HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Miller on trading block (Millard - Tampa Bay inquiring)

Old
03-13-2013, 02:07 PM
Dado

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Personally, I'd take a mid to late 1st and a middling prospect or something for Miller and be fine with it.
IMO that is a poor return. Miller is a very good goalie, and a late-1st pick typically ends up being a 3rd line player.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
As a neutral Isles fan, this is ridiculous and almost laughable. Why not a 2nd + B prospect for Kessel?

Anyways, let's go through the list of teams Miller would not accept a trade to...

Edmonton Oilers
Calgary Flames
New York Islanders
Florida Panthers
Phoenix Coyotes
whom else?
Not sure I'd eliminate Phoenix, as it'd be about as close as he could be to SoCal without going to the Ducks or Kings. The other four I think are correct. I'd add:

Columbus Blue Jackets
Winnipeg Jets

I know he hates the Leafs and their fans, so they may be on the list, but he probably wouldn't have to list them because Regier wouldn't trade him within the division.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:50 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Not sure I'd eliminate Phoenix, as it'd be about as close as he could be to SoCal without going to the Ducks or Kings. The other four I think are correct. I'd add:

Columbus Blue Jackets
Winnipeg Jets

I know he hates the Leafs and their fans, so they may be on the list, but he probably wouldn't have to list them because Regier wouldn't trade him within the division.
I think Jackets are hanging on to Bobo for now. Columbus is 4-5 tears away from contending imo, who knows what level Miller is by then.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:54 PM
MBJets

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Can't imagine that Miller agrees to move to Winnipeg, and I don't think that's particularly good value for the Sabres either.
This is not an upgrade for the Jets Miller is over the hill.

MBJets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Reacher Gilt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I think Jackets are hanging on to Bobo for now. Columbus is 4-5 tears away from contending imo, who knows what level Miller is by then.
This are the directions people think Miller does not want to go.

Reacher Gilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Chicago probably makes the most sense if Buffalo just wants to try something different(or afraid he will leave as a UFA in Summer 2014)

Crawford
1st Rounder
+

for

Miller
+

(Chicago having to sweeten the pot a little)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
I'd like to see him go to Chicago... for a 1st and a couple prospects...

I'd just really like to see him win a Cup... Guy deserves it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
could go to Chicago? trade crawford or Emery?
Hawks are not giving up a 1st round pick for Ryan Miller or much else

Crawford is outplaying him and is half the price

If Hawks wanted Miller then the Sabres would be getting Crawford and low grade junk (Beach) straight up since Hawks would be doing Sabres favor taking on that cap hit at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
To add ...

Buffalo adds Stafford

Chicago adds top prospect on the Icehogs + 2nd rounder
Stafford is awful hockey player and overpaid

He also is not better then Hawks current 3 top 9 RW options (Hossa , Kane and Stalberg)

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 03-13-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:00 PM
sully1410
#VinegarStrokes

vCash: 72
Holy crap its not like Buffalo is so much better then Winnipeg guys. Location has very little to do with trade selection. I imagine it has a lot to do with how the team is run and how close it is to contention, that kind of thing.

You only spend home games in your "home" city....and he can spend the off season wherever the **** he want. Other then that, he's on the road.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:15 PM
Karate Johnson*
Zemgus is my Copilot

Of he ha played in Winnipeg for 8 years he would probably have Buffalo on his no trade list.

Karate Johnson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
La Cosa Nostra
Caporegime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

He also is not better then Hawks current 3 top 9 RW options (Hossa , Kane and Stalberg)
. Stalberg is not better then stafford. Tell me when Stalberg scores 30 goals. Stafford the last 2 seasons has more goals then Stalberg has in his career.

Stafford >>>> Stalberg

Last edited by La Cosa Nostra: 03-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.
La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:28 PM
MayDayMayDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Crawford is outplaying him and is half the price

If Hawks wanted Miller then the Sabres would be getting Crawford and low grade junk (Beach) straight up since Hawks would be doing Sabres favor taking on that cap hit at this point

This is just plain incorrect. I'm a Sabres fan living in Central IL, I get to watch the Hawks nearly every game. Corey Crawford AND Ray Emery are the beneficiaries of the best blue line and own zone defensive unit in the NHL. Ryan Miller behind that unit would be way better than either of them, and you know it.

And it's not about doing anyone any favors. It's about finding a mutually beneficial solution. You're a Cup favorite w/ a need at goaltending b/c regardless of what you want to believe, you haven't just magically struck gold w/ two guys who prior to finding themselves in this set of circumstances, were career backups. We're a young team on the cusp of rebuilding. We have a world class goalie we'd be open to moving, and you have young pieces that would assist in our rebuild. Let's find some reasonable middle ground.

That said, here is my proposal:

Buffalo gets:
Hjalmarsson
Saad
Pirri
1st

Chicago gets:
Miller
Stafford

MayDayMayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:40 PM
camcool21

I say go full rebuild.

Buffalo:
- Miller
- Stafford

Other Team:
- 3 first round picks
- raw prospect that Buffalo scouts like

camcool21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Damon View Post
I don't know, the Blues have a ton of depth on the wings so I can't see Stafford being of much interest to them. Not sure where he would fit. But as I say I'm not a Blues fan so no clue what they want or don't want I just think Miller would be a good fit.
Blues have no need for Stafford, you nailed it.

Schwartz will replace UFA and Injury prone, 35 years old, falling off a cliff Andy Mac next season. Jaden isn't going anywhere.

Miller to Blues for Halak, Choice of 1 2nd in 2013( Blues have own and Ottowa's in Ben Bishop trade )

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Bluesman91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue1967 View Post
Blues have no need for Stafford, you nailed it.

Schwartz will replace UFA and Injury prone, 35 years old, falling off a cliff Andy Mac next season. Jaden isn't going anywhere.

Miller to Blues for Halak, Choice of 1 2nd in 2013( Blues have own and Ottowa's in Ben Bishop trade )
That I would like. I don't see us trading any of our roster players other than if Armstrong has a replacement set up if McDonald were to be traded away. That said I wouldn't mind moving Halak+futures for an upgrade in net.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:33 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Judging by this thread I think we will move Luongo for less than BUF will want for Miller and he provides better goaltending for anyone interested in a starting goaltender.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
Judging by this thread I think we will move Luongo for less than BUF will want for Miller and he provides better goaltending for anyone interested in a starting goaltender.
If Luongo didnt have a lifetime left on his contract and instead it ended next season or the year after there would be alot more bidding for him. As it is now---obody will touch him.

Maybe there is a way to split him into two separate goalies with two different contracts...the new one i will call the ghost. they trade the real one and keep the ghost one. After the season the ghost one gets the mulligan move.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Flukeshot
Hextall Activate!

vCash: 1100
I don't usually partake in trade proposals, but however unlikely it is, I'd be interested to see something like:

To PHI : Miller, Myers, Hecht
To BUF: Bryz and Couturier

Plus whatever evens it out

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordie View Post
Winnipeg Jets? This is where San Jose or Vancouver needs to step in to upgrade or change the overall outlook of their goaltending, but in the end Buffalo probably trades with Detroit.
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Miller is still a more moveable piece compared to Luongo though IMO given that he'll come cheap and the term of his deal is shorter (only another year or two left I believe)
Actually I think Luongo will come cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
If Luongo didnt have a lifetime left on his contract and instead it ended next season or the year after there would be alot more bidding for him. As it is now---obody will touch him.

Maybe there is a way to split him into two separate goalies with two different contracts...the new one i will call the ghost. they trade the real one and keep the ghost one. After the season the ghost one gets the mulligan move.
The contract isn't nearly as bad as it is made up to be, and Millers contract might work against him aswell, after this year he only has one year left, and I don't think he or Luongo will be moved until the offseason, so next year he will be a rental. I don't think that will offer the kind of return Buffalo is looking for.

Luongo's contract is longer, and he will bring great goaltending till he retires, then at that point there will be a pretty small cap penalty (2 million) for around 2 years (projecting when he will retire) And in the meantime the team gets elite goaltending at a fantastic cap hit. (5.3)

Really I don't see how it is as bad as people are making it out to be, and as I said I think at this point we won't be as demanding with what we want in return.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:49 PM
5 Minute Major

vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post
I don't usually partake in trade proposals, but however unlikely it is, I'd be interested to see something like:

Come on, now.

