HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Gears Of War 4 for X1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-06-2016, 04:56 PM
  #1
Ryeram
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 175
vCash: 500
Gears Of War 4 for X1

I just found out the beta is being released on April 18th. The actual game is out October 11th.

Ryeram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2016, 09:37 PM
  #2
Grazzy
Registered User
 
Grazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 706
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryeram View Post
I just found out the beta is being released on April 18th. The actual game is out October 11th.
Hmm big fan, but didn't buy the GOW UE - Might have to pick up a used copy. Definitely my favorite shooters of all-time

Grazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2016, 09:39 PM
  #3
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,423
vCash: 500
April 18th is just if you played the Ultimate Edition prior to March 1st, it's open after the 24th until May 1st. It's a real early beta I guess, they called it an Alpha.

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2016, 02:04 AM
  #4
IamJust0ne
Registered User
 
IamJust0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Quinte West
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Hell yeah. The first 3 Gears were masterpieces. Unfortunately, after purchasing the Ultimate Edition I quickly realized I can't keep up with all the stupid little twirps in multiplayer I'm hoping for a 12+ hour campaign but we'll see...

IamJust0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2016, 08:26 PM
  #5
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,925
vCash: 125
"[We] talked about an alternate planet and let’s go somewhere else. We thought, wow, it would be rough on Sera to get attacked by yet another monster, so maybe we should give them a break and go somewhere else. But then we realized by doing that that we couldn’t harken back to the past. We couldn’t go to places that were familiar, we couldn’t use things, like weapons, that were familiar. Everything would be new. We just felt like the idea of a new cast and a new enemy and a new setting, all of it together was going to be almost too much new. We didn’t have that grounding to what made Gears, Gears.

At the end of the day, we decided, well, why don’t we just advance time and allow ourselves to create a new cast through creating the next generation of hero by having JD Fenix being Marcus’ son and sort of taking up 25 years later."

This quote is gold. Well, we thought about doing something interesting, but then we remembered that we work in the AAA video game industry, so we're just going to make the same thing 25 years in the future.

syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2016, 07:23 AM
  #6
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJust0ne View Post
Hell yeah. The first 3 Gears were masterpieces. Unfortunately, after purchasing the Ultimate Edition I quickly realized I can't keep up with all the stupid little twirps in multiplayer I'm hoping for a 12+ hour campaign but we'll see...
Will be as long or alittle longer then gears 1

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2016, 11:31 AM
  #7
IamJust0ne
Registered User
 
IamJust0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Quinte West
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Joker View Post
Will be as long or alittle longer then gears 1
If we're getting horde mode, then I can live with that.

IamJust0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2016, 03:16 PM
  #8
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJust0ne View Post
If we're getting horde mode, then I can live with that.
Don't see why they wouldn't. That's like a million bucks there. Probably hear about it at this years e3

Maybe tonight. Teaser after or during the walking dead. Doubtful though

If they don't add horde mode the game will probably suck all around and gears will be done

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2016, 04:28 PM
  #9
IamJust0ne
Registered User
 
IamJust0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Quinte West
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Joker View Post
Don't see why they wouldn't. That's like a million bucks there. Probably hear about it at this years e3

Maybe tonight. Teaser after or during the walking dead. Doubtful though

If they don't add horde mode the game will probably suck all around and gears will be done

Seriously don't see how they couldn't. Maybe start things off with just the "Spawn" and start patching in the old locust. Which is probably where the DLC comes in

IamJust0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2016, 12:38 AM
  #10
IamJust0ne
Registered User
 
IamJust0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Quinte West
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500

IamJust0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 07:24 AM
  #11
Jussi
Registered User
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: The List Of Jericho
Country: Finland
Posts: 58,080
vCash: 500

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 02:03 PM
  #12
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,833
vCash: 50
Trailer looks great, they really went back to the Gears of War 1 feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
"[We] talked about an alternate planet and let’s go somewhere else. We thought, wow, it would be rough on Sera to get attacked by yet another monster, so maybe we should give them a break and go somewhere else. But then we realized by doing that that we couldn’t harken back to the past. We couldn’t go to places that were familiar, we couldn’t use things, like weapons, that were familiar. Everything would be new. We just felt like the idea of a new cast and a new enemy and a new setting, all of it together was going to be almost too much new. We didn’t have that grounding to what made Gears, Gears.

