HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Closed Thread

Old
03-28-2013, 03:44 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
But 'get the Flyers to give us Hartnell for half price' sounded just fine to you...?
I stopped reading at futures. Hadn't even read the rest.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
So Ted is promising Kuz will be a Cap one day. Interesting.
So most likely Wilson will arrive in Hershey sooner than Forsberg and Kuznestov. He'll also leave Hershey after they will.

Old
03-28-2013, 03:56 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ref9 View Post
So most likely Wilson will arrive in Hershey sooner than Forsberg and Kuznestov. He'll also leave Hershey after they will.
I have Wilson and Forsberg as full time Caps next season. But that's because the team sucks and I'm assuming Mcphee won't address that between now and August.

I'll believe Kuznetsov is a Cap when I see it.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I really don't think Wilson should be in the NHL next year. He needs to be given as much time to develop as possible.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:03 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

FFS the kid keeps saying he didn't want to deal with Hunters **** and missing the Olympics because of it.

Did you guys forget he signed the deal while Hunter was here and scratched Orlov for a turn over(yes not plural) against the Rangers for the whole playoffs, while Dennis Wideman and Schultz some how turned the puck over 5 times in the sequence before the Joel Ward game winner in game 7. Kuznetsov was paying attention to the Caps.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Capsman

Quote:
I have Wilson and Forsberg as full time Caps next season. But that's because the team sucks and I'm assuming Mcphee won't address that between now and August.

I got ripped by Russian fans here for saying I don't buy that Kuz will come and I would trade him if I could.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:05 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:

I hope you are wrong. That would be the worse thing for their development. I give you MAJO as exhibit A. Forsberg especailly will need time to adapt to the NA smaller rink but also the physicality of the game on this side of the Atlantic. Depending upon how Forsberg progresses I could see him come up to the Caps at some point next season, whereas I don't see Wilson joining the Caps until 2014/15 season.

As far as Kuznetsov is concerned, a good sign from the game the other night was when they showed both Ovie and Orlov's girlfriends in attendance. Having such a support network here in D.C. will be important to Kuz's young wife, so that's a positive sign that they were here (I know I'm grasping for straws).

Old
03-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

I don't think there's much of a comparison to be made between Johansson and Forsberg. It's easy to do because they're both Swedish, but Forsberg should be more willing and able to adjust to the physical game of the NHL. That said, I'm all for bringing him along pretty slowly too.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:13 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
FFS the kid keeps saying he didn't want to deal with Hunters **** and missing the Olympics because of it.

Did you guys forget he signed the deal while Hunter was here and scratched Orlov for a turn over(yes not plural) against the Rangers for the whole playoffs, while Dennis Wideman and Schultz some how turned the puck over 5 times in the sequence before the Joel Ward game winner in game 7. Kuznetsov was paying attention to the Caps.
Talk is cheap. Feel free to say I told you so when he's here.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I don't think there's much of a comparison to be made between Johansson and Forsberg. It's easy to do because they're both Swedish, but Forsberg should be more willing and able to adjust to the physical game of the NHL. That said, I'm all for bringing him along pretty slowly too.
Forsberg isn't ready for the NHL until he dominates the Channel One Cup.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:24 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
I really don't think Wilson should be in the NHL next year. He needs to be given as much time to develop as possible.
Agreed. Let him continue to develop his scoring touch. I don't want him toiling away in a checking/energy/enforcer role. If that's all he ever amounts to, fine. But at least let him get a chance to develop into a top six, power forward. Take him along slowly, enabling him to get more ice time, handle the puck more, and get plenty of scoring chances. We can fill that checking role on the cheap (or just hang on to Chimera and hope he rebounds after a subpar year).

Old
03-28-2013, 04:25 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Agreed. Let him continue to develop his scoring touch. I don't want him toiling away in a checking/energy/enforcer role. If that's all he ever amounts to, fine. But at least let him get a chance to develop into a top six, power forward. Take him along slowly, enabling him to get more ice time, handle the puck more, and get plenty of scoring chances. We can fill that checking role on the cheap (or just hang on to Chimera and hope he rebounds after a subpar year).
Checking/energy/enforcer role is a top six power forward in Washington.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
Did you just call Laich and Brouwer enforcers?

Old
03-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Tolliver View Post
That isn't even the floor for him. He could end up as a borderline NHL player with no value other than fighting ability, I think. I guess his skating will improve just as much regardless of where he's playing, but if he's put in a position where he's just struggling to keep up with the game, I think the odds of him improving offensively and ultimately putting it all together will sharply decrease.

Edit: I guess you did say enforcer.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

I guess to beat Penguins in playoffs () we need 3 more power forwards: LW, #3C and top-4 LD (like Smid).

We have not enough depth at LW while Wolski and Chimera aren't any good. That's the first hole.

3C could help keeping MP fresh and will get Caps some variation against different opponents. That could be useful in later rounds ().

Smid is just a Schultz upgrade, could be traded one for other really. Does Edmonton playing poker with Schultzes anyway? I mean this is a TDL/July1st move in any case.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:33 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Okay. So your baseless ******** is ****ing valuable?

Just stop.
Whatever. Just keep praying he doesn't die in a plane crash or require emergency medical personnel during a game. He's here when he's here.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Brad Tolliver
Terror Goes Into

Quote:
Whatever. Just keep praying he doesn't die in a plane crash or require emergency medical personnel during a game. He's here when he's here.
If that meteor didn't kill him nothing will. Them Belorussians are tough like that.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:42 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:

Yes, because that's what you want in your star rookie: entitlement.

Old
03-28-2013, 04:49 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Yes, because that's what you want in your star rookie: entitlement.
Its entitlement because he watches Wideman and Schultz turn the puck over and over and over and Orlov gets a scratched because he turned the puck over which led to a long cycle by the Rangers and then a wrap around goal and some how his partner Wideman is above the ****ing face off circles.

Yeah he is so entitled. He knows he has to earn a spot on the Russian roster for the Olympics that is in his country and he wants to make sure he can make it.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:16 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Its entitlement because he watches Wideman and Schultz turn the puck over and over and over and Orlov gets a scratched because he turned the puck over which led to a long cycle by the Rangers and then a wrap around goal and some how his partner Wideman is above the ****ing face off circles.

Yeah he is so entitled. He knows he has to earn a spot on the Russian roster for the Olympics that is in his country and he wants to make sure he can make it.
The Olympics thing is fine. But pulling a quasi-Lindros because of the coach is crap. Period.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:51 PM
WcRoenick97

Ted is such a *********. The only reason he comes out with that post is because the Pens went out and got Iginla.

Old
03-28-2013, 05:58 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WcRoenick97 View Post
Ted is such a *********. The only reason he comes out with that post is because the Pens went out and got Iginla.
Them talking about Kuznetsov is a good thing.

I feel as though inside the organization there is little talk about Kuzya, and outside RMNB, no one talks about him either. I would love if this team had reporters that would ask interesting questions, I would love to hear what Oates thinks of Kuzya.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
It's OK; the Caps re-signed Casey Wellman, so that pretty much wraps up the deadline moves.
I knew GMGM used NHL 13 to base his team building off of.

In the game, after one season Wellman's OVR went up to 85. That's near Backstrom level. Future 2C.

Old
03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
The Olympics thing is fine. But pulling a quasi-Lindros because of the coach is crap. Period.
I think it shows remarkably good judgement (although whether Hunter actually mattered is questionable; the looming lockout was much more likely to be the real red flag).

Old
03-28-2013, 06:10 PM
RandyHolt
Keep Truckin

vCash: 2743
Ted talking about Kuz is nothing more than preparing fans for no adds this deadline, should it happen. Knowing George, he will stand pat and probably summon Aucoin Wellman.

Closed Thread