HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jake Gardiner Unhappy?

Old
03-13-2013, 12:39 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
You clearly haven't been paying attention to the Colorado-Toronto threads that pop up every week or two. Otherwise you'd know that things like context and common sense don't matter.
So, what, you're time being spent here undervaluing Gardiner is some sort of petty revenge for all the Stastny threads? If so hope it makes you feel better.

Joe Pesci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartZherdev View Post
Way off on Johansen...#1 centers a lot more valuable and harder to find. Most teams have a Jake Gardiner-type on their roster or in their system already
Just to play devil's advocate - Johansen is a potential #1 center. Gardiner proved that he could be a top 4 d-man last year at the age of 22, and has top pair potnetial. I can see why CLM wouldn't make that deal with them already having Moore & Murray in the pipeline, but I think that Gardiner does have the value to get an unproven prospect that has the potential to turn into a #1C. And just from my perpsective - there are a lot of guys who had the potential to turn into #1C's that end up #2C (Brassard as an example) or worse.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 12:47 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
So, what, you're time being spent here undervaluing Gardiner is some sort of petty revenge for all the Stastny threads? If so hope it makes you feel better.
Not at all, I just find it funny that after seeing that "logic" being used for the leafs it gets to get used against the leafs. Plus it's not like I've got much better to do here at work while I wait til it's time for the next step of the experiment.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:05 PM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujomi View Post
Any chance the TML will move JML to OTT to make room for Gardiner? (Along with making other space on their team?)
I think Toronto would be happy to have the contract off the books. Cant really worry too much about JML going to a divisional rival. He's not the piece thats going to turn Ottawa from a pretty good team into a major contender.

416Leafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:07 PM
sd1976

Quote:
Not at all, I just find it funny that after seeing that "logic" being used for the leafs it gets to get used against the leafs. Plus it's not like I've got much better to do here at work while I wait til it's time for the next step of the experiment.
Would that experiment include hallucinogenic drugs... on you?

sd1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:14 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd1976 View Post
Would that experiment include hallucinogenic drugs... on you?
I wish, I have to take care of that during my off hours. But those are the moments where I'd be ok with adding the legendary Zanon beard to Hunwick, Neymark and our 2nd round pick to get Gardiner...

Old
03-13-2013, 01:27 PM
sd1976

Quote:
I wish, I have to take care of that during my off hours. But those are the moments where I'd be ok with adding the legendary Zanon beard to Hunwick, Neymark and our 2nd round pick to get Gardiner...
Just to put this to rest, the only thing that would make sense from the Avs would be Stastny. Even then, that contract is an absolute albatross... Maybe Stastny and 1.6 mil for Gardiner and a 3rd.

sd1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:30 PM
OilCanada92

How stupid is his agent though... Real classy.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:31 PM
Kyle93
LL4Life

vCash: 1129
Quote:
If he was good enough for the NHL last year and this year he's only good enough to play in the AHL that seems like pretty obvious regression as long as you ignore all context and assume that NHL teams never do stupid things.
he had a concussion and the leafs have a logjam on D so gardiner is forced to play for the marlies for now. So he has regressed this year by getting 30 points in 40 AHL games so far this year?

Kyle93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:38 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Leafs will never trade anything significant to Ottawa.
Don't know how significant of a piece JML is at this point. I would hope that our "significant" pieces wouldn't be sitting in the pressbox for extended periods.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:40 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

I think Gardiner should take his talents with Mr. Schultz in Edmonton.

nofool6110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:41 PM
avsfansince95

Quote:
Just to put this to rest, the only thing that would make sense from the Avs would be Stastny. Even then, that contract is an absolute albatross... Maybe Stastny and 1.6 mil for Gardiner and a 3rd.
LMAO

avsfansince95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Atomos2
Attitude problems

vCash: 543
http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...id=DL|TOR|home

One thing Jake keeps repeating is that the tweet was his agents own opinion.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:11 PM
cgf

Quote:
If I'm being serious I agree that Staz and Gardiner make sense as the basis of a trade, Staz is overpaid by about a mil, but he's only got one more year on that contract after this one and is still an excellent 1b/2a type center, he's a great playmaker who's strong in the dot, has a good two way game and chips in 20 goals a year no matter what, plus he and Kessel would be perfect for each other.

