HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers win 4-0

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 12:02 AM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Re: Hall

I know I slag his "skill" but the point/game pace is undeniable. He reminds me of a better version of a prime Brendan Morrow - skillset and hockey sense of a 3rd liner but the heart and tenacity to make the most of prime offensive minutes and linemates. His speed is what makes him so much more of a point-accumulating threat. It allows him to create as many chances as he does.

I'd like to know how many of those assists have been 2nd assists though.
lol what?

which part of his game screams "3rd liner"?

did you see his pass to Whitney in CHI?
what about that pass to RNH tonight?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
Just took a look at the Avs board and found this:

...Hm.
Maybe he should be complaining about his team going into these games against the Oilers and thinking that they're going to coast to 2 easy points. Joe Sacco is probably climbing the walls in their dressing room right now. He was fuming after the Oilers' 56 shot performance and win (that was a really boring performance lol) and that was against a proverbial AHL line-up so I can only imagine how he's feeling tonight.

Old
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
2008 All-Star team picture in Atlanta. They went with a royalty/Tutors theme for their picture.

Here is Nik Lindstom:

Well Nick is royalty. No explanation needed if this was an isolated picture.

Old
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

Quote:

I know I slag his "skill" but the point/game pace is undeniable. He reminds me of a better version of a prime Brendan Morrow - skillset and hockey sense of a 3rd liner but the heart and tenacity to make the most of prime offensive minutes and linemates. His speed is what makes him so much more of a point-accumulating threat. It allows him to create as many chances as he does.

A "Jordan Eberle" level "backhand" in that "compliment".

Ugh

Old
03-13-2013, 12:04 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Hey, baby steps...he's just now playing a consistent physical game, give him some time for the extracurricular stuff.
Absolutely. I wish it hadn't been MPS on the receiving end there because its hard to see a guy have a whale of a game and then completely fail to nut up while someone is hammering away at his neck. Three and four times.

Believe me, I'd be saying the same thing if that had been Gagner or Hemsky or Eberle. If the player himself is not willing (or able) to muster a convincing defense (not necessary to drop the gloves for that as anyone who has played hockey knows) then somebody else has to step in. Letting a division rival take those kinds of liberties results in the kind of team we have now in Edmonton. A team that everyone in the league knows will just fold up if you start playing rough and chippy.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Baby Nilsson

Quote:
Brown brings an element to this team that we haven't had since...I can't even remember. Definitely nothing in the post-2005 lockout era. We've never had that combination of speed and puck tenacity in our lineup before. Works well with Petrell, who plays a similar game.
He reminds me of Mike Grier

Old
03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
#ualberta

@EdmontonOilers: #Oilers GM Steve Tambellini announces goaltender Yann Danis will be assigned to the AHL's #OKCBarons tomorrow morning

Habby mudt be ready to go.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:06 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Maybe he should be complaining about his team going into these games against the Oilers and thinking that they're going to coast to 2 easy points. Joe Sacco is probably climbing the walls in their dressing room right now. He was fuming after the Oilers' 56 shot performance and win (that was a really boring performance lol) and that was against a proverbial AHL line-up so I can only imagine how he's feeling tonight.
They are really irate over there. Yikes. Especially about the non-goal (never mind the obvious penalty just before it).

But yes, maybe there's a reason we own them. And look where most of our goals were scored tonight, right near the crease.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:07 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:

Sidney Crosby got 3 secondary assists in one game the other night. Doesn't make him any less of a factor in the game. Hell, Yak didn't even get a point on a goal he basically created.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:07 AM
AK Dandyman

Nice win!

Although it wasn't a successful road trip, it did end with a 2 games winning streak, and hopefully it gives us some momentum for the 4 games home stand coming up.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Spawn

Quote:

11 primary
6 secondary

Old
03-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatKeith View Post
They are really irate over there. Yikes. Especially about the non-goal (never mind the obvious penalty just before it).

But yes, maybe there's a reason we own them. And look where most of our goals were scored tonight, right near the crease.
It's always cute when fans don't realize that their team is a cellar dweller.

Sorry Avs fans.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:09 AM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
Absolutely. I wish it hadn't been MPS on the receiving end there because its hard to see a guy have a whale of a game and then completely fail to nut up while someone is hammering away at his neck. Three and four times.

Believe me, I'd be saying the same thing if that had been Gagner or Hemsky or Eberle. If the player himself is not willing (or able) to muster a convincing defense (not necessary to drop the gloves for that as anyone who has played hockey knows) then somebody else has to step in. Letting a division rival take those kinds of liberties results in the kind of team we have now in Edmonton. A team that everyone in the league knows will just fold up if you start playing rough and chippy.
I think he was just more concerned with the play.

He went to the front of the net since we still had possession.

And he did throw a shoulder at Wilson after the play was whistled down, so he did at least have a response.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:09 AM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

Quote:

You're funny man. Even in a post which started off as seeming complimentary, you find a way to bash him. Hockey sense of a 3rd liner? Give me a break, how many 3rd liners can make the pass he made to Whitney against Chicago and the pass to Nuge on the goal tonight? Skillset of a 3rd liner? How many 3rd liners scored 27 goals in 53 games as a 2nd year player and is at a PPG currently and then you throw in the jab about 2nd assists basically belittling his point count. Just stop man.

Look, i understand that Hall has his flaws but when you point out hyperboles like he has the skillset of a 3rd liner and Morrow who he plays nothing alike and throw Seguin stats in our face constantly, it comes accross as you having an agenda and just trying to rile up the fanbase.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:10 AM
worraps
Acceptance

Quote:
At least shove him back ffs. MPS almost fell down flinching away from the last cross check.
I dunno how you can play hockey and let some guy take that many free shots at you.
The fact that the score is 4-0 and there are only three minutes left in the game makes that the perfect time to make a statement about the extent to which you are willing to be pushed around.
Unlike the Marchand-Sedin situation the play was still live. Sticking with it was the right move. He went at Wilson once the whistle was blown.

Old
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
11 primary
6 secondary
Eh-em...

Old
T-Funk

You would think the Avs would at least be in the playoffs for all that arrogance from their fans.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
deep44

Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
Sidney Crosby got 3 secondary assists in one game the other night. Doesn't make him any less of a factor in the game. Hell, Yak didn't even get a point on a goal he basically created.
yeah the whole 2nd assist thing seems like reaching.. hemsky got a assist when a avs player fell over and got assist for hall picking up the puck and passing it to nuge after hemsky got knocked off the puck... and yet you talk about how a sick hemmer can dent the score sheet... put you call hall a 3rd liner.. and wonder how many secondary assists he has

Old
03-13-2013, 12:11 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Dynasty View Post
lol what?

which part of his game screams "3rd liner"?

did you see his pass to Whitney in CHI?
what about that pass to RNH tonight?
I've seen Jannik Hansen and Darren Helm make similar plays on a regular basis.

It's not necessarily an insult. Who cares what "skills" you have when your production is so great?

It's like comparing Smyth and Dvorak. Dvorak was the better skater, shooter, passer, and honestly had great hockey sense as well. He just didn't have the heart, drive, or tenacity to produce like Smyth.

Ill say it again, I'll take a guy like Hall over a super-skilled guy like Ebs.

But I still writhe at the thought that we passed on Seguin to draft this guy. Gagner's development makes it much more tolerable. If he was on his normal 40-pt pace, I'd be *****ing and moaning about it even more than I usually do.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:12 AM
T-Funk

Hall is a 3rd liner, but you'd take him over Ebs...so Ebs is a 4th liner maybe?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:13 AM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
It's always cute when fans don't realize that their team is a cellar dweller.

Sorry Avs fans.
They got pretty high after beating the Hawks. Unlike us.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:14 AM
molsonmuscle360

Quote:
I've seen Jannik Hansen and Darren Helm make similar plays.

It's not necessarily an insult. Who cares what "skills" you have when your production is so great?

It's like comparing Smyth and Dvorak. Dvorak was the better skater, shooter, passer, and honestly had great hockey sense as well. He just didn't have the heart, drive, or tenacity to produce like Smyth.

Ill say it again, I'll take a guy like Hall over a super-skilled guy like Ebs.

But I still writhe at the thought that we passed on Seguin to draft this guy. Gagner's development makes it much more tolerable. If he was on his normal 40-pt pace, I'd be *****ing and moaning about it even more than I usually do.
The difference in the East and West is why the stats are even so close...Not to mention that Seguin lucked in to getting drafted by a team that was already competing for the Cup. You flip the Oilers against the teams in the East, they will probably be running up a lot more goals, the game is alot more free flowing over there.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:14 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Oilers GM Steve Tambellini announces goaltender Yann Danis will be assigned to the AHL's #OKCBarons tomorrow morning
Well that's Tamby's work done for the week then ....

Old
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Senor Catface

vCash: 1937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
11 primary
6 secondary
Aaaaand Bam.

Old
03-13-2013, 12:15 AM
deep44

Quote:
Well that's Tamby's work done for the week then ....
lol he is turning his phone off until the deadline now

Closed Thread