HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #27 -- Wed Mar 13, 2013 - Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 p.m.

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2013, 06:54 PM
DeYarmond Edison
got any whisky?

vCash: 400
Sigh. It's almost like he's trying to get canned.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

vCash: 500
If you look through this thread closely, you'll see there's actually going to be a game tonight.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:05 PM
Fine young man

I never thought I'd say this, but if Abdelkader stays on Datsyuk's line for the whole game I'm jumping on the 'fire Babcock' bandwagon... Not only does he suck but he also makes the games boring to watch because he kills Datsyuk...

Old
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
Goalie guy

I am sick of trying to defend and stick up for this teams management!!! what the hell is going on? making the worst possible line choices you can, put one of the best players in the league with bums who would not be forth liners on most teams? trying to run him out of town? I think so.

Any one who says or thinks they done the correct thing letting Stevie walk to Tampa, your out your damn mind!! now he is going to kick the **** out of next year a lot!!!! Holland is was done, Babs is tanking this team to prove a point I think!!

Old
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie guy View Post
I am sick of trying to defend and stick up for this teams management!!! what the hell is going on? making the worst possible line choices you can, put one of the best players in the league with bums who would not be forth liners on most teams? trying to run him out of town? I think so.

Any one who says or thinks they done the correct thing letting Stevie walk to Tampa, your out your damn mind!! now he is going to kick the **** out of next year a lot!!!! Holland is was done, Babs is tanking this team to prove a point I think!!
What the hell has Yzerman accomplished in Tampa Bay? What brilliant moves? Lucked into Stamkos.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:26 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

In regards to all the moaning and groaning about coaching, I decided to ask a well known and respected coach that I'm acquainted with about the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I'd like to pose a question to a veteran coach. Why does it seem like experienced and veteran coaches at various points act stubborn and stick with certain players/plays for long periods of time even if it looks like it isn't working?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach
good question, sometimes its a matter of principal. sometimes its stubborness. but a lot of times its beacuse they understand that what they are doing is the way things should be done. and if it doesn't work, then it doesn't work, but on 3rd and long we pass, and on 4th we punt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
That sounds about right.
It seems many of the Detroit coaches are like that
That's why I was curious
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach
ah, yes, most coaches are like that actually,
including me

Old
03-13-2013, 07:28 PM
TatarTangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
What the hell has Yzerman accomplished in Tampa Bay? What brilliant moves? Lucked into Stamkos.
Nearly won GM of the year

Old
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Goalie guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladdy84 View Post
And what block buster moves has kenny made that where not handed him or put in place by Bowman??? funny how the team has tanked with out him while Chicago are well what the wings used to be. Stop defending this guy. come on and call a spade a spade, he just like a player is just done does not have any longer no harm no foul. but go out on top not like this. the blind fan base will support him untill we are right back in the 80's!!

Old
03-13-2013, 07:49 PM
DRWCountryClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmanWingsFan View Post
In regards to all the moaning and groaning about coaching, I decided to ask a well known and respected coach that I'm acquainted with about the issue.
That veteran coach doesn't know how to use proper punctuation? Or were you just typing out what he 'said'?

Old
03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

Quote:
And what block buster moves has kenny made that where not handed him or put in place by Bowman??? funny how the team has tanked with out him while Chicago are well what the wings used to be. Stop defending this guy. come on and call a spade a spade, he just like a player is just done does not have any longer no harm no foul. but go out on top not like this. the blind fan base will support him untill we are right back in the 80's!!
I'm not defending Holland. Just not enamored with Yzerman as a GM.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Bowman was an idiot front office guy in Buffalo and had his powers taken away from him in Detroit... Seriously this is one of the dumbest notions that plays out, with little in evidence to support it.

Bowman never had full GM powers, always in a share with Devellano and Holland. Bowman pushed to trade Yzerman. On top of all that he was stripped of the powers in 97, when Holland became full time GM. Why would they do that? Not because Holland was offering bad info or decisions, Holland also pitched the Shanahan trade that Bowman gets all the credit for. Just right on down the line this is funny. He lived in Buffalo people after his retirement, he basically was a guy that talked to Babcock on the phone regularly and was brought in for their quarter meetings. I am sure they respect him, but Devellano and Holland don't make decisions because of Bowman, they do what they want.

It hasn't been quite up to par here lately, but it isn't this teams God given right to be flat out dominant anymore. They need a plan and they have earned the right of a couple seasons to work this out.

Last edited by The Zetterberg Era: 03-13-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 07:54 PM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
That veteran coach doesn't know how to use proper punctuation? Or were you just typing out what he 'said'?
Facebook+Cell phone= Throw punctuation and grammar out the door.

