HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Team Cursed With Most Career Injuries?

Old
03-13-2013, 07:48 PM
BobbyAwe

vCash: 500
Which Team Cursed With Most Career Injuries?

When we think of the good, great, or potentially great Bruins whose career's were prematurely ended or permanently hampered by injuries or other health issues, it's a frightening list...

Bobby Orr
Cam Neely
Gord Kluzak
Marc Savard
Michael Thelvin
Jonathon Girard
Barry Pederson
Sergei Samsonov
Normand Leveille

Pretty sure i left some out? And is there an NHL team with historically worse luck in this regard?

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
BobbyAwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cursednumber6 View Post
I wouldn't put Sammy on that list and Pederson only borders on it because of lost potential. But
Nope cant think of a team with as many career ending injuries. Most teams have one career ender or car accident every few years.....not the Bruins. Knock on wood though.
I included Sammy as "lost potential" because in responses on my other thread it seems most here believe the wrist injury did limit him afterwards? You're right though in that it's not as clear cut as the others. Also Pederson did have a pretty good career after the arm deal but just not like his first 3 years before that so i think he qualifies to be on the list.

BobbyAwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 08:17 PM
Neely08

Orr, Leveille, and Neely were destiny changers if you ask me.

Imagine the 80's/90's B's w/ a healthy Leveille and Neely. Kluzak could have been a difference maker, too. Neely and Kluzak never get hurt, Harry never goes after The Planet. Perhaps he never goes after Stevens. What if... still hurts to think about.

Thought Bergeron was going to be a repeat of that painful scenario. But the kid fought his way back and delivered. Would we have won a Cup sooner w/ a healthy Savard? How much better would we be now? I respect our centers. But neither gives you what Savard did, including a PP.

Orr had how many healthy years out of the 10? Imagine him on the ice w/ Bourque. Orr would have been pushing it, but his hockey IQ would have bought him a few more years had his body been healthy.

Pens almost lost Mario to cancer, but he beat it. Had back issues and had a discectomy to correct them. Then, left the game voluntarily, and while the best player in it. Don't think that compares to Orr or Neely. Both of them played until it was no longer possible. Other than Gary Roberts, I can't think of another 50 goal scorer that had their career cut short like that.

Last edited by Neely08: 03-13-2013 at 08:29 PM. Reason: gord roberts? lol
Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote