HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XIX

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Getzlaf over Backstrom is pretty easy. Only thing Backstrom really has on Getzlaf is age and maybe consistency. In the playoffs Getzlaf is on another level.

Saturating the team with fighters/tough hitters also opens a seam for pests, which together is a super effective combination. Marchand or Perry would lose much of their effectiveness were they transplanted to the caps, for instance.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Soups On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
What no counter offer...?
Had no time, lecture called.

What are the needs in Washington? Obviously a goaltender but what else? If te Canucks are parting with a goalie, it'll take much more than Johansson.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thOverdrive View Post

What are the needs in Washington? Obviously a goaltender but what else? If te Canucks are parting with a goalie, it'll take much more than Johansson.
I don't actually want Luongo. Goalie is probably the last position they need to add someone at right now, but they pretty much need everything.

Old
03-19-2013, 07:44 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thOverdrive View Post

Well if the Caps were getting a goaltender they would want to ship one out so now Johansson and Neuvirth are the start of the package.

I know a number of Caps' fans were fans of Ballard when he was in Florida. For a guy making what he is making he doesn't seem to be getting too much ice time in Vancouver.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Soups On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Well if the Caps were getting a goaltender they would want to ship one out so now Johansson and Neuvirth are the start of the package.

I know a number of Caps' fans were fans of Ballard when he was in Florida. For a guy making what he is making he doesn't seem to be getting too much ice time in Vancouver.
Ballard is in AV's doghouse because well... Who the hell knows why. He's been superb defensively and moving the puck up the ice but on the Canucks he'll always be behind Hamhuis and Edler as left side defensemen. He wouldn't be too expesnive either.

Schneider is gonna be far more expensive than Luongo so hypothetically a Luongo trade have a basis of:

Luongo for Neuvirth + Johansson.

You would need to add a prospect or a first because Neuvirth wouldn't be highly valued, more of a condition for Luongo to get to Washington.

In a seperate trade: Ballard for a pick or if you guys have a spare RH defender.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:37 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

So, good results for the tank tonight.

Toronto looks ripe to be pilfered for Ribeiro.

A fanbase desperate for playoffs with an ownership group that would love the extra revenue.

And then there's the added bonus of them possibly missing the playoffs anyway.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:52 PM
TheFountainhead
Red Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post

A fanbase desperate for playoffs with an ownership group that would love the extra revenue.

Agreed on all fronts. I will have a conniption if Ribs isn't moved before the deadline btw. I would find the cutest kitten I can locate on short notice and kick the Purina out of it. I mean that literally. He better be moved.

Old
03-19-2013, 09:56 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:

Caps get a 1st from TOR. TOR barely misses the playoffs. Caps win lottery with TOR pick, because if there's one fanbase the hockey gods hate more than the Caps', it's TOR's.

A boy can dream...

Old
03-19-2013, 10:02 PM
breakawaygoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
Caps get a 1st from TOR. TOR barely misses the playoffs. Caps win lottery with TOR pick, because if there's one fanbase the hockey gods hate more than the Caps', it's TOR's.

A boy can dream...
MacKinnon + Drouin FTW

Old
03-19-2013, 10:09 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Looking for this next year:

Brouwer-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Clowe/Horton-Weiss/Filppula/Mackinnon-Forsberg
Johansson-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Oleksy/Jones

Holtby
Neuvirth

Or something like that. Meh

Old
03-19-2013, 10:17 PM
breakawaygoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps4cup View Post
Looking for this next year:

Brouwer-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Clowe/Horton-Weiss/Filppula/Mackinnon-Forsberg
Johansson-Laich-Ward
Hendricks-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Oleksy/Jones

Holtby
Neuvirth

Or something like that. Meh
Forsberg–Backstrom–Ovechkin
Laich–Barkov–Fehr
Brouwer–Johansson–Wilson
Chimera–Beagle–Ward
Hendricks

Alzner–Carlson
Orlov–Green
Erskine–Kundratek
Oleksy

Holtby
Neuvirth

Add a few UFAs if desired? Not exactly a Cup contender though, maybe not even a playoff team given our lovely new division....

Old
03-19-2013, 10:38 PM
msrulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakawaygoal View Post

Add a few UFAs if desired? Not exactly a Cup contender though, maybe not even a playoff team given our lovely new division....
Where's Perreault (most underrated player on the team)X.x

Maybe add Ryan Clowe

Old
03-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Vabeachblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakawaygoal View Post
Forsberg–Backstrom–Ovechkin
Laich–Barkov–Fehr
Brouwer–Johansson–Wilson
Chimera–Beagle–Ward
Hendricks

Alzner–Carlson
Orlov–Green
Erskine–Kundratek
Oleksy

Holtby
Neuvirth

So just add rookie's???? Wilson should be in the AHL next year and Forsberg might need to play there too. It would be great to get Barkov but I just dont think rookies are the answer.

D for next year seems ok depending all depending on Green

Trade ribz at deadline, his value is high, he is gonna cool off. Next year get a second line center and another top 6 forward. get rid of nuevy, schultz, and mojo. Maybe see if u can get Clowe cheap even though he hasnt scored a goal this year lol. Idk got get better and tougher for next year.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gr8 Eight View Post
So just add rookie's???? Wilson should be in the AHL next year and Forsberg might need to play there too. It would be great to get Barkov but I just dont think rookies are the answer.

D for next year seems ok depending all depending on Green

Trade ribz at deadline, his value is high, he is gonna cool off. Next year get a second line center and another top 6 forward. get rid of nuevy, schultz, and mojo. Maybe see if u can get Clowe cheap even though he hasnt scored a goal this year lol. Idk got get better and tougher for next year.
I don't see the problem with playing Barkov/whoever and Forsberg next year... we're not making the playoffs next season either... with the re-alignment and all.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:24 PM
sycamore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlzner View Post
I don't see the problem with playing Barkov/whoever and Forsberg next year... we're not making the playoffs next season either... with the re-alignment and all.
And we are not winning a Cup either so long as Crosby is still in his prime. Maybe a minor rebuilding at this point isnt such a bad thing.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:32 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

How I'd rank their needs:

1- Top-4, all round LD - someone in the Pronger mold would obviously be ideal, though just about unattainable. Someone in the Seidenberg mold is probably what we should shoot for.

2- Top-6 skilled LH LW - either one of a playmaker or scorer would work. Puck possession skills are a must

3- Speed - Chimera's has seemingly dried up, so that leaves Johansson as the only real speed demon in the forward ranks. With Green out, there's not really any on defense.

4- Stability in goal - I think this can be accomplished with a steady veteran backup presence to Holtby, but wouldn't be upset if a vet starter who's an upgrade were brought in.

*Wild card - 2C - It's highly dependent on Ribeiro and the draft pick. If neither is the answer for next season, it would slot in above the top-6 winger for me.

I'd try to trade a package including Brouwer/Ward/Laich for the top-4 D, and think very seriously about bringing in Raymond in free agency. He'd fill in Chimmer's role of a 3LW who can fill in on the top lines nicely, and is a better overall hockey player than Chimera. If Oates really wants to focus on the forecheck, I could even see him taking the top line LW spot as the line's puck retriever.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
And we are not winning a Cup either so long as Crosby is still in his prime. Maybe a minor rebuilding at this point isnt such a bad thing.
Huh? Because no other teams have won Cups with Crosby in his prime? What an absurd statement.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:38 PM
sycamore

Quote:
Huh? Because no other teams have won Cups with Crosby in his prime? What an absurd statement.
I would just like to see the Caps peaking when he is on the decline (prob 2-3 years -- he's such a small/weak player the grind of the NHL is going to wear him down faster + concussions ) -- road to the Cup will be easier.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:44 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycamore View Post
I would just like to see the Caps peaking when he is on the decline (prob 2-3 years -- he's such a small/weak player the grind of the NHL is going to wear him down faster + concussions ) -- road to the Cup will be easier.
**** easier. I want to see the Caps sweep the Crosby-led Pens when he has his best season.

The Pens are wholly beatable. The Flyers beat them last year in the playoffs with no defense or goaltending.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:58 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
How I'd rank their needs:

1- Top-4, all round LD - someone in the Pronger mold would obviously be ideal, though just about unattainable. Someone in the Seidenberg mold is probably what we should shoot for.

2- Top-6 skilled LH LW - either one of a playmaker or scorer would work. Puck possession skills are a must

3- Speed - Chimera's has seemingly dried up, so that leaves Johansson as the only real speed demon in the forward ranks. With Green out, there's not really any on defense.

4- Stability in goal - I think this can be accomplished with a steady veteran backup presence to Holtby, but wouldn't be upset if a vet starter who's an upgrade were brought in.

*Wild card - 2C - It's highly dependent on Ribeiro and the draft pick. If neither is the answer for next season, it would slot in above the top-6 winger for me.

I'd try to trade a package including Brouwer/Ward/Laich for the top-4 D, and think very seriously about bringing in Raymond in free agency. He'd fill in Chimmer's role of a 3LW who can fill in on the top lines nicely, and is a better overall hockey player than Chimera. If Oates really wants to focus on the forecheck, I could even see him taking the top line LW spot as the line's puck retriever.
My top offseason targets would be (assuming they make it to UFA): Ladislav Smid, Dan Ellis, Mason Raymond

Johansson coming back from his concussion has at least earned another chance at the 2C spot with his play, IMO. Perreault can fill in on a spot basis.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
My top offseason targets would be (assuming they make it to UFA): Ladislav Smid, Dan Ellis, Mason Raymond

Johansson coming back from his concussion has at least earned another chance at the 2C spot with his play, IMO. Perreault can fill in on a spot basis.
Concussion? What happened to saying it was a back injury?

Old
03-20-2013, 12:14 AM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

2 and 3 were traded for hannan....

Old
03-20-2013, 12:16 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
Concussion? What happened to saying it was a back injury?
Apparently it was a concussion sustained in the collision with Ovechkin during the scrimmage with the Royals. Johansson tried to play through it and couldn't, eventually having to come clean and sit. He took and passed a neuropsychological test prior to returning. It appears Johansson withheld information (no idea why the team doctors weren't able to figure it out, though).

Old
03-20-2013, 12:29 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Apparently it was a concussion sustained in the collision with Ovechkin during the scrimmage with the Royals. Johansson tried to play through it and couldn't, eventually having to come clean and sit. He took and passed a neuropsychological test prior to returning. It appears Johansson withheld information (no idea why the team doctors weren't able to figure it out, though).
Thanks. I totally missed that.

What an idiot though. He's probably still vulnerable to another concussion right now and shouldn't be playing, but I guess that's the case with a lot of guys who come back.

Old
03-20-2013, 12:44 AM
wickedwitch

Quote:
I'd be thrilled if we got Smid. I'd love to get an actual clone of Alzner, but he's a good alternative.

Closed Thread