Old
03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Quote:
I have no idea what this means.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:01 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake View Post
Nearly won GM of the year
Then has spent two straight seasons out of the playoff picture. Oddly enough Holland spends half a bad season and people want to call out 15 years of success.

I like Stevie but if they are axing Holland, Nill is getting the call.

Yzerman is a questionable hire at this point, Tampa has really struggled since his first year.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Goalie guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Bowman was an idiot front office guy in Buffalo and had his powers taken away from him in Detroit... Seriously this is one of the dumbest notions that plays out, with little in evidence to support it.

Bowman never had full GM powers, always in a share with Devellano and Holland. Bowman pushed to trade Yzerman. On top of all that he was stripped of the powers in 97, when Holland became full time GM. Why would they do that? Not because Holland was offering bad info or decisions, Holland also pitched the Shanahan trade that Bowman gets all the credit for. Just right on down the line this is funny. He lived in Buffalo people after his retirement, he basically was a guy that talked to Babcock on the phone regularly and was brought in for their quarter meetings. I am sure they respect him, but Devellano and Holland don't make decisions because of Bowman, they do what they want.

It hasn't been quite up to par here lately, but it isn't this teams God given right to be flat out dominant anymore. They need a plan and they have earned the right of a couple seasons to work this out.
I am not saying that he has done nothing, loved our team still do. I just think the 4 or 5 yrs he has been bad to okay as a GM. I am not asking us to be dominant but take some action with replacement of players that you knew where going to leave. I know we had some players go down. and no I am not even talking about having a replacement for Nick we all know that cant happen.

But Sammy back why? Bert 2 more yrs? Danny is done, no fill in for Stuart? give our first for KQ when you let him go before it just seems like he is trying old moves over and over with the same lackluster out come. Babs say we need to be bigger faster stronger, what did he get?

Old
03-13-2013, 08:21 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Then has spent two straight seasons out of the playoff picture. Oddly enough Holland spends half a bad season and people want to call out 15 years of success.

Yzerman is a questionable hire at this point, Tampa has really struggled since his first year.
Half a bad season? People have been pointing to the writing on the wall for a couple years now.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:22 PM
Syckle78

Quote:

Agreed with most of this. Just a question, though. Has the couple seasons started yet or it starting now? Just want to know when it's acceptable to start shopping for torches and pitchforks.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Goalie guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
I have no idea what this means.
I am sorry here, I think he should have stepped down 2 years ago and let someone else Namely Steve Yzerman run his team! yes I said his team because it is, he is the wings. could he have sucked? yep you bet. could he have done any worse? yep but he may have just fooled a lot of people just like he done on the ice. why not give him the chance to sink or swim? is it that far of a stretch to think he would of and could of done very well here?

Old
03-13-2013, 08:26 PM
probertrules24

Quote:
I am not saying that he has done nothing, loved our team still do. I just think the 4 or 5 yrs he has been bad to okay as a GM. I am not asking us to be dominant but take some action with replacement of players that you knew where going to leave. I know we had some players go down. and no I am not even talking about having a replacement for Nick we all know that cant happen.

But Sammy back why? Bert 2 more yrs? Danny is done, no fill in for Stuart? give our first for KQ when you let him go before it just seems like he is trying old moves over and over with the same lackluster out come. Babs say we need to be bigger faster stronger, what did he get?
In your first paragraph you mention to take some action then in the second paragraph you mention the actions he took. Sometimes moves pay off and sometimes they don't.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:27 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syckle78 View Post
Agreed with most of this. Just a question, though. Has the couple seasons started yet or it starting now? Just want to know when it's acceptable to start shopping for torches and pitchforks.
I think it starts next season, have always thought he would have three years.

If next year is a complete disaster, like bottom of the league embarrassing it might move up. But I am willing to give him a couple off-seasons to work on this. If he doesn't have it done, move Holland upstairs.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:29 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Woho, Red wings on TSN

Old
03-13-2013, 08:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Half a bad season? People have been pointing to the writing on the wall for a couple years now.
This team was in first place in February last season, those people are trigger happy.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:31 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Nyquist is in!

Old
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
chances14

Quote:

Agreed. I don't like how holland has handled this team the last couple years but I really don't get this love affair with yzerman being a better gm than holland.

Old
03-13-2013, 08:33 PM
FlashyG

looks like I'm going to miss the first period or most of it thanks to TSN trying to air all 3 games happening tonight even though they overlap.

This Montreal Ottawa game will probably go to OT/Shootout and it doesn't look like they'll air any of the Flames Wings game on TSN2.

To make things worse my alternate option of Center Ice is blacked out thanks to TSN carrying the game.

Closed Thread