Regier makes that trade and he would be lynched.

5 Minute Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Flukeshot
Hextall Activate!

vCash: 1100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Come on, now.

Regier makes that trade and he would be lynched.
I'm not trying to say its fair value. It's only what I'd like to see as a core to a trade. I am sure picks and prospects need to be added but don't care to do so myself.

Flukeshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:42 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flukeshot View Post

Counter:
Bryzgalov + Couturier for Miller + Ennis..And I guess Hecht if you want him to eat some of Couturier's minutes.

Contracts and all considered Miller>>Bryz. Balance it out with Ennis<<Couturier (at least IMO...People who like dangles a lot will probably disagree).
I think Philly would have to add to Couturier to pry Myers out of Buffalo, so Miller/Myers/Hecht is a no go from Buffalo's perspective, I think.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
. Stalberg is not better then stafford. Tell me when Stalberg scores 30 goals. Stafford the last 2 seasons has more goals then Stalberg has in his career.

Stafford >>>> Stalberg
Stalberg has looked much better then Stafford this season and last year (Played as well as Stafford with less ice time and with very little PP time)

Players past accomplihsments from a few years back mean very little ,, As of right now Stafford is playing horrible and is not improvement over Stalberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeurekasky View Post
This is just plain incorrect. I'm a Sabres fan living in Central IL, I get to watch the Hawks nearly every game. Corey Crawford AND Ray Emery are the beneficiaries of the best blue line and own zone defensive unit in the NHL. Ryan Miller behind that unit would be way better than either of them, and you know it.

And it's not about doing anyone any favors. It's about finding a mutually beneficial solution. You're a Cup favorite w/ a need at goaltending b/c regardless of what you want to believe, you haven't just magically struck gold w/ two guys who prior to finding themselves in this set of circumstances, were career backups. We're a young team on the cusp of rebuilding. We have a world class goalie we'd be open to moving, and you have young pieces that would assist in our rebuild. Let's find some reasonable middle ground.

Buffalo gets:
Hjalmarsson
Saad
Pirri
1st

Chicago gets:
Miller
Stafford
Counter offer

Sabres get
Crawford
Pirri

Hawks get
Miller
Hodgson

Looks about as fair as your offer

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
#Chychrun2016

vCash: 50
Miller to Toronto for Kostka?

81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:24 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

It's amazing how many posters in this thread OBVIOUSLY have not seen the Sabres play in the last year....very obvious.

First thing, this thread should be about Miller, not Stafford. In my opinion, Stafford taints every proposal that's been made in this thread. His contract/cap hit/play makes no sense to add into almost every proposal, he's a negative to each proposal and should be dealt with in a seperate deal. Agreed?

To most of the Edmonton fans.....

Someone posted a proposal that included Miller and Pominville. I admit I don't watch a lot of Edmonton but if you could pull a deal off getting Miller and Pomms without loosing one of your recent #1's or Schultz, I believe your team jumps into the Western Confrence top tier. One of the things about a young team of stars, is that they lack an identity, leaders, etc. I don't see anyone on the Oilers that provides that, I DO see a team of quality youngsters. Pomms game would improve your game immensly. Plus, Miller and Pomms immediately makes your 2013 1st meddle of the pack at worst.

I'd say a deal coming from the Sabres to Edmonton, which makes sense in my head at least....

Miller, Pomms and Leopold.

for

2013 1st
Plus I don't know

I do know that at some point Edmonton needs to stop believeing that "let's put our faith in #1's" and do something to upgrade the team now.... Miller and Pomms are signed for another year, Pomms definetly adds leadership, points, 2 way, plays in all situations ad shows your young guys how to play the game right. You'd give any team in the league a run for their money in a 7 games series.

Leopold is right now a 5-6 d-man but a veteran who would help the rest of the year. UFA at the end of the season.

