HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bubba & RockLobster's Thread Of Awesomeness: All Your Threads Are Belong to Mods

Closed Thread

Old
04-03-2013, 10:24 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I smelt it yesterday and I was fine yesterday. I'm kind of dizzy right now but I think it has to do with me not getting much sleep.

I don't feel a burning sensation in my lungs, however I had Qdoba burrito today so something might be burning inside me
Yesterday? Haha you should be fine, but if you sustain the dizziness and/or if it becomes hard to breath and/or burning call the local ER and ask to speak to a nurse (preferably an RN) or a Doc and tell him/her what happened and if you should come in.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:28 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 50
Btw, I should have used the word inhaled instead of smelt, inhaled is more fancy. I don't know why I even did it, but that scent is like the worst.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:31 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Btw, I should have used the word inhaled instead of smelt, inhaled is more fancy. I don't know why I even did it, but that scent is like the worst.
Did it smell like death?

One of my friends inhaled ammonia during lab and the millisecond after it went into his nose he dropped to the floor. It was pretty funny.

E: Also not because of the smell, but he passed out. I believe it was ammonia.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:37 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
Did it smell like death?

One of my friends inhaled ammonia during lab and the millisecond after it went into his nose he dropped to the floor. It was pretty funny.

E: Also not because of the smell, but he passed out.
You know how when you drink coke (not the drug), and you feel that strong fizz stuff coming up. Well, multiply that by 1000 and that's the scent.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
So...I'm in a bit of a conundrum...

I've gotten a new job, one that doesn't start until next Friday. I have been off from my current job, taking Vacation days, this week and go back in tomorrow.

The current job I have, I get the impression that they don't like to re-hire those who leave, on their own accord or otherwise.

So I'm wondering if I should just "burn the bridge" and quit tomorrow and have a week off before I start my new job, or see if they'll allow me to work that 1 week. I'm wondering this because I can't give a full 2 weeks.

I've never liked "burning the bridge" and the only time I did was when I worked at T-Mobile and I just quit after getting a new job because at the time the AT&T acquisition looked like it was going to be going through, and my Call Center had been notified that we wouldn't remain open, because ATT had built one not far from ours and the one I worked in was Leased, so when I got my new job I just left, because I always thought "I'm not ever going to want to go back"

Your thoughts gentlemen, and lady (Sam)?

Hope shines brightest, in the dark, where nothing's ever seen. Lighting undiscovered places, no one's ever been.
Old
04-03-2013, 10:48 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post

I've gotten a new job, one that doesn't start until next Friday. I have been off from my current job, taking Vacation days, this week and go back in tomorrow.

The current job I have, I get the impression that they don't like to re-hire those who leave, on their own accord or otherwise.

So I'm wondering if I should just "burn the bridge" and quit tomorrow and have a week off before I start my new job, or see if they'll allow me to work that 1 week. I'm wondering this because I can't give a full 2 weeks.

I've never liked "burning the bridge" and the only time I did was when I worked at T-Mobile and I just quit after getting a new job because at the time the AT&T acquisition looked like it was going to be going through, and my Call Center had been notified that we wouldn't remain open, because ATT had built one not far from ours and the one I worked in was Leased, so when I got my new job I just left, because I always thought "I'm not ever going to want to go back"

How has this company treated you?

Also I would suggest not taking my advice.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:51 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:

I'll sing, $15 per hour.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:52 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
How has this company treated you?

Also I would suggest not taking my advice.

In all honesty? I don't think that they treat their employees very well at all, which is why, as a rep who has placed in the Top 5% of the company for the last year, I am leaving.

For instance, I live in Wichita, KS. We got hit with a bad snowstorm/blizzard (what our local news called it) in late February. As EVERY place was shutting down, and I mean EVERY place, we stayed open, and told workers that if they couldn't make it in, that the absence would be counted against them. This was a record snowfall for us, something that the city wasn't prepared for, and we had Blizzard like conditions on several days, making it very difficult to go to work.

But they just cared about staying open, which to a degree I can understand...but when the conditions worsened like they did, they showed no care towards their employees, even as the "Execs" on the floor above us and some of our own supervisors were leaving.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:53 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:

I'll sing, $15 per hour.
I don't understand what you're saying? lol.

I'm not hiring anyone, basically I'm asking if I should give a notice, or just show up and quit tomorrow?

***EDIT***

I was too lazy to view the video, just did...absolutely hilarious my friend

Old
04-03-2013, 10:55 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
In all honesty? I don't think that they treat their employees very well at all, which is why, as a rep who has placed in the Top 5% of the company for the last year, I am leaving.

For instance, I live in Wichita, KS. We got hit with a bad snowstorm/blizzard (what our local news called it) in late February. As EVERY place was shutting down, and I mean EVERY place, we stayed open, and told workers that if they couldn't make it in, that the absence would be counted against them. This was a record snowfall for us, something that the city wasn't prepared for, and we had Blizzard like conditions on several days, making it very difficult to go to work.

But they just cared about staying open, which to a degree I can understand...but when the conditions worsened like they did, they showed no care towards their employees, even as the "Execs" on the floor above us and some of our own supervisors were leaving.
Tell them to go **** themselves.

Once again I advise you to NOT take my advice.

Old
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
I don't understand what you're saying? lol.

I'm not hiring anyone, basically I'm asking if I should give a notice, or just show up and quit tomorrow?

***EDIT***

I was too lazy to view the video, just did...absolutely hilarious my friend
Sing to your boss, that you're quitting. I didn't really read your post FYI, just saw you wanting to quit so I posted that.

Why is our OT so dead usually? When I was with the Rangers , they were active

Old
04-03-2013, 11:01 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
Sing to your boss, that you're quitting. I didn't really read your post FYI, just saw you wanting to quit so I posted that.

Why is our OT so dead usually? When I was with the Rangers , they were active
Because we are very boring people.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:06 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

So 2 people say quit....anyone else? Is there no one lurking in the thread right now?

Old
04-03-2013, 11:09 PM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Quote:
So 2 people say quit....anyone else? Is there no one lurking in the thread right now?
I said to not take my advice.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Rhaego

Aren't you leaving anyways? (Assuming its for a better job) say **** it and have a good week.

Old
04-03-2013, 11:46 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:

If you need the money then work.
If you don't need the money then take a week vacation off.

Old
04-04-2013, 01:58 AM
BrickAHL
No Scrubs

Haha Ryan O'Byrne blocked me on Twitter.

Old
04-04-2013, 06:15 AM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:

It's not a good idea to just quit with no notice at all. 2 weeks is nice, but if it's not possible, you should give what notice you can. This company will probably be called for references in the future, when you're looking for another job.

However, it also depends on your state of mind. If you're so upset with this company that you can't think straight, or if you feel you need the mental health days, take the time off. A few days to rest, relax, and clear your mind of the old job before starting the new job is not a bad thing. Especially since it will likely be a little while before you're able to take any vacation days at the new job.

04-04-2013, 09:42 AM
The Shermanator
Regular Sized Rudy

vCash: 177
SEPH I've had vertigo for 3 days and I didn't smell anything. Help me.

Old
04-04-2013, 09:44 AM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
It's not a good idea to just quit with no notice at all. 2 weeks is nice, but if it's not possible, you should give what notice you can. This company will probably be called for references in the future, when you're looking for another job.

However, it also depends on your state of mind. If you're so upset with this company that you can't think straight, or if you feel you need the mental health days, take the time off. A few days to rest, relax, and clear your mind of the old job before starting the new job is not a bad thing. Especially since it will likely be a little while before you're able to take any vacation days at the new job.
I echo this.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:10 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

I am a free man

Old
04-04-2013, 10:13 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
I am a free man
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Have a nice dinner tonight and a couple of cold ones. Don't look back. Onward and upward.

P.S.: I'm doing the same thing at the end of the summer but that includes a move as well, so thank you for the additional motivation.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
Go visit a doctor man, don't play around with things like that, you could have some serious neurological problems.

I broke my freaking nose when I had vertigo a while ago.

Old
04-04-2013, 10:30 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Have a nice dinner tonight and a couple of cold ones. Don't look back. Onward and upward.

P.S.: I'm doing the same thing at the end of the summer but that includes a move as well, so thank you for the additional motivation.
LOL, thanks TPS.

It ended up being a bit bittersweet, but I have no regrets.

I couldn't give a full 2 weeks notice (it would have been 7 working days notice) based on when my start date is, and based on the type of job I do, leaving me out there would have come at a potential harm to my old Company. So I don't regret it, I came in and gave what notice I could, they said that I didn't have to work it and allowed me to gather my personal belongings and leave, very simple.

So now I don't start my new job until 4/15/13, I'll kick back, enjoy some time and talk with you guys!

Old
04-04-2013, 11:09 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
The best docs don't even how to treat vertigo, (equilibrium in our ear is absolutely amazingly cool/hard) so the best thing I think I can tell you is to get a decent amount of sleep and do stress-free activates. Oh and go to the Doc like Ivan said if you think something is wrong.

Closed Thread