HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim after Andy McDonald

Old
03-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say that Andy Mac is more valuable to STL than Lydman is to ANA, is that fair? As such, I don't think a 1-for-1 trade with those two would really be in STL's best interest.

If the team felt that Lydman (with his expiring contract) was the perfect partner for Petro and wanted to make a run for the Cup this year, they would likely hold onto Andy for the playoffs and offer the Ducks a 3rd round pick for Lydman.

If the team was interested in trading away Andy Mac, it would tell me that they were looking to the future, and would rather have prospects/picks than a pending UFA.

Make sense? I could see STL making a stab at Lydman as a UFA this summer though.
I don't think it'd be 1-for-1, but if you're St.Louis, you can't look at who's more valuable to his respective team, you have to look at who'd be more valuable to the Blues. Andy Mac's role there does seem to be limited, and Lydman seems like a guy who would fit in nicely. Tough call, though.

And, if the Blues really thought that highly of Lydman, that would be a stupid way of going about it. Anaheim's the second best team in the league and is actually catching a team that just set a record for best start in modern history, do you really think they'd trade a player, even a bottom pairing defenseman, for a mid-round pick?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:07 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
If I had to guess, I'd say that Andy Mac is more valuable to STL than Lydman is to ANA, is that fair? As such, I don't think a 1-for-1 trade with those two would really be in STL's best interest.

If the team felt that Lydman (with his expiring contract) was the perfect partner for Petro and wanted to make a run for the Cup this year, they would likely hold onto Andy for the playoffs and offer the Ducks a 3rd round pick for Lydman.

If the team was interested in trading away Andy Mac, it would tell me that they were looking to the future, and would rather have prospects/picks than a pending UFA.

Make sense? I could see STL making a stab at Lydman as a UFA this summer though.
I don't see any evidence that the coach or anyone else has problems with Lydman.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

After watching Allen tonight, I'd say he's the one who might be moved. Defense was just awful tonight, and its been very solid last few games with out him. I wouldn't be suprised to see Lydman extended. Allen is odd man out IMO.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:39 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
After watching Allen tonight, I'd say he's the one who might be moved. Defense was just awful tonight, and its been very solid last few games with out him. I wouldn't be suprised to see Lydman extended. Allen is odd man out IMO.
Yeah, other than a blocked shot, he was awful tonight.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:41 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
Elliott isnt getting paid that much, we could either bury him or buy out his contract. Some teams may even take a shot on him on waivers. Im not saying this is going to happen, but Hitch has made it clear that the hot goalie is going to start, and Elliott has been the guy not dressing. He is definitely the odd man out at the moment.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:43 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Elliott isnt getting paid that much, we could either bury him or buy out his contract. Some teams may even take a shot on him on waivers. Im not saying this is going to happen, but Hitch has made it clear that the hot goalie is going to start, and Elliott has been the guy not dressing. He is definitely the odd man out at the moment.

Um... I don't.. Well... What?

I'm talking about Allen from Ducks bud.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:10 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Rakell was a 1st round pick, and has done nothing to lose value since being drafted. He went #30 overall, but in hindsight I think he should have been picked a few spots earlier. I doubt the Blues could ask for a 1st, let alone Rakell + a 2nd or 3rd, for a pending UFA who is likely one concussion away from retirement. Andy McDonald is my favourite player, but imo Allen or Lydman + a 2nd should work if the Blues want help on the blueline.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:16 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
Bryan Allen, not Jake.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
I don't think it'd be 1-for-1, but if you're St.Louis, you can't look at who's more valuable to his respective team, you have to look at who'd be more valuable to the Blues. Andy Mac's role there does seem to be limited, and Lydman seems like a guy who would fit in nicely. Tough call, though.

While the Blues may not be cup favorites this year, mostly due to injury and early goalie play. I can't see a situation where the Blues would move a solid player like McDonald to a team that is in the Western Conference. That is beyond idiocy. Why Make the Ducks better when you will likely have to go through them if you want to take a shot at the cup. (And yes, everyteam that makes the playoffs is looking to go all the way.) This dramatically improves the Ducks chances to win the cup this year and actually lowers the Blues chances.

And, if the Blues really thought that highly of Lydman, that would be a stupid way of going about it. Anaheim's the second best team in the league and is actually catching a team that just set a record for best start in modern history, do you really think they'd trade a player, even a bottom pairing defenseman, for a mid-round pick?
That is a big if. Ask yourself a question, are their players simular to Lydman that will be available at the deadline from a team out of the playoff race. (Answer is yes and they will not cost Andy McDonald, but more likely a draft pick).

I see no reason for the Blues to move McDonald, take away team depth, to help the Ducks out. Lydman isn't the answer for the Blues on defense, but McDonald is a big help for the Ducks. Honestly, short term help on D isn't needed. The top pairing guy is more of a WISH then a need - and there is no way McDonald would bring that back in trade. Jackman has looked very good playing with Pie. Redden has been playing well also with Shatty.

This is kind of a no kidding article. Does it actually shock anyone posting in this thread that the Ducks would like to have McDonald back. But, if they need to get him this year, they will need to make an offer that meets the Blues needs to make a serious run during the playoffs - which defeats the purpose of bringing in McDonald in the first place.

Finally, ask yourself a question, when was the last time a two teams with legit cup aspiration that year made a trade during the season - let alone when they are in the same conference.

Last edited by Frenzy1: 03-13-2013 at 08:25 AM.
Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
I love Andy Mac and I would kill to have him back.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:41 AM
taylord22

The premium for Amac might be going up if Oshie is out for an extended period of time.

This is either going to be a hockey trade, or no trade. The Blues have no reason to be sellers.

taylord22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 09:58 AM
MidgetMyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
The Islanders should trade for Andy McDonald so they can screw up announcers by having Andrew MacDonald, Andy McDonald and Colin McDonald.

I remember a game a couple years back between the Islanders and Blues where Andy and Andrew both had 2 goals each. lol
as if Butch Goring isn't senile enough

MidgetMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Exit Dose

As much as I would love to have Andy back, if the price to get him is youth, no sale and a polite wish of good luck to the Blues.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:07 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
The cap
This.

Anyway, You can sign Andy Mac this summer if you like, a trade very unlikely. Plus the Ducks have their own Elite UFA to deal with : Getzlaf ( signed ) and Perry ( unsigned ) core players. On being a 2nd seed? The Blues have been there last year. Seeding does not matter once the Playoffs start, ( see 2012 8 seed and neighbor Kings winning it all last season ) it's who is playing well going into the playoffs. Good Luck.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 10:50 AM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
The Ducks need to upgrade the 2nd line center spot before the deadline, and this is no surprise. McDonald was a great player for Anaheim, and Murray/Burke are well familiar with him. He has a NTC though, but the way Anaheim and St. Louis are playing so far this season maybe he would consider waiving it. He has gotten a reduced role with the Blues this season too.
Hard to have an important role while on the IR.

But seriously no he hasnt had a reduced role, played on the second line with a ton of PP time.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 11:18 AM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 349
We are going to move him unless its for something that improves our team right now, dont see a trade between two playoff teams happening.

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
That really depends on what a "nice future piece" is in your mind. Are we talking Rakell, or Wagner? Lindholm, or Clark?
Why would we even offer anything substantial for him? If he's UFA this summer lets just sign him in the offseason. It's simple

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:58 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Why would we even offer anything substantial for him? If he's UFA this summer lets just sign him in the offseason. It's simple
I don't think a trade will happen, but I bet he signs with the Ducks in the offseason.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:00 PM
Honour Over Glory

I thought Andy retired because of too many injuries.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
I don't think a trade will happen, but I bet he signs with the Ducks in the offseason.
Exactly people spreading rumors of a trade for Mac is silly. We're the 2nd best team in the west. Just sign em in the offseason. Totally agree Blue.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:03 PM
stlblues9

vCash: 9062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gliff View Post
I love Andy Mac and I would kill to have him back.
I highly doubt you would kill someone before trading Bobby Ryan so lets get this deal done.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:05 PM
AnaheimGuy
Couch GM

I would love to see Andy back in Anaheim. Anaheim tends to bring the best of players, look at what it has done for Winnik's game. I was worried when we picked him up but now I think hes a good solid player. Souray is another good example, the last few years he hasnt been all that good but since coming to the Ducks his play has improved.

Maybe we can trade Lovejoy? For some reason I cant stand the guy.

AnaheimGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:06 PM
Gliff
Kesbae

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
I highly doubt you would kill someone before trading Bobby Ryan so lets get this deal done.
Depends on who the person is

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPaste View Post
We are going to move him unless its for something that improves our team right now, dont see a trade between two playoff teams happening.
Exactly this rumor is probably false I doubt Murray has even posted interest in a Mac trade for Anaheim.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post
Rakell was a 1st round pick, and has done nothing to lose value since being drafted. He went #30 overall, but in hindsight I think he should have been picked a few spots earlier. I doubt the Blues could ask for a 1st, let alone Rakell + a 2nd or 3rd, for a pending UFA who is likely one concussion away from retirement. Andy McDonald is my favourite player, but imo Allen or Lydman + a 2nd should work if the Blues want help on the blueline.
Lydman + 2nd for Andy Mac? He's UFA and likely to sign with us this offseason you know he is UFA right? Holy overpayment batman!