HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan Miller on trading block (Millard - Tampa Bay inquiring)

Old
03-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Heyoooo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Now i know he hates toronto and their fanbase :0 but the guy is consistant and proven. He carrued Buffalo for years and needs a change of scenery. Would a 1st do it?

Consistently average?

Heyoooo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 04:55 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
Difference is that Miller isn't under contract until he 85 like Louongo.
So would it take less to acquire Luongo?

Depending on how less it is, then Luongo an is interesting option over Miller.

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:06 PM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
So would it take less to acquire Luongo?

Depending on how less it is, then Luongo an is interesting option over Miller.
I wouldn't want him due to the retirement restrictions in the CBA. It would suck to be hampered by a cap hit, well unless you're the Islanders and want that cap hit without needing to fork out a salary.

Old Navy Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:14 PM
wunderpanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy Goat View Post
I wouldn't want him due to the retirement restrictions in the CBA. It would suck to be hampered by a cap hit, well unless you're the Islanders and want that cap hit without needing to fork out a salary.
Canucks would retain that retirement cap hit if they trade Loungo

wunderpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:39 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunderpanda View Post
Canucks would retain that retirement cap hit if they trade Loungo
Not something they have control over. That cap hit post retirement, as far as I understand it, is decided base on which team benefited/how much from the cap circumvention built into the contract.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Consistently average?
12th best SVP in NHL history, yeah that's average bud. Vezina winner. Back to back ECF his first 2 seasons as a starter. He has played behind garbage defenses and run n gun systems his whole career. Buffalo has had one of the worst defensive cores since the lockout. I'd gladly keep Miller and re-sign him if a stellar return isn't coming back. He is a legitimate top 10 goalie and will have won 500+ games when he hangs up his pads. You can re-sign Dwayne Roloson though, I heard he's still available.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:05 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
12th best SVP in NHL history, yeah that's average bud. Vezina winner. Back to back ECF his first 2 seasons as a starter. He has played behind garbage defenses and run n gun systems his whole career. Buffalo has had one of the worst defensive cores since the lockout. I'd gladly keep Miller and re-sign him if a stellar return isn't coming back. He is a legitimate top 10 goalie and will have won 500+ games when he hangs up his pads. You can re-sign Dwayne Roloson though, I heard he's still available.
You could be surprised by the number of legitimate top 10 goalie around the league !

Old
03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Every damn time.

He's thought of as a an elite goaltender because out of goalies who play even nearly as much as he does he's top-5 in save percentage over the past 4 years.

link

Goalies with over 150 GP since 09-10, in order of Sv%:

Thomas
Lundqvist
Rinne
Vokoun
Miller
Luongo
Halak
Howard
Ward
Price
Anderson
Niemi
Lehtonen
Hiller
Quick
Bryzgalov
Smith
Kiprusoff
Fleury
Backstrom
Brodeur
Elliott
Mason

OVERRATED!!!!1!!1

Let's extend Miller's stats to the length of his career. Since 2005-06, he's 6th in Sv% among goalies with 300 starts or more (50 per season, charitable for a "starter").

Thomas
Vokoun
Lundqvist
Luongo
Backstrom
Miller
Brodeur
Bryzgalov
Lehtonen
Kiprusoff
Giguere
Fleury
Ward
Nabokov
Roloson
Turco
Theodore
Khabibulin

link

It's Miller's remarkable consistency that makes him elite. Even if you ignore outside factors that limit his statistical performance, he's up there with (and above) the best.

drinking bleach irl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Djp

Quote:
Fine then, so Buffalo would trade miller for slightly lesser deal to keep him out of the division. Then the team out of the division would trade Miller back to Toronto for a slightly better deal, making a plus value in the process.

You think it would never Happen?

Then just ask Andre Savard (ex Montreal's GM) about trading Jeff Hackett out of the division....to San jose...just to see Jeff hackett being traded to Boston in the same day for a better deal.

The reason it doesn't happen often? Because NHL GMs are not stupid enough to accept a slightly lesser deal to keep a player out of the division.

Also, the new playoff format doesn't have an impact on this, the ultimate goal is to win the cup, and the team outside the division you helped by taking a slightly lesser deal could as well eliminate your team in a Stanley cup final.

Sure that could happen but that s how a GM burns bridges. ....but with Millers impending UFA and his desire to be closer to his wife I highly doubt Tampa bay or Toronto would be able to keep him beyond next year without a Lu/ bryz type fof cntract ...while san Jose, Phoenix, Chicago, Colorado, st Louis, etc have a better chance.

I'm not saying Toronto offers kadri plus 2 1sts while say San Jose just offers a single first....but ifs the type of deal like the Boston vs Pittsburgh trade offer debate of which is the better offer...then it doesn't matter.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:22 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
You could be surprised by the number of legitimate top 10 goalie around the league !
Miller has the 5th most wins since the lockout. A Vezina. He single handedly carried a mediocre US National Team to a Silver medal and came close to winning it. He has won atleast 30 games a season every year since the lockout (not counting this shortened season). If you want to say Miller isn't a top 10 goalie, you can do so and show your obvious bias against Miller. At the end of Millers career he will have won more games then any other American goalie.He already has the career winning pct record for American born goalies along with his Vezina but he isn't even a top 10 goalie

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:57 PM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberioTheBarbarian View Post
Ok ill bite.

Ryan Miller

Janus
Namestnikov
2013 2nd
2014 3rd
Consider myself intrigued, one question. How close is Janus to being NHL ready?

lifeisruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Miller has the 5th most wins since the lockout. A Vezina. He single handedly carried a mediocre US National Team to a Silver medal and came close to winning it. He has won atleast 30 games a season every year since the lockout (not counting this shortened season). If you want to say Miller isn't a top 10 goalie, you can do so and show your obvious bias against Miller. At the end of Millers career he will have won more games then any other American goalie.He already has the career winning pct record for American born goalies along with his Vezina but he isn't even a top 10 goalie
if your opinion of all of our players was even remotely accurate... we'd be a pretty good team

Jame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2013, 09:06 PM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooters View Post
To Phi:
Ryan Miller

To Buf:
You can have Briere back
And
Anyone except Giroux Coburn Voracek Simmonds and the Schenns
Seriously?

Not if in intentional or not, but it's Briere and Courturier Buffalo takes that and runs. We'll even take Bryzgalov off your hands if you want, and then figure out the cap situation (and the center situation) over the summer.

Old
03-28-2013, 09:08 PM
lifeisruff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Sabres are about to learn what Vancouver found out... goalies just don't get huge returns.
HEY, don't ruin our delusions of grandeur....that's what this board is all about.

Old
03-29-2013, 03:06 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Its not what i mean.

What i mean is Miller is obviously one of the 20-25 "top 10" goalie around the league.

last year i just had fun counting how many goalie was called a "top 10" by their fans on this forum and there was over 20 of them.

Old
03-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Blue Goose
"Hockey Transplant"

Okay, I had this thought in my head - let me know if it should have stayed there, Sabres fans:

BUF gets: Jaroslav Halak, Ty Rattie, 2014 1st rd pick
STL gets: Ryan Miller, Luke Adam

Blues have no real depth at center in the organization, and Adam seems stuck in the AHL at the moment and could use the proverbial "change of scenery", right?

STL is loaded at RW, and all signs seem to indicate that Stafford is on the way out, so Rattie would be a step in the direction toward long-term replacement at that position. (PS. On a related note, I personally hope Pominville stays in BUF)

Both goalies are UFA in Summer 2014. Would the 1st rd pick even things out?

Blue Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 04:46 AM
SatanwasaSlovak

Why would Buffalo trade their only NHL-goalie?

Are Buffalo suppose to give Leggio or Enroth ice-time?

SatanwasaSlovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 06:02 AM
CaptPantalones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
Okay, I had this thought in my head - let me know if it should have stayed there, Sabres fans:

Blues have no real depth at center in the organization, and Adam seems stuck in the AHL at the moment and could use the proverbial "change of scenery", right?

STL is loaded at RW, and all signs seem to indicate that Stafford is on the way out, so Rattie would be a step in the direction toward long-term replacement at that position. (PS. On a related note, I personally hope Pominville stays in BUF)

Would prefer this yrs 1st, but other then that I like it

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 08:13 AM
UB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
Now i know he hates toronto and their fanbase :0 but the guy is consistant and proven. He carrued Buffalo for years and needs a change of scenery. Would a 1st do it?
He is a head case no team wants turmoil at this time of the year he will be hard to move for any big piece or high draft pick

UB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Karate Johnson
Zemgus is my Copilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
Sabres are about to learn what Vancouver found out... goalies just don't get huge returns.
What Goalie has Vancouver ever traded?

Karate Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Division aside, value-wise.

Is Gardiner/Frattin + Scrivens/Reimer + 2nd/Blacker/Holzer/? for Miller adequate?

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
shooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisruff View Post
Seriously?

Not if in intentional or not, but it's Briere and Courturier Buffalo takes that and runs. We'll even take Bryzgalov off your hands if you want, and then figure out the cap situation (and the center situation) over the summer.
Done. Bryz Briere and Couts for Miller. I do this trade right now. Enjoy Bryz's inconsistency and
Briere's laziness. Basically it would be Coutorier for Miller

shooters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:00 AM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post

I'd definitely do that from a Buffalo POV. Get a good enough goalie to start or split starts with Enroth, 1st, and a good wing prospect.

ETA: Would also prefer if the 1st were this year's, but I'd still do it as a 2014 1st.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Sterling31
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooters View Post
Done. Bryz Briere and Couts for Miller. I do this trade right now. Enjoy Bryz's inconsistency and
Briere's laziness. Basically it would be Coutorier for Miller
Pretty damn good deal for the Sabres if you ask me.

Can he play wing? Sabres have the most Center prospect depth if this were to go down

-Hodgson-
-Couts-
-Grigs-
-Girgs-

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyoooo View Post
Consistently average?
You don't know what you are talking about...

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote