HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME #25 - "Kaput Except for the Tailspin" - Canucks @ Blue Jackets - 4:00 p.m., SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
03-12-2013, 01:47 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

vCash: 500
Win you mother ****ers

Or twitter becomes #FIREAV

Old
03-12-2013, 01:50 AM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Zombo puts more heart and effort into these threads than the Canucks have been putting out on the ice lately.
I put more heart and effort into cutting my toenails this morning than the Canucks have been putting out on the ice lately.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
03-12-2013, 01:54 AM
casualkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombotron View Post
I'm Jannik Hansen.
Haha can you sign my 40th anniversary Hansen jersey then?

Should I even PVR the game? I'm going to watch the Winterhawks thrash the Royals instead of watching us flounder on the powerplay and give the puck away in front of our net. Hopefully we pull out of the "Tale Spin" and turn our season around though

Old
03-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Hammer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Classless One View Post
I remember Ducktales and Chip n' Dales Rescue Rangers. And Ghostbusters, TMNT, Scooby Doo was my favourite. Still catch them on the teletoon retro.
I don't think they did enough episodes of Tailspin to make it into syndication, which is probably why you haven't seen it on Teletoon Retro. It only lasted one season.

Ducktales was the best of the bunch from Disney though. It's too bad that we didn't see much from Donald, due to Disney not wanting to overuse him in a Saturday morning cartoon, and because he was hard to understand. Scrooge carried that show though IMO.

There was also Goof Troop, with Goofy and his son, but I thought it was weak. Tailspin was alright, it had Baloo from Jungle Book and Kit Cloudkicker was a bear version of Mowgli the man child. Shere Khan was in it too as a cut-throat corporate CEO. Basically it was Jungle Book, set in the Pacific islands in the 1930's with the protagonists running a delivery service via Baloo's airplane. Good for nostalgia factor, but it didn't approach the level of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers or DuckTales.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:57 AM
keslerburrows

For **** sakes please win BIG

Old
03-12-2013, 02:08 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer79 View Post
I don't think they did enough episodes of Tailspin to make it into syndication, which is probably why you haven't seen it on Teletoon Retro. It only lasted one season.

Ducktales was the best of the bunch from Disney though. It's too bad that we didn't see much from Donald, due to Disney not wanting to overuse him in a Saturday morning cartoon, and because he was hard to understand. Scrooge carried that show though IMO.

There was also Goof Troop, with Goofy and his son, but I thought it was weak. Tailspin was alright, it had Baloo from Jungle Book and Kit Cloudkicker was a bear version of Mowgli the man child. Shere Khan was in it too as a cut-throat corporate CEO. Basically it was Jungle Book, set in the Pacific islands in the 1930's with the protagonists running a delivery service via Baloo's airplane. Good for nostalgia factor, but it didn't approach the level of Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers or DuckTales.
I liked A Very Goofy Movie. Man, Powerline was epic. Fun fact: The singer for Powerline's character also appeared on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. I only found that out about 2 months ago.

WIN CANUCKS!

Old
03-12-2013, 02:09 AM
Wheatley
We Rabite You

Quote:
After watching the intro I was trying to put the pieces all back together of what the hell was going on in that show.

Thanks for the recap. That show was rad, along with all the rest that's been listed here.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Just win

Old
03-12-2013, 02:20 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
You missed out.

Ducktales was the best of the bunch, but Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin and Darkwing Duck came after from Disney get in on the late 80's/early 90's animation fad. Not to mention non-Disney cartoons like TMNT, Ghostbusters, both of which I thought were better than the movies. Late 80's Sat morning cartoons ftw! Computerized animation in the mid-90's marked the end of it unfortunately.
Bro you missed out a heap in the middle there,Early 90s, Like these two beauties,

Old
03-12-2013, 02:23 AM
SnapIt

If a lackluster effort is shown, you have to think the grip on the trigger [towards making a trade] will be tightened.

Hope the team shows up to play and at least make it entertaining. Might have to switch back and forth between other games again.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:24 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Honestly If we lose this game, I see AV getting fired

Old
03-12-2013, 02:30 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
If MG was thinking about firing AV, then for all our sakes, I hope its not based on this game... Because if we win, then this one win saved his job. And before people say "Its not just this one game" then It really dose not matter if we win, Because MG should have fired him regardless of this game.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:30 AM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapIt View Post
If a lackluster effort is shown, you have to think the grip on the trigger [towards making a trade] will be tightened.

Hope the team shows up to play and at least make it entertaining. Might have to switch back and forth between other games again.
I sure hope not.
You never want to make a deal while your players have no value.

It's just a recipe for disaster.

We have the personnel to win. We're lacking in focus and consistency. The D tends to have moments of extreme incompetence and our offense sometimes gets trapped in a perpetual state of cycling without getting the puck in front of the net.

There need to be adjustments made by the coaching staff and the players to try to correct what's not working. Unfortunately for us, this is AV's biggest weakness.

I expect a much better effort and possibly a win. I say possibly because the bounces aren't going our way lately when we do put forth a good effort.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Jumbo Joe!

vCash: 814
I work, will not be attending.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
03-12-2013, 02:50 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
I work, will not be attending.
Wait, you mean you don't get to watch the game?

Lucky!

If it gets bad, you'll hear me chanting FIRE AV.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:51 AM
SnapIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
I sure hope not.
You never want to make a deal while your players have no value.

It's just a recipe for disaster.

We have the personnel to win. We're lacking in focus and consistency. The D tends to have moments of extreme incompetence and our offense sometimes gets trapped in a perpetual state of cycling without getting the puck in front of the net.

There need to be adjustments made by the coaching staff and the players to try to correct what's not working. Unfortunately for us, this is AV's biggest weakness.

I expect a much better effort and possibly a win. I say possibly because the bounces aren't going our way lately when we do put forth a good effort.
I agree that making an impulsive trade can be concerning, but some aspects of this team need to be addressed. The need for a 3C and a RH puck-moving d-man is apparent.

I also agree that we have the personnel to win, but the system the Canucks are playing under is not working. The Sun article sums it up pretty well (D. Sedin quote talking about the lack of forecheck and pressure, Booth mentions each line needs to play a role/build an identity). You're right that AV has been unresponsive to change the style of play, and it is causing a tail-spin.

I would be shocked if they don't pull out a victory after that embarrassing OT loss last time vs. Columbus.

Anyways, do they have Garrison on the PP with Hamhuis? That should be the top defensive pairing for the PP (how they've gone this long with Schroeder on the point is beyond me). Newell Brown is grasping at straws with his decisions. But what does that leave us for the second unit... Edler and Ballard? Just have Ballard feeding Edler for the one-timer (more shots!!)

Old
03-12-2013, 03:37 AM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
put kassasin back with sedins give him some confidence to score again...

Old
03-12-2013, 04:06 AM
VanCanucks14

I think we'll win. I say 4-2.

Old
03-12-2013, 04:41 AM
DJOpus

First game since I just got back from a vacation.

What the hell happened (I've been gone since Feb 25).

VAN 7 - CBJ 2.

Old
03-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Reverend Mayhem
Registered Nurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I like the confidence, DJ. Sadly, I'm not sure if you've seen the last few games but I'll take 2 points at this point no matter how we can get them.

Old
03-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Hammer79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
First game since I just got back from a vacation.

What the hell happened (I've been gone since Feb 25).

VAN 7 - CBJ 2.
Columbus has won 5 straight games, and Bobrovsky was the player of the week. I'm not taking them for granted.

Vancouver 2-1 (SO)

Old
03-12-2013, 06:39 AM
BrandonL

Just looking at Luongo's road numbers this season and they are pretty awful. 2-2-1 / 2.91 GAA / .883 Save %

Hopefully that turns around tomorrow, Columbus isn't exactly a dangerous offensive team.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:03 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I'm seeing the same thing. Last game of the road trip, next 4 games at home, team in a major funk, etc.

Prediction: 3-1 Blue Jackets. Canucks goal scored by Jason Garrison on the PP. (hilarious, right?)

Old
03-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Kip96

My favorite GDT so far!

I'm so conflicted here...

I want Lou to have a great game and take over (eventually leading to Schneider getting dealt)

I also want AV fired...

Old
03-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Kip96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonlee View Post
Just looking at Luongo's road numbers this season and they are pretty awful. 2-2-1 / 2.91 GAA / .883 Save %

Hopefully that turns around tomorrow, Columbus isn't exactly a dangerous offensive team.
Those numbers are basically because of one game. Luongo has always been much better at GM Place/Rogers Arena though

Closed Thread