HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers @ Future NW Division Champs 7PM MT

Old
03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
Pretty much regardless of his record in the juniors or his history as a player, I don't want a coach coming straight from QMJHL to the NHL.

Give me someone with some expirence from coaching in this league.
Ah ok...so Jacques "I've never really won anything as a head coach" Martin or David "Hi, I'm with stupid" Quinn???

Cuz unless you want to promote Chynoweth, those are your choices UNFORTUNATELY. That's just the way this team operates.

I don't think you can discard that kind of record, that's EIGHT SOLID WINNING SEASONS and that's incredibly difficult to achieve with the kind of turnover in juniors. Also includes a Memorial Cup victory.

There are PLENTY of coaches that are hired right out of junior and do a great job as head coaches. Guy Boucher and Peter Deboer are 2 recent examples.

Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
Metallo
NWOBHM forever \m/

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
Sacco is lucky he doesnt coach in a hockey mad market. Those 2 min pressers would not cut it. He would be grilled for alot longer.

Metallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Avs
Bozak + 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipperfan View Post
Sacco is lucky he doesnt coach in a hockey mad market. Those 2 min pressers would not cut it. He would be grilled for alot longer.
I'm sure the script the team gives Sacco for post-game pressers only runs for 2 minutes. After that, someone from management probably steps in and ends it.

Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Metallo
NWOBHM forever \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Ah ok...so Jacques "I've never really won anything as a head coach" Martin or David "Hi, I'm with stupid" Quinn???

Cuz unless you want to promote Chynoweth, those are your choices UNFORTUNATELY. That's just the way this team operates.

I don't think you can discard that kind of record, that's EIGHT SOLID WINNING SEASONS and that's incredibly difficult to achieve with the kind of turnover in juniors. Also includes a Memorial Cup victory.

There are PLENTY of coaches that are hired right out of junior and do a great job as head coaches. Guy Boucher and Peter Deboer are 2 recent examples.
Exactly, I don't see what he could learn by coaching a couple of seasons in the AHL. He knows the pro game, he has been at that level for years, and he would command respect the moment he stepped in the locker room.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Metallo
NWOBHM forever \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs View Post
I'm sure the script the team gives Sacco for post-game pressers only runs for 2 minutes. After that, someone from management probably steps in and ends it.
Yup and that's pathetic. He needs to face the music and the media should aks for more availability, but they are so complacent.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:

Mystic MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:21 AM
chet1926

I'd take Roy right now with no NHL experience, you want to know why? Because all the guy does is win. As a player and as a coach all the guy does is win.

Do you honestly think Roy would be calm and collected after getting thumped at home by a terrible team, doubt it. Plus after the terrible 1st period he probably would have laid into the players and I think we would have seen a different team the last 2 periods.

People like Patrick Roy demand respect and if you **** him off, you are going to do everything in your power to put his faith back in you. Whereas Sacco doesn't have that, he wasn't an all world player, he is not intimidating he just a normal everyday Joe.

Think about this if Patrick Roy and Joe Sacco both said the same thing to you like "you better pull your head out, or you'll be in the press box next game" who would come off as more threatening, and who would you work harder for?

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:22 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yipperfan View Post
Seriously, he just gets lobbed softballs every time. Just like the Avs like it too, no accountability.

I'm less critical of his we'll respod comment though, than of his inability to formulate a solid two way system, or get this team to perform consistently. He's a player's coach, and that's good for young players to maintain their confidence, but at a certain point the HC needs to be a teacher of the game, and sometimes get his message through by yelling at guys. Sacco doesn't seem to display the latter two.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:23 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Oily fans talking smack on their board, not manly enough to come over here it seems.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:23 AM
Mystic MacK
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Oily fans talking smack on their board, not manly enough to come over here it seems.
Eh, they can keep it over there, and we can keep our contempt for their lame ass attempts to draw penalties, wack at Varly, and run up the score on the PP with their star players all in a 4-0 game over here.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
That's all fine and good. They can think they played great, meanwhile, we handed it to them on a silver platter. There was nothing DIFFICULT about obtaining that victory.

Besides, I don't want the Oilers sniffing anything close to a top 10 pick this year, so let them keep winning.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Metallo
NWOBHM forever \m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
I'd take Roy right now with no NHL experience, you want to know why? Because all the guy does is win. As a player and as a coach all the guy does is win.

Do you honestly think Roy would be calm and collected after getting thumped at home by a terrible team, doubt it. Plus after the terrible 1st period he probably would have laid into the players and I think we would have seen a different team the last 2 periods.

People like Patrick Roy demand respect and if you **** him off, you are going to do everything in your power to put his faith back in you. Whereas Sacco doesn't have that, he wasn't an all world player, he is not intimidating he just a normal everyday Joe.

Think about this if Patrick Roy and Joe Sacco both said the same thing to you like "you better pull your head out, or you'll be in the press box next game" who would come off as more threatening, and who would you work harder for?
Ding, ding ding! We have a winner!

Old
03-13-2013, 12:28 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
That's all fine and good. They can think they played great, meanwhile, we handed it to them on a silver platter. There was nothing DIFFICULT about obtaining that victory.

Besides, I don't want the Oilers sniffing anything close to a top 10 pick this year, so let them keep winning.
I actually agree with this. The best outcome is to be the Flames 2.0, the "Battle of Alberta" could be turned into "Battle for 9th Place".

Old
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
AslanRH
Plebeian Poster

vCash: 172
Had to watch the game late, and I'll review this thread in a bit, but all I can say is that this was a whole game of MEH on the Avs part.
-Did not notice any game long horrid play though (+)
-Line combinations are set in granite unless you are in the doghouse. (-)
-We got beat by a Goalie tonight who played very well and some lackadaisical effort. (-)

I'll go read all your all's thoughts now.

AslanRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:32 AM
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick

I could beat the **** out of Jeff Petry.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:36 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Woah control your emotions Brick! I understand you guys ended on bad streak, but getting arrested isn't worth it bro, it isn't worth it.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Fiddy

Quote:
Laura Ingalls' husband from Little House on the Prairie??

Whatever floats your boat, I guess...
Looks like Landeskog

18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Avs fans, rejoice...for this is at hand:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1374623

LOL

Now we can make Toronto low-ball offers for their 'disgruntled' AHLer.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:47 AM
cgf
Fire Bednar

This team is starting to get predictably up and down, but hey, I'm giants fan and they've won two superbowls in the past 5 years being predictably inconsistent, so that's not the worst thing in a league with a lot of parity.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:48 AM
ANewHope
Nuggets|Avs|Broncos

Shortened season sucks. I feel like at this point in a normal season you'd pretty much know this team wasn't going to make the playoffs. Everything is so close together right now tho so gives you the illusion it's still possible.

Whenever I look at the schedule feels like teams we need to lose are playing each other so while one has to lose the other automatically gets to 2 points, or even worse it goes to OT.

Team either needs to make a run or just lose every game to finish the season. This finishing in the middle business is probably the most frustrating thing I can think of.

ANewHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:50 AM
BrickAHL
Not actually a brick

Quote:

LOL

And once we get him, he'll be benched and somehow Greg Zanon and Ryan O'Byrne will still be in the line-up.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:56 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
And once we get him, he'll be benched and somehow Greg Zanon and Ryan O'Byrne will still be in the line-up.
Well Zanon brings fans in and how could you bench Big Sexy? The guy's stick skills is that of a squirrel trying to cross the highway filled with industrial glue.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:10 AM
cgf
Fire Bednar

Is Hunwick our Bozak? I'm thinking Chouinard should be the mid-tier prospect we throw in after some intense haggling. Gaunce is way too good, he could actually have a future in the NHL.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:11 AM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:

LOL

Smart idea, now we need to make #FreeTysonBarrie trending along with #Sacco2BU.

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:12 AM
Trafalgar McLaw
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Oilers fan, I can understand if you were pissed at someone who was involved in the no goal, but umm, why Jeff Petry?

Trafalgar McLaw is offline   Reply With Quote