Old
03-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Mione134
Queen in the North

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
---------
They might not playing that good but please - 17 - 4 has nothing to do with luck!!!
Go through every single game and see the outcome. This team is very lucky. Its just like Chicago. That team has been lucky too. Close games galore.

Mione134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Regina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Haven't seen a lot of freaking out to be honest, outside of the usual suspects which is just background noise. There's been a lot of concerned discussion, which shouldn't be surprising.

Hiding behind their record instead of discussing the quality of play on the ice is just as counterproductive, IMO. And a lot of people have been doing it of late. It was almost at the point where I wanted them to rack up a few losses so it wouldn't be a discussion point anymore.

On the plus side, Khudobin looked really good.
Really good in net , he sure did .

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:43 PM
nords1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post
I wasn't. I was desperately glad that they got out of the second with a two-goal lead. I had a bad feeling the whole time.
--
Not me.

I really liked the way there were composing with the pressure. How they managed D puck control.

Momentum started to change with the 5X3.

After - the fourth line matched by Pitts with Crosby - Letang and Kunitz was THE mistake.

nords1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BigGoalBrad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Paille scores two games in a row and Claude rolls pandolfo who has one goal since 2010 for more toi tonight. Poor lineup/roster choices by claude and pc.
Yes. It was stupid. Paille being stuck on the 4th line shows they think it can't be effective without him and Campbell and Thornton suck. So....right after that line has had a couple monster games is the perfect time to remove the best player from it and let Thornton and Campbell play with someone else. Kelly got hurt no less and the third line only had Peverley and 2 scrubs and despite the monster games the fourth has had recently CJ has that little faith in Campbell and Thornton that he can't give them a look with someone other than Paille?

BigGoalBrad* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Wow, just as I thought, over reaction city.

We were good for the first 10:00 and then ran out of gas. No shots, no chances, no push.

The first line wingers are a ****ing disaster area. Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton are doing absolutely nothing. I saw both of them turn down at least a dozen hits tonight. IF they are not going to contribute with goals or back check and be generally invisible they need to AT LEAST hit someone when the hit is there.

David Krejci is carrying dead weight right now. If I'm Claude I shake it up to wake 'em up.

Marchand - Bergy - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Peverley
Caron - Spooner - Horton
Merlot

Just for a game or two.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
Go through every single game and see the outcome. This team is very lucky. Its just like Chicago. That team has been lucky too. Close games galore.
its called chara and seidenberg.

panny2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Regina

Quote:

P
A
R
I
T
Y

The league wanted it .

They got it.

Regina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Topshelf88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Haven't seen a lot of freaking out to be honest, outside of the usual suspects which is just background noise. There's been a lot of concerned discussion, which shouldn't be surprising.

Hiding behind their record instead of discussing the quality of play on the ice is just as counterproductive, IMO. And a lot of people have been doing it of late. It was almost at the point where I wanted them to rack up a few losses so it wouldn't be a discussion point anymore.

On the plus side, Khudobin looked really good.
Believe me, I feel how you feel. Their record is all well and good, I'm happy with that. I'm not happy with them not playing as physical as they usually do, and I never feel safe with a 1-2 goal lead going into the third anymore which used to be automatic. Their record is not indicative of their quality of play like you mentioned...it's almost like saying "hey, we outshot this team, so we played better", not always true.

I also feel bad for Khudobin, played great and got left hanging out to dry.

Topshelf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
rcduthie77

Sad result for the B's but clearly something has not been working amongst the forwards all season really and tonight was the manifestation of that problem.

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin; can't be touched they are playing excellent

Paille - Campbell - Thornton; not really much you can do here unless you want to sit Thornton (unlikely)

That brings us too:

Caron - Peverley - Pandolfo / Caron - Kelly - Peverley;

No matter how you slice it the third line just hasn't given us the offence we need. Peverley has struggles a bit to put up points and when healthy Kelly's offense had been nearly non-existant. Caron brings some size but again lacking touch and Pandolfo should NEVER be on a third line.

Bruins desperately need an upgrade on this line. Soderberg could be the answer there but were not yet sure when he will be making his debut. Bruins may need to look at someone in the short term. With Peverley playing well tonight in the faceoff circle, he may end up being moved back to center and Kelly & Caron used as bait.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton; these guys have pulled a bit of a disappearing act on us recently and may need to be shaken up.

Personally I'd like to see the Bruins go after a package of Marcus Johansson (or Wojtek Wolski) & John Carlson from Washington. It would cost us a fair bit but that package would definitely be worth it and with the way the Caps are going they may be interested in a shakeup.

Lucic - Krejci - Johansson
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Soderberg - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Chara - Carlson
Seidenberg - Hamilton
Boychuck - Ference/McQuaid/Johnson

rcduthie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
bruins_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagealex View Post
It's more like 1 line with how useless Horton and Lucic have made themselves. Its really a shame because Krecji's still playing excellent given the lack of help he's been getting from his linemates.

I think Horton and Lucic need to be broken up. A line with both of them should have a strong physical presence, but they recently have been forechecking so timidly. Maybe things just need to be shaken up.

I also agree with the blame people have been putting on Claude. This team played with absolutely zero aggression and intensity after the two quick goals. Heck, he even had trouble being aggressive at the end of the game. If I'm remembering correctly, he sent Peverly Soupy and Paille out with for the faceoff with maybe about 1:20 left in the third. What the **** is that?
The problem with breaking them up is that the second line has been so good and who do u switch? Pandolfo or Caron up with Krejci? Man that would be terrible. Did Claude call a timeout? I missed part of the game

bruins_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:45 PM
nords1995

Quote:
Luck is part of the game.Except for health and injury impacting the game, they are no more or less lucky than other teams.

Old
03-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan17 View Post
I wasn't. I was desperately glad that they got out of the second with a two-goal lead. I had a bad feeling the whole time.
of course you had a bad feeling. being up by 2 going into the 3rd on your second of back to backs (especially on the road) is basically a tie going in to the 3rd. you've got a sporting chance at a point, but not much else.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
i was pleased to see the 4th line out on the 6 on 5, but i was fooled into thinking that they would actually goon it up. they definitely should have sent a message for the march 17th game.
It's frustrating to see the hits that some of the Bruins players receive which aren't called penalties because the Bruins don't usually flop over and play dead.

A lot of forwards are skating in from far away and blasting the Bruins defensemen. There is no charging in the rule book anymore?

But if Lucic touches anyone it's a penalty.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bruins_19

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post

We were good for the first 10:00 and then ran out of gas. No shots, no chances, no push.

The first line wingers are a ****ing disaster area. Milan Lucic and Nathan Horton are doing absolutely nothing. I saw both of them turn down at least a dozen hits tonight. IF they are not going to contribute with goals or back check and be generally invisible they need to AT LEAST hit someone when the hit is there.

David Krejci is carrying dead weight right now. If I'm Claude I shake it up to wake 'em up.

Caron - Spooner - Horton
Merlot

Just for a game or two.
ya maybe worth a shot at that lineup.

bruins_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nords1995

Quote:

Caron - Spooner - Horton
Merlot

Just for a game or two.
--
Could be

Old
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
P
A
R
I
T
Y

The league wanted it .

They got it.
17-4-3 is pretty good for parity but undoubtably a good point

Old
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasher911 View Post
Lol, everyone was praising Lucic two games ago, and now he's sucked for a month? You people are psychotic.

Lucic has 6 points in the past 10 games. Krejci has 8. Horton has 3.
Lucic has gotten some points but he is not playing well. He is not hitting and he is floating.

Horton is not doing much of anything accept miss the net or hunt logos.

The first line is flawed because both wingers are doing **** all.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by nords1995 View Post
--
Could be
or spooner with krejci so the third isn't two young providence guys

Old
03-12-2013, 09:49 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Lucic has gotten some points but he is not playing well. He is not hitting and he is floating.

Horton is not doing much of anything accept miss the net or hunt logos.

The first line is flawed because both wingers are doing **** all.
actually a little concerned about Nate and think he might need some rest

Old
03-12-2013, 09:50 PM
GloveSave1
*** 15 ***

I don't think Clode tells them to sit on leads, its just in their nature. Its hard work to grind out goals. When they get up a bit they stop battling in the corners and putting in the effort on offense, and focus on defensive responsibilities of the system. They make a few plays on offense, but when a puck is up for grabs, its over. I hope they can finally get the message...but its taking more time than I thought...this mentality leads directly to...shocking...blown leads and loses.

Is the sky falling? Of course not. This problem needs to be directly addressed. Sooner or later it will be. They just need to be beaten over the head with it...over and over...opposing teams are too happy to help. Haha.

Thankfully for us, in the long run.

GloveSave1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:51 PM
BadBruins

Lucic and Horton were dogging it yet again. Krejci actually played a pretty decent game IMO. At 180lbs, he was also the most physical of three. Lucic and Horton look like a couple of guys who are too comfortable with their place on the team. The fact that there's nobody on the 3rd line pushing for top-6 minutes is a problem. Again points back to the lack of bottom-6 depth. This team is being carried by the Bergeron line with the occasional appearance from the LKH trio.

Seeing how that period unfolded, I think Claude should've shortened the bottom 6 to a single line of Paille-Campbell-Peverley.

BadBruins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
averagealex

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Paille scores two games in a row and Claude rolls pandolfo who has one goal since 2010 for more toi tonight. Poor lineup/roster choices by claude and pc.
Agreed, although I think I'd go one step further. Why is pandolfo even being dressed? What does Claude see in him?

Paille has proven the past few games that he deserves another shot with the third line, and I have a hard time believing that we don't have anybody in providence who's a better choice than pandolfo to skate on the 3rd or 4th line.

averagealex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Glad you guys finally see Lucic.

Any thing I could I have already said. Can't comment on his play the last 2 games because I missed both but for the Pens' 3 goals.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Chieftans22*

Bergeron line was very okay. Krejci line sucked, again. 3rd line was okay. Merlot was merlot.

Seguin getting back into the 'if it hits glass and was hard, it was a good shot' groove he had before the little streak. Marchand doing nothing marchand like.

Chieftans22* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2013, 09:53 PM
Spooner st

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamBamCam View Post
Funniest thing iv'e seen in this board in long time. Perfect moment.

Spooner st is offline   Reply With Quote