Regression! | Jets win 5-2

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 11:09 AM
wpgsilver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Thought that as well, kind of makes you wonder why Meech was stuck in the minors with Postma, Redmond, Jones, Flood, Oduya etc. manning the Jets blueline for the past 1 and a half.
Injuries...

Old
03-13-2013, 11:21 AM
ICdave

Meant to add this last night but ran out of time (aka it was already 3 am and had to get to bed).

Winnipeg Jets pay tribute to Stompiní Tom Connors.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:24 AM
cheswick
Non-registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungagalunga View Post
Sportsdesk's opening line to the game:

"Tonight, 2 ex-Maple Leafs lead the Jets on in Winnipeg"

F'ing classic.
What's sportsdesk?

Old
03-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Gotaf7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Thought that as well, kind of makes you wonder why Meech was stuck in the minors with Postma, Redmond, Jones, Flood, Oduya etc. manning the Jets blueline for the past 1 and a half years.
He has had some untimely injuries, hope he stays healthy he will be a huge help down the stretch. Can't believe how calm he is with the puck in our end, I am very imperessed!

Old
03-13-2013, 11:35 AM
King Woodballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
What's sportsdesk?
TSN's Sportscentre used to be called Sportsdesk until they went all ESPN a bunch of years ago.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:36 AM
broinwhyteridge

I find the grief laughable over on the other side.

If you cheer for a team that hasn't won a championship in almost 50 years, and the best you have to fling at the opposition's fan base is "yeah, well your team used to play somewhere else you Thrasher fan your mother wears army boots and your breath smells of elderberries and you like the Blue Jays", well that's pretty weak sauce and more of a shot at the former city for the team, not the current one.

But then there's a lot of pollution in Toronto so I expect it has had some retarding effects on the intellectual capacity levels of the average Leaf fan.

Old
03-13-2013, 11:38 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
What's their reason? I'm always curious why someone would decide to support another team over your home team. Unless of course the obvious I grew up there or some other legitimate reason (family member plays for them etc.).
Probably grew up with their parents being a maple leafs fan. My kids are born in alberta but I'm hoping they grow up Jets fans cause daddy is. But I'll be be ok with them cheering for the local Oilers to.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:08 PM
tbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
What's their reason? I'm always curious why someone would decide to support another team over your home team. Unless of course the obvious I grew up there or some other legitimate reason (family member plays for them etc.).
When you go 15 years supporting a team and investing yourself in them, it is tough to drop them immediately. I'm coming around but it's still a 1A-1B scenario.

I think playoffs would wipe a lot of "old" teams out of people's heads and bring them over.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:19 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Money phoooooooone. I made a gif.

Just because this is quoted on pretty much every page...

The money phone was ringing off the hook.

Also I really hope Wright pots his first goal in a home game, 'cause he deserves to hear the roar of MTSC for all the effort he puts out. Of the few guys new to a Jets jersey this year, he's definitely the one I'm the most hopeful to see stick around.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:22 PM
jetkarma*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICdave View Post

Meant to add this last night but ran out of time (aka it was already 3 am and had to get to bed).

Winnipeg Jets pay tribute to Stompiní Tom Connors.
Thanks for posting , that is a very appropriate tribute for Stompin Tom Connors.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Gnova
CowboysR^2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
When you go 15 years supporting a team and investing yourself in them, it is tough to drop them immediately. I'm coming around but it's still a 1A-1B scenario.

I think playoffs would wipe a lot of "old" teams out of people's heads and bring them over.
It was actually much easier for me to throw the Leafs under the bus than I thought it would be.

One of the great things about being a Leaf fan before the Jets return to WPG is that I didn't have to get used to etching a struggling team. I had balready been a fan of one for years.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Prot

Quote:
Originally Posted by broinwhyteridge View Post
I find the grief laughable over on the other side.

If you cheer for a team that hasn't won a championship in almost 50 years, and the best you have to fling at the opposition's fan base is "yeah, well your team used to play somewhere else you Thrasher fan your mother wears army boots and your breath smells of elderberries and you like the Blue Jays", well that's pretty weak sauce and more of a shot at the former city for the team, not the current one.

But then there's a lot of pollution in Toronto so I expect it has had some retarding effects on the intellectual capacity levels of the average Leaf fan.
The one thing I've come to realize about the average jaded Leafs fan is they derive pleasure from wishing misery on others. The only joy those types get is seeing others fail. It's a terrible way to live, but if it's all you've got...

Old
03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

Good.....let the hate flooooow through you.

I'm reading through their GDT and PGT now during lunch. A delicious accompaniment to my sweet chili chicken.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:35 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

Nothing like a good 'ol "day after a Leafs loss re-read of their GDT/PGT" to put a smile on your face.

Their misery makes me so, so happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings View Post
Good.....let the hate flooooow through you.

I'm reading through their GDT and PGT now during lunch. A delicious accompaniment to my sweet chili chicken.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Jet
Buff Basher

As much fun as it is discussing a win, the endless talking about Leafs fans, Toronto, etc. is just played out and tired.

To be honest, it makes us look so insecure. At any rate, on to the next.

Closed.