Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How many Bruins fans from Montreal?

Old
04-12-2011, 06:40 PM
badbrewin

vCash: 500
How many Bruins fans from Montreal?

OK, if you're reading this, you know where I'm coming from. I honestly think they should erect a statue (plaque at minimum) at the TD as a tribute to all the Bruins fans living in Montreal.

No one has any idea of the hell we have to put up with over here. At the office, I've been anointed as the 'face of the Bruins' and have to hear all the post game BS that comes with the territory, but no one seems to know I exist the day following a Habs loss, strange. During the 80s, high school was hell as we'd lose to the Habs in the playoffs all the time, but the late 80s - early 90s were great times. I converted my wife from an LA Kings fan and my 2 kids are black & gold all the way as well...just feel bad for their taunting in school though.

So tell me, what do you fellow Bruins-Montrealers do to manage or 'escape the heat' in this twisted city?

badbrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:44 PM
BackBringCam

In the end, they are the ones hoping for the Habs, not you lol 'nuff said.

Stay Strong

BackBringCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
snipernumber2

Hey man, I feel your pain.

How do I deal with it? To tell you the truth, most of the fairweather Habs fans I meet aren't that knowledgeable about hockey, so they can't really get under my skin. High school was brutal though, you're right about that.

Am I looking forward to the series? Absolutely.
Will I be bragging after each game the Bruins win? Hell no. I'll wait for the series to be over for that.

snipernumber2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I've always respected die hards of any team that are living in hostile territory, regardless of who they root for....but you bastids are a special kind of crazy.

Kate08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:50 PM
ProdigalFan
HFBoards Sponsor

Bruins fans in Montreal...all I can do is...

ProdigalFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
BackBringCam

I get the lip from Sens fans, Habs and Leaf fans here in Ottawa, does not bug me a bit.
OT but did anybody see the feature on SportsCenter (TSN) tonight on Gomez? How many times and from different games did they show that little smurf shooting his mouth off then lead into the guy by head butting him? Now I would not claim to be a level 5 official, but I am pretty sure that is a match penalty, regardless, pretty dirty stuff, cheap shot if you ask me.
Not the clean gentlemanly play habs fans claim IMO.

Old
04-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Zdeno33Lucic*
BruWins

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I've always respected die hards of any team that are living in hostile territory, regardless of who they root for....but you bastids are a special kind of crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalFan View Post
Bruins fans in Montreal...all I can do is...
Please pray for me This is hell lol

If boston loses this series, I have to:

1. Shave my head
2. Wear a subban jersey for a week
3. Pay 100$

Thats not the bad part, its taking all the insults from all the french fans cause im english, and becasue im a die hard bruins fan

Zdeno33Lucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 06:59 PM
Winnwell Cooperalls

It gets hard to deal with sometimes, however, as much as I get it from all sides, I dish it right back in spades! Very thick skin is a requirement in these parts.

Winnwell Cooperalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:01 PM
KillerKampfer*

Yup!

I met plenty of Montreal-ers who were rooting for us up there at Game 7 in 08. I think English speaking Canadians living in Quebec disconnect with the Habs as they are a fake Francophone team as the Nords were the real French team and the Habs are just worst of both worlds to them and in turn they love the Bruins! And Francophone's in Quebec like Patrice Bergeron still hate the Montreal Canadiens. Its a polarizing team so if you have contempt for the CH chances are you like the Spoked B. Enjoy the series B's fans up there, hopefully it is a short one and the Habs are coming home for game 3 in a big hole and Chara scores a game winner !

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:01 PM
badbrewin

The big thing in Montreal around playoff time are the car flags. I have one of the Bruins and will put it up when I drive from point A to point B, but have to take it down once I get to destination; otherwise there's always the risk of vandalism. Have done OK thus far with my Bs license plate frame....thus far.

It was blast spending this past weekend in Boston for our annual game at the TD. Had a great time with the fan fest and nice to be amongst the 'good guys' for a change.

badbrewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:03 PM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerKampfer View Post
Yup!

I met plenty of Montreal-ers who were rooting for us up there at Game 7 in 08. I think English speaking Canadians living in Quebec disconnect with the Habs as they are a fake Francophone team as the Nords were the real French team and the Habs are just worst of both worlds to them and in turn they love the Bruins! And Francophone's in Quebec like Patrice Bergeron still hate the Montreal Canadiens. Its a polarizing team so if you have contempt for the CH chances are you like the Spoked B. Enjoy the series B's fans up there, hopefully it is a short one and the Habs are coming home for game 3 in a big hold and Chara scores a game winner !
Read up on the history of the franchise dude

Old
04-12-2011, 07:06 PM
The Special K
Hoss MOFO, Hoss.

I'm one...although I have left that place for the states. I like it here a lot more.

The Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:09 PM
KillerKampfer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
Read up on the history of the franchise dude
Eh sure they had the monopoly on French Canadian players for years. But Quebec City seems to consider themselves more French than Montreal. Regardless the Montreal Canadians fans are the most French-based support core of any current NHL team and far more so than a team like Ottawa, there is no longer a team for them to be #2 to. Not all the people who dislike the Habs are primarilyy English speakers in Quebec.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:13 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special K View Post
I'm one...although I have left that place for the states. I like it here a lot more.
Me too. Lived through the 70's and 80's in Montreal cheering for the Bruins. Was pure hell in high school in the 70's, losing to them every year, and then going in to school the next day to get ridiculed on top of it. Just brutal....finally got to see them beat them in '88, my last year living there.

ThomasJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:24 PM
blue

It's also a great source of entertainment

Montreal Canadian fans are not hockey fans, they are Montreal Canadian fans. There is no middle ground. Either their team are world beaters or bums. The overreaction in Montreal is incredible to winning or losing or any other event (Chara 911).

Being a long time Bruin fan one of my simple pleasures is tuning into sports talk radio after any Canadian loss. It's comical as they tear the team apart. Throw in a Bruin win, especially one where the Bruins got physical, and the entertainment factor goes off the charts. The reverse for a Canadian win. No mater how badly they were outplayed, they are heroes and world beaters again.

Yes it's a challenge to live in Montreal as a Bruin fan; however it has it's perks.

blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
BackBringCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Montreal Canadian fans are not hockey fans, they are Montreal Canadian fans. There is no middle ground. Either their team are world beaters or bums. The overreaction in Montreal is incredible to winning or losing or any other event (Chara 911).

Being a long time Bruin fan one of my simple pleasures is tuning into sports talk radio after any Canadian loss. It's comical as they tear the team apart. Throw in a Bruin win, especially one where the Bruins got physical, and the entertainment factor goes off the charts. The reverse for a Canadian win. No mater how badly they were outplayed, they are heroes and world beaters again.

Yes it's a challenge to live in Montreal as a Bruin fan; however it has it's perks.
That's a great post man, so true

Old
04-12-2011, 07:35 PM
Sevren

I'm going to Boston for game 2

And so is ex-CamOrr84 and a bunch of his friends.

Anybody else making the trip?

Sevren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

I'm here abroad for school and it's been hard. My teachers are all Habs fans! I can't imagine growing up like this!!!

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:47 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

As bad as Habs fans can be, nothing compares to the drunken Pens fans at Winnies who threatened to kick my ass because I said Thomas was statistically better than Fleury.

Habs fans are fun to mess with, but from my experience, a lot of them are friendly and don't really cause me grief for being a Bruins fans. I guess it's because I'm too awesome not to like.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
I'm here abroad for school and it's been hard. My teachers are all Habs fans! I can't imagine growing up like this!!!
It's hard. I almost called my gym prof at Dawson a dumbass because he ranted about how bad Chara was and that he would never amount to anything. Lo and behold, Chara won the Norris a little over a year later.

Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:19 PM
KingKovy

I swear this is not to be mean with anyone.. I have just always wondered WHY IN GOD'S NAME there can ever be a montrealer that likes the bruins? The kid either wanted attention growing up or he is a family member of bergeron or something but i just don't get it.. I also don't get a bostonian that would like the habs!

KingKovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Dan the bruiser*

Im from Montreal too and i am always ready to fight if necessairy but it never happen.Habs fan are more like Subban and Lapierre ,they just yap a lot.Just to be sure buying a mouth piece is a good idea.HA HA HA!

Dan the bruiser* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:23 PM
IceBergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackBringCam View Post
I get the lip from Sens fans, Habs and Leaf fans here in Ottawa, does not bug me a bit.
OT but did anybody see the feature on SportsCenter (TSN) tonight on Gomez? How many times and from different games did they show that little smurf shooting his mouth off then lead into the guy by head butting him? Now I would not claim to be a level 5 official, but I am pretty sure that is a match penalty, regardless, pretty dirty stuff, cheap shot if you ask me.
Not the clean gentlemanly play habs fans claim IMO.
Ottawa-based fan here too, and the Sens and Leaf fans here are okay -- but the MTL fans in Ottawa are tough to stomach.

IceBergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:24 PM
marcorush

it was crazy when the pachiorety incident happened. i was going nuts with all the garbage on the radio and tv. in this town.
even now all the callers have the habs winning no problem. u think in a city that claims to have the best hockey fans they would be a little more objective.

the b's knock them off and it will be the sweetest. everything will be better.

marcorush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Ok we want address....

Rscorpio is online now   Reply With Quote