At the end of the day, we decided, well, why don’t we just advance time and allow ourselves to create a new cast through creating the next generation of hero by having JD Fenix being Marcus’ son and sort of taking up 25 years later."

This quote is gold. Well, we thought about doing something interesting, but then we remembered that we work in the AAA video game industry, so we're just going to make the same thing 25 years in the future.
This game is going to be excellent, it's a must have for your xbox imo. Didn't you enjoy Gears 1?

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 09:07 PM
  #13
The Jesus*
Fire Benning
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,585
vCash: 50
Cover based shooters are lame. Yeah, I said it.

The Jesus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 09:14 PM
  #14
syz
[1, 5, 6, 14]
 
syz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,925
vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Trailer looks great, they really went back to the Gears of War 1 feel.
This game is going to be excellent, it's a must have for your xbox imo. Didn't you enjoy Gears 1?
Gears 1 was revolutionary. Unfortunately going back to it you realize how much the genre has evolved since then. They created the foundation and that's worth remembering, but people have been building on that foundation for like 10 years. There are other games that do Gears of War better than Gears of War did it.

If they aren't doing anything new for this game, they're ****ed. I'd rather go play Vanquish again. I have zero interest in the world or the characters anymore, and I have even less interest in playing a game that plays like just another Gears game. Maybe it's just a consequence of their initial success, but I expect revolution out of a revolutionary franchise. The genre peaked in Gears' absence, and it doesn't seem like they're even going to try and make up that gap with this game.

That quote is especially alarming because it reads exactly like somebody in an executive position coming into a meeting room and saying "we don't have time for new stuff, the Xbox needs a ****ing game, just put it in the machine and pump out a new version of that thing you already did years ago." Don't be creative, just follow this outdated blueprint we keep in the glass case labeled "Break In Case of Sony Kicking Our Ass."


Last edited by syz: 04-11-2016 at 09:26 PM.
syz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2016, 09:45 PM
  #15
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,423
vCash: 500
The quote was talking more about the direction of the game and whether it should be on another planet with completely new characters. You're drawing a completely different and negative conclusion - none of that B.S. posted is in that quote. Nothing wrong with keeping some of the same stuff. Gears is one of the best 3rd person shooters that ever existed - other than Judgement the franchise has been solid.

They did an outstanding job with Ultimate Edition in terms of Multiplayer. Give me that with more weapons and maps and I'm good. Gears has also had some of the best campaigns of any game out there - I'm sure that will continue. It's one of the few campaigns I actually play. Hopefully they push the limits of the X1 with it.


Last edited by HawksFan74: 04-11-2016 at 09:51 PM.
HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2016, 07:31 AM
  #16
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
Gears 4 is going to play like gears 3. It's already been confirmed. Fast pasted movement and such

Beta comes out in 6 days. Hopefully the net code is good cause that's really what makes it good or bad

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2016, 09:29 AM
  #17
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
It's in Spanish. But it looks like the embargo will lift today and we will get floods of information. If it is. This is what gears 4 will play like. The graphics look horrible cause it's the beta before the beta. Whatever that's called

http://youtu.be/xsQ_J4IFyxQ

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2016, 12:03 AM
  #18
Grazzy
Registered User
 
Grazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 706
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by syz View Post
Gears 1 was revolutionary. Unfortunately going back to it you realize how much the genre has evolved since then. They created the foundation and that's worth remembering, but people have been building on that foundation for like 10 years. There are other games that do Gears of War better than Gears of War did it.
Name one - that's simply not true. And please don't say Vanquish

Grazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2016, 09:43 PM
  #19
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
Beta comes out tomorrow for people who played ultimate edition before april 11th

Anything you want to know you could probably Google. Multiplayer wise

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2016, 07:49 PM
  #20
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,833
vCash: 50
I haven't gotten a code, if anyone's not using one I'd love to be PMed one.


How are the people who've tried it liking it?

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2016, 07:52 PM
  #21
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 20,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
I haven't gotten a code, if anyone's not using one I'd love to be PMed one.