My only concern is that I'd prefer we find an EJ partner more capable of beasting defensively, cause ultimately I'm more worried about my top pairing being able to handle the best lines, than I am their point totals, and as #3 creative type we've already got Barrie and Elliott who have similar talent. That's why Gardiner wouldn't be my first choice for a target in a Stastny trade, but it's one of a number of trades I think could make sense for Staz if the team ends up being able to make up with Radar by the end of the summer.

Old
03-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Keep dreaming. He's not going anywhere and Edmonton has no one they would trade that the leafs would be interested in.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:25 PM
vanwest

I'm puzzled by the Leaf's plan with Gardiner. This guy was a stud last year and is now behind some pretty questionable defencemen on the big club? While some may say this is just his agent, I am not so sure that this does not reflect some frustration by Gardiner too. I think that the Leafs need to get on this quickly before it snowballs.

vanwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:35 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 1205
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I'm puzzled by the Leaf's plan with Gardiner. This guy was a stud last year and is now behind some pretty questionable defencemen on the big club? While some may say this is just his agent, I am not so sure that this does not reflect some frustration by Gardiner too. I think that the Leafs need to get on this quickly before it snowballs.
Us fans have been frustrated for weeks already trying to free Gardiner. His agent was just jumping on board with what all Leaf fans have wanted and been saying for a while.

You'll find very few people who agree with playing Holzer & Kostka (and maybe even Gunnarsson this season due to his ailing hip injury) over Liles and Gardiner.

Our development and treatment of young players scares the hell out of me. Maybe he'll get his chance after the deadline assuming we move some people.

stakesishigh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
snizzbone
Give me the puck ;-)

I'd take Gunnarsson out of that group^. He was shaky to start the year but seems to be back to form. I'm more confused as to why Carlyle insists on having everyone play on their stick side.. put Gunnarsson - Phaneuf back together.

snizzbone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulemon View Post
Keep dreaming. He's not going anywhere and Edmonton has no one they would trade that the leafs would be interested in.
Exactly. What does Edmonton have besides the kids that they won't trade?

Nothing. I don't want Gagner or Hemsky. You have the 1st round pick but even then...Edmonton is right there in the thick of things for the playoffs...few wins and that pick is 8-16 at the end of the season instead of 1-8.

There is no way a deal between the Leafs and the Oilers would happen.

Pi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 02:56 PM
Petro Points

Quote:

Nothing. I don't want Gagner or Hemsky. You have the 1st round pick but even then...Edmonton is right there in the thick of things for the playoffs...few wins and that pick is 8-16 at the end of the season instead of 1-8.

Smid, Petry, Gagner, Paajarvi, Dubnyk, Klefbom ...

There is more to EDM than the 'kids' ..

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:01 PM
OilCanada92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Smid, Petry, Gagner, Paajarvi, Dubnyk, Klefbom ...

There is more to EDM than the 'kids' ..
If the scouts are smart TO would take Klefbom for Gardiner if a deal around them was made.

OilCanada92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:02 PM
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Gardiner's decreased value ... Gagner's increased value...

make the swap now!!!!
Umm no. The Oilers are week at centre not at bottom pairing defenseman

Quote:

You're right; because you wouldnt get any of the assets you mentioned for Gardiner

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
It's making me feel better.

Bender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Numbers

@mirtle: Carlyle: "Jake had an opportunity here. He played two games for our hockey club and we felt he was nowhere near where he needed to be."

This does not sound good at all.......trade coming?

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 03:55 PM
DPyro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
1st round pick please.

DPyro is offline   Reply With Quote