From Buffalo's POV, if we are dealing Miller and Pomms, we need picks and solid prospects for the future to augment the young nucleous of Myers, Grigengko, Girgenson, Ennis, Foligno and Hogdson. For that reason, I think Gargner would be one piece coming back.

So again, as many, many posters have said, don't just look at the save percentage, Miller's been the only reason we haven't been loosing games 5-1 every night.

As for his "whinning"....are you freaking kidding me, the stereotype of goalies are that they are different breeds. Miller is no exception. Miller is a top 10 goalie in this league, and has been for years. Every year another goalie has a great year and falls off the map but only guys like Henry L, Marty B, Luongo are there year after year. Not picking on Fluery but how hard is it to play behind Crosby and Malkin every game?

Blues: Until this thread, I didn't think of St Louis but they do have forward depth, and a goalie they can trade back and have a Cup contending team, thay might make sense.

Chicago: Yeah, Miller on that team would be dangerous but what team in their right mind would mess with the chemistry of that record setting run. Plus, what would they loose in chemstry and balance to make the trade happen? Too much I think.

Tampa: They are such a top heavy (St Louis, Stamkos, Vinnie) team, what could they possibly give up? Is their defense up for the playoffs? They need a "Pronger" or how Boyle played for them during their Cup run last time before I'd feel they're serious contenders.

Washington: They might make the most sense, if they can put a package together. They do have talent up front to be contenders. Ovie seems to need a spark, and a serious commitment like Miller might give him that. If I were Washington, I'd take a look. Plus, Miller as the face of US Hockey in a huge national market as DC could do wonders for marketing and excitment worund the team.

LA: Quick...why say more.

Anaheim: Unreal record this year, why mess with that. Maybe over the summer but not now.

Colorado: Maybe a dark horse??? Thay could send a goalie back in Valamarov (sp??? ha) and maybe do a deal with Pomms and Stastny????? Never know there??? Back to ROR over the summer....yes, please?!?!??!?!

Phoenix: Can't see it happening.

San Jose: Here again is a maybe. This team has gone into the playoffs year after year with Cup aspirations, maybe a guy like Miller can get Marleau and Thorton over the hump. On paper doeasn't make sense but mybe in the locker room/on the ice it would stir that team up correctly.

Canucks: Not a chance.

TO: ....no friggin way!!!!

Philly: I guess the best way to put it, you can never say never with them. Hell, they year after year assmeble a hell of a forward corps and forget about the goalie...I think Philly fans know how Miller plays in the playoffs. Miller on the Flyers would be a hell of a team. Would they part with B Schenn or Courtier????? They do have young assets to get a deal don, plus a goalie in return but do we want that goalie contract back???

My guess is that history repeats itself.....Hasek demanded/made the Sabres trade him to Detroit because the Sabres failed to put a team around the all-world goalie, and that same architech has done the same thing with this all-world goalie. I see him ending up in his backyard, the Red Wings and just like Hasek, winning the Cup there.

Last edited by spiny norman: 03-13-2013 at 09:59 PM. Reason: not needed
SabresFanNorthPortFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:37 PM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjeurekasky View Post

Buffalo gets:
Hjalmarsson
Saad
Pirri
1st

Chicago gets:
Miller
Stafford
As a Chicago fan I agree to the first part. Miller is a better goalie than Crawford, no doubt. But Crawford has proven himself to be a starting goaltender in the NHL. His 2010-11 season and the start to this one has proven that.

Also, it is a little about doing Buffalo a favor because Miller wants out and the goalie market is awful. If Buffalo fans think they will get market value for a Vezina winning goaltender then please begin holding your breath.

If that is the asking price for Miller than the Hawks just aren't good partners. Hjalmarsson has been the Hawks best defensive defender and that deal lowers the Hawks' chance of winning the Cup this year (which is the measuring stick for any Chicago trade). In addition, Stafford can't be taken on with his salary.

If the trade were,

Crawford
Teravainen or Clendening
1st
Montador (for cap reasons next season)

for

Miller

then I would consider it. I'm not sure other Hawks fans would. It would be a considerable change in direction for a team that seems to be a front-runner for the Cup.

topnotch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:38 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Miller to Toronto for Kostka?
...Seriously?

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote