HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2013, 01:28 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
Where have you heard these rumours from? Just curious.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Where have you heard these rumours from? Just curious.
Here:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I've been hearing speculation from the media about it on the radio too, on multiple occasions.
I'll let CS speak for himself on which media or radio stations if that's what you're looking for.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:34 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
It was brought up on 670 today, a couple days ago and once last week.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:44 PM
moose vasko

There was an article in Trib the other day saying Bickell wants to stay, and I heard elsewhere that they are working on new deals for both of them. If Vik want to leave he will undoubtedly be able to cash in although there is probably enough cap room to keep him at close to what he is worth. As for trading them now, I guess it's possible but given how close we are, I would think it would have to be in exchange for other top 9 players (i.e. we can't make deals that weaken our immediate chances).

Old
03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
Hawkaholic

Rather see Bickell go, than Stalberg.

Old
03-22-2013, 02:29 PM
LarmerSavardSecord

I think it makes a helluva lot of sense to try to trade the one you donít plan on keeping (assuming they realistically canít re-sign both) for the elusive 2C.

I think Stalberg is the easy choice to stay, as they canít possibly replace his speed while there are guys in Rockford that could basically replicate Bickellís game. And in the near-term, a Stalberg-Bolland-Shaw line is probably better than the current 3rd set, certainly better suited for (at least part-time) checking line-type duty.

Side note: I am invited to hang out with Bickell (and another Hawk) after the Blues game April 4th - one day AFTER the TDL. But I'd rather have a real 2C than hang with those guys.

Last edited by LarmerSavardSecord: 03-22-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old
03-22-2013, 03:18 PM
puterwiz53

All over the media they think a trade is coming soon between the Hawks and the Leafs. Who would the Hawks want from the Leafs and who would the Leafs want from the Hawks.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:21 PM
giza

Bickell vs Stalberg

Bickell doesn't seem to use all his tools all the time. He'll show glimpses and has a higher offensive ceiling than Stalberg, but his inconsistency which has plagued him from juniors to pro's, will never see him realize it. I think Stalberg will be the one who stays if they don't want to keep both.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puterwiz53 View Post
All over the media they think a trade is coming soon between the Hawks and the Leafs. Who would the Hawks want from the Leafs and who would the Leafs want from the Hawks.
Grab or Bozak would both be very welcome additions.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:48 PM
SLarmer28

For what it's worth:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...6#.UUxbXxmcU01

Quote:
Last year around this time, the Hawks had interest in Nate Thompson from the Lightning and Matt Martin from the Islanders. They do again this year.

Obviously, in these two players, they are looking to add toughness, penalty killing and enough skill to mesh with the talent level of the Blackhawks.

Neither playerís team is willing to part with them easily, however, so a few backup options are Washingtonís Matt Hendricks and Jay McClement or Tyler Bozak of the Maple Leafs.

What would the Hawks give up? Well, Dan Carcilloís 3 shifts Wednesday night in Anaheim should tell you all you need to know about his potential availability. The Maple Leafs have apparently shown some interest in Michal Frolik and prospect Brandon Pirri.
Trade Carcillo and Mayers to the Washington Capitals for Matt Hendricks. Trade Frolik and Pirri to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Tyler Bozak. Send down Jimmy Hayes and call up Jeremy Morin.

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bozak - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Hendricks - Kruger - Morin

Bolland, Bollig

Bench Bolland until he decides to pull his head out of his arse and play inspired hockey.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
For what it's worth:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...6#.UUxbXxmcU01

Trade Carcillo and Mayers to the Washington Capitals for Matt Hendricks. Trade Frolik and Pirri to the Toronto Maple Leafs for Tyler Bozak. Send down Jimmy Hayes and call up Jeremy Morin.

Saad - Toews - Hossa
Sharp - Bozak - Kane
Bickell - Shaw - Stalberg
Hendricks - Kruger - Morin

Bolland, Bollig

Bench Bolland until he decides to pull his head out of his arse and play inspired hockey.
Why make so many changes to the team with the best record in the NHL?

Getting a 2nd line C would be nice but no need for Hendricks.

Bench Bolland? Not showing up on the score sheet doesn't mean he isn't playing.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:05 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Why make so many changes to the team with the best record in the NHL?
I don't understand whatsoever the love fest for Michael Frolik. Frolik sucks and is overpaid.

Quote:
Getting a 2nd line C would be nice but no need for Hendricks.
The Chicago Blackhawks could use an upgrade at left wing on the fourth line. Matt Hendricks can play left wing as well as center.

Quote:
Bench Bolland? Not showing up on the score sheet doesn't mean he isn't playing.
Aside from Carcillo, Bolland is the only other Chicago Blackhawks forward with a negative plus/minus.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Pirri + Carcillo for Bozak

done deal

Old
03-22-2013, 04:54 PM
madgoat33

wonder if they'd move kadri instead of bozak?

Old
03-22-2013, 05:25 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Grab or Bozak would both be very welcome additions.
No he's not.

Grabovski is, at least, 1M overpaid and that's when he's playing well. Bolland's paid what he deserves. If the plan is to trade for Grabovski and then trade Bolland in the off-season (which you'd have to, to afford Grabovski's 5.5M caphit), than I'll pass on that over and over again.

I'm not opposed to trading Bolland if Chicago can get a qualtiy 2nd line centre, given what Shaw/Kruger have shown and with McNeill/Danault not too far away from the NHL.. but I have no interest in trading for guys that are overpaid, with no playoff experience, and who are currently ice-cold (doghouse or no doghouse).

Old
03-22-2013, 06:47 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
I don't understand whatsoever the love fest for Michael Frolik. Frolik sucks and is overpaid.

The Chicago Blackhawks could use an upgrade at left wing on the fourth line. Matt Hendricks can play left wing as well as center.

Aside from Carcillo, Bolland is the only other Chicago Blackhawks forward with a negative plus/minus.
Where did I protest my ever dying love for Frolik?

I just said I wouldn't want to make that many changes to a roster that is clearly working right now.

OH NO! he is a - and as we all now the most important and ever telling stat in all of sports is +/- in hockey.

Old
03-22-2013, 07:56 PM
TwistedWrister90
Stanley Cup Q

Frolik has been great on the PK this year. And he's a solid fourth liner. My only problem is his cap hit. It would be nice if the Hawks could find someone who does the same things for a lot cheaper

Old
03-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Where did I protest my ever dying love for Frolik?

I just said I wouldn't want to make that many changes to a roster that is clearly working right now.

OH NO! he is a - and as we all now the most important and ever telling stat in all of sports is +/- in hockey.
SLarmer28 has been going on about trade scenarios at random ever since he joined recently. The classic case of constantly wanting a move just for the sake of a move. That kind of attitude doesn't make sense to begin with, but it's especially silly when the team in question has the best record in the NHL.

Can moves be made to make this team better? Of course they can - you and I are two posters who are always proposing just that.
But should we throw a bunch of possible trade scenarios into a hat and start choosing them at random? No, obviously not. But not everyone's going to get that message

Old
03-22-2013, 08:51 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
Frolik has been great on the PK this year. And he's a solid fourth liner. My only problem is his cap hit. It would be nice if the Hawks could find someone who does the same things for a lot cheaper
And they will.. just not right now. In the off-season.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Sevanston

The only person who should really care about Frolik's salary before the offseason is the guy signing his pay checks.

Old
03-22-2013, 09:44 PM
HockeySensible
Dat Mullet Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
The only person who should really care about Frolik's salary before the offseason is the guy signing his pay checks.
Exactly. He's not effecting anything right now. Chicago has tons of cap room, this season, to add whom they please.

Frolik's contract isn't untradable. He'll have 1 year left on his deal after this season that only counts 2.33M against the cap. He's a very good role player at this point and Chicago will have no problem getting a mid-pick for him (4th) in the off-season.

Old
03-22-2013, 10:28 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
I

FWIW, the advance stats suggest that Bolland has been playing against the oppoenets best players night after night.

So, not unexpected.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:12 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
FWIW, the advance stats suggest that Bolland has been playing against the oppoenets best players night after night.

So, not unexpected.
they also suggest he's gotten dominated while doing it. what's your point? according to corsi, kane and Sharp were playing similar competition (no surprise) and still had much more success, meaning they got most of their offense in the few minutes they had away from bolland.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:34 PM
TurdFerguson

My problem with the way that Bolland has been playing is that he isn't really cycling with everyone else. He throws too many low percentage passes laterally through the middle of the offensive zone. Most of the time he throws it as hard as possible and it hits the opposite board, but it also gets picked off a lot.

Old
03-23-2013, 12:11 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Bolland is playing out of his role; we need a 2C, not his fault since he is doing the best he can.

Closed Thread