HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposal/Trade Rumour Thread II (NHL rumors/trades talk in here as well)

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Panthers will listen to offers for sure... still say Goc would be perfect fit for our team
Goc has a $1.7 cap hit next year. Allows him to be 3rd line center next year and you can move Shaw back to Wing. Bowman and Tallon have done business in the past so it wouldn't be crazy to think they could get a deal done again this year.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:11 PM
ndgt10

Would Goc even want to come to Chicago?

Old
03-19-2013, 05:12 PM
ndgt10

When trade deadline

Old
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Illinihockey

April 3

Old
03-19-2013, 05:25 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penosity View Post
Stalberg and Bickell are both UFA after the season.
Leddy is RFA.

What would it take to re-sign 'em?
My guesses:
Stalberg $3.25M
Bickell $1.6M
Leddy $3.5M
Lets assume Bickell puts up 28 points (48 points over full season), the same as Stalberg.. why is Bickell getting peanuts while Stalberg's getting paid like a top-6 forward? Doesn't make sense. They've both only had 1 good season in the NHL, and they're the same age.

If both keep up their play, they'll both command 3M+ and someone will overpay them as UFAs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The first two are pretty close, although I could see Bickell getting a big more and maybe a little less for Vik. Leddy better not get 3.5M unless we're talking about a 5-6 year deal. If it's 3.5M per for like two years, he's got to be traded.

And as we all know, if this team wins the Cup, the guys who had the best playoffs will get more than they otherwise would.
No he doesn't. That's ridiculous.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:28 PM
Hawkaholic

On TSN Bickell is quoted as saying he wants to stay in Chicago and not hop around from team to team in his career. Sounds like he is willing to give us a discount, but anything over 2.5mil is too much for him imo.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
The first two are pretty close, although I could see Bickell getting a big more and maybe a little less for Vik. Leddy better not get 3.5M unless we're talking about a 5-6 year deal. If it's 3.5M per for like two years, he's got to be traded.

And as we all know, if this team wins the Cup, the guys who had the best playoffs will get more than they otherwise would.
I agree RE: Leddy. But i was **** on when I said it in a previous thread.

3.5 is way too much for Leddy at this point. Waaaaaayyyyyy too much.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
On TSN Bickell is quoted as saying he wants to stay in Chicago and not hop around from team to team in his career. Sounds like he is willing to give us a discount, but anything over 2.5mil is too much for him imo.
It depends on which Bickell you get. If he can be 75% as good as he's been this season, I'd give him 2.75M over 3 years.

The problem that Bickell's going to have during negotiations, and why Chicago may just let him walk (though that's not a guarantee), is that Chicago has so many forward prospects that are ready (Morin, Hayes, Smith) or will be ready in the very-near future (Pirri, Danault, McNeill) and then there's a few guys that are harder to predict, because of where they're playing (Teravainen) or how high their potential ceiling is (Beach, Ross, Nordstrom).

Either way, Chicago's got options.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:35 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So much depends on what Leddy and Kruger get

Old
03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So much depends on what Leddy and Kruger get
Personally, I would rather have Bickell than Kruger.

Old
03-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Only way Bickell should be back is if he signs a 1 yr deal

No way you give Bickell a multi-year contract given how you never know which Bickell will show up

Old
03-19-2013, 06:08 PM
sketch22

vCash: 50
I think it all comes down to what type of contract Leddy is looking for. If Leddy signs a short term bridge deal (1-3 years at 2-2.5 mil/per) to set him up for a big money long term deal than the Hawks might be able to afford to keep one of Bickell or Stalberg. If Leddy wants a longer term deal now (5+ years at 3 mil+) than the Hawks probably won't be able to afford to keep either one of Bickell and Stalberg.

The Hawks are in a bit of a cap bind next year, but they have options next year that they didn't have during the last capocalypse. They could buyout Rusty or Monty, trade Frolik, or give a few prospects a shot to stick with the team.

The thing that worries me the most is what Hossa will do. If the Hawks win the cup this year (or Hoss gets seriously injured) it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hossa decides to hang up the skates. There isn't a whole lot in free agency or the prospect pool that could fill that void

Old
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
It depends on which Bickell you get. If he can be 75% as good as he's been this season, I'd give him 2.75M over 3 years.

The problem that Bickell's going to have during negotiations, and why Chicago may just let him walk (though that's not a guarantee), is that Chicago has so many forward prospects that are ready (Morin, Hayes, Smith) or will be ready in the very-near future (Pirri, Danault, McNeill) and then there's a few guys that are harder to predict, because of where they're playing (Teravainen) or how high their potential ceiling is (Beach, Ross, Nordstrom).

And when you look down that list, where does Kruger fit, in Hawks future? He should be the odd man out at season end, and he may retrieve a decent draft pick (long term prospect) or grinder (short term). Frolik could go as well but he will be more difficult to move.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
And when you look down that list, where does Kruger fit, in Hawks future? He should be the odd man out at season end, and he may retrieve a decent draft pick (long term prospect) or grinder (short term). Frolik could go as well but he will be more difficult to move.
Kruger's not close to being the odd-man out. He's an RFA, not a UFA and wouldn't cost as much as Bickell/Stalberg regardless.

Kruger has a role that suits him right now. I firmly believe he can be more than he's been and he will be, but that doesn't mean Chicago has to move him this off-season.. after next year, that's when it will get interesting because McNeill and Danault will both have a year of Pro experience under their belts and Teravainen will be coming over to N.A.

What the team does with Bolland will decide how long Kruger remains a Blackhawk. If Bolland stays, Kruger likely goes. If Bolland goes, Kruger likely stays.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:21 PM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch22 View Post
I think it all comes down to what type of contract Leddy is looking for. If Leddy signs a short term bridge deal (1-3 years at 2-2.5 mil/per) to set him up for a big money long term deal than the Hawks might be able to afford to keep one of Bickell or Stalberg. If Leddy wants a longer term deal now (5+ years at 3 mil+) than the Hawks probably won't be able to afford to keep either one of Bickell and Stalberg.

The Hawks are in a bit of a cap bind next year, but they have options next year that they didn't have during the last capocalypse. They could buyout Rusty or Monty, trade Frolik, or give a few prospects a shot to stick with the team.

The thing that worries me the most is what Hossa will do. If the Hawks win the cup this year (or Hoss gets seriously injured) it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hossa decides to hang up the skates. There isn't a whole lot in free agency or the prospect pool that could fill that void
Hossa would be retiring very young and leaving lots of money on the table.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Hawkaholic

Frolik has to go, one way or another. I would be more than OK with Kruger traded and keeping both Bickell and Stalberg.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
sketch22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Hossa would be retiring very young
He is 34 and has been seriously injured on several occasions in recent years. Not at all what I would consider "very young".

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
leaving lots of money on the table.
He only has 3 more years at top pay and if he was considering retirement the Hawks may decide to buy him out to avoid the cap penalty.

I'm not saying it will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Hoss retires after a cup win or another big injury.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:

IMO, $2.75m per is a lot for Bickell and $3m is a lot for Stalberg. These guys are good players but we simply can't afford them and like you said, we have plenty of guys who should be able to slot into the bottom-6. Morin/Pirri/Hayes seem pretty seasoned at this point, and with McNeill, Danault, TT only a couple years out, it's just money better spent on future deals for Leddy & Hjalmarsson who are much higher priorities if you ask me.

Next year we will have:

Toews/Kane/Hossa/Sharp/Bolland/Saad/Frolik/Bollig/Shaw/Carcillo (10 forwards) already under contract and fairly permanent members of the forward group. Kruger will be re-signed for cheap since he doesn't score, that makes 11 forwards. Add to that Morin/Pirri/Hayes....plus probably a couple of other not-obvious guys who could have a shot (Smith, TT??, Danault??).

Maybe they try to re-sign one of Stalberg/Bickell as insurance, but Pirri & Morin have had very good offensive seasons in the AHL at age 21 and seem ready for the NHL.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:39 PM
adorno
%!&

In terms of cap problems - I would seriously advocate trading Toews for Bozak; then Kane re-signing for whatever amount won't be a major problem.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorno View Post
In terms of cap problems - I would seriously advocate trading Toews for Bozak; then Kane re-signing for whatever amount won't be a major problem.
I don't know if the Leafs would go for that. We'd probably have to add.

Old
03-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorno View Post
That is funny stuff.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:05 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

RenLavoieRDS:
9 teams are scouting the game at Bell Center tonight, including Blues GM Doug Armstrong. Pierre Gauthier and Scotty Bowman (CHI) are here.

https://twitter.com/renlavoierds/sta...45417661136896

Scotty + Pierre up in Montreal to watch Buffalo ,, Thoughts?

Old
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I don't really know who they'd be scouting on the Sabres. Seems like Ott/Stafford are the most likely trade candidates, but neither really seem like fits in Chicago.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
I don't really know who they'd be scouting on the Sabres. Seems like Ott/Stafford are the most likely trade candidates, but neither really seem like fits in Chicago.
Why would Ott not fit?

Perfect #3 C and a much better guy at dot then anyone on Hawks not named Toews

Move Shaw to back to wing

If Hawks aren't going ot upgrade #2 C spot then upgrading #3 Spot makes most sense

Old
03-19-2013, 07:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Why would Ott not fit?

Perfect #3 C and a much better guy at dot then anyone on Hawks not named Toews

Move Shaw to back to wing

If Hawks aren't going ot upgrade #2 C spot then upgrading #3 Spot makes most sense
It depends on what they want to do with the third line. They've played great as a unit, do you really want to break them up? Probably not. So, that really only leaves the 4th line centre spot open and I don't know that they'd want to pay the price for Ott to be the 4th line centre, though, Chcago's 4th line plays more than most.

Closed Thread