HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Lost in all the hoopla over Boudreau offense coming back is the fact that it seems to have brought Boudreau defense along with it. If the Capitals continue to play like this and do make the playoffs they're first round chowder for just about any team they get unless it's Winnipeg and Winnipeg decides to trade chances. That's why I'm still for tank. Need to do this thing right.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Sweet. Doug Murray on the ice against Michael Grabner this Saturday. Those literally might be the slowest and fastest men in the National Hockey League.
Jeff Schultz begs to differ.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:37 PM
tycoonheart

I think the defense has been solid, actually. They gave up: 2,0,1,2 during the 4 game road trip.

I think the goalies have been a little inconsistent.

Not worried about this D, if Green can stay healthy.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:41 PM
txpd

i love reading these boards these days. the team sucks. if they manage to win its only to their own detriment and will be followed by being ground down down like hamburger and easily dispatched in the first round.

if they lose, they suck. if they win, there's always an excuse why the other team lost.
its a perfect lose/lose scenario.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:42 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
i love reading these boards these days. the team sucks. if they manage to win its only to their own detriment and will be followed by being ground down down like hamburger and easily dispatched in the first round.

if they lose, they suck. if they win, there's always an excuse why the other team lost.
You mean stating what has been the case for, I dunno, 14 years?

Replace first with second if it makes you feel better. Not sure how stating the obvious is a crime.

Old
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post

And the board loves reading you these days. Always the contrarian. Always defending McPhee in backhanded ways. Suggesting the Caps trade Ovechkin and Backstrom. Did I miss anything?

Old
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Lost in all the hoopla over Boudreau offense coming back is the fact that it seems to have brought Boudreau defense along with it. If the Capitals continue to play like this and do make the playoffs they're first round chowder for just about any team they get unless it's Winnipeg and Winnipeg decides to trade chances. That's why I'm still for tank. Need to do this thing right.
I'm not sure this represents much of a change unless you are only comparing the team that showed up this week to Hunter Hockey. They are weak on D. Have been all season.

(I happen to agree that this doesn't look like a team that can make any noise in the playoffs.)

Old
03-25-2013, 03:05 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
The Caps have also had bad injury troubles this year. If Green, Orlov, Laich, Johansson, Erskine, and Kundratek hadn't all missed significant time both the offense and defense would be much better most likely. Add to that the fact that Holtby has a .935sv%, excluding his 1st four starts and I think the best could be yet to come.

Oh yeah, and Hunter's ultra defensive team spent at least twice as much time in their own zone running around against NY in the playoffs last year, as Oates team did last night.

This team IMO has a chance to be very successful this year if they make the playoffs (I think they'll catch Winnipeg). Their best players are playing like their best players and still getting better each game, Holtby has been great since his 1st 4 games, and they're just getting the hang of Oates system.

But as I said our best players are playing like our best players right now. That's the key IMO. If this continues they'll be successful.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
And the board loves reading you these days. Always the contrarian. Always defending McPhee in backhanded ways. Suggesting the Caps trade Ovechkin and Backstrom. Did I miss anything?
Tex makes three or four theories a year and then just pounds the point home the rest of the time.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Bah, the Pens have gotten two of my favorite (a couple years ago, at least) players in the league in the past two days.

Murray's slow, but I think he's a slightly better version of Erskine.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:57 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Bah, the Pens have gotten two of my favorite (a couple years ago, at least) players in the league in the past two days.

Murray's slow, but I think he's a slightly better version of Erskine.
Same with me....makes me think back to how well the Billy G trade worked out for them. I've wanted both of these guys for 2 years. This year of course, they're viewed with less enthusiasm, but I suspect they'll play well for the Pens which will only further disgust me.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:58 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Just posted this in yesterday's game thread, but it works in here as well:

Beagle is on 980 right now. He said Fehr's injury last night is not related to Fehr's shoulders, and that Fehr was riding a stationairy bike at practice. Beagle seemed hopefull Fehr would play tomorrow, but we will see. Not related to Fehr's shoulders is good news considering Fehr's past shoulder issues.

Old
03-25-2013, 03:59 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

This is why Fehr should accept a 2 year deal for a bit of a discount. He's almost always dinged up, sometimes in a major way and his only success has been in DC.

2 years, $1mil per, or as much as MP85 $$ tops...

Old
03-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Halpysback

Harmlik, Gill, Scuderi, Greene, Salvador, Knuble, Recchi, Guerin, Holmstrom, Byfuglien were all slow too.

Doesn't matter a lick in the playoffs unless your entire team is predicated upon insane team speed. Otherwise there's no space to be fast in the first place. Murray will be in everyone's face every single time someone goes within 10 feet of Fleury, which is the only reason they brought him along. People seem to forget that when the Sharks were actually getting to conference finals Murray was a complete and total beast.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 1000
so i know a few guys from RMNB post here, and i didnt notice, but did anyone share this yet?

