HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
You got that right, this sucks!

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:55 AM
22Brad Park

Was watching habs game last nite and the powerplays they were getting was a joke.Ottawa was cearly getting shafted hard in 3rd period.
Then Neil does this and i have been watching video over and over,Neil lifts his leg.Yet not even a powerplay.I am so disgusted with lack of calls for Bruins I hope they really get dirty and start sending other teams player off the ice bigtime in a heap of pain .Then they can call Bruins for penalties if they want.I see a BIAS NHL!

22Brad Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Was watching habs game last nite and the powerplays they were getting was a joke.Ottawa was cearly getting shafted hard in 3rd period.
Then Neil does this and i have been watching video over and over,Neil lifts his leg.Yet not even a powerplay.I am so disgusted with lack of calls for Bruins I hope they really get dirty and start sending other teams player off the ice bigtime in a heap of pain .Then they can call Bruins for penalties if they want.I see a BIAS NHL!
What?? Habs getting the benefit at the Bell Center, that doesn`t sound right

Their organizational approach is, draft small, loads of potential for PP time

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicat View Post
We don't know the severity of the break so while we need to move to plan B we still need to leave the door open to a possible return at some point this season. The word broken is overused and can mean so many different things.

Edit: SI says fracture which is very different than broken. Getting into semantics but it is something that needs to be considered. http://nhl.si.com/2013/03/13/chirs-k...actured-tibia/
The healing of a bone, whether a fracture or a complete break, takes 6-8 weeks. If he can weight-bear while it's healing and be in a boot-type restraint, then atrophy may not be as big an issue as if he were on crutches and in a cast. That will dictate how long rehab will be. But bone healing takes as long as it takes, and the severity is what typically distinguishes between 6 weeks and 8 weeks.

Now, I'm not really going to say much more than this about it. I'm not a doctor but I am friendly with my ortho surgeon, and I trust her professional opinion regarding fractured bones and healing times. Folks can hope his recovery is shorter than 6 weeks, but I would simply suggest you don't pin too much of your hope on it because you are likely to be disappointed. Over and out.

ReggieMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 09:32 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
What?? Habs getting the benefit at the Bell Center, that doesn`t sound right

Their organizational approach is, draft small, loads of potential for PP time
What the habs get away with and then what is called on other team makes me think hockey is rigged.Ottawa got it up the shoot last nite.And I am no fan of Sens especially with Neil there.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:34 AM
22Brad Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
The healing of a bone, whether a fracture or a complete break, takes 6-8 weeks. If he can weight-bear while it's healing and be in a boot-type restraint, then atrophy may not be as big an issue as if he were on crutches and in a cast. That will dictate how long rehab will be. But bone healing takes as long as it takes, and the severity is what typically distinguishes between 6 weeks and 8 weeks.

Now, I'm not really going to say much more than this about it. I'm not a doctor but I am friendly with my ortho surgeon, and I trust her professional opinion regarding fractured bones and healing times. Folks can hope his recovery is shorter than 6 weeks, but I would simply suggest you don't pin too much of your hope on it because you are likely to be disappointed. Over and out.
You are right,I had breaks like 6 times and couple times they took cast off and had put new one back on.Was not healed.When it comes off everything feels funny for while.But the limb feels lighter,He will need to put muscle back on too.Lose a little while its not being used.

Old
03-14-2013, 09:39 AM
twominute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
all that could be true and great news, but let`s not discount, when we recover from injuries such as this, we don`t march out onto an ice surface and play against the best in the world.
Yes agreed, my beer league is not quite that good

twominute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
remer

Chia should have enough money to make an impact before the trade deadline. With Savard and Kelly elligible for TLIR and the money saving on dishing off Timmy, there should be no excuses. The problem becomes who?

Kelly will need at least six weeks and expect another one or two weeks to get into any game shape. That means he is hopefull for a mid May return to top game shape. He wil simply be a gift to the Bruins if they are rolling in the playoffs.

