Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Ducks @ Wild, 5:00pm Normal Time

Old
03-12-2013, 11:10 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

vCash: 500
I think the only thing that might save Perry is the fact the hit was turned into at the last second. Their feed makes it look much worse.

Ducks DVM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
I think the only thing that might save Perry is the fact the hit was turned into at the last second. Their feed makes it look much worse.

the media has already turned the spotlight on the hit and voiced their opinions.... hes as good as suspended... and sense its minnasota the hockey capital of the US, theyll make the suspension.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:34 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
the media has already turned the spotlight on the hit and voiced their opinions.... hes as good as suspended... and sense its minnasota the hockey capital of the US, theyll make the suspension.
This seem to have a big effect on suspensions. It seem like the minute the commentators start screaming for suspensions, they get it. If they just ignore the hit like they did with Stoll's hit, nothing happens. They even laughed it off on NHL network when Cam got hit, it was barely a blip during the "highlights".

kducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

I just did some math. The ducks have 41 points in 25 games, that means they gain (on average) 1.64 points in the standings every game. Over an 82 game season that's 134.48 points.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Based on reviewing the Ducks feed a few times here's what I saw.

1. Perry with speed and at an angle makes shoulder contact with Zucker from the side.

2. Since he is coming on an angle his torso follows through slightly ahead of Zucker's. That is what causes Zuckers head to appear to snap back. I'm not so sure there was much more than incidental contact (if that) at the head.

3. If you look closely, Zucker, falling at a slight angle, slams his head into the boards just above the base before ultimately landing on the ice. I believe that is where his "serious" head damage comes from.

All that said, the hit was definitely late and deserving of the original penalty. The injury led to the major and game penalties. While I don't think it was delivered with malice, if Perry doesn't make the late hit, none of this happens. I don't think it deserves a suspension, but I won't be shocked if he gets one.

Eddie Shack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Unholy

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

Quote:
To no one's surprise, ANA's Corey Perry has a telephone hearing with NHL on Wednesday. That means suspension can't be more than 5 games.

03-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
No real surprise there. A phone hearing doesn't guarantee a suspension either.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

On a more pleasant note I would like to think Maroon could be the long sought after legitimate 4th liner who can play hockey and kick butt. I'll admit he has impressed me this year more than I thought possible. Way to go Patrick!

Old
03-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Pretty much. Still thinking it can go either way for me, but it's tough.

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I'd be curious to see the total number of phone interviews (since they started reviewing hits) and how many resulted in no suspension. That's got to be a pretty small number. I'm thinking we are screwed.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:08 AM
camshaft

The scary thing for the rest of the league is that it seems Hiller has finally found his groove over the last three games he started. He is showing signs where he can win games all by himself. If this is the case, are there multiple cups in our future (President's and Stanley)?

camshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:10 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

so since those debacles in Phoenix we've allowed 3 goals in 4 games. Hiller has given up all 3 of the goals #BUM

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:12 AM
AngelDuck

It's good to see Hiller getting back into form. I will happily eat crow about him if he continues to play this way over a larger sample size

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:14 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
Based on reviewing the Ducks feed a few times here's what I saw.

1. Perry with speed and at an angle makes shoulder contact with Zucker from the side.

2. Since he is coming on an angle his torso follows through slightly ahead of Zucker's. That is what causes Zuckers head to appear to snap back. I'm not so sure there was much more than incidental contact (if that) at the head.

3. If you look closely, Zucker, falling at a slight angle, slams his head into the boards just above the base before ultimately landing on the ice. I believe that is where his "serious" head damage comes from.

All that said, the hit was definitely late and deserving of the original penalty. The injury led to the major and game penalties. While I don't think it was delivered with malice, if Perry doesn't make the late hit, none of this happens. I don't think it deserves a suspension, but I won't be shocked if he gets one.
hit wasn't that late...less than a second if i remember right...real time vs slowmo makes a ton of difference on that aspect.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
On a more pleasant note I would like to think Maroon could be the long sought after legitimate 4th liner who can play hockey and kick butt. I'll admit he has impressed me this year more than I thought possible. Way to go Patrick!
He has much more potential than a 4th liner he has the size and skill to be a top 6 fw/space creator

As far as his fighting ists not that good he can hang with most middleweighs but someone like Reaves or Bissonette etc would get creamed. Definitely not an enforcer

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Sirquacksalot
Raging Boner

Quote:
I'd be curious to see the total number of phone interviews (since they started reviewing hits) and how many resulted in no suspension. That's got to be a pretty small number. I'm thinking we are screwed.
I have to disagree. With Getzlaf playing like he is, and the depth in secondary scoring, the offense should be able to miss Perry for a few games, especially if the suspension lights a fire under the ass of Ryan to try and make up the difference. Combine that with two very hot goalies and the Ducks should still fare pretty well. They might lose ground on Chicago, but they are 11 points ahead of Vancouver and LA. They should be fine.

Sirquacksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Jesus Teemu

I'm not sold it warrants a suspension, but we always come out on the wrong side of these whether we are the inflicters or inflictees.

Jesus Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:24 AM
DaDucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDuck View Post
It's good to see Hiller getting back into form. I will happily eat crow about him if he continues to play this way over a larger sample size
Ohh come now, I doubt anyone remembers what u said about him..

But I do

"I'm done with him" I believe the phrase was?

DaDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:24 AM
gratefulyours
Great 8 = T. Selanne

vCash: 483
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
I have to disagree. With Getzlaf playing like he is, and the depth in secondary scoring, the offense should be able to miss Perry for a few games, especially if the suspension lights a fire under the ass of Ryan to try and make up the difference. Combine that with two very hot goalies and the Ducks should still fare pretty well. They might lose ground on Chicago, but they are 11 points ahead of Vancouver and LA. They should be fine.
he only recently started heating up, he wasn't doing much of anything for the longest time. i have him on my fantasy team, it hurt to play him sometimes.

gratefulyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirquacksalot View Post
I was only referring to how the hearing would go. I agree the team shouldn't fold if he misses a couple of games. But I think he will be suspended.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:28 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

well good news guys, atleast we'll have a preview of the playoffs with Perry outta the lineup right?

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:28 AM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDucks View Post
Ohh come now, I doubt anyone remembers what u said about him..

But I do

"I'm done with him" I believe the phrase was?
OK. I'll still support him though. If it makes you feel better you can keep posting this ****.

AngelDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
He has much more potential than a 4th liner he has the size and skill to be a top 6 fw/space creator

As far as his fighting ists not that good he can hang with most middleweighs but someone like Reaves or Bissonette etc would get creamed. Definitely not an enforcer
I'm not sure he's top 6 material but he's more than welcome to prove me wrong again.

He may not be a heavyweight but he's a big boy who can take care of himself. I love Belesky's tenacity but he's too small to scare anybody. Maroon is big enough to scare people even if he isn't the best fighter in the league ( he can work on the fighting). Playing 11-12 minutes a night and being able to police the ice is huge. That's what I hope to see from him.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
well good news guys, atleast we'll have a preview of the playoffs with Perry outta the lineup right?
It might be a blessing for BM to get an idea how things might go without him, eh?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Dirk316

Quote:
I'm not sure he's top 6 material but he's more than welcome to prove me wrong again.

He may not be a heavyweight but he's a big boy who can take care of himself. I love Belesky's tenacity but he's too small to scare anybody. Maroon is big enough to scare people even if he isn't the best fighter in the league ( he can work on the fighting). Playing 11-12 minutes a night and being able to police the ice is huge. That's what I hope to see from him.
He kind of reminds me of a conbination of Dustin Penner and Beleskey
He has shown skill his entire minor career and now carrying it into the pros
Theres Potential for sure wish DSP would show the same effort

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote