HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NYR- Chi/ NYR- Mtl

Old
03-12-2013, 01:15 PM
cujo931

vCash: 500
NYR- Chi/ NYR- Mtl

To NYR
Michal Rozsival
4th round pick

To Chi
Brian Boyle

Why: pretty simple, has been mentioned that hawks want 3rd or 4th line centre, while rangers want a right shot dman.
A year ago I would never think the rangers would trade Boyle but he seems to have lost his role.

To NYR
Travis Moen

To Mtl
I guess picks, 3rd and 4th maybe?

Why:
Rangers I guess want some playoff grit, and get that in Moen. Moen apparently has not been the same this year so this move frees up salary in the future while also opens up a roster spot if they acquire a clowe or morrow or both.

cujo931 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:23 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I like Boyle but we're not moving Rozsival. He's too important to the team.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:26 PM
Kwayry

For Boyle, I'd want McNeil from the Hawks. Rangers could have signed Rozsival but didn't.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
For Boyle, I'd want McNeil from the Hawks. Rangers could have signed Rozsival but didn't.
They tried to. He chose the Hawks.

Old
03-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

Habs may do that deal, depending on if we can replace his spot on the fourth line. Moen's struggled because Prust has essentially took his role on the team and done a better job. I'd imagine if a deal gets done, it'll be in addition to Montreal picking up a heavy hitter for the 4th line.

Captain Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 01:59 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
Habs may do that deal, depending on if we can replace his spot on the fourth line. Moen's struggled because Prust has essentially took his role on the team and done a better job. I'd imagine if a deal gets done, it'll be in addition to Montreal picking up a heavy hitter for the 4th line.
Bingo. As you say the Habs won't move Moen unless they pick up a grittier 4th line forward in another move.

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Pepin le bref

On NYR Montreal trade:

Value looks OK and it is true that Moen has been under-performing this year, however, Habs don't have great depth in the AHL and Moen fills a huge need in the sandpaper department. If anything, Habs may be looking to add another gritty player.

Beside, Moen is a nice player to have during the playoffs and I don't think the Habs are interested in beefing up any team in the East for a playoff push.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:05 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I like Boyle but we're not moving Rozsival. He's too important to the team.
No prob, no Roszi redux to Rangers.

We are interested, however, in Dylan Olsen, who isn't cracking your lineup this year, it seems. Pls see my next post.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

Moen for Boyle + 4th.

Both could use a change in scenery.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:06 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo931 View Post
To NYR
Michal Rozsival
4th round pick

To Chi
Brian Boyle

Why: pretty simple, has been mentioned that hawks want 3rd or 4th line centre, while rangers want a right shot dman.
A year ago I would never think the rangers would trade Boyle but he seems to have lost his role.

To NYR
Travis Moen

To Mtl

Why:
Rangers I guess want some playoff grit, and get that in Moen. Moen apparently has not been the same this year so this move frees up salary in the future while also opens up a roster spot if they acquire a clowe or morrow or both.
They would rather pick up Clowe or Morrow themselves.
Moen's terms are little too rich. caphit for 4 years + picks? no thanks.
Btw, the Rangers do not have a 4th rd pick this year and in this deep draft I'd take my chances keeping the 3rd rounder.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:07 PM
GaryU

Hawks are looking for a 2nd line C, so they can move Bolland back to 3rd...Roszival's played pretty well..

GaryU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Would rather keep Rozy for the playoffs, than having Boyle. Good proposal though.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:08 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
They tried to. He chose the Hawks.
That would have been an amusing turn of events.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:09 PM
TheRightWay

Rozsival was an absolute disaster in Torts' system the first time around. I don't see what would change with him being older and slower. Definitely not moving Boyle for him.

TheRightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Sarava

Rozsival has fit in like a glove. The Hawks are not moving him. I hope they extend him before long.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:16 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
I wouldn't turn down Boyle for McNeil 1 for 1, even though, God forbid, all the people who say win now, now, now would have a kinniption (sp?), McNeil may not help til end of the year or next.

