HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[OTT/MIN] Senators trade a 6th round pick in 2014 for Matt Kassian.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:49 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Its a trap

vCash: 500
With the Bruins coming to town on Thursday I'd guess that he'll be in the lineup again. See what he can do against them and we'll have a better idea if he can be a regular. If he can some how take a Lucic or McQuaid off the ice for 5 minutes, that would be a big plus in my books.

He's been solid thus far in essentially less than 4 minutes a game. I'm not sold either way whether he can take a regular shift or not but I like what I've seen so far. He certainly isn't scared of going to the net which is a big plus. He deserves a couple weeks at least to get comfortable with the team and systems.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
With the Bruins coming to town on Thursday I'd guess that he'll be in the lineup again. See what he can do against them and we'll have a better idea if he can be a regular. If he can some how take a Lucic or McQuaid off the ice for 5 minutes, that would be a big plus in my books.

He's been solid thus far in essentially less than 4 minutes a game. I'm not sold either way whether he can take a regular shift or not but I like what I've seen so far. He certainly isn't scared of going to the net which is a big plus. He deserves a couple weeks at least to get comfortable with the team and systems.
He's looked really good actually considering what he is...aside from that one goal against where the whole team broke down, and it was just one of those goals that was a huge screen and could have gone in against anyone.

His Corsi On is +45.43 right now...that's double Karlsson's. He almost exclusively starts in the offensive zone, and looks really good standing in front of the net and actually showed some pretty good hand-eye and a lot of physicality while not being lost defensively.

I really want to see what effect Kassian has on the game against Boston...he can probably take anyone on their team (he's beaten Lucic before) so I doubt that the Bruins are going to be as dominant physically as they normally are.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2013, 08:53 PM
swiftwin
#lalala

His face when he scored was epic. You can tell he doesn't score often.

swiftwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Dave Sparky Allison
2-22-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Bros 2426 View Post
Wings fan coming in peace.

Will Kassian be a regular in Ottawa's lineup for the rest of the season? Or 13th forward?

He seems to have made a good impression with his goal against the Isles.
He probably won't play every night, but he will be in the lineup against the tougher teams like Boston and Philly.

Dave Sparky Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:20 PM
bsfanincuse

Send a message via ICQ to bsfanincuse Send a message via AIM to bsfanincuse
This is going to be the most underrated trades and probably best trade for the sens. Kassian adds toughness and allows Neil to focus on his offensive game. The Kelly accident was that an accident Neil isn't that type of player. And we know he felt bad. Good luck but not too much luck lol

bsfanincuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 03:34 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsfanincuse View Post
This is going to be the most underrated trades and probably best trade for the sens. Kassian adds toughness and allows Neil to focus on his offensive game. The Kelly accident was that an accident Neil isn't that type of player. And we know he felt bad. Good luck but not too much luck lol
Your name should be bsfanincuseAlwaysKnows

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:13 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Its a trap

I didn't think this would be the case but he could be a great player to have in a 7 game series. He's been punishing the other team's D so far. His skating is definitely up to par for this role. Really liking this move.

Murray's last few acquisitions have won me over in Turris, Methot and Kassian. If we get a new home or away sweater, I want 7 in the back.

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
yoplait

I was a sceptic of the move at first, but his play so far has made me change my mind. I don't feel he's been a liability on the ice, and he embraces his role perfectly. Very happy he is a senator at the moment.

yoplait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Hale The Villain

He can be molded into a player. His presence on the ice is very noticeable through his size and physicality. Teach him proper defensive positioning and we got a valuable player.

Hale The Villain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:32 PM
The Waffler
Registered Offender

vCash: 50
I've liked what I've seen so far. A lot.

The Waffler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:42 PM
Abattoir

He's fit in seamlessly and does his role very well. The players, from Neil to the youngsters seem to like his presence. Can't ask for much more than that, he could still be a difference maker in the end.

Abattoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

He's been kasstastic.

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 05:52 PM
SpezzaFanatic

Seems like a great deal right now by Murray, having Kassian to protect the young guys is well worth giving up a 6th rounder. Impressed with his fight today, guys a beast.

Dave

SpezzaFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:00 PM
mcnorth

I wanted a tough guy. We got a tough guy. And when it was 4-0 I thought, "this is why we need a tough guy." We needed a tough guy to make the rest of the game a hockey game and not a cheap shot fest. So glad to have him on the 4th line. And he looked just fine, finished a few checks, and played a good game. Looked solid in that fight, too (wasn't too worried about getting hit, though - that always scares me - I like when our guys fight like Methot did - just make sure you don't get hit)

mcnorth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 06:05 PM
KarlSen
EK65

Neat hand switch during the fight. Looked comfortable hitting lefty or right.

KarlSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 07:19 PM
DJB

vCash: 1100
If he keeps working on his game and especially his skating, he could really be a solid 4th liner.

DJB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 08:58 PM
OttawaSenators11
#25 FTW

Kassian will really show his worth vs the Leafs when he's going to have to deal with the likes of Orr and Mclaren.

Nice little warm up with Crombeen.

OttawaSenators11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Ron Jeremy

But, but, but, we could have drafted Stone or Alfredsson with that 6th rounder. LOL

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:04 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

Unbelievable how much of a presence this team has become with him in the line-up.

Usually the camera would zoom in on Neil on the bench whenever something happened on the ice that required some sort of "answer."

Now, they zoom in on Neil and Kassian standing next to each other looking like a pair from hell.

That look alone makes the trade an utter success for me.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Jeremy View Post
But, but, but, we could have drafted Stone or Alfredsson with that 6th rounder. LOL
I dont get wats funny about that.

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:15 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

Fantastic trade. The well-being of the youngins is definitely worth a 6th rounder.

Midas0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Dampland

Glad to see Kass getting the deserving love from Sens fans. Wild fans LOVED Kass, and are so happy to see him getting a fresh chance to play in the NHL.

Kassian is the ultimate team player,, he knows his role, and will protect his teammates with no hesitation. (and he is an amazingly good fighter) The great thing is, he is NOT some chippy goon, so he doesn't get many penalties unless they involve protecting team members.

And he can score once in a while, just plop him in front and feed him.

If you haven't see him interviewed, you'll be in for a treat. He is a very, very smart man, well spoken and well read. Also good sense of humor. Not as goofy as Konopka, but LOVED in the lockerroom.

If you asked 100 Wild fans, I'd saying 99 of us would say we are sorry to see him traded, but very happy he gets a chance to play regular with the Sens. (Glad he was traded out of the Western conference.)

Wishing Kass an awesome season & future! (unless playing the Wild)

Dampland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 10:50 AM
guyzeur

what I like about him is when he body checked other players, it's painful for them because he is so heavy.

guyzeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Curtinho
Spero Meliora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I dont get wats funny about that.
It's funny because people act like we gave up a lot for someone that couldn't contribute. When, in fact, getting something with our 6th round pick is highly unlikely and Kassian has contributed quite a bit in the small time he's had with Ottawa.

Curtinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2013, 11:42 AM
mcnorth

If you get a guy in the sixth round who plays thirty games in your organization and makes a contribution during a play-off series... that was a pretty good pick. Fair value is fair value.

mcnorth is online now   Reply With Quote