How are the people who've tried it liking it?
I don't have my code yet but I see people playing it. I bought Ultimate like the 1st day it came out so...

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2016, 12:26 PM
  #22
IamJust0ne
Registered User
 
IamJust0ne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Quinte West
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Just played a few matches. Controls feel great, graphics are solid as well. Only gripe I have is my team seems to be getting dumpstered every game, hopefully that changes once I finish my promotional matches

IamJust0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2016, 03:10 PM
  #23
BruinsFTW
Registered User
 
BruinsFTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,158
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJust0ne View Post
Just played a few matches. Controls feel great, graphics are solid as well. Only gripe I have is my team seems to be getting dumpstered every game, hopefully that changes once I finish my promotional matches
You aint lying man.....I was leading my team every game and I was playing brutal...


The hammerburst has a total different feel.

I need to get used to the whole Gears gameplay and style again, its been AWHILE...

Controls, graphics etc are fine...looks good, responsive..I haven't had any issues besides getting trashed by vets..

People still trying to wall jump and **** tho is hilarious.

Dropshot is extremely OP tho.


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cake Is A Lie View Post
The game developers can take their beta and shove it up their butt.

Preordered the the ultimate edition before it came out and played it on the 1st day of release, but still no beta code.

**** them.
Always one of these guys....They are still sending out codes....

I found mine buried before a message they sent me about Forza 6 and fallout 4 cars...

I'd be willing to bet its sitting in most peoples inboxes and their just too blind to see or find it....

If you didn't get it they posted ways to get one....so thats on you.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...-Priority.html

Usually reserved for gig tickets and such, it seems that 02 Priority customers can also now get early access to the Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta from today. Previously, early access was reserved for only Gears of War: Ultimate Edition players, starting yesterday with codes going out.

However, some people still have yet to receive codes, and obviously, if you didn't play Gears of War: Ultimate Edition prior to 11th April, you won't be eligible for early access to the Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta. If, however, you're on 02's phone network, you can get in on the beta now.

All you need to do is make your way to the Gears of War page via the 02 Priority app and register for an early access Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta code. It's simply then a case of redeeming the code on your console or over on Xbox.com. Get all of the details https://priority.o2.co.uk/offers/571...ltiplayer-beta


http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...ere-s-Why.html

If, like me, you've yet to receive your Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta code, don't fret. According to the latest update from developer The Coalition, Microsoft Operations has had an issue with its code drop, which means they've not been issued in chronological order as initially planned. The beta went live for Gears of War: Ultimate Edition owners yesterday.

"We will be doing another code drop this evening to help address some of the issues. As noted before, codes will be going out in waves as we ramp up our servers through the beta," says Community Manager Adam Fletcher in an update on the game's forums.

"Starting tomorrow morning (pacific time), we will be sending out a higher volume of codes to help compensate for this change and due to server stability seen during Day 1 of our beta," the post continues. "This change and volume will carry on through Wednesday and Thursday morning (pacific time) which will cover off on everyone for early access."

Fletcher's post concludes: "We apologize for the confusion during this process and we are looking forward to seeing everyone in-game during the beta."




But by all means...continue whining..

BruinsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2016, 06:48 PM
  #24
Bruce Joker
Professor X
 
Bruce Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: East Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 13,207
vCash: 500
The hammerburst is the classic hammerburst from gears 1 or judgement. (Burst style). It's super duper weak. I'm sure it will get a buff when release happens

Bruce Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2016, 01:09 AM
  #25
ucanthanzalthetruth
Not a bandwaggoner
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 13,833
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsFTW View Post




Always one of these guys....They are still sending out codes....

I found mine buried before a message they sent me about Forza 6 and fallout 4 cars...

I'd be willing to bet its sitting in most peoples inboxes and their just too blind to see or find it....

If you didn't get it they posted ways to get one....so thats on you.



But by all means...continue whining..
If you bought the game on the 1st day and the developers promised that all day 1 buyers would receive a code within the first hour, but subsequently you had to wait 4 days for a code while someone who played the game on the last possible day got theirs in the first hour, after you were specifically promised you would get a code first, isn't that a reasonable gripe?

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.