No the deal I've pushed for a year and half, which was mostly approved, though barely because last year CBH D was off and Olsen thought to be in Windy City this year, the deal which now looks a go go is:

Brian Boyle + Christian Thomas
for
Dylan Olsen + Mark McNeil

Boyle, obviously, is the 3-4 C w/physical play helping shutdown.
Thomas is legacy, son of former Hawk/TML Steve T. , he is true boom-bust legit skill in Marty St. Louis mold. Slightly undersized. Legit skill, speed. Should make it at min as 4th W, maybe 3rd. Possible upside to go further.

Olsen is former late first, could compete for 3rd pair rangers now, compete for 4th D down the road if deals are made.
McNeil a mid first basic skills not a gimme at this point but shows reasonable chance to advance eventually.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:17 PM
digdug41982

What's wrong with Olsen for Boyle more or less straight up? We could add a pick or midlevel prospect if needed but I think Olsen would be a good fit in Torts' system.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:19 PM
backofthenet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo931 View Post
To NYR
Michal Rozsival
4th round pick

To Chi
Brian Boyle

To NYR
Travis Moen

To Mtl

Why:
Boyle is worth the 4th alone....maybe a 3rd.

backofthenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:20 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepin le bref View Post
On NYR Montreal trade:

Value looks OK and it is true that Moen has been under-performing this year, however, Habs don't have great depth in the AHL and Moen fills a huge need in the sandpaper department. If anything, Habs may be looking to add another gritty player.

Beside, Moen is a nice player to have during the playoffs and I don't think the Habs are interested in beefing up any team in the East for a playoff push.
Prefer the other deal, expanded, for Boyle.
Would consider Moen, but not sure you want to move at this time w/o overpay, not sure that's possible for NY now.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:25 PM
ck20

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Why would the Hawks move a recent 1st round pick from a year ago (McNeil just turned 20 not a month ago) for a 4th line grinder? Is he already a bust or has the organization soured on him that much since he was drafted?

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 02:27 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Why would the Hawks move a recent 1st round pick from a year ago (McNeil just turned 20 not a month ago) for a 4th line grinder? Is he already a bust or has the organization soured on him that much since he was drafted?
No, the value is off. McNeill is worth more. Olsen, on the other hand, is a guy you could probably get for someone like Boyle. I just don't think Olsen fits in this system because skating isn't his strong suit. On a team like the Rangers though, his skills could be fully used.

Old
03-12-2013, 02:28 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
What's wrong with Olsen for Boyle more or less straight up? We could add a pick or midlevel prospect if needed but I think Olsen would be a good fit in Torts' system.
now that you guys agree you can spare him (not the case last year), nothing.
Of the 2 I'd take Olsen.
However, since McNeil is buried behind Saad, etc., I thought I see if we can make it worth your while on a two-fer.

McNeil has more overall upside than Thomas ordinarily, but Thomas has skills that he has outside chance to be special player --- maybe not Marty St. Louis, but possibly Marty St. Louis lite.

Hawks can afford to take the chance.
Rangers would be better off with the middle of the road in McNeil.
I wouldn't push this, except we're a little thin at the moment in pivot, and we are coughing up Boyle. McNeil would provide emergency insurance for playoffs in case of injury.

So yes, Olsen for Boyle.
But pls advise if reasonable tweaking would include McNeil for Thomas if you want to be opportunistic [which I don't begrudge you within reason, btw]...

Old
03-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
Boyle gives you more than that.
He kills penalties, blocks shots, 57% FO, is trusted late in games to protect leads.

Edit: The above mentioned skills are valuable but more so in the playoffs. As he has proven last year, he shows up for the playoffs.

Old
03-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
So yes, Olsen for Boyle.
But pls advise if reasonable tweaking would include McNeil for Thomas if you want to be opportunistic [which I don't begrudge you within reason, btw]...
No interest in Thomas. We already have Kane and Hossa as our two pretty special RWs.

Personally, I don't have a serious interest in Boyle either, but I'd still do Boyle for Olsen. Olsen's going to get blocked out by the defensive logjam whereas Boyle can contribute right now.

It might even stop the complaining about the Hawks' faceoffs and physical play, but I know that's just wishful thinking.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 03:12 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

I wouldn't deal Moen for a pick... yet. He still represents an element the Habs need... just they need him playing better than he has so far this year. We can afford to wait and see if he ramps up his game. Granted, an offer may not be there later if he doesn't. But that's the difference between the team approaching the deadline in 1st place and approaching the deadline in 12th place, more incentive to just wait him out, picks are devalued accordingly.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote