HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kaberle

Old
03-12-2013, 05:17 AM
Habsfan2992
One of the 1st

vCash: 500
Kaberle

I'm not sure what is going on here with him but the last 2 or 3 games he played, didn't he have half decent outings? Not a liability...got a few points here and there..why the benching for Pattern or however you spell his name. At 4 mill a season and his last couple of games where I thought he did alright, why not let him continue...if not only to help the team at least showcase him while he's playing well or did I seriously miss something in the last 3 games he played.....just curious.

Habsfan2992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 05:33 AM
StellerEller
Canada's Team

vCash: 100
I suppose pateryn provides size and grit which is our Dcores weakness plus we have one of of not the best offensive Dcore in the league right now. Kaberle is a spare part, however he did look better in his recent outings

StellerEller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:11 AM
25get

vCash: 50
Only reason I could see is that they have already decided to buy him out so they try to avoid to injure him.

I am sure he could help other teams...

But only MB and MT knows.

25get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Gally11

I'm getting the impression they're mitigating the risk of him getting injured because they want to buy him out

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:13 AM
DAChampion

It makes sense to reward our best prospects with NHL ice time, it creates incentive within the system.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:22 AM
Sam I Am

Both Diaz and Weber play the right side. Kaberle plays the left.

Pateryn is a right-handed shot which allows Bouillon to move back to his natural, and better, left side.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:24 AM
MXD

The problem with Kaberle is that is brings something of which we have plenty, while having terrible flaws in his game.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:49 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I'm getting the impression they're mitigating the risk of him getting injured because they want to buy him out
Then you would think they would have played Weber ahead of him. Instead they played him ahead of Weber and Pateryn ahead of him.

Frankly, it is a bit puzzling since to most observers, Kaberle played well when he had his chance.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:55 AM
Bacchus1

I'm pretty sure that with his improved play, he may be trade bate for a team who needs a 2nd tier PP QB. I wouldn't be surprised if a team in need of help in that area would take him for something they have too much of, and have something too much that we need. If he was going to be bought out, wouldn't they have done the same as they did with Gomez?

Bacchus1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 08:52 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

He has been decent this year, 3 points, +4, playing 13min a game, and no pp time really, in 10 games, and I think he has only been on the ice for 1 goal against.

I really think that he could help another team out that needs help with their pp, I wouldn't be surprised if a team trades a mid pick for him at the trade line.

But I think there are a few reasons why he hasn't played much even with some injuries, like others have said, I think the team doesn't want him getting hurt incase they buy him out, and also, if Kaberle is in the lineup, that means Bouillon has to move to RD, something he can do, but its not ideal, some guys are comfortable playing their offside (Emelin,Gorges), some guys are not.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Joe Cole

Keep Kaberle around for insurance, and test what you have in the system. I would not waste the opportunity to give a future Habs player a test, and a taste of the NHL to play Kaberle. While he has not said anything negative in the press, the Habs do not owe him ice time.

If they cannot move him to a desperate team at the deadline, he and his bloated contract will be a memory when the season comes to a close.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Habsoil

vCash: 50
Maybe MB is showcasing pateryn for a possible trade?
Maybe same with Dumont?
Who knows? MB

Habsoil is offline   Reply With Quote