HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread

Old
03-14-2013, 02:29 PM
McJadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeety mcjeet View Post
Can we roll with three scoring lines for more than two games before we ditch it? I have reservations with trading away the only 'in his prime years' offensive player we have. Look what's happening to Eberle and RNH right now, do you think the pressure on them is going to go up or down if we trade Hemsky?
yeah i don't understand why you would want to trade hemsky right now either.... if we are getting back a bigger LW with some skill or a legit top-4 dman, then sure... but who out there thinks we'll get such a player in return? i suppose if you package him with our pick at the draft, or with one of our more promising prospects (maybe marincin or similar), then maybe you could get such a player

the time has come to stop trading real NHL players for picks and prospects... we're not close to the cap and we are already WAAAAY too young... no more trades for magic beans or "assets"... its time to start turning the table, and trading our magic beans (read: draft picks) and prospects for real NHL players

Old
03-14-2013, 02:32 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
JJ is playing over 29mins a night his last five or 6 games. I don't think he is as bad as everyone is saying. I think he would be a good 2nd pairing dman. He can move the puck and that is what we need on this team.
Would you give up Eberle or Yakupov for him? Cause that is what BJ fans are asking for.

I want no part of JJ. He is a defensive nightmare, imo.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:34 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Frei!!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Would you give up Eberle or Yakupov for him? Cause that is what BJ fans are asking for.

I want no part of JJ. He is a defensive nightmare, imo.
To be fair, there's almost always a big difference between what fans want, and what the team actually gets

Old
03-14-2013, 02:45 PM
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles

vCash: 250
So I know Eager cleared, but with Nokelainen being put on waivers by the Habs, I wonder if the Oilers and Habs have a deal in place that depends on Nokelainen clearing

Something like

To MTL: Eager and Belanger

To EDM: White and Nokelainen

The reason it could make sense is with both Eager and Nokelainen clearing waivers that gives each team roster flexibility, they can be left in the minors and recalled, and White for Belanger makes sense because the Habs get a veteran for a playoff run and the Oilers get a gritty bottom-6 center.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:12 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
So I know Eager cleared, but with Nokelainen being put on waivers by the Habs, I wonder if the Oilers and Habs have a deal in place that depends on Nokelainen clearing

Something like

To MTL: Eager and Belanger

To EDM: White and Nokelainen

The reason it could make sense is with both Eager and Nokelainen clearing waivers that gives each team roster flexibility, they can be left in the minors and recalled, and White for Belanger makes sense because the Habs get a veteran for a playoff run and the Oilers get a gritty bottom-6 center.
I don't understand Nokelainen. Habs fans talk him up as a big center, but why don't they need him? I also don't like the injury history.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

vCash: 75
and ryan white is a dirt ball and a horrible hockey player, i'd rather have an empty roster spot or omark then him, no joke.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
OF17

I'd make a deal around Hemsky for Umberger or Brouwer. It's a sacrifice in skill no doubt, but both of those guys are relatively young and definitely able to handle top-6 or top-9 minutes with the elusive "size and toughness."

I also wonder if this is the summer that one of Boston's relatively pricey bottom-6 forwards gets shaken loose. Lucic, Seguin, and Marchand all already have big contract raises in place for next season, Tuukka Rask is an RFA, and they only really have Horton coming off the books. Something around Rich Peverley for a 2nd round pick? (EDIT: Martin Gernat could be a good candidate too). Clears $3.25 million for Boston and gives us a dependable 2-way veteran who can play both wing and center.

Forwards would look something like:

Hall-Nugent Hopkins-Eberle
Umberger-Gagner-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Peverley
Smyth-Belanger-Brown

That, to me, looks like a playoff-calibre forward corps.

Last edited by OF17: 03-14-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

^^^ Now that you mention Omark...

I'd be down to trade Hemsky - for a forward prospect and a pic - and bring in Omark as his replacement, actually

He's obviously a downgrade on Hemmer, not a massive one, but at like 4.5 million dollars cheaper. It would free up some cap room to resign Gagner, and he could be good with Hall and Horcoff.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:33 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Frei!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
and ryan white is a dirt ball and a horrible hockey player, i'd rather have an empty roster spot or omark then him, no joke.
Same here. I want no part of his BS

Old
03-14-2013, 03:38 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
^^^ Now that you mention Omark...

I'd be down to trade Hemsky - for a forward prospect and a pic - and bring in Omark as his replacement, actually

He's obviously a downgrade on Hemmer, not a massive one, but at like 4.5 million dollars cheaper. It would free up some cap room to resign Gagner, and he could be good with Hall and Horcoff.
i'd rather just play yakupov in hemskys spot, there is no use for omark imo, unless other teams gm's are reading the board......then i meant to say OMARK IS THE BEST CANT BELIEVE HE ISNT ON OUR TEAM.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i'd rather just play yakupov in hemskys spot, there is no use for omark imo, unless other teams gm's are reading the board......then i meant to say OMARK IS THE BEST CANT BELIEVE HE ISNT ON OUR TEAM.
What do you mean play Yakupov in Hemsky's spot? You want to take him off the Gagner Paajarvi line?

