HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

SJ - Pittsburgh

Old
03-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Juxtaposer
Window: Closed

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
Giroux dives; Skinner in Carolina embellishes plays like you wouldn't believe. What's your point. Putting Crosby in the same breath as Cooke and Clowe is utterly stupid.
Ignore the Crosby bit then, as you're using just that part to get out of responding to the other part. Malkin and Neal are much dirtier players than Clowe. Clowe's a moron, but he never goes out of his way to cause injury. I can't say the same thing about Malkin and Neal.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:33 PM
hockeyball

vCash: 1040
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ignore the Crosby bit then, as you're using just that part to get out of responding to the other part. Malkin and Neal are much dirtier players than Clowe. Clowe's a moron, but he never goes out of his way to cause injury. I can't say the same thing about Malkin and Neal.
weelllll... technically he's trying to cause injury when he is furiously beating whoever pissed him off in the face, repeatedly

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Juxtaposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
weelllll... technically he's trying to cause injury when he is furiously beating whoever pissed him off in the face, repeatedly
Refresh my memory?

Old
03-15-2013, 03:37 PM
12IsGreaterThan47
BEN LOVEJOY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
That's weird because on the Pens board we have talked about Letang possibly being moved if he wants too much, that Martin could be moved to free up cap space, that Maatta might be traded in a package for an upgrade at wing, that Despres could be moved if the return is right and that Nisky is the most likely guy to be moved.

Pretty much any Pens blueline prospect can be moved, but Shero isn't going to move one just for the hell of it. It will only happen if he finds a deal he likes.
If fans aren't willing to give up blue chip prospects for aging, slowing, declining pending UFAs, they just aren't being reasonable about making a fake, meaningless deal.

12IsGreaterThan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Every player on my favorite team is clean, every player on your favorite team is dirty.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 03:41 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Refresh my memory?
I'm saying he tends to get really pissed off and then start destroying someone with his fists. That's generally considered 'ok' in hockey of course, but he is clearly trying to hurt them lol.

He's not known for Elbows, slew foots, high hits, etc though, and that's your point.

Old
03-15-2013, 03:43 PM
Juxtaposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
Every player on my favorite team is clean, every player on your favorite team is dirty.
Name me one incident where Clowe intentionally tried to hurt someone. I can name several for Malkin and Neal off the top of my head.

Quote:
I'm saying he tends to get really pissed off and then start destroying someone with his fists. That's generally considered 'ok' in hockey of course, but he is clearly trying to hurt them lol.

He's not known for Elbows, slew foots, high hits, etc though, and that's your point.
Gotcha.

Old
03-15-2013, 04:26 PM
CBJenga

Quote:
Name me one incident where Clowe intentionally tried to hurt someone. I can name several for Malkin and Neal off the top of my head.

Gotcha.

Edit: Wow, I had switched who each quote was from and got confused. Nevermind, you got it.

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Zen Arcade
Seen Spaling?

Quote:

He head a pretty healthy two hander on Stephane Robidas' wrist and a nice slewfoot on Johan Franzen.

I'm not saying he's dirty, I think he straddles the line rather well and that's part of what has made him an effective player.

It's just silly when one person makes a stupid comment and people start flying off the handle.

Zen Arcade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 06:26 PM
Juxtaposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
He head a pretty healthy two hander on Stephane Robidas' wrist and a nice slewfoot on Johan Franzen.

I'm not saying he's dirty, I think he straddles the line rather well and that's part of what has made him an effective player.

It's just silly when one person makes a stupid comment and people start flying off the handle.
I'll take your word, but I don't remember either.

I just thought it was ironic that a fan of a team that employs Malkin, Neal, and Cooke wouldn't take Clowe because he's dirty.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:31 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
I'll take your word, but I don't remember either.

I just thought it was ironic that a fan of a team that employs Malkin, Neal, and Cooke wouldn't take Clowe because he's dirty.
As I recall Robidas has just slashed him prior to that... was a season or two ago. I don't remember the other one.

Old
03-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Juxtaposer

Quote:
As I recall Robidas has just slashed him prior to that... was a season or two ago. I don't remember the other one.
Well, it is that ***** Robidas that sliced off Joe's finger right before the playoffs. **** him.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Honour Over Glory

Is this the same Clowe that isn't dirty but was suspended for 2 games this season?

Yeah, super clean.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Is this the same Clowe that isn't dirty but was suspended for 2 games this season?

Yeah, super clean.
meh, he was suspending for leaving the bench. most view that as a stand-up (albeit slightly dumb) play. no pens fan called Godard dirty for doing the same, a few years back.

this thread has veered far off-track.

Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:16 PM
Juxtaposer

Quote:

Yeah, super clean.
He wanted to fight a guy. Last time I checked, that isn't intent to hurt someone. You're gonna have to do better than that. Neal took a run purposely trying to concuss Giroux and Couturier in the same shift last playoff. Clowe's just a moron trying to grab a guy on the bench.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafton View Post
meh, he was suspending for leaving the bench. most view that as a stand-up (albeit slightly dumb) play. no pens fan called Godard dirty for doing the same, a few years back.

this thread has veered far off-track.
True, but that game was just a mess.

In any case, I still don't want Clowe.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Juxtaposer

Quote:
True, but that game was just a mess.

In any case, I still don't want Clowe.
That's fine. I'm not forcing him on you, I was just responding to the several Penguins fans who intimated that the reason they didn't want him was because he's supposedly a dirty player. Neal has several incidents like that, not just that one game.

Old
03-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

if anything i think Neal and Clowe and Malkin are cut from the same cloth. they are undisciplined and prone to dumb retaliatory penalties. but one man's undisciplined is another man's dirty -i saw Neal charging Couturier but other's think he was trying to concuss the poor kid.

Last edited by Crafton: 03-15-2013 at 07:30 PM.
Crafton is offline   Reply With Quote