So that means that Chia needs to build this team without him for a major playoff run.
The third line needs to be rebuilt and the defense will need some help.

What is out there? What teams might be sellers?

West: Dallas, Edmonton, Columbus, Calgary and Colorado
East: Philly, Tampa, Washington, Buffalo and Florida
Other: What teams have players to trade? San Jose, NYI, NYR, St. Louis

Who do the Bruins target?.

Alfie and Perry are long shots and are likely doubtful.
Bowmeister or Iginla? Lots of money.
Hemsky or Bozak?
Stastny, Morrow or Clowe?
Striet or Carlson?

Top choices:

1) Iginla 7g 12 a= 19pts -4

2) Stastny 7g 9a =16 pts -5

3) Streit 4g 10 a = 14 pts -9

4) Carlson 8g 13 a =21 pts -2

5) Morrow 6g 5 a = 11 pts -4

6) Clowe 0 g 8 a= 8 pts -7

Iginla or Stastny would change the dynamics of this team. They still need an offensive force and wither of these players can do it.

On the backend, Carlson would be a gem. He can move the puck and make plays. Boston needs something more than just depth on the defense.

All three players would be costly, but welcomed additions.
Only fear of Iginla is that he might strictly be a rental and return to Calgary.
Statny and Carlson would be players that could fit long term if other personnel moves were made.

remer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:11 AM
vjcsmoke

So who will replace Kelly in the meantime? He's going to be out like 1-2 months in a shortened season! Will the Bruins look to make a move or solve this by calling someone up from the AHL? I doubt Jay Pandolfo is considered a permanent option...

vjcsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 10:27 AM
TCL40

Quote:
East: Philly, Tampa, Washington, Buffalo and Florida
If Philly starts selling I would gladly take Simmonds but I doubt he is a player they look to move. But I really like his game.

TCL40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
duckchobbins

When I was 7 I broke my tibia and fibula. Had a full cast for two months and then a half cast for another two. Do you know what that means for Kelly?

...absolutely nothing.

I don't plan on seeing Kelly again this season, but I'm in no position to judge his injury from my desk. If he plays again, perhaps with a deep playoff run, then I'll consider it a success.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:39 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

The Bruins have to look at this and plan that he won't be playing this season and AT LEAST halfway through the playoffs. If that is what happens, then you've prepared yourself for it with that mindset, if not and he comes back sooner, that's just an added bonus to the team because hopefully, Chia's prepared this team as a "Chris Kelly-less team" going into the playoffs.

Last edited by smithformeragent: 03-14-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: mod
Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:42 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Breaks are a wait and see thing totally. Location, location, location, totally. I broke my arm in highschool, cleanly, just below the shoulder. Most clean breaks/fractures shouldn't take as long to heal as some, but their can be complications. In my case, (long story short), couldn't cast it, had a bulky sling on, my elbow "locked" being in it so long that their was more treatment, and blah blah blah 7 months later i started being able to work on getting strength back. Not a doctor . . .

But the moral of the story is, be prepared for the worst but hope for the best.

Bruins Stooge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Brad Park View Post
Montreal typical..

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 04:41 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

snip..

4) Carlson 8g 13 a =21 pts -2
No idea who this is supposed to be, but it isn't Carlson. He has 4G, 7A & 11 Pts.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:20 PM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Well this sucks.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:21 PM
3rdLiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
No idea who this is supposed to be, but it isn't Carlson. He has 4G, 7A & 11 Pts.
Maybe he grabbed EK's stats?

3rdLiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 05:58 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueStevens View Post
Maybe he grabbed EK's stats?
That isn't it, he has been injured and only has 10 Pts. Bobby Ryan is the only one in the NHL with 8G, 13A, 21 Pts but is a +4. No one has the stats posted. I figured since he put Carlson it was supposed to be a D. Probably had the name right and just messed up the stats. Carlson would be great, but at what cost is the question.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote