HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings - Sabres Trade In Works?

Old
03-14-2013, 01:10 PM
Martyros

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Vanek in LA.....

Vanek
Regehr
for
Toffoli
Martinez
1st round pick
1st round pick
How many players at the deadline have netted not only the team's best prospect, but TWO 1st round picks?

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
How many players at the deadline have netted not only the team's best prospect, but TWO 1st round picks?

Vanek would.....

With LA a low ball value would return Toffoli, Matinez, + 1st---Vanek is worth more.

For Vanek the price tag would be 2 young players + 1st, or one young player + 2 1sts

Regeher if there is a bidding war could return a #1 from a playoff team...if not then probably a 2nd 2013+ 2nd or 3rd 2014

Vanek
Regehr
for
Toffoli
Martinez
1st round pick
1st round pick

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:23 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Vanek would.....

With LA a low ball value would return Toffoli, Matinez, + 1st---Vanek is worth more.

For Vanek the price tag would be 2 young players + 1st, or one young player + 2 1sts

Regeher if there is a bidding war could return a #1 from a playoff team...if not then probably a 2nd 2013+ 2nd or 3rd 2014

Vanek
Regehr
for
Toffoli
Martinez
1st round pick
1st round pick
LA isnt or can't take on 11 mill in salary and only give up whatever Martinez salary is...which is prolly south of 2 mill.

Longer threads go....proposals get worse.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
Vic Vinegar

Can we just stop talking about Vanek? The Kings are not willing to give up what it would take to get him.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Note to everyone and their Mom: The Kings don't want Vanek.
The Kings also don't want to trade future 1st round picks since they don't have their first in the upcoming draft.

Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Iggy, Rehger and Sutter reunion on the Kings... Giterdone Dean.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:41 PM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
The Kings also don't want to trade future 1st round picks since they don't have their first in the upcoming draft.
I am kings fan and I want vanek, but I do agree I don't see how it would work. Vanek with kopi would be deadly

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:45 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
First off Regehr himself is worth a 2nd and a 3rd. And I'll keep Vanek over that proposal. Zero interest in trading Vanek for anything less then a franchise dman. You want the guy with the 10th best goals per game in the league for active players, then your giving up a franchise dman. Not a prospect who wouldn't be in our top 3 and mid 1st round picks.Martinez is only 3 years younger then Vanek and has 131 career games played. Vanek has nearly twice that many GOALS.

So toffoli, Martinez and two firsts for Vanek is terrible, let alone add Regehr. Next year when Jagr and Selanne retire, Vanek will then be 8th on the active leaders for gpg, your not getting the 8th best goal scorer in the league for anything less then a franchise d.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:49 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
If Vanek were available, 29 teams would be interested. He'd be the best winger on the Kings. Whether LA can afford to take on his cap hit/salary and whether they'd be willing to part with the assets it would take to get Vanek is an entirely different matter. But if you think they wouldn't be talking to Regier if he started shopping him, you're nuts.

Last edited by tsujimoto74: 03-14-2013 at 02:55 PM.
tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Fat Elvis

If Regehr is worth a 2nd and 3rd than you can keep him. UFA with diminishing skills. With the cap going forward, 2nds and 3rds will hold some value. LA is not going to go into a draft without 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
First off Regehr himself is worth a 2nd and a 3rd. And I'll keep Vanek over that proposal. Zero interest in trading Vanek for anything less then a franchise dman. You want the guy with the 10th best goals per game in the league for active players, then your giving up a franchise dman. Not a prospect who wouldn't be in our top 3 and mid 1st round picks.Martinez is only 3 years younger then Vanek and has 131 career games played. Vanek has nearly twice that many GOALS.

So toffoli, Martinez and two firsts for Vanek is terrible, let alone add Regehr. Next year when Jagr and Selanne retire, Vanek will then be 8th on the active leaders for gpg, your not getting the 8th best goal scorer in the league for anything less then a franchise d.
Vanek has negative value to the Kings organization. We don't need him and for his salary, acquiring such a redundant asset is counterproductive.

Ignore the Kings fans on here who still have the pre-champion mentality of AllYourScorersIsBelongToUs.
We only need a crease clearing, shutdown D man rental for this season and the playoffs.

Old
03-14-2013, 01:56 PM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
The Sabres have been scouting the kings pretty heavily the last few month. It could be bigger (read: Pomniville, Stafford, Regehr) than a simply d-man swap for picks.

TehDoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Why would SJ want niemi and miller
So LA gives up Bernier and Toffoli for Pominville? Riiiiiiiight.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats26 View Post
!?!?

Voynov, Martinez, Ellerby, Muzzin are all RFAs.
Scuderi and Drewiske are UFAs.

We only got Doughty, Mitchell and Green signed next year!
All of the RFAs will be signed, we might let Scuds go but I doubt it. Drewiske is gone.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If Vanek were available, 29 teams would be interested. He'd be the best winger on the Kings. Whether LA can afford to take on his cap hit/salary and whether they'd be willing to part with the assets it would take to get Vanek is an entirely different manner. But if you think they wouldn't be talking to Regier if he started shopping him, you're nuts.
Actually Vanek probably wouldn't be better than Jeff Carter, Sutter would probably kill him because Vanek always LOOKS like he isn't trying out there. But playing with Kopitar would probably have Vanek put up better stats than Carter, I don't know if he'll be better at doing it by himself in the Kings cycle system where everyone has their feet moving though.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Martyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post

Look, i'm not saying Vanek isn't worth it. I said during the DEADLINE. In the summer, he probably will get that return, if not more. but during a deadline (let's say next year's, in his contract year), No one is going to offer that kind of package for him. No teams want to trade TWO first round draft picks during the deadline for a rental, look at Hossa and Kovalchuk. Teams will give up a player of value rather than an extra 1st rounder. That is my point.

Not to mention, we don't NEED Vanek. We're not giving up our best prospect + 2 first rounders for someone we don't NEED. Of course, i'd love to have him here though; we don't have the assets to get him anyway (considering what i just said in the previous sentence).

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:13 PM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

I'm not sure LA wants to mess around with the chemistry with their forwards...

MJMazzarone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:16 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
If Vanek were available, 29 teams would be interested. He'd be the best winger on the Kings. Whether LA can afford to take on his cap hit/salary and whether they'd be willing to part with the assets it would take to get Vanek is an entirely different manner. But if you think they wouldn't be talking to Regier if he started shopping him, you're nuts.
They really wouldn't.

The Kings already have 4 players making over 5 million. The Kings don't have room for that cap hit. Nor would they trade any of those 5 mil+ players for Vanek.

If I am nuts, then you are bananas

Last edited by Flour Child: 03-14-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Flour Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
Actually Vanek probably wouldn't be better than Jeff Carter, Sutter would probably kill him because Vanek always LOOKS like he isn't trying out there. But playing with Kopitar would probably have Vanek put up better stats than Carter, I don't know if he'll be better at doing it by himself in the Kings cycle system where everyone has their feet moving though.

You havent watched many Ruff coached games???? the cycle system is what he used.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
They really wouldn't.

The Kings already have 4 players making over 5 million. The Kings don't have room for that cap hit. Nor would they trade any of those 5 mil+ players for Vanek.

If I am nuts, then you are bananas
If your'e nuts and he's bananas then I am the oatmeal and Penner is the syrup and Carter is the butter cause he's smooth like butter and Androl was the sugar cause she was so sweet.

Im leaving the comedy to you Dingo.

I agree with your position on the dollar value as well. The only way I could see us dealing for Vanek would be if we were moving one of our other larger contracted players which wouldn't make sense.

I love Vanek but it would take a ton to get him and other teams will absolutely be willing to offer more than we will.

We are just a solid competitive team and have proven we can win without trying to add every star that comes along. Leave that type of thinking to the Rangers etc.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 02:33 PM
Leo W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
You havent watched many Ruff coached games???? the cycle system is what he used.
I'm from Buffalo, Lindy Ruff used many systems based on the talent he had. I'm not sure if you know what a "system" is tbh. He never used one system.

Old
03-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Now all of the sane Kings fans are here

Old
03-14-2013, 03:07 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Lol. Carter had one season where he was better, than Vanek, 4 years ago, on an offensively loaded Flyers team. Vanek has been better in every single other season while playing less minutes (because Ruff hates giving ice time to offensive players). Vanek is the 5th in the NHL in goal scoring in the last 7 seasons and 21st in points; Carter is 16th and 46th, respectively. Vanek's PPG over that span is 0.876 to Carter's 0.770. Carter is absolutely not a better player than Vanek.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:19 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

Quote:
Vanek is much better then Carter. Vanek has the highest gpg out of the whole 03 draft which oddly includes Carter. Vanek is better. Has been, still is and ALWAYS will be. Vanek has scored 25+ goals in each of his first 7 seasons. Only other active players to do so? Jagr, Kovy and Ovechkin.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

I can't see LA moving out any core pieces to Buffalo.

Pomminville would be a nice addition but I don't see it even remotely happening.

Regehr is a probable but only for a resonable price....still don't think the Kings need him that badly tho.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote