HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-28-2013, 06:11 PM
  #826
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Ted talking about Kuz is nothing more than preparing fans for no adds this deadline, should it happen. Knowing George, he will stand pat and probably summon Aucoin Wellman.
I'm mentally prepared to be beat up by this team up to the point where we don't trade and don't re-sign Ribeiro. Which I'd put at a 50% chance of happening.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 06:13 PM
  #827
Capitlols
Historic Chokers
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
So seriously, what would it take for George to get fired? Approach Ted about trading Ovechkin? Tries to trade for Jagr? Calls Ted fat?

Capitlols is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:13 PM
  #828
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke
 
PuckBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
I'm guessing signing Ribiero to a great contract and then something lame and middling like picking up Fedotenko for a pick is the 2013 Washington Capitals' TDL activity.

PuckBuddy is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:29 PM
  #829
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 18,644
vCash: 500
Could be looking at Roy or Sullivan.

With Roy you could see

MoJo-Nicky-Ovi
Laich-Ribs-Leader of Men
Perreault-Roy-F16

Obviously Ward put in there too. Possibly Forsberg.

SimplySensational is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:30 PM
  #830
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
I'm guessing signing Ribiero to a great contract and then something lame and middling like picking up Fedotenko for a pick is the 2013 Washington Capitals' TDL activity.


Fedotenko has been a playoff beast but he might be old now.

When does the Hrdina trade go through?

Atlas is offline  
Old
03-28-2013, 08:32 PM
  #831
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke
 
PuckBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Fedotenko has been a playoff beast but he might be old now.

When does the Hrdina trade go through?
Jan or Jiri?

PuckBuddy is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:21 AM
  #832
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Jan or Jiri?
Wow—Jiri, I remember him. I was thinking Jan on the Hrdina-Zubrus axis.

It sucks that I had to go to the 3rd page of the main trade boards to even find a Caps rumor. Our players are so lame that not even hfboards people want to dream up trade scenarios involving Caps players.

Atlas is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:49 AM
  #833
PuckBuddy
Green for Selke
 
PuckBuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Wow—Jiri, I remember him. I was thinking Jan on the Hrdina-Zubrus axis.

It sucks that I had to go to the 3rd page of the main trade boards to even find a Caps rumor. Our players are so lame that not even hfboards people want to dream up trade scenarios involving Caps players.
Not good or bad, just irrelevant. There is this sort of water-treading, phlegmatic, bowl-swirling miasma of a feel to the last year and a half of Capitals hockey.

There's progress in learning a yet another new system and I think Oates might turn out to be a great head coach, but how far does that get you with a weird, visionless roster and a lackluster developmental environment?

PuckBuddy is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 02:33 AM
  #834
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,417
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBuddy View Post
Not good or bad, just irrelevant. There is this sort of water-treading, phlegmatic, bowl-swirling miasma of a feel to the last year and a half of Capitals hockey.

There's progress in learning a yet another new system and I think Oates might turn out to be a great head coach, but how far does that get you with a weird, visionless roster and a lackluster developmental environment?

I agree with everything you said. I am impressed with Oates. He has this paper tiger roster close in most games.

Atlas is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:07 AM
  #835
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
I think it shows remarkably good judgement (although whether Hunter actually mattered is questionable; the looming lockout was much more likely to be the real red flag).
Well, that's a good point, and is indeed a different story.

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:44 AM
  #836
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,435
vCash: 500
There are tons of legitimate reasons for Kuznetsov's decision to remain in Russia until 2014. My only problem is that the reasons seem to change with each new interview. It was loyalty to Traktor. Then it was the Olympics. Then it was Dale Hunter. Then it was the lockout. All of them have merit, but I wish the kid would stick to his guns. It feels like he's just making up excuses.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:47 AM
  #837
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
There are tons of legitimate reasons for Kuznetsov's decision to remain in Russia until 2014. My only problem is that the reasons seem to change with each new interview. It was loyalty to Traktor. Then it was the Olympics. Then it was Dale Hunter. Then it was the lockout. All of them have merit, but I wish the kid would stick to his guns. It feels like he's just making up excuses.
I am not ok with "I don't like the coach." Too entitled. The rest is reasonable, but I take your point.

The real issue is that it's pretty moot anyway. This kid isn't the savior. He's hopefully coming over and will be a great player, but he is not gonna put this team over the top.

It's time to fire George and build a competitive team. If that includes Kuz, great. If it's smarter to trade him, fine. Whatever. Enough of this "wait 'til next year" crap.

