HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumors and Proposals Vol. 7: "GMs who should be posters"

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Draiskull

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
my idea was Khabi plus a legit prospect for a legit prospect. In my original post, I said that Gardiner's value is much higher than Khabi but it starts the conversation.

A 22 year old dman coming off a serious concussion and playing in the AHL is not an elite level prospect. Gardiner is a good prospect and it will take a good prospect + Khabi to be fair value.
Selling Gardiner short ... His value is a lot higher than Klefbom due to his play in NHL last year and so far in AHL this year.. There is no way TOR trades him for scraps.. Khabi is just that.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
ChadSC
SportingCharts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos View Post
You're looking at something like Eberle for Gardiner, no matter how much time he spent in the AHL this year. Don't see it happening.
Not even a chance. He was traded along with Lupul for François Beauchemin - has he really exceeded expectations since being in the Leafs organization? His value isn't near Eberle who has three seasons under his belt at 0.8 PPG.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:16 AM
McCanovin
1% is the new 11.5%

For Gardiner, I would trade Nick Schultz+2nd rounder+ one of Pitlick, Hamilton, Martindale. If you could have a top pairing of Gardiner+Schultz, you do it.

I would try to pry Troy Brouwer out of Washington to pair up with RNH-Eberle.

Hall-Horc-Hemsky
Brouwer-RNH-Eberle
MPS-Gagner-Yakupov

Would offer Oilers 2014 1st + Omark

Old
03-13-2013, 11:22 AM
doulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSC View Post
Not even a chance. He was traded along with Lupul for François Beauchemin - has he really exceeded expectations since being in the Leafs organization? His value isn't near Eberle who has three seasons under his belt at 0.8 PPG.
I "personally" don't think he's worth Eberle either, but his value in Toronto is through the roof and that's range you'd be looking at to pick him up.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
Draiskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
For Gardiner, I would trade Nick Schultz+2nd rounder+ one of Pitlick, Hamilton, Martindale. If you could have a top pairing of Gardiner+Schultz, you do it.

I would try to pry Troy Brouwer out of Washington to pair up with RNH-Eberle.

Hall-Horc-Hemsky
Brouwer-RNH-Eberle
MPS-Gagner-Yakupov

Would offer Oilers 2014 1st + Omark
Brouwer is another RW... seems like a lot of RWer on the market that we can use..

Brouwer, Stafford, Stewart

Old
03-13-2013, 11:34 AM
McOilbleeder
We are all Kloppites

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Brouwer is another RW... seems like a lot of RWer on the market that we can use..

Brouwer, Stafford, Stewart
Brouwer played LW with the Blackhawks IIRC.

03-13-2013, 11:34 AM
BowDangles

Thinking about it a little more, I think the Oilers need to make a big push for Gardiner. Having him and Shultz as our future D would fit perfectly with our age group of forwards, plus it would most likely make Shultz a happier guy, maybe even take him out of his offensive slump.

What about a package like Hemsky, any OKC dman, and a 2013 second?

Old
03-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
Luongo has negative trade value with the new cba. His contract is a time bomb for any team trading for him, that is why he hasn't been moved.
Goaltending is the biggest issue for the Leafs right now. If they don't address this, they probably don't make the playoffs. They are a pretty good team with bad goaltending.
No he hasn't been moved because Vancouver is in a position right now where they don't need to move him until the off-season at the earliest since Schneider has proven to be a head case too.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Draiskull

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowDangles View Post
Thinking about it a little more, I think the Oilers need to make a big push for Gardiner. Having him and Shultz as our future D would fit perfectly with our age group of forwards, plus it would most likely make Shultz a happier guy, maybe even take him out of his offensive slump.

What about a package like Hemsky, any OKC dman, and a 2013 second?
doesnt fill any holes on TOR lineup...

Would do : Hemsky+Khabi for Luongo
Then: Dubnyk for Gardiner + one of TOR goalies (whichever is worse)

Old
03-13-2013, 11:40 AM
AimsforGenji

I don't think you use Khabibulin as the focal point in the Gardiner trade.

I think something around swapping our 1st and Edmonton adding a 2nd and Khabibulin for Gardiner is feasible.

TO gets a potentially high 1st to address their C needs if they can't obtain one any other way, they get a 2nd and Khabibulin to help em for the season. Edm still has a 1st which has potential to be a mid ranger if TO slumps.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
BowDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
No he hasn't been moved because Vancouver is in a position right now where they don't need to move him until the off-season at the earliest since Schneider has proven to be a head case too.
I hope teams look at their situation as a position of weakness for them and don't give up a ton to acquire one of their goalies.

If they can't move one of the two they have a TON of money committed to just goaltenders. Teams need to keep this is mind and not give up the world for Luongo or Schnieder.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
Draiskull

Quote:
I hope teams look at their situation as a position of weakness for them and don't give up a ton to acquire one of their goalies.

If they can't move one of the two they have a TON of money committed to just goaltenders. Teams need to keep this is mind and not give up the world for Luongo or Schnieder.
I dont think GMs would care about what VAN has going for them.. They'll use it to negotiate but in the end it is what works for their team.. If the owners can digest Luongo's contract they would make a deal.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:44 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:

Really comes down to how desperate a GM is and all it takes is one.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:17 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
I have no interest in moving Paajarvi . He's really starting to look good and besides, I am sure TO would want other pieces. I would try to do something around Hemsky + Smid + Conditional pick if Smid doesn't re-sign for Gardiner + Kulemin.

But like I said before, I don't think TO even considers moving him. Nonnis pretty much said their youth wasn't on the table when he took over.
Nice looking proposal s7ark. I haven't watched enough of Kulemin to know his strengths/weaknesses, is he a good skater? RNH and Eberle absolutely need a good skating LW on their line.

03-13-2013, 01:22 PM
McCupofOil
Save Us McJesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Nice looking proposal s7ark. I haven't watched enough of Kulemin to know his strengths/weaknesses, is he a good skater? RNH and Eberle absolutely need a good skating LW on their line.
He skates very well and would be a great fit with RNH and Eberle, i've been advocating for a Kulemin trade for a couple of years now. He had a bit of a flukey offensive season 2 years ago but he's good defensively, can hit and i believe he can PK also. I would probably do Hemsky straight up for him. Would love to have him here.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:23 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

I wouldn't want to get rid of Smid, and it baffles me that N.Shultz has a letter instead of Smid, who is one of the hardest working players on and off the ice and leads by example.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:26 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
I wouldn't want to get rid of Smid, and it baffles me that N.Shultz has a letter instead of Smid, who is one of the hardest working players on and off the ice and leads by example.
I wouldn't want to get rid of Smid either, but he is a UFA at the end of the season. If he won't sign for a reasonable price, moving him in a deal like this would be ideal rather than strictly for picks/prospects that haven't played in the NHL.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Draiskull

Quote:
True.. but... you make this deal .. and overpay for Smid as a UFA in the offseason giving up the conditional pick (not a 1st)..

Giving Smid 5M deal as a UFA is acceptable if it means we land both Kulemin and Gardiner..

Old
03-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Gardiner is a potential game changer, and you have to give to get. If they'd prefer N. Schultz then I'd happily move him instead. Klefbom is a younger version of Smid with more offense, Gardiner is more like J. Schultz except IMO not as talented but more physical and has a better slapper.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:32 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
He skates very well and would be a great fit with RNH and Eberle, i've been advocating for a Kulemin trade for a couple of years now. He had a bit of a flukey offensive season 2 years ago but he's good defensively, can hit and i believe he can PK also. I would probably do Hemsky straight up for him. Would love to have him here.
Yup as CupofOil said, he's a strong skater and he's solid defensively too. He's averaging over 2min/game on the PK so he can do that too.

I definitely wouldn't do Hemsky straight up because Kulemin's scoring is pretty suspect, but he'd be a solid top 9 addition. But if we added Smid and they added Gardiner, then we're talking.

Sure would suck to lose Smid though. But since we haven't even started talking to him about an extension yet, perhaps the Oilers don't feel the same about him as I do. And hey, if TO can't sign him, we give them the pick and try to get him back ourselves

Old
03-13-2013, 01:34 PM
stoff

There is quite a bit of talk that LA and Buff are close to a deal. The names brought up so far are Regehr, Stoll, Stafford and Penner. Anybody have thoughts on this??

Old
03-13-2013, 01:36 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Yup as CupofOil said, he's a strong skater and he's solid defensively too. He's averaging over 2min/game on the PK so he can do that too.

I definitely wouldn't do Hemsky straight up because Kulemin's scoring is pretty suspect, but he'd be a solid top 9 addition. But if we added Smid and they added Gardiner, then we're talking.

Sure would suck to lose Smid though. But since we haven't even started talking to him about an extension yet, perhaps the Oilers don't feel the same about him as I do. And hey, if TO can't sign him, we give them the pick and try to get him back ourselves
I think i would do that trade as well. Kulemin and Grabovski have been given extremely difficult match ups and alot of d zone starts and have fared quite well and even outscored Bozak and Kessel 5 v 5.

He would look good on the wing with Ebs and RNH, but i wouldn't give up Hemsky in a one on one trade. I would do that proposed trade tho.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
There is quite a bit of talk that LA and Buff are close to a deal. The names brought up so far are Regehr, Stoll, Stafford and Penner. Anybody have thoughts on this??
Big upgrade in size for Buffalo.

I'm not sure it's a great trade for LA.

Old
03-13-2013, 01:39 PM
stoff

Quote:
Big upgrade in size for Buffalo.

I'm not sure it's a great trade for LA.
Just to be clear i don't mean that is the trade i mean those are names brought up as potentially being in a trade(not all of them maybe only 1 of them).

Old
03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
AlowlyMcOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Just to be clear i don't mean that is the trade i mean those are names brought up as potentially being in a trade(not all of them maybe only 1 of them).
Well, either move would be an upgrade in size on the front end: at wing or at centre.

Wish we would go after Stoll

Closed Thread