HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #28| Mar. 13, 2013| Flyers at Devils | 7:30 p.m. ET

Old
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
TheBryzKnees

vCash: 500
C'mon boys. The vocal philistines on here are embarrassing to the majority of fans on this board. This team has NO direction (coach, leadership), NO defensive awareness from the forwards, a frightening lack of offensive consistency, and people will howl as if the only thing standing between the Flyers, the polish jar and a night alone with the Cup, is a goaltender. I was a fan of signing Bryz, but now that it is obvious that he does not fit the team and it's direction: a young, defensively weak, mistake prone, inconsistent, middling team, that could maybe be saved by #39 circa 1996 and make the playoffs. I say move onólike gentleman. Bryz has been perfectly representative of this team as a whole. There needs to be a host of changes. Bryz is one of the changes, along with a new coach. FFS though, at least sound like a flyers fan. It's a shame it didn't work out. To blame this seasons failures on Bryz is the epitome of an uneducated hockey fan.

TheBryzKnees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 PM
JXC
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
what if we get a new coach.... and we go back to getting destroyed by the Pens.. that is my biggest fear.
Good point

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Swic21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I just saw a replay of a 5 hole goal. Fantastic. I guess that was unstoppable by any mere mortal too.

As for Briere, I haven't seen anything to indicate he's any worse than any of the other slobs on the ice. Someone needs to step up though. Like, 15 people probably.
True that man. Game after game it's the same sad excuses from the players. This is how the post game interview goes
" we all made mistakes and we all need to be better. The effort was there we just need to finish blah blah blah".
Just freaking show up and play some hard nosed hockey. I don't understand. What the hell is Lavy even telling these guys? Someone has to wake them up.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:19 PM
SuchySays

COME OUT flying!!

5-4 WIN!

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Clarkson is the stupidest looking guy, like he got a crap load of botox and he's always soooo surprised no matter what goes on
I don't get what you can possibly be mad at right now if you're a Devils player. You're dominating a team that doesn't give ****. Just ignore them and head to the locker.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I just saw a replay of a 5 hole goal. Fantastic. I guess that was unstoppable by any mere mortal too.

As for Briere, I haven't seen anything to indicate he's any worse than any of the other slobs on the ice. Someone needs to step up though. Like, 15 people probably.
That was a bad goal but stop acting like all others were equally as bad. That's the only soft goal he's given up this game.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JXC
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBryzKnees View Post
C'mon boys. The vocal philistines on here are embarrassing to the majority of fans on this board. This team has NO direction (coach, leadership), NO defensive awareness from the forwards, a frightening lack of offensive consistency, and people will howl as if the only thing standing between the Flyers, the polish jar and a night alone with the Cup, is a goaltender. I was a fan of signing Bryz, but now that it is obvious that he does not fit the team and it's direction: a young, defensively weak, mistake prone, inconsistent, middling team, that could maybe be saved by #39 circa 1996 and make the playoffs. I say move onólike gentleman. Bryz has been perfectly representative of this team as a whole. There needs to be a host of changes. Bryz is one of the changes, along with a new coach. FFS though, at least sound like a flyers fan. It's a shame it didn't work out. To blame this seasons failures on Bryz is the epitome of an uneducated hockey fan.
That's a pretty good summary.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:20 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Good point
Not really. The Flyers in 09 could have beat the Pens if Stevens wasn't such a terrible coach.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
C'mon boys. The vocal philistines on here are embarrassing to the majority of fans on this board. This team has NO direction (coach, leadership), NO defensive awareness from the forwards, a frightening lack of offensive consistency, and people will howl as if the only thing standing between the Flyers, the polish jar and a night alone with the Cup, is a goaltender. I was a fan of signing Bryz, but now that it is obvious that he does not fit the team and it's direction: a young, defensively weak, mistake prone, inconsistent, middling team, that could maybe be saved by #39 circa 1996 and make the playoffs. I say move on—like gentleman. Bryz has been perfectly representative of this team as a whole. There needs to be a host of changes. Bryz is one of the changes, along with a new coach. FFS though, at least sound like a flyers fan. It's a shame it didn't work out. To blame this seasons failures on Bryz is the epitome of an uneducated hockey fan.
I like you Having said that: Death for Seth!!

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SuchySays

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Not really. The Flyers in 09 could have beat the Pens if Stevens wasn't such a terrible coach.
who says, they'll hire a good coach?

SuchySays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Flyotes
Sorry Hinkie.

Next year's pump up video won't feature any players. Just ice girls.

Flyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheLegendkiller

Seriously though, when the team loses they really need to riot in this game. I don't see how you couldn't.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JXC
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchySays View Post
COME OUT flying!!

5-4 WIN!
That's the spirit!!!

Old
03-13-2013, 08:22 PM
SolidSnakeUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
That's a pretty good summary.
I agree. I firmly believe that Bryz isn't the source of all our problems and by getting rid of him will not fix everything. Bryz being gone won't make us win games. Bryz being gone won't get us to stop turning over the puck. Bryz being gone doesn't mean our offense will get better. Bryz being gone won't get us to play smarter hockey. Bryz being gone won't get us to fight harder in the offensive zone.

SolidSnakeUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
CavemanLawyer

I'm all for saying kill XYZ player and all that, but come on guys lets take a look at this - this is on Lavy. Yes the pitchforks 'he is just stuck with the **** Homer left him!', but no. The point of a coach, like a manager, or analyst, or anything, is to maximize the return from whatever asset he has. Can you honestly say he's maximized what each player on this team is capable of by way of tactics, training, game plan, focus, etc.? ****, when he has Briere playing 2034124e^19 minutes a night, is that good asset management? How many set plays has Briere been by the net for a tip in and has missed it horribly? Do you blame Briere or blame the person that told him he has to be there, even though its obvious he doesn't work there?

When you play Football Manager or any other sports management video game, when you take control of a team, do you instantly go 'OK we are gonna play 3-6-1' - 'but boss, we have no wingers and all star sweeper, an amazing AMC, and 3 awesome strikers' - 'Don't care, 3-6-1. Oh and we will always train set pieces.'- 'Oh our striker keeps missing on the left side, should we tell him to cut inside?' - 'No I demand left attacks still...'....NO! You don't do that. You assess what you have, how it works together, and you maximize what you have. Hell any sim/management video game you do that in, even Sim City 2000. I'm using video game examples for obvious reasons - easy to understand and you, the coach/manager/leader have all the tools at your hand so you can relate to what I'm saying.

It just boggles my mind. I don't think anyone can truly say Laviolette is using these players the best way. And because of that, you can't blame the players as much as you, or I, would want. Imagine putting Messi under boring ass Fabio Capella. Or putting a stay at home, limited central defender on an all out attacking team.

When Homer said in the offseason Lavy might have to change his gameplan and switch things around, maybe play tighter D, to best use the players, and Lavy essentially said '**** YOU!'... Wait no he said -

"I can tell you that the first thing I said to my team is that we're going to attack. We're going to put pucks behind and we're going to go after it."...Yeah...Right essentially "**** YOU HOMER!"

that should have really been a warning that these pieces aren't being used correctly... And you guys here loved that fight and spunk. "Yeah Lavy telling Homer whats up." etc. etc. Now look at the team.... LOOK AT THEM! LOOK!!!! Look what you have created.

CavemanLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Yukon Cornelius*
LoosenUpSandyBaby!

Jonesy and Milbury certainly aren't circling Lavi's wagon, the writing as the expression goes gentlemen, is on the wall.

Yukon Cornelius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Qyburn

Quote:
To blame this seasons failures on Bryz is the epitome of an uneducated hockey fan.
You're not wrong, but to think any fan can possibly be educated enough to know the real state of things from inside the locker room is naive.

Bryz makes a huge call out. This is his and the team's result. This is the best they have. This was telling. This is the end.

Qyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Jumping

Mike Milbury said it best, "Bryz has been ok but you need more than that from him."
Bryz is not a goalie that everyone on the team rallies around. Lavi has lost his voice - no one listens to him anymore. The team does not have a kick tail leader (a Pronger for example).
This year this all adds up to a top 5 draft choice.
If I believed in conspiracy theories, the NHL would find a way for the Flyers to win the draft lottery. Unfortunately, it will go to Winnipeg or someone equally deserving.

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stranger Danger
the

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I agree. I firmly believe that Bryz isn't the source of all our problems and by getting rid of him will not fix everything. Bryz being gone won't make us win games. Bryz being gone won't get us to stop turning over the puck. Bryz being gone doesn't mean our offense will get better. Bryz being gone won't get us to play smarter hockey. Bryz being gone won't get us to fight harder in the offensive zone.
I say, fix the D first, then if it's still a problem, fix the goalie situation. He has played alot of games in a very short amount of time, that's GOT TOO wear him down.

Stranger Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Couturier Effect

Quote:
I like the way you think.

The Couturier Effect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Swic21

Quote:
I'm gonna take alot of fuss from this BUT, I personally don't think this teams defense is all that bad. I think it's the system. Lavy has an offensive system and we have one puck moving d man. Playing a Rangers type system would be more fitting. Grossmann is a solid stay at home d man with not much offense to show. Though Coburn has been horrible he is a solid stay at home d man. Schenn playing with Kimmo has been good but it's our system. Lavy MUST go.

Swic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKurri'soupkitchen View Post
Jonesy and Milbury certainly aren't circling Lavi's wagon, the writing as the expression goes gentlemen, is on the wall.
I was shocked they were using the words "Flyers" and "playoffs" together.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
JXC
AWOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Concurred.

I think we are trying to find the missing link when in reality there are holes in this team all over the ice. I'm not sure I can name a player who has done anything worth a bucket of spit in the last five games.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
RespectTheGhost
Couts=0 offense

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I don't get what you can possibly be mad at right now if you're a Devils player. You're dominating a team that doesn't give ****. Just ignore them and head to the locker.
The guys a tool, he has no clue what he's doing, I hope Simmer KO's him tonight

RespectTheGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
Gert B Frobe

giveaways 6 - 1
odd man rushes against 7 - 1
score 4 - 1

Milbury doesn't have suggestions for Laviolette on what to say. If I'm Laviolette I wouldn't even go into the locker room - just leave them alone with their suck to think about how much they suck.

Gert B Frobe is offline   Reply With Quote