Can the Jets win the division

Old
03-13-2013, 12:58 PM
winterpeg
Sharp Dressed Man

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
I sure as hell hope so because I don't want our first playoff experience being against the Penguins. If we're going to make it in, I'd like to believe that there is even a small chance we could win or at the very least it will be a long hard fought series.

Against Pittsburgh it will be an endless parade of goals and highlight reel plays from Malkin, Neal, Crosby, Letang and Kunitz. Won't be at all enjoyable to watch. It would be absolutely demoralizing.
Unless we face the playoff Fleury from last year. He out sucked even early season penalty kill Pavelec. Then it wouldn't be so bad.

winterpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:05 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterpeg View Post
Unless we face the playoff Fleury from last year. He out sucked even early season penalty kill Pavelec. Then it wouldn't be so bad.
Even if Fleury craps the bed like he did in the playoffs last year, JETS cannot out gun the Penguins. The Penguins can outscore their way out of trouble except for maybe against the Flyers. As soon as the JETS try and play run and gun with someone, they leave Pavelec out to dry and we all know what happens then.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:43 PM
JMT21
I Give A Dam!

Best chance we got is to beat the Canes when we play them. Word is that Enstrom could be back skating in the next few days.

JMT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
wpgJetsfan

Can the Jets win the Division? That's a tough one. We have a chance but realistically? The Canes have been playing really good hockey and therefore I do not believe we can do it. However, I do believe we will make the playoffs.

We could take out the Rangers, Devils, Toronto or Ottawa to make it in. All we need to do is win the tie breakers for 3 of them and we stand a good shot.

wpgJetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote