
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards
Haven't heard yet but I expect Jon Rheault to meet #FlaPanthers in Boston to take Kris Versteeg's slot (knee) ...#Bruins

At this point, why not Howden? Seriously.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:40 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Probably not. Likely Rheault again, according to GR.

Maybe because he's been outplayed? Aren't we all about accountability and earning a spot?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:44 PM
Benched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Maybe because he's been outplayed? Aren't we all about accountability and earning a spot?
Rheault got his shot and did next to nothing. Howden, Rallo, or Hamill should be the next in line. If Rheault earned his shot, they've all earned a shot.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:51 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Because over the last 2 weeks, Howden has been a disaster on the ice.

The kid is a skating turnover right now.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
Benched

Quote:
Because over the last 2 weeks, Howden has been a disaster on the ice.

The kid is a skating turnover right now.
Fair enough. I'd like to see someone else other than Rheault though. How has Hamill been? Rallo?

GR mentioned Howden on Twitter (and I think he tagged you in it). Probably doesn't follow the Rampage closely though.

Closed Thread