HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2013, 12:19 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
What do Hawks fans think about adding Mikhail Grabovski? I read that some Leafs scouts were watching Chicago's AHL players and Chicago scouts attended Leafs games. I propose trading Mikhail Grabovski for Steve Montador and Brandon Pirri at the deadline, or maybe something around Bolland and Grabovski. What do Hawks fans think?
The Leafs would never do that.

Grabovksi's fine - although his contract isn't great...and I don't think Chicago could really pick up a $5.5m hit through 2017 as things currently stand - they'd have to move someone else later.

Most of Grabovski's problems this year are due to Carlyle shoving him in a role that he's not at all suited for and mis-using him in general. He's a good player.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:21 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
I'd love that trade. Long term, Oduya would need to be launched to make it work under the cap. They won't do all of that.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
What do Hawks fans think about adding Mikhail Grabovski? I read that some Leafs scouts were watching Chicago's AHL players and Chicago scouts attended Leafs games. I propose trading Mikhail Grabovski for Steve Montador and Brandon Pirri at the deadline, or maybe something around Bolland and Grabovski. What do Hawks fans think?
I would love him (I advocated for him all last year)

Not sure with that cap hit we can make it work though ,, I think if Hawks/Leafs did make a trade it would involve Bozak given his UFA status

Old
03-18-2013, 12:46 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
I think the ideal player for the Hawks to pick up is a good faceoff guy who can play wing. Aside from faceoffs, I really like our 4 centremen. It would, however, be nice to have a winger on the 4th line who can win faceoffs (ideally a right hander).
That's what I was hoping for to make sure Q has that extra piece depending on the playoff matchup.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:48 PM
hockeydoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
whether Bolland is contributing on the board or not, Kane is having his best season of his career with him at C.
I would also add that it's a little too late to start making dramatic roster shifts. Bolland should stay where he's at and we just have to hope he stays healthy.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:53 PM
hawksfan50

Well--maybe not in deal NOW--but this summer I think Bolland has to go..reasons:
1. You've got to keep that 3rd line together-bcause they simply work so well together--just like in the Cup year -it is our 3rd line that is the big difference from what other teams have-you do not want another 2 year re-build if Bickell and Stalberg go to ufa andget signed elsewhere.if it works --don't fix it--try to KEEP IT--this time as opposed to the Cup aftermath ...

2. Bolland is not producing enough as the 2nd line C ...he is really a 3A who is at best a 2B centre..not good enough to justify keeping him over tearing down the 3rd line and waiting 2 years or replacements to gel...

3.Bolland is terrible at face-offs ...THis couldbe ignored IF he put up more points ...but since that is not the case we need either a 2 centre who puts up similar production but ALSO wins face-offs OR we need a 2 centre who makes up for that deficiency by scoring more than Bolland does...AND this guy must be cheaper -at least for a few years till the cap moves up again because we have to re-sign Bickell and Stalberg for more...

4. Bolland is not very durable--always seems to get injured during a season..
IF healthy of course his play seems to elevate in playoffs and yes THEN he becomes more valueable -but in reg season the drawbacks with him are too numerous for the pay level to keep him over increased spending for others..

5. Alternatively SHARP and his even more expensive contract would have to go,,but THEN Bolland would not be as effective a LW as is Sharp and even morelikely to get injured as a winger with increased boards play..

It is not that I want Bolland gone--it simply willbe a cap necessity that some starters must go to get extra cap space...

The probably do not pull the trigger on dealing away Bolland now--rather in the summer to get back a late first or early second rounder for Bolland...

The cap will cause some cutting again as it always does but to keepus on Cup runs over the next few years they need to preserve that 3rd line ...

Of the pipeline contenders for the 2C spot---Jimmy Hayes is 100% on draws(but he' has only taken 1 draw so really need to see a larger sample) ---I can't find AHL faceoff stat data to tell us how Hayes and Pirri managed faceoffs there...Danault is 53.9% on draws in the Q this season ...McNeill is reputedly good ondraws but the rest of his game does not fit a 2nd liner role...draws are not TT's stongpint...

OR we trade one of these assets for a 2C who can win draws and put up the points required of a 2 centre or put up more points than Bolland does even if this guy is not that good on draws at the nhl level...

Whatever --he MUST save us cap room over Bollkand's salary.

Old
03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Absolutely no interest. That contract is horrid and that contract will remain Toronto's problem. Unless Toronto wants to eat at least 40% of the money, then maybe we could talk.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:08 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Well--maybe not in deal NOW--but this summer I think Bolland has to go..reasons:
1. You've got to keep that 3rd line together-bcause they simply work so well together--just like in the Cup year -it is our 3rd line that is the big difference from what other teams have-you do not want another 2 year re-build if Bickell and Stalberg go to ufa andget signed elsewhere.if it works --don't fix it--try to KEEP IT--this time as opposed to the Cup aftermath ...

2. Bolland is not producing enough as the 2nd line C ...he is really a 3A who is at best a 2B centre..not good enough to justify keeping him over tearing down the 3rd line and waiting 2 years or replacements to gel...

3.Bolland is terrible at face-offs ...THis couldbe ignored IF he put up more points ...but since that is not the case we need either a 2 centre who puts up similar production but ALSO wins face-offs OR we need a 2 centre who makes up for that deficiency by scoring more than Bolland does...AND this guy must be cheaper -at least for a few years till the cap moves up again because we have to re-sign Bickell and Stalberg for more...

4. Bolland is not very durable--always seems to get injured during a season..
IF healthy of course his play seems to elevate in playoffs and yes THEN he becomes more valueable -but in reg season the drawbacks with him are too numerous for the pay level to keep him over increased spending for others..

5. Alternatively SHARP and his even more expensive contract would have to go,,but THEN Bolland would not be as effective a LW as is Sharp and even morelikely to get injured as a winger with increased boards play..

It is not that I want Bolland gone--it simply willbe a cap necessity that some starters must go to get extra cap space...

The probably do not pull the trigger on dealing away Bolland now--rather in the summer to get back a late first or early second rounder for Bolland...

The cap will cause some cutting again as it always does but to keepus on Cup runs over the next few years they need to preserve that 3rd line ...

Of the pipeline contenders for the 2C spot---Jimmy Hayes is 100% on draws(but he' has only taken 1 draw so really need to see a larger sample) ---I can't find AHL faceoff stat data to tell us how Hayes and Pirri managed faceoffs there...Danault is 53.9% on draws in the Q this season ...McNeill is reputedly good ondraws but the rest of his game does not fit a 2nd liner role...draws are not TT's stongpint...

OR we trade one of these assets for a 2C who can win draws and put up the points required of a 2 centre or put up more points than Bolland does even if this guy is not that good on draws at the nhl level...

Whatever --he MUST save us cap room over Bollkand's salary.
Bolland and probably Sharp are expendable...but to what end? We would need to know someone solid is coming in. Losing those two and plugging the holes with prospects (on the second line, no less!) is a great way to miss the playoffs next year.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Bolland and probably Sharp are expendable...but to what end? We would need to know someone solid is coming in. Losing those two and plugging the holes with prospects (on the second line, no less!) is a great way to miss the playoffs next year.
I think he was saying one or the other...not that I agree with either scenario.

Old
03-18-2013, 01:13 PM
chico_hawk

I say let's trade for Jared Boll, then we can truly have a line from the land of Bolls....Bollig, Bolland & Boll....

that is right, I have too much time on my hands...

Old
03-18-2013, 01:27 PM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
OK ... now you've gone and done it. Because I agree with your post, I'm now second guessing myself. Just kidding fiddy - couldn't resist.

But yes, I agree with you that the 3rd line is the difference maker this season and all reasonable efforts should be made to keep that line intact. However, I think Stalberg is really the key and far and away most important to re-sign than anyone except Leddy - and that includes Kruger and Bickell. It is Stalberg's speed that makes that line so effective. He simply gets to the puck faster than anyone else and has now learned how to hold on to it and make plays. Bickell has certainly made a big step up this season and I would like to see the Hawks re-sign him too, but he is much more easily replaced than Stalberg.

I'm sure there are still Stalberg detractors out there and they're probably going to gag on this - but I think Stalberg is going to get as much as $3.5M AAV, and I think he deserves it and the Hawks should pay him. Similar speed players like Grabner ($3M) and Cogliano ($2.4M) are just as fast but Stalberg is bigger and is now starting to use that size effectively - therefore he's a better player than Grabner and Cogliano and some team is going to pony up a pretty good contract for him - hopefully it's the Hawks.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
Nice to know that you already have capped a ceiling on a 22 year old center with only 106 regular season games played.
Uh, I didn't say Kruger would never be a better offensive player than Bolland. But it's quite safe to say who's superior in that regard this season.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:04 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
What you don't want Bollig C the 2nd line?
Hey, he's only played 32 regular season NHL games. Don't want to be judging his NHL offensive potential too soon! Throw him on the second line, let's see how it goes.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Chelios

Let me say I absolutely love the way the 3rd line is playing. Love it. Having said that, there is no way you let Bolland go just because you want to keep that 3rd line together. None.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:06 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonyRaptor View Post
OK ... now you've gone and done it. Because I agree with your post, I'm now second guessing myself. Just kidding fiddy - couldn't resist.

But yes, I agree with you that the 3rd line is the difference maker this season and all reasonable efforts should be made to keep that line intact. However, I think Stalberg is really the key and far and away most important to re-sign than anyone except Leddy - and that includes Kruger and Bickell. It is Stalberg's speed that makes that line so effective. He simply gets to the puck faster than anyone else and has now learned how to hold on to it and make plays. Bickell has certainly made a big step up this season and I would like to see the Hawks re-sign him too, but he is much more easily replaced than Stalberg.

I'm sure there are still Stalberg detractors out there and they're probably going to gag on this - but I think Stalberg is going to get as much as $3.5M AAV, and I think he deserves it and the Hawks should pay him. Similar speed players like Grabner ($3M) and Cogliano ($2.4M) are just as fast but Stalberg is bigger and is now starting to use that size effectively - therefore he's a better player than Grabner and Cogliano and some team is going to pony up a pretty good contract for him - hopefully it's the Hawks.
Stalberg has played well and has become an important part of this team. But 3.5 mil per is too much for what he brings. They have to let him go if it goes that high.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:07 PM
madgoat33

I like our current roster because it doesn't give Q much leeway to constantly tinker and **** things up.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:15 PM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

It is nice not having Q jack things around the middle of the first period.

Old
03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

This will be an interesting TD. It will be a sellers market again and some teams want to get that extra on the roster that gives them a better chance.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:05 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
The Leafs would never do that.

Grabovksi's fine - although his contract isn't great...and I don't think Chicago could really pick up a $5.5m hit through 2017 as things currently stand - they'd have to move someone else later.

Most of Grabovski's problems this year are due to Carlyle shoving him in a role that he's not at all suited for and mis-using him in general. He's a good player.
If you asked me last season I'd agree with you but now that Grabovski seems to be in the doghouse he's not being utilized to his maximum potential.

He is a good player but his contract is too much. If we were dealing with Chicago I'd imagine Montador/Olesz/Frolik would be coming back because of it.

Old
03-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Quote:
If you asked me last season I'd agree with you but now that Grabovski seems to be in the doghouse he's not being utilized to his maximum potential.

He is a good player but his contract is too much. If we were dealing with Chicago I'd imagine Montador/Olesz/Frolik would be coming back because of it.
With 4 more years at that cap hit the Leafs would have to take Olesz or Monty + eat at least 20-25% of that contract in longrun

5.5M cap hit for next 4 years is too big a risk with Kane/Toews next contracts coming up in a few years

Old
03-18-2013, 03:26 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:

I didn't mean the Leafs would never trade him - I just meant they'd be able to get a better return for him than Pirri/Montador...on is completely unproven, the other has a concussion history.

Personally, I think the Leafs should wait longer to figure out whether Carlyle is going to work out before they dump Grabo - b/c honestly I think Carlyle is a bigger problem than him. It is clear to anyone that Grabovski would not work in a bottom 6 shutdown role . In any event, if they are going to have to take on a big salary in return they should try to send him to Vancouver as part of some sort of deal involving Luongo.

Old
03-18-2013, 07:57 PM
chico_hawk

There is another possible option for Bowman...one where he wouldn't have to make a trade to acquire a player....& that is UFAs...

Not sure if Dominic Moore is prepared to return yet after the tragic passing of his wife recently, but he'd be a good addition otherwise...he is a UFA, can skate, good on draws & on the pk...and he wouldn't command more than $1M pro-rated...

If I was Bowman, he'd be my first option...

Old
03-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

Moore is not coming back this year from sounds of it. Probably the right thing to do IMO

Has already turned down teams

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle9262910/

Quote:
I get a word in edgewise to ask whether he will sign with a team soon. “There have been options offered. But I’m not at this point accepting them.” He pauses. “I need to take some time.”

Old
03-18-2013, 09:42 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Moore is not coming back this year from sounds of it. Probably the right thing to do IMO

Has already turned down teams

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle9262910/
I don't blame him at all for that decision.

But I've liked Moore for a while, so I'd be pretty happy to see him here.

Old
03-18-2013, 11:23 PM
WhatASaveDave

So you guys want a cheap center man who can play top 6/ bottom 6 and is good at faceoffs ? Would Tyler Bozak work ?

Closed Thread