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:57 AM
  #838
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 17,235
vCash: 500
I'm not all that impressed with agreeing to play in a sham of a league in exchange for a wink wink spot on an Olympic squad either. I certainly don't see how that shows drive, but whatever.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 11:59 AM
  #839
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I'm not all that impressed with agreeing to play in a sham of a league in exchange for a wink wink spot on an Olympic squad either. I certainly don't see how that shows drive, but whatever.
I got the impression it was less of "you WILL make it if you stay" as compared to "you WONT make it if you go."

Hivemind is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:47 PM
  #840
PSUCapsFan
Registered User
 
PSUCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Irvine, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I'm not all that impressed with agreeing to play in a sham of a league in exchange for a wink wink spot on an Olympic squad either. I certainly don't see how that shows drive, but whatever.
sham of league? You mean the one with 3 lockouts in the last 20 years? Nice try

PSUCapsFan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 12:52 PM
  #841
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
I got the impression it was less of "you WILL make it if you stay" as compared to "you WONT make it if you go."
That's been speculated here, but I don't know. I think it's more Kuznetsov's own interpretation of the situation than anything else, and those shifting excuses ultimately all just mean that he's uncomfortable with the uncertainty of coming over. There are multiple reasons things might not go well, and that would leave him in a worse position before the Olympics than dominating the KHL would.

I agree that all those "excuses" are annoying though. The way he gives interviews in general is, really.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:01 PM
  #842
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist
 
Zoidberg Jesus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 3,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
I am not ok with "I don't like the coach." Too entitled. The rest is reasonable, but I take your point.

The real issue is that it's pretty moot anyway. This kid isn't the savior. He's hopefully coming over and will be a great player, but he is not gonna put this team over the top.

It's time to fire George and build a competitive team. If that includes Kuz, great. If it's smarter to trade him, fine. Whatever. Enough of this "wait 'til next year" crap.
Did Kuznetsov ever actually comment on Hunter, or the Caps' coaching in general? I thought Hunter as a reason for not coming over was just speculation on our part.

Zoidberg Jesus is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:20 PM
  #843
Langway
Flow➜Grow
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,556
vCash: 50
http://dumpnchase.monumentalnetwork....phee/index.jsp
Quote:
“I’m not going to do anything at the deadline that in my mind would set us back. If I make a trade or two – whether it’s somebody going out or it’s somebody coming in – I’m going to do it with the intention of making the playoffs.”
Thanks Dick. Thanks Ted.

Referring to Kuznetsov as a center is also fairly troubling.

Langway is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
  #844
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Did Kuznetsov ever actually comment on Hunter, or the Caps' coaching in general? I thought Hunter as a reason for not coming over was just speculation on our part.
I have no idea. Another poster said it as if it were fact. If true, I don't like it.

californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:31 PM
  #845
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
http://dumpnchase.monumentalnetwork....phee/index.jsp

Thanks Dick. Thanks Ted.

Referring to Kuznetsov as a center is also fairly troubling.


californiacapsfan is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:33 PM
  #846
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
ChibiPooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 11,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
http://dumpnchase.monumentalnetwork....phee/index.jsp

Thanks Dick. Thanks Ted.

Referring to Kuznetsov as a center is also fairly troubling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by George McPhee
We like this team going forward. We like the players we have in our system; they’ll be real good fits for this team the way things are lined up now. The organization is in really good shape and it’s a real solid team.
Who saw that coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by George McPhee
We like the looks of it and we’d like to keep it together for a while because they seem to defend well
Does he even watch this team?

Seriously, there is so much wrong with this interview. He basically says he's going to stand pat. I was going to list all the things I wanted to talk about, but there are too many. So much wrong.


Last edited by ChibiPooky: 03-29-2013 at 01:41 PM.
ChibiPooky is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:45 PM
  #847
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,146
vCash: 500
Yeah, seriously WTF is with continuing to call Kuznetsov a center? It wasn't even in passing either. He implies he's planning to build long-term around Kuznetsov as his second "elite" center.

Liberati0n* is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:51 PM
  #848
Capitlols
Historic Chokers
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
Brian McNally ‏@bmcnally14
Lots of good stuff from #Caps GM George McPhee today. He'd like top F prospect Filip Forsberg to play for AHL Hershey next month

Capitlols is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:56 PM
  #849
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 29,723
vCash: 500
Well there you have it....McPhee will sit on his hands again. Give the man a raise!

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
03-29-2013, 01:58 PM
  #850
Capitlols
Historic Chokers
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,462
vCash: 500
So the plan is to continue integrating prospects into the lineup, assume they will live up to their billing, and a cup will follow after they've developed.

Capitlols is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.