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...on/#more-46107

Old
03-25-2013, 04:09 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Harmlik, Gill, Scuderi, Greene, Salvador, Knuble, Recchi, Guerin, Holmstrom, Byfuglien were all slow too.

Doesn't matter a lick in the playoffs unless your entire team is predicated upon insane team speed. Otherwise there's no space to be fast in the first place. Murray will be in everyone's face every single time someone goes within 10 feet of Fleury, which is the only reason they brought him along. People seem to forget that when the Sharks were actually getting to conference finals Murray was a complete and total beast.
Buff isn't slow. He's actually pretty fast. He's just not super quick.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of steel View Post
so i know a few guys from RMNB post here, and i didnt notice, but did anyone share this yet?

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...on/#more-46107
I don't think it's particularly likely we see Forsberg in DC this season. I'd bet if he comes over, it's straight to Hershey.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
shero overpaid idiot, go over to the pens board and see how they feel.

also regher isnt the player he used to be, he'd be our 5th best defensemen, maybe if you actually watched hockey you would know this
You're calling me an idiot? LOL. Grow up, ya asshat.

Who gives a crap how the Pens fans feel? Shero gets it done. Its obvious, as well as with the trade today for Murray.

The rest of your comments arent worth a response. You want to continue to act like a d-bag towards me, have at it.

That said,

Fire George

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 03-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Hey now! Easy there ..remember we're all Caps fans here

You are right tho. Morrow is absolutely washed up and I used to love the guy and how he played. The Pens gave up far too much if that was their best D prospect. In fact they giving up anything pretty much ensured they gave up too much. I watched a few games of Morrow these last couple years and talk about falling off a cliff. Reminds me of when we got Scott Walker. Great warrior but was out of gas when he got here.

Regher is in the same boat. I like our D and once we get Erskine back in for Hillen (who hasn't been bad himself) I would not see room for Regher in the top 6 at this stage of his career.

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"
You don't need to stick up for me. I dont care what that little twerp says. He's got Golem as his avatar, and his screen name is what an idiots response to any question would be. It was probably either between "um" or "duh". He went with the former, obviously. Enough said.

Regehr is only 32 (granted, will be 33 in a month). I dont think he's over the hill. He's not being used correctly in Buffalo, as he is made to be a top pair. He'd be an ideal middle pairing guy for Green, or for Orlov. If paired with the correct dman, he's exactly what this team needs, I believe.

But, everyone has an ******* (I mean, opinion)

That said,

Fire George

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 03-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
Murray has regressed even more than Morrow.
Morrow and Murray are 2 guys you do *not* want to play in a 7 game series. For all the Pens flash and dash, these 2 guys will ground and pound.

Pens are loading up. They are a scary team right now with these 2 moves. They added a lot of ggrit, experience, leadership, and depth.

Yes, I am jealous.

That said,

Fire George

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 03-25-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old
03-25-2013, 04:25 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I don't think it's particularly likely we see Forsberg in DC this season. I'd bet if he comes over, it's straight to Hershey.
After the MAJO struggles, Hershey should be the logical path.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
After the MAJO struggles, Hershey should be the logical path.
Yeah, I don't see McPhee trading/waiving a roster player so he can bring Forsberg to the big club just to burn a year of his ELC.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Blades of steel
log off.

vCash: 1000
Yeah Murray will def put a hurting on

Old
03-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Buff isn't slow. He's actually pretty fast. He's just not super quick.
In the hawks cup run he used his speed about 0% of the time. He's not slow, but he wasn't outskating anybody and they didn't need him to.

Once he gets going, yeah he has wheels, but on offense he practically never had the space to get going in the first place since he needs as much runway for it as a 747.

Old
03-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
Morrow and Murray are 2 guys you do *not* want to play in a 7 game series. For all the Pens flash and dash, these 2 guys will ground and pound.

Pens are loading up. They are a scary team right now with these 2 moves. They added a lot of ggrit, experience, leadership, and depth.

Yes, I am jealous.
Yeah, this is most people are missing. It's like they watch the playoffs, see the light after watching Gill bearhug his way into the ECFs/SCFs/SC, and then when the regular season rolls around get their memory wiped completely, only to be amazed again a few months later.

Morrow and Murray wouldn't have as much of an impact for us, though. Players bend towards the game of the team, which is why you'll see Morrow hitting everything that moves there and why Cooke was such a tame rabbit when we had him.

It's amazing how McPhee managed to amass the tamest group of higher-end grinders in the league in Laich, Brouwer, Chimera and Ward. Gotta be a directive from upper management. 13 million between them and all but a couple pens wingers play with more snarl than all of them combined. Can't have the caps be a meanie team, will turn off the families. If we got Morrow he'd probably be Chimera 2.0 and not much more than that.

Closed Thread