HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Anaheim after Andy McDonald

Old
03-12-2013, 06:26 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

vCash: 500
Maybe something around Wagner/Maroon?

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:36 PM
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas

vCash: 69
I'd love to get Andy Mac back. But his health is a concern.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:42 PM
NEWFowler
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I'd love to get Andy Mac back. But his health is a concern.
Wasn't Selannes health a concern too?

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
He is an UFA in the summer, his cap hit is irrelevant. Health issues are a pretty legitimate worry, but they aren't going to alter the Blues value of him too much.

It will be a sellers market this year, and the Blues aren't exactly going to be looking to downgrade their roster and help out an Conference rival for a couple of lottery tickets. If the Ducks are willing to give up a nice future piece, then that might change things... otherwise I'd be surprised if there was a deal to be made here.
That really depends on what a "nice future piece" is in your mind. Are we talking Rakell, or Wagner? Lindholm, or Clark?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
I think you would have a better idea than I would. It's just something I'd expect Anaheim to try. Selanne and Andy Mac were terrific together, and it makes sense to try it again. If it doesn't work, well, that's unfortunate, but that still leaves an opportunity for him to play with Selanne, with Bobby Ryan as the pivot. For all I know, that's what Murray and Boudreau have in mind to begin with(assuming the rumor is true).

What do you think he would be worth?
I'm honestly not sure. We've got a very specific set of needs and I'm not sure we'd trade him for picks. I don't think he'll end up getting traded but who knows.

Vladys Gumption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 06:47 PM
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas

Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-McDonald-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Maroon/Etem

Do want.

Quote:
That really depends on what a "nice future piece" is in your mind. Are we talking Rakell, or Wagner? Lindholm, or Clark?
It's gonna take more than an oft injured future UFA to move Lindholm. We might as well say he isn't going anywhere.

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-McDonald-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano

Do want.

It's gonna take more than an oft injured future UFA to move Lindholm. We might as well say he isn't going anywhere.
I agree. That's why I wanted clarification. For that matter, Rakell isn't happening either.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
I'm honestly not sure. We've got a very specific set of needs and I'm not sure we'd trade him for picks. I don't think he'll end up getting traded but who knows.
What are your needs?

Old
03-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Palmieri-Getzlaf-Perry
Ryan-McDonald-Selanne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano

Do want.

There are not many players id put rakell or lindholm in a trade for, and andy isnt on that list.

Getz2perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
What are your needs?
If i recall they needa left handed dmen to play with pietrangelo.

which would lead to someone like Sbisa or lydman mayb

Old
03-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Blue Goose
HFB Partner

Agree with the other Blues fans who would hate to see him traded, but wouldn't be surprised. Many of us are already planning our future team without MacDonald, so if the opportunity presents itself to get a decent prospect + pick, I'd hope Army would listen to offers. The trick is going to be weighing Andy Mac's importance to our playoff push this season (which is great, since he's such a solid playoff performer) vs. long term potential for our core group of players.

I think we keep him BUT I'd have a very hard time saying no if Anaheim offered Rakell and a 2014 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

Blue Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:04 PM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
Maybe something around Wagner/Maroon?
I really have no idea what the Blues would ask for or even what McDonald's value is. Wouldn't be surprised to see Maroon involved though being a local kid and all. But the Blues seem to have moved past the "local kid era" (Janssen, Bishop). So who knows.

As a Blues fan I wouldn't mind this though. McDonald hasn't looked as good this year, and a lot of us presume Schwartz will be taking his spot next season anyways. We have top 9 depth (Perron, Backes, Oshie, Schwartz, Berglund, Stewart, Sobotka, D'Agostini, and Steen and Tarasenko are close to returning). Not to mention Cracknell/Porter who can fill in on the 3rd/4th lines when needed. So I'd be fine if McDonald was available, and Anaheim would be a good landing spot for him.

Not even sure what the Blues would ask for. Dan Winnik interests me but not sure if he's even available since he's having a good year.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:05 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Agree with the other Blues fans who would hate to see him traded, but wouldn't be surprised. Many of us are already planning our future team without MacDonald, so if the opportunity presents itself to get a decent prospect + pick, I'd hope Army would listen to offers. The trick is going to be weighing Andy Mac's importance to our playoff push this season (which is great, since he's such a solid playoff performer) vs. long term potential for our core group of players.

I think we keep him BUT I'd have a very hard time saying no if Anaheim offered Rakell and a 2014 2nd or 3rd rd pick.
No chance

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Blue Goose
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
No chance
My point exactly.

Blue Goose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

Anaheim wants to party like it's 2007

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
What are your needs?
Somebody to play with Petro and a top line center. We'd be looking for a defenseman that plays rock solid defense and can move the puck reasonably well. Somebody like Coburn (not saying we're going after him. Just somebody like him). The number one C is kind of self explanatory. Makes it hard to make a deal.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I really have no idea what the Blues would ask for or even what McDonald's value is. Wouldn't be surprised to see Maroon involved though being a local kid and all. But the Blues seem to have moved past the "local kid era" (Janssen, Bishop). So who knows.

As a Blues fan I wouldn't mind this though. McDonald hasn't looked as good this year, and a lot of us presume Schwartz will be taking his spot next season anyways. We have top 9 depth (Perron, Backes, Oshie, Schwartz, Berglund, Stewart, Sobotka, D'Agostini, and Steen and Tarasenko are close to returning). Not to mention Cracknell/Porter who can fill in on the 3rd/4th lines when needed. So I'd be fine if McDonald was available, and Anaheim would be a good landing spot for him.

Not even sure what the Blues would ask for. Dan Winnik interests me but not sure if he's even available since he's having a good year.
Ya doubt we touch the koivu winnick cogliano line, theyve just been to dominant as a group this season, if we are trading for a player id think wed avoid trying to mess with our core(were currently 2nd in the league).

Old
03-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
My point exactly.
I was sad we traded andy in the first place, if we traded rakell to get him back i think id be even sadder

Old
03-12-2013, 07:09 PM
AvsGuy

Why did they ever trade him for the corpse of Doug Weight in the first place?

AvsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bleedblue1223
Fire Army

vCash: 130
A deal is beyond unlikely. Ducks will sign him in the summer though.

bleedblue1223 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

I don't think Anaheim would be willing to move Rakell straight up for Andy Mac. The organization is in love with him, and sees huge upside.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
A deal is beyond unlikely. Ducks will sign him in the summer though.
Basically were both in Western conference and dont make good trade partners, unless you guys are trying to get something before he becomes a UFA.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Somebody to play with Petro and a top line center. We'd be looking for a defenseman that plays rock solid defense and can move the puck reasonably well. Somebody like Coburn (not saying we're going after him. Just somebody like him). The number one C is kind of self explanatory. Makes it hard to make a deal.
I understand. That would definitely make it tough. The Ducks are obviously not going to move a player like that, given their situation.

Lydman might be an option for that spot on D, or even Sbisa for the right price, but probably not this season.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
I don't think Anaheim would be willing to move Rakell straight up for Andy Mac. The organization is in love with him, and sees huge upside.
I don't think he was either. I may be wrong, but I think he was saying it would take a deal like that for him to want to trade Andy to the ducks.

Old
03-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Nihiliste

I would love to see Mcdonald and Selanne reunited . I hope they can get something done.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote