HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #27 -- Wed Mar 13, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2013, 06:54 PM
  #101
DeYarmond Edison
got any whisky?
 
DeYarmond Edison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bored in the USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,187
vCash: 400
Sigh. It's almost like he's trying to get canned.

DeYarmond Edison is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
  #102
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats
 
Kronwalled55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 5,898
vCash: 500
If you look through this thread closely, you'll see there's actually going to be a game tonight.

Kronwalled55 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
  #103
Fine young man
Registered User
 
Fine young man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 238
vCash: 500
I never thought I'd say this, but if Abdelkader stays on Datsyuk's line for the whole game I'm jumping on the 'fire Babcock' bandwagon... Not only does he suck but he also makes the games boring to watch because he kills Datsyuk...

Fine young man is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
  #104
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
I am sick of trying to defend and stick up for this teams management!!! what the hell is going on? making the worst possible line choices you can, put one of the best players in the league with bums who would not be forth liners on most teams? trying to run him out of town? I think so.

Any one who says or thinks they done the correct thing letting Stevie walk to Tampa, your out your damn mind!! now he is going to kick the **** out of next year a lot!!!! Holland is was done, Babs is tanking this team to prove a point I think!!

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
  #105
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
I am sick of trying to defend and stick up for this teams management!!! what the hell is going on? making the worst possible line choices you can, put one of the best players in the league with bums who would not be forth liners on most teams? trying to run him out of town? I think so.

Any one who says or thinks they done the correct thing letting Stevie walk to Tampa, your out your damn mind!! now he is going to kick the **** out of next year a lot!!!! Holland is was done, Babs is tanking this team to prove a point I think!!
What the hell has Yzerman accomplished in Tampa Bay? What brilliant moves? Lucked into Stamkos.

Vladdy84 is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
  #106
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
In regards to all the moaning and groaning about coaching, I decided to ask a well known and respected coach that I'm acquainted with about the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I'd like to pose a question to a veteran coach. Why does it seem like experienced and veteran coaches at various points act stubborn and stick with certain players/plays for long periods of time even if it looks like it isn't working?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach
good question, sometimes its a matter of principal. sometimes its stubborness. but a lot of times its beacuse they understand that what they are doing is the way things should be done. and if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, but on 3rd and long we pass, and on 4th we punt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
That sounds about right.
It seems many of the Detroit coaches are like that
That's why I was curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach
ah, yes, most coaches are like that actually,
including me

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
  #107
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 3,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
What the hell has Yzerman accomplished in Tampa Bay? What brilliant moves? Lucked into Stamkos.
Nearly won GM of the year

TatarTangle is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
  #108
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
What the hell has Yzerman accomplished in Tampa Bay? What brilliant moves? Lucked into Stamkos.
And what block buster moves has kenny made that where not handed him or put in place by Bowman??? funny how the team has tanked with out him while Chicago are well what the wings used to be. Stop defending this guy. come on and call a spade a spade, he just like a player is just done does not have any longer no harm no foul. but go out on top not like this. the blind fan base will support him untill we are right back in the 80's!!

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
  #109
DRWCountryClub
Registered User
 
DRWCountryClub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
In regards to all the moaning and groaning about coaching, I decided to ask a well known and respected coach that I'm acquainted with about the issue.
That veteran coach doesn't know how to use proper punctuation? Or were you just typing out what he 'said'?

DRWCountryClub is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
  #110
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
And what block buster moves has kenny made that where not handed him or put in place by Bowman??? funny how the team has tanked with out him while Chicago are well what the wings used to be. Stop defending this guy. come on and call a spade a spade, he just like a player is just done does not have any longer no harm no foul. but go out on top not like this. the blind fan base will support him untill we are right back in the 80's!!
I'm not defending Holland. Just not enamored with Yzerman as a GM.

Vladdy84 is online now  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
  #111
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
And what block buster moves has kenny made that where not handed him or put in place by Bowman??? funny how the team has tanked with out him while Chicago are well what the wings used to be. Stop defending this guy. come on and call a spade a spade, he just like a player is just done does not have any longer no harm no foul. but go out on top not like this. the blind fan base will support him untill we are right back in the 80's!!
Bowman was an idiot front office guy in Buffalo and had his powers taken away from him in Detroit... Seriously this is one of the dumbest notions that plays out, with little in evidence to support it.

Bowman never had full GM powers, always in a share with Devellano and Holland. Bowman pushed to trade Yzerman. On top of all that he was stripped of the powers in 97, when Holland became full time GM. Why would they do that? Not because Holland was offering bad info or decisions, Holland also pitched the Shanahan trade that Bowman gets all the credit for. Just right on down the line this is funny. He lived in Buffalo people after his retirement, he basically was a guy that talked to Babcock on the phone regularly and was brought in for their quarter meetings. I am sure they respect him, but Devellano and Holland don't make decisions because of Bowman, they do what they want.

It hasn't been quite up to par here lately, but it isn't this teams God given right to be flat out dominant anymore. They need a plan and they have earned the right of a couple seasons to work this out.


Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 03-13-2013 at 07:59 PM.
The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
  #112
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman
 
JmanWingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Somewhere
Country: United States
Posts: 4,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
That veteran coach doesn't know how to use proper punctuation? Or were you just typing out what he 'said'?
Facebook+Cell phone= Throw punctuation and grammar out the door.

JmanWingsFan is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
  #113
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 19,688
vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
Any one who says or thinks they done the correct thing letting Stevie walk to Tampa, your out your damn mind!! now he is going to kick the **** out of next year a lot!!!! Holland is was done, Babs is tanking this team to prove a point I think!!
I have no idea what this means.

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
  #114
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Nearly won GM of the year
Then has spent two straight seasons out of the playoff picture. Oddly enough Holland spends half a bad season and people want to call out 15 years of success.

I like Stevie but if they are axing Holland, Nill is getting the call.

Yzerman is a questionable hire at this point, Tampa has really struggled since his first year.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 PM
  #115
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Bowman was an idiot front office guy in Buffalo and had his powers taken away from him in Detroit... Seriously this is one of the dumbest notions that plays out, with little in evidence to support it.

Bowman never had full GM powers, always in a share with Devellano and Holland. Bowman pushed to trade Yzerman. On top of all that he was stripped of the powers in 97, when Holland became full time GM. Why would they do that? Not because Holland was offering bad info or decisions, Holland also pitched the Shanahan trade that Bowman gets all the credit for. Just right on down the line this is funny. He lived in Buffalo people after his retirement, he basically was a guy that talked to Babcock on the phone regularly and was brought in for their quarter meetings. I am sure they respect him, but Devellano and Holland don't make decisions because of Bowman, they do what they want.

It hasn't been quite up to par here lately, but it isn't this teams God given right to be flat out dominant anymore. They need a plan and they have earned the right of a couple seasons to work this out.
I am not saying that he has done nothing, loved our team still do. I just think the 4 or 5 yrs he has been bad to okay as a GM. I am not asking us to be dominant but take some action with replacement of players that you knew where going to leave. I know we had some players go down. and no I am not even talking about having a replacement for Nick we all know that cant happen.

But Sammy back why? Bert 2 more yrs? Danny is done, no fill in for Stuart? give our first for KQ when you let him go before it just seems like he is trying old moves over and over with the same lackluster out come. Babs say we need to be bigger faster stronger, what did he get?

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
  #116
Flowah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 8,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Then has spent two straight seasons out of the playoff picture. Oddly enough Holland spends half a bad season and people want to call out 15 years of success.

I like Stevie but if they are axing Holland, Nill is getting the call.

Yzerman is a questionable hire at this point, Tampa has really struggled since his first year.
Half a bad season? People have been pointing to the writing on the wall for a couple years now.

Flowah is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:22 PM
  #117
Syckle78
Registered User
 
Syckle78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Redford, MI
Country: Belgium
Posts: 7,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Bowman was an idiot front office guy in Buffalo and had his powers taken away from him in Detroit... Seriously this is one of the dumbest notions that plays out, with little in evidence to support it.

