HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM
  #801
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
But 'get the Flyers to give us Hartnell for half price' sounded just fine to you...?
I stopped reading at futures. Hadn't even read the rest.

BiPolar Caps is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
  #802
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
So Ted is promising Kuz will be a Cap one day. Interesting.
So most likely Wilson will arrive in Hershey sooner than Forsberg and Kuznestov. He'll also leave Hershey after they will.

BiPolar Caps is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
  #803
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 16,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
So most likely Wilson will arrive in Hershey sooner than Forsberg and Kuznestov. He'll also leave Hershey after they will.
I have Wilson and Forsberg as full time Caps next season. But that's because the team sucks and I'm assuming Mcphee won't address that between now and August.

I'll believe Kuznetsov is a Cap when I see it.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
  #804
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
I really don't think Wilson should be in the NHL next year. He needs to be given as much time to develop as possible.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
  #805
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,604
vCash: 500
FFS the kid keeps saying he didn't want to deal with Hunters **** and missing the Olympics because of it.

Did you guys forget he signed the deal while Hunter was here and scratched Orlov for a turn over(yes not plural) against the Rangers for the whole playoffs, while Dennis Wideman and Schultz some how turned the puck over 5 times in the sequence before the Joel Ward game winner in game 7. Kuznetsov was paying attention to the Caps.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM
  #806
Capsman
Registered User
 
Capsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I have Wilson and Forsberg as full time Caps next season. But that's because the team sucks and I'm assuming Mcphee won't address that between now and August.

I'll believe Kuznetsov is a Cap when I see it.
I got ripped by Russian fans here for saying I don't buy that Kuz will come and I would trade him if I could.

Capsman is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM
  #807
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!
 
BiPolar Caps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 6,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I have Wilson and Forsberg as full time Caps next season. But that's because the team sucks and I'm assuming Mcphee won't address that between now and August.

I'll believe Kuznetsov is a Cap when I see it.
I hope you are wrong. That would be the worse thing for their development. I give you MAJO as exhibit A. Forsberg especailly will need time to adapt to the NA smaller rink but also the physicality of the game on this side of the Atlantic. Depending upon how Forsberg progresses I could see him come up to the Caps at some point next season, whereas I don't see Wilson joining the Caps until 2014/15 season.

As far as Kuznetsov is concerned, a good sign from the game the other night was when they showed both Ovie and Orlov's girlfriends in attendance. Having such a support network here in D.C. will be important to Kuz's young wife, so that's a positive sign that they were here (I know I'm grasping for straws).

BiPolar Caps is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
  #808
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
I don't think there's much of a comparison to be made between Johansson and Forsberg. It's easy to do because they're both Swedish, but Forsberg should be more willing and able to adjust to the physical game of the NHL. That said, I'm all for bringing him along pretty slowly too.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
  #809
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 16,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
FFS the kid keeps saying he didn't want to deal with Hunters **** and missing the Olympics because of it.

Did you guys forget he signed the deal while Hunter was here and scratched Orlov for a turn over(yes not plural) against the Rangers for the whole playoffs, while Dennis Wideman and Schultz some how turned the puck over 5 times in the sequence before the Joel Ward game winner in game 7. Kuznetsov was paying attention to the Caps.
Talk is cheap. Feel free to say I told you so when he's here.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:14 PM
  #810
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I don't think there's much of a comparison to be made between Johansson and Forsberg. It's easy to do because they're both Swedish, but Forsberg should be more willing and able to adjust to the physical game of the NHL. That said, I'm all for bringing him along pretty slowly too.
Forsberg isn't ready for the NHL until he dominates the Channel One Cup.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
  #811
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I really don't think Wilson should be in the NHL next year. He needs to be given as much time to develop as possible.
Agreed. Let him continue to develop his scoring touch. I don't want him toiling away in a checking/energy/enforcer role. If that's all he ever amounts to, fine. But at least let him get a chance to develop into a top six, power forward. Take him along slowly, enabling him to get more ice time, handle the puck more, and get plenty of scoring chances. We can fill that checking role on the cheap (or just hang on to Chimera and hope he rebounds after a subpar year).

Hivemind is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
  #812
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Agreed. Let him continue to develop his scoring touch. I don't want him toiling away in a checking/energy/enforcer role. If that's all he ever amounts to, fine. But at least let him get a chance to develop into a top six, power forward. Take him along slowly, enabling him to get more ice time, handle the puck more, and get plenty of scoring chances. We can fill that checking role on the cheap (or just hang on to Chimera and hope he rebounds after a subpar year).
Checking/energy/enforcer role is a top six power forward in Washington.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:27 PM
  #813
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Checking/energy/enforcer role is a top six power forward in Washington.
Did you just call Laich and Brouwer enforcers?