My idea would be to replace Hemsky with Omark on the Hall Horcoff line.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
OF17

Quote:
What do you mean play Yakupov in Hemsky's spot? You want to take him off the Gagner Paajarvi line?

My idea would be to replace Hemsky with Omark on the Hall Horcoff line.
That immediately removes the line's worth as a hard matchup though. Omark would have to be sheltered.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:44 PM
GreatMcKeith
Grand Dad?!

If we bring back Omark I want Schremp too.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:51 PM
BowDangles

Well its official, this thread has successful done a complete loop...

Old
03-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Mr Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
If we bring back Omark I want Schremp too.
JFJ-Pouliot-Omark as a third line? brings grit and scoring!

But in all seriousness, I don't think Omark is that big of a downgrade on Hemsky. We're going to have to start figuring out where the salary cap is going to be spent, meaning if you want to keep a Hemsky you lose a Gagner. Sometimes you can't have the best player at all positions, that's why you pair a guy like Omark up with Hall and Horcoff.

Old
03-14-2013, 03:56 PM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

What's Alexei "Traktor" Mikhnov upto these days?

His Youtube highlight video was one for the ages. Amazing..

03-14-2013, 04:06 PM
stoff

Quote:

But in all seriousness, I don't think Omark is that big of a downgrade on Hemsky. We're going to have to start figuring out where the salary cap is going to be spent, meaning if you want to keep a Hemsky you lose a Gagner. Sometimes you can't have the best player at all positions, that's why you pair a guy like Omark up with Hall and Horcoff.
Omark isn't a big downgrade to Hemsky? Seriously??

And no you don't have to choose between Gagner and Hemsky. Hemsky's contract is for one more year and Gagner resigns this summer when we have lots of cap space.

Why do people keep wanting to trade Hemsky for picks/prospects?? I don't get it. We're past that point in the rebuild, we need his scoring right now and have no one to replace him with. We finally have some balance in our lineup. He is not a cap killer as we don't have a crunch.

If you want to trade Hemsky it has got to be for an obvious upgrade on D or a grittier top six LW.

Old
03-14-2013, 04:20 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:

size up the wing, faceoff guy, offensive punch on the other wing, cant go wrong

Old
03-14-2013, 04:21 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
What's Alexei "Traktor" Mikhnov upto these days?

His Youtube highlight video was one for the ages. Amazing..
he is still battling jesse ninnimaki as the most best awesome oilers 1st rounder ever. winner faces bonsignor

Old
03-14-2013, 04:22 PM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 4434
Sorry, Omark is a sever down grade over Hemsky. I know I am not the only one tired of the Omark discussion and how people think he should play and how he has played. Omark is more suited to European hockey, been saying that for four years

I am the KING of Alternative Facts as any hockey fan is
Old
03-14-2013, 04:25 PM
McShogun99

With Whitney and Khabby coming off the books that will cover the raises that Hall, Eberle and Gagner get next year.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:01 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
yeah i don't understand why you would want to trade hemsky right now either.... if we are getting back a bigger LW with some skill or a legit top-4 dman, then sure... but who out there thinks we'll get such a player in return? i suppose if you package him with our pick at the draft, or with one of our more promising prospects (maybe marincin or similar), then maybe you could get such a player

the time has come to stop trading real NHL players for picks and prospects... we're not close to the cap and we are already WAAAAY too young... no more trades for magic beans or "assets"... its time to start turning the table, and trading our magic beans (read: draft picks) and prospects for real NHL players
I think most of us are in agreement with this.

But out of all our players who could be moved who have some value to other teams, it's likely to be Hemsky and Gagner as the options.

We shouldn't trade Hemsky for a pick or prospect but if he is a package to get a top 3 D-man, I'd have to make that tough decision.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:23 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
With Whitney and Khabby coming off the books that will cover the raises that Hall, Eberle and Gagner get next year.
Yeah except you need to replace those 2. Say 1.5-2M for Whitney's replacement, another 1M for Khabby. Your still going to be out roughly 3M.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:47 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Nah apparently we'll get Penner, Garbagekov and Omark to solve our problems.

Old
03-14-2013, 05:48 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
But in all seriousness, I don't think Omark is that big of a downgrade on Hemsky.

Bwahahaha, hilarious. Sorry, i can't make out your point after you said that. My eyes were tearing too much from your humor.

Closed Thread