Bowman never had full GM powers, always in a share with Devellano and Holland. Bowman pushed to trade Yzerman. On top of all that he was stripped of the powers in 97, when Holland became full time GM. Why would they do that? Not because Holland was offering bad info or decisions, Holland also pitched the Shanahan trade that Bowman gets all the credit for. Just right on down the line this is funny. He lived in Buffalo people after his retirement, he basically was a guy that talked to Babcock on the phone regularly and was brought in for their quarter meetings. I am sure they respect him, but Devellano and Holland don't make decisions because of Bowman, they do what they want.

It hasn't been quite up to par here lately, but it isn't this teams God given right to be flat out dominant anymore. They need a plan and they have earned the right of a couple seasons to work this out.
Agreed with most of this. Just a question, though. Has the couple seasons started yet or it starting now? Just want to know when it's acceptable to start shopping for torches and pitchforks.

Syckle78 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
  #118
Goalie guy
Registered User
 
Goalie guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Taylor MI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,437
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I have no idea what this means.
I am sorry here, I think he should have stepped down 2 years ago and let someone else Namely Steve Yzerman run his team! yes I said his team because it is, he is the wings. could he have sucked? yep you bet. could he have done any worse? yep but he may have just fooled a lot of people just like he done on the ice. why not give him the chance to sink or swim? is it that far of a stretch to think he would of and could of done very well here?

Goalie guy is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
  #119
probertrules24
Registered User
 
probertrules24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
I am not saying that he has done nothing, loved our team still do. I just think the 4 or 5 yrs he has been bad to okay as a GM. I am not asking us to be dominant but take some action with replacement of players that you knew where going to leave. I know we had some players go down. and no I am not even talking about having a replacement for Nick we all know that cant happen.

But Sammy back why? Bert 2 more yrs? Danny is done, no fill in for Stuart? give our first for KQ when you let him go before it just seems like he is trying old moves over and over with the same lackluster out come. Babs say we need to be bigger faster stronger, what did he get?
In your first paragraph you mention to take some action then in the second paragraph you mention the actions he took. Sometimes moves pay off and sometimes they don't.

probertrules24 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
  #120
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Agreed with most of this. Just a question, though. Has the couple seasons started yet or it starting now? Just want to know when it's acceptable to start shopping for torches and pitchforks.
I think it starts next season, have always thought he would have three years.

If next year is a complete disaster, like bottom of the league embarrassing it might move up. But I am willing to give him a couple off-seasons to work on this. If he doesn't have it done, move Holland upstairs.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
  #121
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 9,727
vCash: 500
Woho, Red wings on TSN

mindfly is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
  #122
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 26,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Half a bad season? People have been pointing to the writing on the wall for a couple years now.
This team was in first place in February last season, those people are trigger happy.

The Zetterberg Era is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
  #123
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kramerica Industries
Country: Argentina
Posts: 19,688
vCash: 526
Nyquist is in!

SoupNazi is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
  #124
chances14
Registered User
 
chances14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 8,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Then has spent two straight seasons out of the playoff picture. Oddly enough Holland spends half a bad season and people want to call out 15 years of success.

I like Stevie but if they are axing Holland, Nill is getting the call.

Yzerman is a questionable hire at this point, Tampa has really struggled since his first year.
Agreed. I don't like how holland has handled this team the last couple years but I really don't get this love affair with yzerman being a better gm than holland.

chances14 is offline  
Old
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
  #125
FlashyG
Registered User
 
FlashyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,421
vCash: 500
looks like I'm going to miss the first period or most of it thanks to TSN trying to air all 3 games happening tonight even though they overlap.

This Montreal Ottawa game will probably go to OT/Shootout and it doesn't look like they'll air any of the Flames Wings game on TSN2.

To make things worse my alternate option of Center Ice is blacked out thanks to TSN carrying the game.

FlashyG is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.