Hivemind is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
  #814
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Checking/energy/enforcer role is a top six power forward in Washington.
That isn't even the floor for him. He could end up as a borderline NHL player with no value other than fighting ability, I think. I guess his skating will improve just as much regardless of where he's playing, but if he's put in a position where he's just struggling to keep up with the game, I think the odds of him improving offensively and ultimately putting it all together will sharply decrease.

Edit: I guess you did say enforcer.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
  #815
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust
 
Raikkonen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Russia
Posts: 4,234
vCash: 500
I guess to beat Penguins in playoffs () we need 3 more power forwards: LW, #3C and top-4 LD (like Smid).

We have not enough depth at LW while Wolski and Chimera aren't any good. That's the first hole.

3C could help keeping MP fresh and will get Caps some variation against different opponents. That could be useful in later rounds ().

Smid is just a Schultz upgrade, could be traded one for other really. Does Edmonton playing poker with Schultzes anyway? I mean this is a TDL/July1st move in any case.

Raikkonen is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:33 PM
  #816
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 16,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Okay. So your baseless ******** is ****ing valuable?

Just stop.
Whatever. Just keep praying he doesn't die in a plane crash or require emergency medical personnel during a game. He's here when he's here.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
  #817
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Overtime
Posts: 4,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Whatever. Just keep praying he doesn't die in a plane crash or require emergency medical personnel during a game. He's here when he's here.
If that meteor didn't kill him nothing will. Them Belorussians are tough like that.

Brad Tolliver is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:42 PM
  #818
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
FFS the kid keeps saying he didn't want to deal with Hunters **** and missing the Olympics because of it.

Did you guys forget he signed the deal while Hunter was here and scratched Orlov for a turn over(yes not plural) against the Rangers for the whole playoffs, while Dennis Wideman and Schultz some how turned the puck over 5 times in the sequence before the Joel Ward game winner in game 7. Kuznetsov was paying attention to the Caps.
Yes, because that's what you want in your star rookie: entitlement.

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 04:49 PM
  #819
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Yes, because that's what you want in your star rookie: entitlement.
Its entitlement because he watches Wideman and Schultz turn the puck over and over and over and Orlov gets a scratched because he turned the puck over which led to a long cycle by the Rangers and then a wrap around goal and some how his partner Wideman is above the ****ing face off circles.

Yeah he is so entitled. He knows he has to earn a spot on the Russian roster for the Olympics that is in his country and he wants to make sure he can make it.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
  #820
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
Its entitlement because he watches Wideman and Schultz turn the puck over and over and over and Orlov gets a scratched because he turned the puck over which led to a long cycle by the Rangers and then a wrap around goal and some how his partner Wideman is above the ****ing face off circles.

Yeah he is so entitled. He knows he has to earn a spot on the Russian roster for the Olympics that is in his country and he wants to make sure he can make it.
The Olympics thing is fine. But pulling a quasi-Lindros because of the coach is crap. Period.

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
  #821
WcRoenick97
Registered User
 
WcRoenick97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: D.C.
Posts: 1,818
vCash: 500
Ted is such a *********. The only reason he comes out with that post is because the Pens went out and got Iginla.

WcRoenick97 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
  #822
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,604
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Ted is such a *********. The only reason he comes out with that post is because the Pens went out and got Iginla.
Them talking about Kuznetsov is a good thing.

I feel as though inside the organization there is little talk about Kuzya, and outside RMNB, no one talks about him either. I would love if this team had reporters that would ask interesting questions, I would love to hear what Oates thinks of Kuzya.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
  #823
bonzaibondra12
Registered User
 
bonzaibondra12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
It's OK; the Caps re-signed Casey Wellman, so that pretty much wraps up the deadline moves.
I knew GMGM used NHL 13 to base his team building off of.

In the game, after one season Wellman's OVR went up to 85. That's near Backstrom level. Future 2C.

bonzaibondra12 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
  #824
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!
 
brs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 12,216
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
The Olympics thing is fine. But pulling a quasi-Lindros because of the coach is crap. Period.
I think it shows remarkably good judgement (although whether Hunter actually mattered is questionable; the looming lockout was much more likely to be the real red flag).

brs03 is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 06:10 PM
  #825
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 26,363
vCash: 2743
Ted talking about Kuz is nothing more than preparing fans for no adds this deadline, should it happen. Knowing George, he will stand pat and probably summon Aucoin Wellman.

RandyHolt is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.