HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Bridgeport SoundTigers Discussion Part III

Closed Thread

Old
04-02-2013, 09:46 PM
PhysicalGraffiti
Bolts STM Since 93

vCash: 500
Maybe I missed how exactly this happened or how this works.

Strome was in the CHL, now he is with our AHL team so at this point he can no longer be sent back to the Juniors? Is that correct?

And what prompted this now? Was BPort in need of a player and CHL season over? Or management just decided to finally to move him up?

Either way, happy to see it!

Old
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhysicalGraffiti View Post
Maybe I missed how exactly this happened or how this works.

Strome was in the CHL, now he is with our AHL team so at this point he can no longer be sent back to the Juniors? Is that correct?

And what prompted this now? Was BPort in need of a player and CHL season over? Or management just decided to finally to move him up?

Either way, happy to see it!
Strome's team got eliminated in the OHL playoffs so he can either play for us or in the AHL. If he plays 6 or more games with the Islanders 1 year on his contract will be whipped out and he will be a RFA in 2 seasons as opposed to 3

Old
04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
LeapOnOver
Tavares' new RW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Strome's team got eliminated in the OHL playoffs so he can either play for us or in the AHL. If he plays 6 or more games with the Islanders 1 year on his contract will be whipped out and he will be a RFA in 2 seasons as opposed to 3
You are leaving out the third option. He could have his season be over and no more hockey this season...

and how about "wiped"..

Old
04-02-2013, 10:24 PM
IslandersFan17

When times got tough, the prospects kind of caught some heat. Now, things are rolling well and all of a sudden our two prospects with the most attention show up in spades.

Couldn't be happier for Lee. I have a feeling the story will be told as if Lee streaked down the boards like lighting and blasted an absolute howitzer lol.

Strome on the other hand... Wow, hands like that will be hard to stop at any level.

Old
04-02-2013, 11:18 PM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
strome is so dirty....
I say Garth trades Boyes and slots Strome in on JT's right wing

Old
04-03-2013, 08:45 AM
TamaTavares

Goin to my first Sound Tigers game tomorrow morning! Any recommendations of what I should know/expect/try/see while I'm there?

Old
04-03-2013, 10:39 AM
redbull
manage the *uck

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformTheMasses View Post
4-2 Bridgeport in the 3rd... The Other goals from tonight
These ITM videos are the best part of this website - amazing work. I'm a bit shocked that the Isles haven't reached out to you and asked you to populate content on their YouTube channel or website.

As for Strome, nice to see him have immediate success. Strome's got NHL hockey sense, vision, hands and he's really improved his game since being drafted.

Those are the types of plays (the goal and assist) that "work" in the NHL as well.

For anyone who watched the whole game, how did Strome look overall? Better than Nino? Nelson? did he have a tough time with the speed or physical play?

The AHL is pretty good hockey.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:40 AM
Degeneration Rex

Sound Tigers play Worcester in one of those school kids games at 11 AM Thursday morning.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:50 AM
InformTheMasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
These ITM videos are the best part of this website - amazing work. I'm a bit shocked that the Isles haven't reached out to you and asked you to populate content on their YouTube channel or website.

For anyone who watched the whole game, how did Strome look overall? Better than Nino? Nelson? did he have a tough time with the speed or physical play?
Thanks, I am Appreciative for all the kind words on the boards and in private messages. Yeah it's something alright, the islanders haven't reached out to me to provide any video or my world class scouting or even my hockey services to skate alongside john tavares, quite frankly I'm as surprised as you are.

Seriously though, I flipped back and forth between bport and the islanders all night but Strome looked really good. I thought he would need at least 40 games in the Dahl next year but if this kid plays like he did last night for the next 10 gam yes and puts up 5 goals and 7 or 8 assists I think that's enough to warrant strong consideration for NHL roster spot. And as I said the first two seasons should be at rw next to jt

Old
04-03-2013, 01:55 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:

As for Strome, nice to see him have immediate success. Strome's got NHL hockey sense, vision, hands and he's really improved his game since being drafted.

Those are the types of plays (the goal and assist) that "work" in the NHL as well.

IMO Strome was leaps and bounds better than Niño last night. Nino actually was skipped a shift or two and replaced by Joe Diamond on the PP. Pellerin shifted Strome around the top two lines before playing him between Diamond and Persson towards the end if the game. Obviously you saw Duamonds goal.

Strome looked like he was playing in the A all year. If he can show that he can take the rigors of the bigger faster guys in that league id say he is ready.

Old
04-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Felix Unger
formerly Dan-o16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
IMO Strome was leaps and bounds better than Niño last night. Nino actually was skipped a shift or two and replaced by Joe Diamond on the PP. Pellerin shifted Strome around the top two lines before playing him between Diamond and Persson towards the end if the game. Obviously you saw Duamonds goal.

Strome looked like he was playing in the A all year. If he can show that he can take the rigors of the bigger faster guys in that league id say he is ready.
I get the feeling that Strome is pretty quick on the uptake. Nino, not so much.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:02 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-o16 View Post
I get the feeling that Strome is pretty quick on the uptake. Nino, not so much.
i want the swiss miss out of here. snowang won't trade him because he's asked for it. in my opinion, this is a move where snowang is cutting of his nose to spite his face, though. nieddereiter is losing value, i believe. he will keep losing value to the point where he is worthless. i hope to see him moved because of that. i also want him moved because i hate his gutless puke act.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:05 PM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
i want the swiss miss out of here. snowang won't trade him because he's asked for it. in my opinion, this is a move where snowang is cutting of his nose to spite his face, though. nieddereiter is losing value, i believe. he will keep losing value to the point where he is worthless. i hope to see him moved because of that. i also want him moved because i hate his gutless puke act.

20 Years old. Still a lot of time to make up for last season

Old
04-03-2013, 03:14 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
20 Years old. Still a lot of time to make up for last season
i will likely always think the swiss miss to be a puke. hard to imagine that he can overcome his cry baby act. he is the most immature prospect that the isles have had in a long, long time. i was hoping to see him moved today.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:31 PM
scott99

What do the lines look like with Strome and Ullstrom now in Bridgeport ? And on defense with Pedan showing up ?

And in the brief highlights I saw last night of Strome, he looked fantastic. His goal was a goalscorer's goal, and his assist showed some shifty skating moves. IF Strome tears it up, you think the Isles will play him the last 5 NHL games this year (6 games he uses up a year of his ELC).

Old
04-03-2013, 03:34 PM
13th Floor

Quote:
i will likely always think the swiss miss to be a puke. hard to imagine that he can overcome his cry baby act. he is the most immature prospect that the isles have had in a long, long time. i was hoping to see him moved today.
Just out of curiosity, are you basing this solely on the cry to be traded?

Not trying to be rude, but I'm feeling a little sour on him lately too, and sometimes I need to take a step back and think about if it is from reading countless posts on here or based on actual actions.

I remember last year he said something about being really confused with his playing time, and then the rumor about him wanting to be traded. For a 20 year old kid, that doesn't seem so bad. Is there anything else?

Old
04-03-2013, 03:42 PM
scott99

Just an update. Brock Nelson is now tied with Niederreiter w/45 points, though Nelson has played 8 less games. Nelson has 19 goals, 26 assists 45 points, Niederreiter has 26-19-45. Donovan is 3rd on the team in scoring, BUT,leads the team in +/- with +14. I wouldn't be surprised by some callups if Bridgeport doesn't make the playoffs.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:54 PM
SI90

Donovan is impressive....I like his game alot...

Old
04-03-2013, 03:56 PM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Just an update. Brock Nelson is now tied with Niederreiter w/45 points, though Nelson has played 8 less games. Nelson has 19 goals, 26 assists 45 points, Niederreiter has 26-19-45. Donovan is 3rd on the team in scoring, BUT,leads the team in +/- with +14. I wouldn't be surprised by some callups if Bridgeport doesn't make the playoffs.

I think it would be good if Nino could hit 30 this season.

Old
04-03-2013, 03:59 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Quote:

soundtigers have a solid enough YT channel. They have highlights of every game. only annoying part is they give away the score in the video description. i try not to look at it cause i want it to be a surprise.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:11 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Just to play devils advocate, i believe these EXACT things were said about a certain Todd Bertuzzi before he was shipped out of here along with some guy named McCabe for some dingleberry who's name i shall not mention.

Me thinks we want to give kids the time to mature, no?

Old
04-03-2013, 05:42 PM
islandermaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13th Floor View Post
Just out of curiosity, are you basing this solely on the cry to be traded?

Not trying to be rude, but I'm feeling a little sour on him lately too, and sometimes I need to take a step back and think about if it is from reading countless posts on here or based on actual actions.

I remember last year he said something about being really confused with his playing time, and then the rumor about him wanting to be traded. For a 20 year old kid, that doesn't seem so bad. Is there anything else?
the reason why he was placed on the isles roster last year (other than his cap hit) was because he whined and cried like a baby about the prospect of having to go back to portland. garth's move? he gave in to the kid and made him the promise that he wouldn't have to. (an aside: garth helped create this monster by making that promise) what was the swiss miss' next move? to be, quite possibly, the least effective player in nhl history (at least, statastically). his next action? to whine and cry about not being on the team this year. then, he threw a temper tantrum and demanded the trade. what a puke!

he is young, i'm well aware of this. however, i haven't seen an isles prospect throw so many temper tantrums and show such a huge amount of immaturity before. seriously, am i the only one who can see this little punk holding his breath until he gets his way? simply put, he is a gutless puke who has soooooooo far to go in terms of gaining an adult mental makeup that he may never be the sum of his physical parts. he is a huge, huge headcase and his attitude is disgusting.

Old
04-03-2013, 05:57 PM
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders

Quote:
the reason why he was placed on the isles roster last year (other than his cap hit) was because he whined and cried like a baby about the prospect of having to go back to portland. garth's move? he gave in to the kid and made him the promise that he wouldn't have to. (an aside: garth helped create this monster by making that promise) what was the swiss miss' next move? to be, quite possibly, the least effective player in nhl history (at least, statastically). his next action? to whine and cry about not being on the team this year. then, he threw a temper tantrum and demanded the trade. what a puke!

he is young, i'm well aware of this. however, i haven't seen an isles prospect throw so many temper tantrums and show such a huge amount of immaturity before. seriously, am i the only one who can see this little punk holding his breath until he gets his way? simply put, he is a gutless puke who has soooooooo far to go in terms of gaining an adult mental makeup that he may never be the sum of his physical parts. he is a huge, huge headcase and his attitude is disgusting.
This is fact or speculation?

Old
04-03-2013, 07:44 PM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

I love that Joey Diamond got his first AHL goal. How has he looked so far? Think he'd be a good AHL-depth signing?

Old
04-03-2013, 07:52 PM
SI90

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLio21093 View Post
I love that Joey Diamond got his first AHL goal. How has he looked so far? Think he'd be a good AHL-depth signing?
Hes played the same his whole life...Most of the times hes the smallest guy on the ice, yet one of the most noticable....

Closed Thread