HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/12/13 "Is It Over Yet?" - Panthers vs Lightning

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 09:15 PM
ratmanfu

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
They're better without a goalie.

Was about to say the empty net had a better save % than Markstrom, but you beat me to it.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:16 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Whatever. This is getting dumb. Baseball can't come soon enough.

I'd expect to see Clemmer in net next game. Markstrom needs to sit back an watch a game (or two) from the bench. He needs to get his head into games better.

Old
TheEkbombIsReal
Paaaaaanthers

We are really cementing ourselves at that last spot. Not sure if I should be sad or happy.

Old
Vilam
#LetsChangeIt

Outshoot other team 39-13, lose game. Panthers hockey.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
CanadianPanther
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 1076
Markstrom deserves most of the blame for this loss tonight. That 3rd goal was brutal, I know Stamkos shot it but it was an impossible angle. Plus 3 goals against on 13 shots is not proving he's ready for 50+ games next year.

Frustrating loss as we dominated most of that game, I was really hoping Matthias could tie it up there. Another injury with Versteeg just rubs salt,glass, gas, metal, etc in an already gapping wound.

Night everyone!

Old
03-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Panthersfan1989
#CatsAreComing

We are soft. Half of our mediocre team is hurt. Tank it up.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:23 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post

Old
03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
Whatever. This is getting dumb. Baseball can't come soon enough.

I'd expect to see Clemmer in net next game. Markstrom needs to sit back an watch a game (or two) from the bench. He needs to get his head into games better.
Go Jays Go!

Just started my season with the Jays in MLB the Show. Swept the Indians to start the season!

Old
03-12-2013, 09:25 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post
Markstrom deserves most of the blame for this loss tonight. That 3rd goal was brutal, I know Stamkos shot it but it was an impossible angle. Plus 3 goals against on 13 shots is not proving he's ready for 50+ games next year.

Frustrating loss as we dominated most of that game, I was really hoping Matthias could tie it up there. Another injury with Versteeg just rubs salt,glass, gas, metal, etc in an already gapping wound.

Night everyone!
I agree. He didn't play well tonight. But you can't say this proves he isn't ready for 50+ games next season. Next season is next season. He should be learning from his mistakes. Plus I'd expect us to have some full health, thus a better lineup.

Too early to say that.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:28 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
We are really cementing ourselves at that last spot. Not sure if I should be sad or happy.
Sad, because OF COURSE the NHL changes the draft lottery this year where any team can win.

We can have 50 balls in that stupid basket and some other team will STILL get the 1st overall pick.

It's so ****ing sad but we all know that's EXACTLY what will happen.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:29 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Go Jays Go!

Just started my season with the Jays in MLB the Show. Swept the Indians to start the season!
Funny you say that, I was searching on Kijiji for PS3's for sale. Want to buy a MLb & nhL game. but with summer coming up that can wait, they will be cheaper next fall.

Just bought a Johnson, Lawrie, Bautista jersey from an overseas website (they were all sold out of Morrow). bought a blank grey too either putting Cabraera or bonifacio on it.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:30 PM
RainingRats

That last goal was on Markstrom but the other two he had no chance. Even though we controlled the game and dominated in shots the lightning had almost no major defensive breakdowns and our shots were pretty weak. Their goalie didn't have to make any big saves except for the Matthias breakaway.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
batting1k
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPanther View Post

Night everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherboyHTR View Post
I agree. He didn't play well tonight. But you can't say this proves he isn't ready for 50+ games next season. Next season is next season. He should be learning from his mistakes. Plus I'd expect us to have some full health, thus a better lineup.

Too early to say that.
I have to disagree. The defense on the first two goals were abysmal and they gave Markstrom no chance. The third goal was really tough and he almost had it, but that was a legitimate goal.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:32 PM
TheEkbombIsReal
Paaaaaanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanHuberdoh View Post
Sad, because OF COURSE the NHL changes the draft lottery this year where any team can win.

We can have 50 balls in that stupid basket and some other team will STILL get the 1st overall pick.

It's so ****ing sad but we all know that's EXACTLY what will happen.
True, but afaik we can't drop below #2 if we lose? Still pretty good.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:34 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
HFBoards Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
True, but afaik we can't drop below #2 if we lose? Still pretty good.
The saving grace, but I really want Mackinnon!

Old
03-12-2013, 09:40 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

Not sure why dineen is getting a free ride here we pinned deboer with similar excuses regarding lack of systems (Or w/e you want to call it ), slow starts, lack of physicality-Deboer dealt with same ****** lineup and tons of injuries.

Tonight was an excellent effort save for the first 2 minutes, but Im really starting to grow wary of seeing the same mistakes, the same lack of motivation defensively, and the same lack of will to win from our guys on a nightly basis.

Let me know when we can all jump aboard the bad coaching bandwagon to go along with injuries and lack of talent as well.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

TANK!!!! At least we're good at something.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Panthersfan1989
#CatsAreComing

Parros is useless. Guy doesn't even attempt to drop them. I was really high on dineen but I have lost hope in the guy. Not a very good motivator... This team doesn't hit and gets tossed around... Cheers to the future cause the present sucks.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:58 PM
IceManCat
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
Not sure why dineen is getting a free ride here we pinned deboer with similar excuses regarding lack of systems (Or w/e you want to call it ), slow starts, lack of physicality-Deboer dealt with same ****** lineup and tons of injuries.

Tonight was an excellent effort save for the first 2 minutes, but Im really starting to grow wary of seeing the same mistakes, the same lack of motivation defensively, and the same lack of will to win from our guys on a nightly basis.

Let me know when we can all jump aboard the bad coaching bandwagon to go along with injuries and lack of talent as well.
I don't remember any of his teams being injured to the point we that we are. The sunrise express line was for the most always together. The defensive core was always healthy for the most part also.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManCat View Post
I don't remember any of his teams being injured to the point we that we are. The sunrise express line was for the most always together. The defensive core was always healthy for the most part also.
Which for ME, points to the conditioning of the players, not the coach.

I'm willing to give Dineen some leeway here. He's icing an AHL team to compete with NHL teams.

Old
03-12-2013, 10:12 PM
Montsy14

Looking forward to a top 2 pick.

Tonight was a strange game. Neither of the first two goals can be put on Marky at all. Guy left wide open in the slot on first and poor coverage on the second one as well.

Probably the best effort as a team that we've put together in about 2 or 3 weeks. Team just doesn't have enough NHL level talent right now to take advantage of these opportunities. The injury situation is really unfortunate, but there isn't really much we can do about it.

It's nice seeing guys like Skille and Matthias step up. They are convincing me why they should be in a bottom 6 role next season and beyond.

I think maybe it's time to split up the kid line, or whatever they are called. I'd like to see this for next game:

Huberdeau - Goc - Flash
Skille - Matthias - Kopecky
Howden/Rheault - Shore - Mueller
Parros - Smithson - Santo

Old
03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Beezeral

Can't outshoot a team 39-13 and lose. Just unacceptable.

And is it me or was that tripping call on gudbranson a really soft call?

Old
03-12-2013, 10:47 PM
PBPantherfan
#draft is coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Can't outshoot a team 39-13 and lose. Just unacceptable.

And is it me or was that tripping call on gudbranson a really soft call?
The call looked a little weak but still why the F take that chance it was stupid play by Guds. This team has to be the softest team in the history of hockey. I don't think I've ever seen a team that won't hit as much as this team they get guys lined up and then lay off. For gods sake St Louis ran somebody over tonight. It is bad enough you have to watch this crap but to watch them get pushed around all over the ice is pathetic.

And for ****s sake could Shore or Mueller finish. Huberdeau would be running away with the Calder if those 2 could finish his passes. And words cannot express how much I hate Kuba he is ****ing useless.

Tank On

Old
03-13-2013, 12:38 AM
p9ers

Parros is a fuxking wimp. That hit on Versteeg might not have been dirty or intentionnal but he should still go after him. Make a statement once in a while. Between him and Kuba I don't know who's worst!

Old
03-13-2013, 12:50 AM
AaronEkbald

The title of this GDT says it all.

We keep this up and DT might be in a hell of a position on draft day:

MacKinnon or Jones

Jones is a great pick, but are we prepared to pass on a prospect like MacKinnon?

People have been taking about the kid since he was 14. Comparisons to Crosby. Saying he's got a gear most kids don't have. Physically mature. Loves to battle for the puck. Creates something out of nothing. Great hands. Great vision. Desire to get better every shift. Exceeded expectation at every level of hockey thus far. Single-handedly brought life to dead junior arena in Halifax. Speed like Bure. All these things were said by NHL scouts..

I like Jones and thought he was awesome during the WJC and gutsy the way he picked team USA to win it all. Kid is gonna be a stud. But, who is going to have a greater impact in the Florida Panthers' future?

No way we pass on Mac.

Last edited by AaronEkbald: 03-13-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Closed Thread